PDA

View Full Version : Things Mavs Fans liked about the Game

jack0fspeed
04-16-2007, 07:23 AM
1. No points for the Spurs in final 4:17. With or without Duncan ... impressive.

2. Still no answer for Devin Harris

3. Elson "Dirk stopper"? No ... Elson "Dirk MVP-maker".

4. Mavs put the final nail in the coffin for the Spurs HCA hopes.

5. Refs finally cracking down on that lame palms-up stuff.

6. Mavs can finally out-flop the Spurs.

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
And I will like when we will defeat you in the playoffs.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 07:33 AM
7. Refs picking up right where they left off in last year's Western conference semis.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 08:00 AM
8. Spurs fans picking up right where they left off in last years Western Conference semi's.

9. Avery out coached Pop again.

10. Season series won 3-1, only loss coming in the first game of the season when we started 0-4 and were playing like crap. 2-0 in San Antonio

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 08:05 AM
So now all of the sudden that was supposed to be a meaningful game? :lol

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Cuz they won. If Mavs had lost despite their players getting extended minutes, this would have been a meaningless game. :rolleyes

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:08 AM
It just shows how classless and stupid the entire Mavs organization is...an extension of their fan base and owner.

The Spurs had an excuse to be fired up...they were still fighting for the #2 seed. Mavs meanwhile, already have HCA locked up, they know they're on a roll, and their players still ended up playing over 35 minutes in this game? Very dumb of Avery and the staff...especially since they could have gotten injured. And after Duncan goes out, you still want some kind of "moral victory" and bring back Dirk and Co to seal the deal? Why?

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Cuz they won. If Mavs had lost despite their players getting extended minutes, this would have been a meaningless game. :rolleyes

The game was meaningless in terms of standings but only an idiot would say the game was totally meaningless. Hence the reason Avery played starters like a normal game (extended minutes? no) and hence the reason the Spurs were playing hard. Tony Parker said "it's good practice" at halftime, I doubt either team practices that hard.

And even if it was meaningless to the players, it wouldn't be meaningless to a fan of either team. It's the biggest rivalry in the NBA, of course it means something.

It just shows how classless and stupid the entire Mavs organization is...an extension of their fan base and owner.

:lol :lol

This just in, playing games to win is "classless". Maybe that is why LA is stumbling into the playoffs, Jackson is just too classy :lol

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 08:13 AM
winning meaning less game

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:14 AM
It was totally meaningless for the Mavericks. Give me one good reason why the Mavs starters should have played more than 25 minutes in this game? Because it's a rivalry? Well, winning against your rival is more meaningful in the playoffs, not the regular season. Why didn't Avery play his starters so many minutes the 3 games before this? Why would you risk an injury to any of your star players in a game like yesterday? The fans got what they wanted...the Mavs played their starters 25 minutes they would have still gotten a good "show."

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 08:27 AM
It was totally meaningless for the Mavericks. Give me one good reason why the Mavs starters should have played more than 25 minutes in this game? Because it's a rivalry? Well, winning against your rival is more meaningful in the playoffs, not the regular season. Why didn't Avery play his starters so many minutes the 3 games before this? Why would you risk an injury to any of your star players in a game like yesterday? The fans got what they wanted...the Mavs played their starters 25 minutes they would have still gotten a good "show."

The game wasn't totally meaningless, it was an important game for both teams. Not only because of the rivalry, but also because Dallas was something like 1-3 or 1-4 against playoff teams in the last month or something like that. It was likely a preview of the WCF, a great game for both coaches to coach like a playoff game. During the broadcast multiple times you heard reported in the huddles talk about how both coaches were talking about playoff gameplans.

I think Dirk and Howard are the only two who played regular minutes, Terry played less than normal and obviously with Terry out Harris played more, and with Damp out Diop played more. The starters didn't play as many minutes in the other games because it wasn't Spurs vs Mavs. And, if you look over the box scores of the games, you see Avery plays the starters more against teams still fighting for something, which isn't classless, it's how all coaches should do it. **** this rest all your starters and give the other team the game crap. They still have plenty of time to rest.

Findog
04-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Very dumb of Avery and the staff...especially since they could have gotten injured. And after Duncan goes out, you still want some kind of "moral victory" and bring back Dirk and Co to seal the deal? Why?

No, quite dumb of Pop, his staff and players to fall for Avery's trap. AJ said he was gonna rest his stars and play the scrubs. Instead he used this game as a dress rehearsal for the playoffs and a chance to examine the Spurs when they play full-tilt. What did Pop so generously provide to Avery in the way of information? Well, your transition D still sucks, and you stil fall prey to the same mental lapses and mistakes that doomed you last May. You can watch game film all you want, but there's nothing like a 3-D live action game film right in front of you. Avery was scouting yesterday, and you guys fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Findog
04-16-2007, 08:41 AM
It was totally meaningless for the Mavericks. Give me one good reason why the Mavs starters should have played more than 25 minutes in this game?

One word: SCOUTING. Avery plays chess, Pop plays checkers.

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Speaking of mental lapses and mistakes that doomed my team last May....how's that Mavs 2006 championship oh wait...............

