PDA

View Full Version : Kobe only gets 50 vs. Crap teams

Chris Childs
04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
And then he disappears against good teams in the playoffs.

Seattle with no D tonight. It'll be fun watching Kobe shoot 35% against Dallas.

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Kobe had 50 against the rockets this year...oh and he had 50+ against the suns last year in the playoffs...what's with all hating....

trueD
04-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Last year in the PO's? That's kind of a stretch, but okay.

Why didn't this go into the "Kobe got 50" thread, are you special Chris?

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh, I don't see many players score 50 with regularity he scores 50, regardless of the team. Every team is geared up to play D on him, the lakers have no second option, and he still drops 50...very special indeed.

Fillmoe
04-15-2007, 11:34 PM
lakers have no second option? i would like to think that lamar odom isn't that bad of a second option.......

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
lakers have no second option? i would like to think that lamar odom isn't that bad of a second option.......

He's a pretty bad second offensive option. Odom has all the talent in the world to be an All Star level player, but there's just something about his game...he really lacks the drive and consistency.

Odom is the 2nd best player on the Lakers cuz he does a lot of the other stuff: Defense, rebounding, assists, etc. For offensive production, I don't think he's that great of a 2nd option night in and night out that the Lakers need.

Chris Childs
04-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, I don't see many players score 50 with regularity he scores 50, regardless of the team. Every team is geared up to play D on him, the lakers have no second option, and he still drops 50...very special indeed.

He still drops 50............on crap teams and there ain't NOTHING special about that. And the lakers do have a second option. What's wrong with Oldom or smush? You act like the crap teams he scored 50 on had great D.
Fuck outta here. I'll be totally surprise if Kobe scores 20 against the Chokericks even though they don't have good D they're still a good team.

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
He scored 62 in 3 quarters last year against the mighty D....

Superman2001
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM

Lamar Odom isn't a viable second option. He disappears after every solid performance.

Chris Childs
04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
He scored 62 in 3 quarters last year against the mighty D....

OK? Your point? Dallas last year was terrible on defense. The fact of the matter is Kobe can only get away putting up impressive numbers against wack teams and that is SAD.

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Anyone else scoring 50 a game (10 times this season, second to Wilt) Chris....I hear crickets...you're such a loser, it's funny, you started this thread bashing a guy who scored 50 on 18/25 in a crucial game trying to ink a playoff run...and you still hate. I usually don't retaliate with a Knicks comment, but their record and franchise speaks for itself.

Chris Childs
04-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Anyone else scoring 50 a game (10 times this season, second to Wilt) Chris....I hear crickets...you're such a loser, it's funny, you started this thread bashing a guy who scored 50 on 18/25 in a crucial game trying to ink a playoff run...and you still hate. I usually don't retaliate with a Knicks comment, but their record and franchise speaks for itself.

Well in terms of history, The lakers are better than the knicks I will give you that. But the knicks had better players and that's something you can't deny.

Oh and right now, our franchise is in hell right now but when Isiah turns things around next year, we will be the talk of the NBA.

AMAREownsALL
04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Well in terms of history, The lakers are better than the knicks I will give you that. But the knicks had better players and that's something you can't deny.

Oh and right now, our franchise is in hell right now but when Isiah turns things around next year, we will be the talk of the NBA.

:lol

trueD
04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Kobe is a good scorer, a terrific player. But his team just now, after Game 81, secured a playoff berth. How does anyone explain this? Last year, same thing. The year before, errrrr....you know.

I think Odom and Luke are wasting away on the same team as Kobme, because it's all about....KOBE. They play team ball in spurts, when Kobe says it's okay to. They defer to Kobe in tight situations because they aren't trusted. Kobe has all the power. Also, he seems intimidating to play with, someone you don't want to piss off. I imagine Kobe gets pissed off a LOT in private, because he does it right there on the hardwood with his teammates.

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Magic, Worthy, Kareem,, Baylor, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, West...I could go on Childs...but yes, I do agree with you, the Knicks had better players..

Medvedenko
04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
TrueD...I understand your dilmema...but they have had severe injuries to contend with, not to mention, kobe not even starting the season and missing the training camp. Oh, and Walton, Smush, Kwame wouldn't be starting on any other team in the NBA...

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
They defer to Kobe in tight situations because they aren't trusted. Kobe has all the power. Also, he seems intimidating to play with, someone you don't want to piss off. I imagine Kobe gets pissed off a LOT in private, because he does it right there on the hardwood with his teammates.

:wtf Isn't that what ALL teams do? They defer to their superstar in tight situations. Who do you see taking the last minute shot with the ball in his hands for Miami? D Wade. Who do you see taking the last minute shot with the ball in his hands for Cleveland? Lebron. etc. etc.

