PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Spurs play today?

SpursDynasty
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Call this the "glass half full" approach, but I think today the Spurs played their best Mavericks game this season, out of the 4, including the win on opening night. Without bizarre ejections and all Spurs personnel on the court, they are unstoppable, and will be like that in the playoffs. Notice you didn't see any streaky shooting by Dallas today.

timvp
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Got damn how many threads?

SequSpur
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
The game was not important, but if the Mavs were really playing, which is what it looked like, with Tim in the game, the Spurs would've won by at least 10.

raspsa
04-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Let's just say I wasn't uncomfortable with their play. Saw some things I liked, some things that need to be improved. Good practice as Tony said at halftime. TD's ejection was a game-changer of a game that really didn't matter for me.

SpursDynasty
04-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Mavericks were obviously trying. They went from planning to not play anyone more than 26 minutes, to having Dirk, Howard, and Terry all play more than 30 minutes, even after Duncan got ejected.

It's clear to the entire NBA, including Dallas, that the Spurs have officially returned. '05 caliber Spurs.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
No.

Parker and Manu looked lost without Duncan...never good if these are your 2nd and 3rd best players. Barry looked scared and lost. Elson was average at best, nothing like that first game of the season which I'm begining to beleive was a fluke. Vaughn was not impressive and reminded me again why I doubted his ability to come through in the playoffs in crunch time. If Devin Harris abused him like that, Iverson/Blake will have field day with him in the first round whenever Parker's on the bench. And Pop's rotations/substitutions still seemed questionable (not playing Horry/Bonner in the 4th) etc.

But that's just glass half empty view :)

Glass half full view: Spurs were still in the game in the 4th quarter despite not having Duncan, Finley is looking good, Horry looked better than he has all season, and it's always nice to get Duncan pissed right before the playoffs...

SAtown
04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I was not impressed. Too many stupid turnovers, too many bad outside shots.

SpursDynasty
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Keep in mind that Spurs had more REBOUNDS and BLOCKS than Dallas did in this game.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Yea but they also went without a FG the last 6 minutes or something of the 4th quarter. THat's just plain bad when you have such great shooters on the team, supposedly.

T Park
04-15-2007, 11:16 PM
1parker

WTF, vaughn didn't play well so STEVE BLAKE is gonna run all over him?

:lmao

What kind of friggen jump in assumptions is THAT.

Good lord.

T Park
04-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Yea but they also went without a FG the last 6 minutes or something of the 4th quarter. THat's just plain bad when you have such great shooters on the team, supposedly.

Wow, so they didn't play well without their best player.

What a shock :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, so they didn't play well without their best player.

What a shock :rolleyes

Yea why would they do something crazy like stepping up to the challenge?

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
T Park, I decided a long time ago not to respond to your sarcastic posts so in the words of Greg Popovich: No Comment.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 11:24 PM
1parker

WTF, vaughn didn't play well so STEVE BLAKE is gonna run all over him?

:lmao

What kind of friggen jump in assumptions is THAT.

Good lord.

Isn't Blake a starter in Denver?

He probably won't be playing against Vaughn then.

T-Pain
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
i was impressed because we kept up with the mavs all day