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Avery 0 rings as coach, Pop 3 rings as coach.

Testing
04-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Mavs fans have got to be the biggest bandwagoners in the history of the game. They talk smack like they know thie history of the game and they have to be the most biased fans ever. It's like they refuse to see the other side and appreciate and concede good basketball by other teams.

Findog
04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Mavs fans have got to be the biggest bandwagoners in the history of the game. They talk smack like they know thie history of the game and they have to be the most biased fans ever. It's like they refuse to see the other side and appreciate and concede good basketball by other teams.

Yeah, you're right, I didn't start watching basketball and following the Mavs until they began winning. I have no idea who Roy Tarpley, Mark Aguirre, James Donaldson and Sam Perkins are. I never bothered to watch or follow this team during the dark days of Mike Iuzzolino, Terry Davis and Greg Dreiling. Clearly just a bandwagon homer that doesn't know a pick and roll from a hole in the ground.

Findog
04-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Speaking of mental lapses and mistakes that doomed my team last May....how's that Mavs 2006 championship oh wait...............

It's impossible to beat a team when a two-guard shoots 25 FTs a game. Spurs or anybody else couldn't have beaten Miami under those conditions. It's funny how Spurs fans bitch about the officiating in our series while ignoring that Duncan was camped out at the line too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620

I agree with Simmons...if the refs call every bump on Shaq and whistle the opposing teams everytime Wade goes to the basket, nobody is going to beat them, not Dallas, not Detroit, nor San Antonio or Phoenix.

If it's fair to question our intestinal fortitude, then it's fair to question the insane star treatment Wade got. If you want to bring up the 2006 NBA Finals, I didn't, you did, but if you want to bring it up, I'll refrain from whining about the refs if you can refrain from calling us chokers. Nobody was going to beat the Heat under those ground rules. NOBODY.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Best thing? The look on Duncan's face... :lol

7. Refs picking up right where they left off in last year's Western conference semis.

Spurs fans don't complain about officiating... :lol :lol

mFFL03
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
what I liked about the game?

seeing barry do turn around, fade away 3's....now the spurs need more of that.....

oh yah...and more Finley choking

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 09:32 AM
having the Spurs best player ejected at a critical moment int he game which they were losing

jack0fspeed
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
if devin harris is the player you think is going to carry mav past spurs then...:Lol DAT's FUNNY

Devin Harris had a HUGE impact last year. You are an idiot.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
:lol if devin harris is the player you think is going to carry mav past spurs then...:Lol :lol :lol :lol :lol DAT's FUNNY

Harris was the difference in the Mavs - Spurs series last year...

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 09:55 AM
having the Spurs best player ejected at a critical moment int he game which they were losing

Yup that was the best thing to happen to the Mavs in the whole game. They better hope Tim Duncan does not learn how to control his laughter in the playoffs and has to be thrown out of the games often.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 10:04 AM

If you look at the gameflow on http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20070415&game=SASDAL, you'll see that when Dirk was on the floor, the Mavs were

-6 in the first quarter
+1 in the 2nd
+1 in the 3rd
+7 in the fourth (interesting)

For a grand total of +3 when he was playing.

The REAL key for the Mavs win, IMO, was the play of Harris and Stack.

Shank
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
SpurFan has officially usurped MavFan as the whiniest, most sore loser anywhere. The excuses are ridiculous. You act as though every team in the league is supposed to roll over for your dumb asses. Suck up the loss and the events within and move on already. You're losing all face and all respect with this one game.

jack0fspeed
04-16-2007, 10:08 AM
The REAL key for the Mavs win, IMO, was the play of Harris and Stack.

Regardless of what the numbers say, the MVP voters will have that image of Elson (the supposed Dirk-stopper) getting faked out of his drawers and Dirk knocking down that jumpshot. Or maybe they'll be thinking about Mark Jackson saying .. "Elson isn't even in the picture!"

He probably already had the MVP won, but now there is no doubt.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
SpurFan has officially usurped MavFan as the whiniest, most sore loser anywhere. The excuses are ridiculous. You act as though every team in the league is supposed to roll over for your dumb asses. Suck up the loss and the events within and move on already. You're losing all face and all respect with this one game.

SPURS FANS DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT OFFICIATING!!

It's the #1 rule of SpursTalk...

:lol

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
SPURS FANS DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT OFFICIATING!!

It's the #1 rule of SpursTalk...

At least they aren't doing anything crazy like coming up with conspiracy theories....oh wait nm....

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:11 AM

Just where do you think Avery learned to coach? Please don't say Don Nelson, I'll die of laughter :lol

tmtcsc
1. No points for the Spurs in final 4:17. With or without Duncan ... impressive.

1. 5 point win w/o Duncan in final qtr and a half. You should be impressed
2. Devin Harris will stop himself
3. Where did that come from ? Dirk will hide in crunch time in playoffs
4. Joey Crawford did more to stop Spurs than any Mav did
5. Please...
6. Flop or Flail into our guys ? WTH was that thing that Howard did ?

spursfan09

Why cause we're mad cuase our best player got thrown out for no good reason? Because he was laughing? We can't complain about that? That was the stupidest thing I have ever seen in an NBA game done by an official.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Regardless of what the numbers say, the MVP voters will have that image of Elson (the supposed Dirk-stopper) getting faked out of his drawers and Dirk knocking down that jumpshot. Or maybe they'll be thinking about Mark Jackson saying .. "Elson isn't even in the picture!"