I don't know what Kobe does off the court or whatever if he yells at his team mates, though I haven't heard anything, but if I were Phil Jackson, 9 times out of 10 I'd want Kobe taking the last shot over Smush Parker, Luke Walton, or Sasha Vuijic. :lol

AMAREownsALL
04-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Kobe is a good scorer, a terrific player. But his team just now, after Game 81, secured a playoff berth. How does anyone explain this? Last year, same thing. The year before, errrrr....you know.

I think Odom and Luke are wasting away on the same team as Kobme, because it's all about....KOBE. They play team ball in spurts, when Kobe says it's okay to. They defer to Kobe in tight situations because they aren't trusted. Kobe has all the power. Also, he seems intimidating to play with, someone you don't want to piss off. I imagine Kobe gets pissed off a LOT in private, because he does it right there on the hardwood with his teammates.

I agree.

I think it's kind of ashame that Kobe has to almost do everything for the team because of the below average players on it. I know Kobe in his mind is just frustruated for the fact that he has to put up these ridiculous numbers on a nightly basis just for his team to win. I sometimes feel bad for Kobe because of the energy he wastes just to get a win but at the same time I respect him for actually having the guts to do that.

trueD
04-16-2007, 12:31 AM
:wtf Isn't that what ALL teams do? They defer to their superstar in tight situations. Who do you see taking the last minute shot with the ball in his hands for Miami? D Wade. Who do you see taking the last minute shot with the ball in his hands for Cleveland? Lebron. etc. etc.

I don't know what Kobe does off the court or whatever if he yells at his team mates, though I haven't heard anything, but if I were Phil Jackson, 9 times out of 10 I'd want Kobe taking the last shot over Smush Parker, Luke Walton, or Sasha Vuijic. :lol
You're right. And to Kobe's credit, he was allowing others to take shots late in the fourth against Suns, when Kobe was missing shots too. But tonight, in a must win game, "team concept" was not present for most of the 2nd half. Kobe took the same number of shots as Odom (5-9, 56%), Farmar (3-6, 50%) and Walton (2-10, 20%), all starters.

Kobe should be taking the last shot, but not all of them. He can't carry that team. No one can carry a team every game. It seems his desire to win overshadows his desire to play team ball, don't you think his teammates know that? Why does he only stick with the "team" concept for so long? Because it's a fakey faker thing he does when he involves the team, imo. He doesn't REALLY believe they can do anything good without him. At least, that's how he acts.

Luke is shooting 48% this year, Smush 44%.

Kobe's teammates need to believe they are vital, don't they? That's Kobe's job, MVP candidate/star/leader that he is.

JamStone
04-16-2007, 12:31 AM
He still drops 50............on crap teams and there ain't NOTHING special about that. And the lakers do have a second option. What's wrong with Oldom or smush? You act like the crap teams he scored 50 on had great D.
Fuck outta here. I'll be totally surprise if Kobe scores 20 against the Chokericks even though they don't have good D they're still a good team.

Houston is one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. They are right at the top in OPP fg% and OPP ppg. They have a coach who emphasizes defense. They have one of the best perimeter defenders in Shane Battier, and a very athletic and long player in Tracy McGrady that can share defensive responsibility guarding Kobe. And, the Rockets have a 7-5 center to protect the rim.

Kobe dropped 53 points on that Houston Rockets team TWICE.

There have been six players this season in the NBA who have scored at least 50 points in a game. It has happened only 18 times. There have been about 1,200 games played in the NBA this season. 18 times a player has scored 50 points in 1,200 games. Only Gilbert Arenas (2) and Michael Redd (2) have done it more than once besides Kobe. Every team plays crap teams in the NBA. Why aren't there more players scoring 50 points on crap teams?

nowhereman523
04-16-2007, 01:45 AM
there's been lots of shitty teams in the history of the nba. when else has someone hung 81 on one of them?

isn't taking care of business against teams you're supposed to beat one of the foundations of winning basketball?

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:10 AM
You're right. And to Kobe's credit, he was allowing others to take shots late in the fourth against Suns, when Kobe was missing shots too. But tonight, in a must win game, "team concept" was not present for most of the 2nd half. Kobe took the same number of shots as Odom (5-9, 56%), Farmar (3-6, 50%) and Walton (2-10, 20%), all starters.

He was shooting 18-25. Ina must win game for the Lakers, I'd rather have Kobe taking over the game and ensuring a win, especially when he's in the kind of zone he was in last night. If his teammates and coaches don't mind, why do so many fans hate it when Kobe shoots so much? :wtf

TheNextGen
04-16-2007, 02:38 PM

SMUSH!!?!??! 2nd option?!??!
:dramaquee

mardigan
04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
SMUSH!!?!??! 2nd option?!??!
:dramaquee
Yea, I saw that too. Immediately discredits Childs opinions about basketball. Always trying to piss people off