He probably already had the MVP won, but now there is no doubt.

Back-to-back Nash and now Dirk. This is a disturbing trend of MVP's that don't have any defensive game.

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd say if Dirk was the one thrown out, this game would be so meaningless and there would just as much talk going on about Crawford as there is now.

But if it makes you guys feel better come and gloat now...go ahead, you won't have much opportunity to do so in the playoffs.

Shank
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Why cause we're mad cuase our best player got thrown out for no good reason? Because he was laughing? We can't complain about that? That was the stupidest thing I have ever seen in an NBA game done by an official.

You see what you want to see. You honestly think he was just laughing? It's clear that he and the cast of Cocoon next to him were openly mocking the officials. Is that what Pop teaches? It's hard to believe that the situation quickly escalated from just laughing to 2nd tech to Duncan saying 'f--- you- and 'piece of shit' toward Crawford as he was walking off.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd say if Dirk was the one thrown out, this game would be so meaningless and there would just as much talk going on about Crawford as there is now.

But if it makes you guys feel better come and gloat now...go ahead, you won't have much opportunity to do so in the playoffs.

I personally wouldn't bitch about it...I don't complain about officiating. I didn't think Spurs fans did either...

and I don't think Mavs fans are "gloating" about this meaningless win either... :lol

J.T.
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see the Mavs win that same game if it had been Dirk ejected for laughing on the bench.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
10. Mav Fan proving once again that he is the dumbest and least-respected in the league.

Shank
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM

We're numb to the effect of the officials. Been there, done that. Remember that we have Cuban as our team's owner. Nothing shocks us anymore.

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Things Mavs Fans liked about the Game

11. It was on at 2:30, so they didn't have to sneak up past their bedtime to watch it.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Why did you see something wrong with the reffiing yesterday? Sensitive about something, eh?

J.T.
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
You see what you want to see. You honestly think he was just laughing? It's clear that he and the cast of Cocoon next to him were openly mocking the officials. Is that what Pop teaches? It's hard to believe that the situation quickly escalated from just laughing to 2nd tech to Duncan saying 'f--- you- and 'piece of shit' toward Crawford as he was walking off.

It's still find comments like this funny after the entire Mavs organization publicly bitched about officiating in the NBA Finals. Irony.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
10. Mav Fan proving once again that he is the dumbest and least-respected in the league.

according to fans still drying their eyes over their hero getting bitch-slapped by some idiot ref.

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:22 AM
We're numb to the effect of the officials. Been there, done that. Remember that we have Cuban as our team's owner. Nothing shocks us anymore.

So that wasn't Mav fans whining last season that the officials stole the trophy away from them? I could've sworn it was them.....hmm, my mistake!

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
according to fans still drying their eyes over their hero getting bitch-slapped by some idiot ref.
aren't you guys still crying about your hero getting bitched slapped by some idiot ref in last years finals? :wtf

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
8. Spurs fans picking up right where they left off in last years Western Conference semi's.

9. Avery out coached Pop again.

10. Season series won 3-1, only loss coming in the first game of the season when we started 0-4 and were playing like crap. 2-0 in San Antonio

It's funny how Mavs fans consistently have to reassure themselves that Dallas is a better team than SA.

It's more of a false reassurance. They still hold on to last year's semis. It's all they have.

This current SA team, without Duncan ejected, are unstoppable and showed it the majority of the game, down to the final minute when Dallas pulled away.

To use the same type of excuse you used, two of the three losses came when SA wasn't playing well, and the last one came when Duncan got ejected. 1-0 in Dallas with everyone in the game. :ihit

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:24 AM
aren't you guys still crying about your hero getting bitched slapped by some idiot ref in last years finals? :wtf

not me. dirk bitch slapped himself in that series, i've said that all along.

EDIT: he bitch slapped an exercise bike too, just so that 15 spurs fans won't bring it up like it's some sort of clever comeback.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:26 AM
So that wasn't Mav fans whining last season that the officials stole the trophy away from them? I could've sworn it was them.....hmm, my mistake!

it wasn't Spurs fans telling the Mavs fans to stop whining about refs after the Finals? The same Spurs fans that are now whining about how the officials stole a game away from them now? I could've swort it was them...

Shank
04-16-2007, 10:26 AM
It's funny how Mavs fans consistently have to reassure themselves that Dallas is a better team than SA.

It's more of a false reassurance. They still hold on to last year's semis. It's all they have.

This current SA team, without Duncan ejected, are unstoppable and showed it the majority of the game, down to the final minute when Dallas pulled away.

To use the same type of excuse you used, two of the three losses came when SA wasn't playing well, and the last one came when Duncan got ejected. 1-0 in Dallas with everyone in the game. :ihit

All you ever do is spin, spin, spin. Your team is not unstoppable. It's not like the Spurs were running away with yesterday's game with Duncan in there. The biggest lead was 7-8 points. And your current SA team, as unstoppable as you might think they are, still fell to the Celtics and the Bucks with Duncan in the lineup. Yes, it's old news to bring those games up, but it proves that they're not "unstoppable".

Bruno
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM

QFT

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
not me. dirk bitch slapped himself in that series, i've said that all along.

EDIT: he bitch slapped an exercise bike too, just so that 15 spurs fans won't bring it up like it's some sort of clever comeback.
sure, not you. of course not. how silly of me.

but thousands of other maverick fans are of that dispostion.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 10:29 AM
not me.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1575530&postcount=2

:rolleyes

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:29 AM
sure, not you. of course not. how silly of me.

but thousands of other maverick fans are of that dispostion.

sucks for them.

is this a case of "you guys can't whine about the officials, but we can, cuz we have 3 rings"

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1575530&postcount=2

I said wade shoots alot of free throws. Too many. I didn't say the refs screwed over Dirk in that series. learn to fucking read.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I said wade shoots alot of free throws. Too many. I didn't say the refs screwed over Dirk in that series. learn to fucking read.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 10:35 AM

It's funny how Spurs fans consistently have to reassure themselves that San Antonio is a better team than Dallas.

It's more of a false reassurance. They still hold on to championships they won in the past. It's all they have.

This current Dallas team, even without their starting center, are unstoppable and showed it in the majority of the game, down to the final six and a half minutes of the game when they shut down the Spurs with amazing defense and didn't let them make a single FG to close out the game, and win the season series 3-1, continuing their ownage of the San Antonio Spurs. Enjoy your road trip in round 2 of the playoffs.

Ginofan
it wasn't Spurs fans telling the Mavs fans to stop whining about refs after the Finals? The same Spurs fans that are now whining about how the officials stole a game away from them now? I could've swort it was them...

Sorry dude, JC was pretty damn outrageous. If it's being talked about all over the NBA league, ESPN, Fox New, etc etc, I think that gives us some credit for questioning the actions of one insane ref. Who knows what the outcome of the game would've been if we still had Duncan, we'll never know now because someone wanted camera time. But with holding the lead for most of the second half...I'd say the Spurs had a pretty good chance at a win.

Ginofan

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Silly mavfan

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
It's funny how Spurs fans consistently have to reassure themselves that San Antonio is a better team than Dallas.

It's more of a false reassurance. They still hold on to championships they won in the past. It's all they have.

This current Dallas team, even without their starting center, are unstoppable and showed it in the majority of the game, down to the final six and a half minutes of the game when they shut down the Spurs with amazing defense and didn't let them make a single FG to close out the game, and win the season series 3-1, continuing their ownage of the San Antonio Spurs. Enjoy your road trip in round 2 of the playoffs.

Why would we need reassurance on our own board??? :lol you guys are hillarious

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
sucks for them.

is this a case of "you guys can't whine about the officials, but we can, cuz we have 3 rings"
have i ever said that?

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Who knows what the outcome of the game would've been if we still had Duncan...

Uh... haven't you been reading? Apparently every Spurs fan on this board knows what would have happened. Spurs win by 80... duh!

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
have i ever said that?

no, not you specifically. but if we're lumping all Mavs fans into one group then I'll go ahead and lump all Spurs fans into one group too.

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Uh... haven't you been reading? Apparently every Spurs fan on this board knows what would have happened. Spurs win by 80... duh!
EricaAmDumb

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Why would we need reassurance on our own board??? :lol you guys are hillarious

What the hell does it matter what board it's on? You can go to any general basketball board on the internet or even any popular Mavs board and you have Spurs fans saying they are better than Dallas and bringing up championships. Or no wait.. I guess Mavs fans are the only ones who do that type of crap :rolleyes

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM

By 80? Wow, I didn' see anything like that, but alright....a win by 80 points...I'll take it...Manu must've gone off or something!

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM
no, not you specifically. but if we're lumping all Mavs fans into one group then I'll go ahead and lump all Spurs fans into one group too.
i would have a harder time lumping if 95% of the mavs fans on this board weren't trying to justify the ejection.

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
What the hell does it matter what board it's on? You can go to any general basketball board on the internet or even any popular Mavs board and you have Spurs fans saying they are better than Dallas and bringing up championships. Or no wait.. I guess Mavs fans are the only ones who do that type of crap :rolleyes

Are you just sad that you can't bring up your own championships or something? I tend to stay at my own team's board, I don't have to go looking for reassurance for something I already know, but to each their own. :toast

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
i would have a harder time lumping if 95% of the mavs fans on this board weren't trying to justify the ejection.

i don't know if it's 95%, but i am kinda shocked at how many of them really think Tim deserved it.

i think Tim got screwed over big time, but I just find it funny that Spurs fans can bitch and whine as much as they have and develop conspiracy theories about some BS ejection in a meaningless game.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 10:46 AM
i don't know if it's 95%, but i am kinda shocked at how many of them really think Tim deserved it.

i think Tim got screwed over big time, but I just find it funny that Spurs fans can bitch and whine as much as they have and develop conspiracy theories about some BS ejection in a meaningless game.

I don't think its a conspiracy -- Joey Crawford has a rep for being a dick -- that's no big secret. Just ask Nellie.

Kermit
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM

we're allowed to bitch over bullshit such as this. anyone developing conspiracy theories however needs to be bitch-slapped. this was nothing more than the doings of a senile, bitter, angry old man who certainly won't be reffing any spurs games in the playoffs.

leemajors
04-16-2007, 10:55 AM

so chessmaster avery learned that the spurs are easier to stop when duncan can't play. since you went ahead and begged the question: if pop plays checkers, avery plays chess, what does riley play?

Three_Rings
04-16-2007, 10:57 AM

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
this was nothing more than the doings of a senile, bitter, angry old man who certainly won't be reffing any spurs games in the playoffs.

i certainly hope so. Crawford's got a vendetta against everybody, not just Duncan. This could very easily have been Dirk or Howard getting tossed for no good reason.

of course if it was Dirk getting tossed, and Mavs fans were bitching about it, i have a funny feeling that there'd be tons of "quit whining, Mavfan, Dirk deserved it!" posts.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
so chessmaster avery learned that the spurs are easier to stop when duncan can't play. since you went ahead and begged the question: if pop plays checkers, avery plays chess, what does riley play?

candyland

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
we're allowed to bitch over bullshit such as this. anyone developing conspiracy theories however needs to be bitch-slapped. this was nothing more than the doings of a senile, bitter, angry old man who certainly won't be reffing any spurs games in the playoffs.

I don't think it's your complaining about the officiating that is causing the arguement. I think it's the shit talk about the mavs that is mixed in with the complaining. You act like the mavs have some control over Crawfordand what happened in the game. If your going to bitch about the officiating, bitch about JUST the officiating instead of "I can't believe that damn Joey Crawford... bitchass mavericks".

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't think it's your complaining about the officiating that is causing the arguement. I think it's the shit talk about the mavs that is mixed in with the complaining. You act like the mavs have some control over Crawfordand what happened in the game. If your going to bitch about the officiating, bitch about JUST the officiating instead of "I can't believe that damn Joey Crawford... bitchass mavericks".

Nah i think what the consensus is that most mavfans are sided with Joey Crawford and his actions, which is unbelievable to us. That causes alot of shit talking, when fans can't even fathom the ridiculousness of the ref's actions and the impact he put on the game.

Findog
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Have Wade drive to the hoop anytime Bennett Salvatore refs a Heat game.

leemajors
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
candyland

i was hoping for something along the lines of shuffleboard.

Findog
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM

We learned that your transition D isn't any better than it was last May, you still don't have an answer for Dirk, should Duncan at any point get into foul trouble and have to sit for an extended period of time, your team is hopeless, you're turnover prone, Barry doesn't deserve to get burn, etc. Does that help?

Duncan threw down a 32 and 13 last May. Wasn't good enough.

leemajors
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
We learned that your transition D isn't any better than it was last May, you still don't have an answer for Dirk, should Duncan at any point get into foul trouble and have to sit for an extended period of time, your team is hopeless, you're turnover prone, Barry doesn't deserve to get burn, etc. Does that help?

Duncan threw down a 32 and 13 last May. Wasn't good enough.

spurs had 13 tos, mavs 12. granted, several of those were late. even with duncan out, the mavs weren't exactly lighting up the joint. but take all of that from the game if you want. another in your endless series of questionable, at best, takes.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Nah i think what the consensus is that most mavfans are sided with Joey Crawford and his actions, which is unbelievable to us. That causes alot of shit talking, when fans can't even fathom the ridiculousness of the ref's actions and the impact he put on the game.

What exactly does "most" consist of? 20 percent? These were all posts by Mavfans right after Tim got thrown out.

I'm a Mavs fan, but that's a fucking joke. Crawford's a fucking joke.

Wow, Crawford really sucks.

I don't get why the NBA thinks refs like Joey Crawford are good?

Damn refs are sucking today. Ejecting Duncan was a little uncalled for. He was showing his ass a little... but throwing him out of the game? come on....

Joey Crawford is a fuckin' madman out there. Hopefully the league does something about his power trip. Fuck it this game isn't even worth watching anymore.

At least we can (hopefully) all agree that Joey Crawford is an idiot and a disgrace of an NBA official. Duncan's ejection was ridiculous.

There are more where these came from.

Shank
04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
A case of perception becoming a false reality.

...just like all of SpursDynasty's posts.

gtownspur
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
1.The mavs won with Playing Dirk No-wits-ki on Oberto.

2.and Avery plays "Scattegories" while Pop plays "Scene it"

3. Duncan is a whiny 3 finals MVP Bitch, Defensive Player of the Year, Fundamentals tuned, Back to the Basket playing Forward, who anchors the defense, while Dirk is the Whiny PF who shoots over Tony Parker for his He-Man heroics in the Fourth.

Scoreboard. Dirk No-wits-ki.

4. Avery Johnson bought New York Avenue, and has a "get out Jail" card. Pop plays tic tacs.

5. Your Transition D is horrid when Oberto is the Anchor= Mavs Sweep.

6. Avery Plays Strip Poker with Mark Cuban while getting Donkey Punched By Dwayne Wade and the Finals Refs.

Pop plays checkers.

Kermit
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
i've acted as if mavs fans have some control over joey crawford? you read this entire thread and that's your impression? our school system is in desperate need of repair if that's the kind of comprehension you're exhibiting.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Whatever, none of this shit talk bothers me. If the situations were flipped and Dirk had been toss we would never here the end of it from Mav fans. Just gives yall more false confidence going into the playoffs

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 11:42 AM
1.The mavs won with Playing Dirk No-wits-ki on Oberto.

2.and Avery plays "Scattegories" while Pop plays "Scene it"

3. Duncan is a whiny 3 finals MVP Bitch, Defensive Player of the Year, Fundamentals tuned, Back to the Basket playing Forward, who anchors the defense, while Dirk is the Whiny PF who shoots over Tony Parker for his He-Man heroics in the Fourth.

Scoreboard. Dirk No-wits-ki.

4. Avery Johnson bought New York Avenue, and has a "get out Jail" card. Pop plays tic tacs.

5. Your Transition D is horrid when Oberto is the Anchor= Mavs Sweep.

6. Avery Plays Strip Poker with Mark Cuban while getting Donkey Punched By Dwayne Wade and the Finals Refs.

Pop plays checkers.

Very strange post... but I will admit it is alot more insightful than some other posts around here.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Yup that was the best thing to happen to the Mavs in the whole game. They better hope Tim Duncan does not learn how to control his laughter in the playoffs and has to be thrown out of the games often.

You mean like last year, when he played 40+ minutes all 7 games and the Spurs still couldn't win?

Good point. Mavs better "hope" that Duncan doesn't play. We have no chance if he does. :rolleyes

Three_Rings
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
You mean like last year, when he played 40+ minutes all 7 games and the Spurs still couldn't win?

Good point. Mavs better "hope" that Duncan doesn't play. We have no chance if he does. :rolleyes

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM

I just had to stop and applaud this for a moment. It's not often you see someone so brilliantly discount every single game in a series that their team lost. Which, by the way, is completely different than what the person you responded to did when he pointed out that the Mavs only loss to the Spurs this year was in the first game of the season.

"Hey, I don't like the fact that my team lost a season series 3-1 to a superior team, so I think I'll come up with some reasons why those 3 losses don't count. That way, we're 1-0!"

If your point is that the Spurs are undefeated this year in games that they didn't lose, then I have to say, that's really quite profound.

Bravo.

Findog
04-16-2007, 11:54 AM
If your point is that the Spurs are undefeated this year in games that they didn't lose, then I have to say, that's really quite profound.

Bravo.

When the Spurs win, they're the better team. When they lose, it's not their fault.

Matter settled.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM

He plays a nice little game called "shit talking via third party proxy".

No, wait, that's you. What part of Miami are you from?

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM

you act like we had no possible way of beating you last year. The games were so close, that it took a Manu foul up for you to advance. Believe me the mavs have the Spurs attention now, and I don't think Dirk is better than Tim at all. Tim will step up in the playoffs, and Dirk will choke like history has shown.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
i've acted as if mavs fans have some control over joey crawford? you read this entire thread and that's your impression? our school system is in desperate need of repair if that's the kind of comprehension you're exhibiting.

If only I were as clever...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/jadarga/hump%20day/th_10571d2a.gif

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
^^^that is so disturbing

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM

:lmao @ the screen name

lurker
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Didn't you see the game thread where Spurs fans were saying the game would only mean anything if the Spurs won? :lol

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I am so ready for the playoffs. It sucks that the Spurs lost yesterday, but I was pleased with the performance. Mav fans can talk all they want about the things they liked about the game. If they were pleased with much of the strategy, I am not impressed with their performance at all. The Spurs should have been blown out while Duncan was out. Instead, the game is tied with less than a minute remaining. I will take that anyday....I see the game from two different perspectives:

1) The Spurs played great without the best PF in the league evident by the score.

2) The Mavs won, but let a team without their best player hang with them.

The Spurs can beat anyone in the league...no doubts here. Go Spurs Go! :elephant

Findog
04-16-2007, 12:23 PM
1) The Spurs played great without the best PF in the league evident by the score.

The Spurs can beat anyone in the league...no doubts here. Go Spurs Go! :elephant

The Spurs lost at home to both Charlotte and Boston. Therefore, were they to meet either of those two teams in the playoffs, the Bobcats and Celtics would sweep the Spurs easily in four games. And when Duncan was ejected, it was not close or competitive at all, as the Mavs were bent over and biting pillows, down by 30 points at the time. And it's not like we had won 3 out of the last 4 against you guys with Duncan playing 40+ minutes in those games.

See, we can play this game too.

Also, you call being held without a FG for seven minutes "playing great"? I hope Duncan doesn't get into foul trouble in any game in a series against us, because you guys are fucked.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
The Spurs lost at home to both Charlotte and Boston. Therefore, were they to meet either of those two teams in the playoffs, the Bobcats and Celtics would sweep the Spurs easily in four games. And when Duncan was ejected, it was not close or competitive at all, as the Mavs were bent over and biting pillows, down by 30 points at the time and all. And it's not like we had won 3 out of the last 4 against you guys with Duncan playing 40+ minutes in those games.

I dont understand anything about this post :dizzy

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I dont understand anything about this post :dizzy

Same here lmao! I had to read it like 5 times and still don't understand it. Oh well, let the playoffs begin... :hungry:

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
The Spurs lost at home to both Charlotte and Boston. Therefore, were they to meet either of those two teams in the playoffs, the Bobcats and Celtics would sweep the Spurs easily in four games. And when Duncan was ejected, it was not close or competitive at all, as the Mavs were bent over and biting pillows, down by 30 points at the time. And it's not like we had won 3 out of the last 4 against you guys with Duncan playing 40+ minutes in those games.

Also, you call being held without a FG for seven minutes "playing great"? I hope Duncan doesn't get into foul trouble in any game in a series against us, because you guys are fucked.

Tim doesn't have planters fasciitis this season, so you guys are fucked.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Yes I suppose he's going to average even more than the 33 or so PPG he averaged in the WCSF last year?

Please. He was 100% by the playoffs last year. In fact that was the most dominant he'd been in some time.

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
As long as he doesn't laugh, Spurs in 5.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 12:40 PM
I am so ready for the playoffs. It sucks that the Spurs lost yesterday, but I was pleased with the performance. Mav fans can talk all they want about the things they liked about the game. If they were pleased with much of the strategy, I am not impressed with their performance at all. The Spurs should have been blown out while Duncan was out. Instead, the game is tied with less than a minute remaining. I will take that anyday....I see the game from two different perspectives:

Whats funny is this exact same thing has been said at least a dozen times already. There is no way of knowing how the game would have turned out if Duncan was in the whole game and we never will. This is pure speculation, but if saying it like it's some kind of fact makes you feel better than go right ahead and say it some more. Both sides played a good "practice" game and it was a pretty close game the entire time Timmy was still in. After that, as I said, is speculation.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Whats funny is this exact same thing has been said at least a dozen times already. There is no way of knowing how the game would have turned out if Duncan was in the whole game and we never will. This is pure speculation, but if saying it like it's some kind of fact makes you feel better than go right ahead and say it some more. Both sides played a good "practice" game and it was a pretty close game the entire time Timmy was still in. After that, as I said, is speculation.
Dirk-37 miutes
Howard-37 minutes
Harris-31 minutes
Terry-32 minutes
Practice game my ass. Maybe they didnt pull out all the stops, but both teams wanted to win. And no, there isnt any way of knowing, but I was damn proud of my boys hanging in after they were dealt a deathblow

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Speculation...yes. Common sense...yes. Everyone knows Duncan is a difference maker...that is all.

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Dirk-37 miutes
Howard-37 minutes
Harris-31 minutes
Terry-32 minutes
Practice game my ass. Maybe they didnt pull out all the stops, but both teams wanted to win. And no, there isnt any way of knowing, but I was damn proud of my boys hanging in after they were dealt a deathblow

Wow thats alot of mins. I watched the game, but they did not seem to play that long. I couldn't agree more with your comment...

RiverwalkParade
04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Duncan being ejected only allowed the Mavs to take the lead with about 1:30 left in the game. Hardly an effort to be proud of. The Mavericks have fallen apart recently and it's not because they are giving their guys a blow. It looks like they lack focus out there. Maybe in June Mavs fans can make a trip to the Riverwalk to see a championship parade.

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Duncan being ejected only allowed the Mavs to take the lead with about 1:30 left in the game. Hardly an effort to be proud of. The Mavericks have fallen apart recently and it's not because they are giving their guys a blow. It looks like they lack focus out there. Maybe in June Mavs fans can make a trip to the Riverwalk to see a championship parade.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Speculation...yes. Common sense...yes. Everyone knows Duncan is a difference maker...that is all.

Everyone knew that the Heat wouldn't make the playoffs when Wade got injured.

Just because something is "common sense" doesn't mean that you can predict the future (or hypothetical "what ifs") with it.

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Everyone knew that the Heat wouldn't make the playoffs when Wade got injured.

Just because something is "common sense" doesn't mean that you can predict the future (or hypothetical "what ifs") with it.

I guess its based on personal opinion then...

Jdspur20
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM

but mavs fans are aloud to. ok.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Dirk-37 miutes
Howard-37 minutes
Harris-31 minutes
Terry-32 minutes

Crying about how long the Mavs starters played is getting old too. Yeah, both teams played hard, but even as your boy Tony Parker said "Itsa gud prac-teece, Itsa gud prac-ttece".

Findog
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM

So those two games in the River City earlier this year, what was that? And guess what, I play pickup basketball all the time, and I have plantar fasciitis. It hurts like hell, but you can play on it. Now, granted, I'm not playing 40+ minutes a night 80 times a year at NBA speed, but I don't get round the clock medical treatment either. He can't do any better than the 32 and 13 he threw down last year. Wasn't good enough.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I guess its based on personal opinion then...

Of course. And you're certainly entitled to yours. And I'm not even saying you're wrong--by no means do I claim that the Spurs definitively WOULDNT HAVE WON with Duncan.

All I'm saying is that we don't know, and the automatic assumption that the Spurs would have won with him is as arrogant as it is presumptuous.

Jdspur20
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
At least they aren't doing anything crazy like coming up with conspiracy theories....oh wait nm....

no, just leave that to cuban :spin

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Crying about how long the Mavs starters played is getting old too. Yeah, both teams played hard, but even as your boy Tony Parker said "Itsa gud prac-teece, Itsa gud prac-ttece".
Who is crying? I am just pointing out that both teams wanted to win. Anyone that watched the game could have seen that. Poor mav fans, even faced with cold hard facts they find excuses. You really think that if Avery didnt want to win he would have sent Dirk back in off the bench to play the last 9 minutes?

Gino20
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Of course. And you're certainly entitled to yours. And I'm not even saying you're wrong--by no means do I claim that the Spurs definitively WOULDNT HAVE WON with Duncan.

All I'm saying is that we don't know, and the automatic assumption that the Spurs would have won with him is as arrogant as it is presumptuous.

I obviously differ from your opinion. However, I do see your point. It is good that we can have a civilized talk without all the smack talk though...

Jdspur20
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM

this post proves only that you know nothing about basketball.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Must have missed the post where I said that "I'm so proud of the Mavs for whipping the Spurs yesterday".

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 01:06 PM

This proves you know nothing about sarcasm. Look it up. Good word.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Poor mav fans, even faced with cold hard facts they find excuses.

1. Please point out the facts for me. Keep in mind that: fact-a concept whose truth can be proved.

2. Who are the one's making excuses?

Dirk loves to play, for all you know he could have been begging Avery to go back in and Avery may have just said "aww, what the hell, go ahead big boy, go get you some".

mardigan
04-16-2007, 01:21 PM
1. Please point out the facts for me. Keep in mind that: fact-a concept whose truth can be proved.

2. Who are the one's making excuses?

Dirk loves to play, for all you know he could have been begging Avery to go back in and Avery may have just said "aww, what the hell, go ahead big boy, go get you some".
Numbers of minutes played are facts. Dirk coming back into a game that they supposedly didnt care about is a fact. You keep saying that the Mavs didnt care about winning is a fact. So faced with all these facts, I have concluded that the Mavs probably did want to win this game pretty bad, or else the scrubs would have played the rest of the way. Did Dirk really ask Avery that? Is that a fact? You seem to be the one that likes to confuse fact with opinion. I guess Avery listens to his MVP players when they beg him to put them back in a meaningless game in the 4the quarter

Findog
04-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Facetious -- Dictionary....Look it up.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Facetious -- Dictionary....Look it up.
Dont you love when someone quotes you and says this shows you know nothing about basketball even though Im not going to add anything as to why I think that

Oh, Gee!!
04-16-2007, 01:24 PM

The Spurs had an excuse to be fired up...they were still fighting for the #2 seed. Mavs meanwhile, already have HCA locked up, they know they're on a roll, and their players still ended up playing over 35 minutes in this game? Very dumb of Avery and the staff...especially since they could have gotten injured. And after Duncan goes out, you still want some kind of "moral victory" and bring back Dirk and Co to seal the deal? Why?

you're supposed to win every game you play.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Numbers of minutes played are facts. Dirk coming back into a game that they supposedly didnt care about is a fact. You keep saying that the Mavs didnt care about winning is a fact. So faced with all these facts, I have concluded that the Mavs probably did want to win this game pretty bad, or else the scrubs would have played the rest of the way. Did Dirk really ask Avery that? Is that a fact? You seem to be the one that likes to confuse fact with opinion. I guess Avery listens to his MVP players when they beg him to put them back in a meaningless game in the 4the quarter

I'll give you this much. You're good at spinning things around and obviously "putting words in my mouth". I never said that they didn't care about winning that game. They HATE the Spurs and wanted kick their ass with or without Duncan. Putting Dirk in there was like hammering the nails in the coffin.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll give you this much. Your good at spinning things around and obviously "putting words in my mouth". I never said that they didn't care about winning that game. They HATE the Spurs and wanted kick their ass with or without Duncan. Putting Dirk in there was like hammering the nails in the coffin.
Ok well then agreed

RiverwalkParade
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Must have missed the post where I said that "I'm so proud of the Mavs for whipping the Spurs yesterday".

I know you can't wait for the Cowboys season to start up, you bandwagon fan. I live in Dallas, and let's be honest, the Mavericks are merely a distraction to keep you from thinking about the Cowboys during the NFL offseason. I'm sure you were unaware of their 0-4 start until you read about it two months later after Romo fumbled the snap in the playoffs. Nothing pisses me off more than a fan base that is as whiny and pompous as the owner of the team. Remember, Cuban is a fan first and the owner second, and his actions are a direct reflection of other Maverick fans. So, go write a blog about the game yesterday and go suck some Dirk.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I know you can't wait for the Cowboys season to start up, you bandwagon fan. I live in Dallas, and let's be honest, the Mavericks are merely a distraction to keep you from thinking about the Cowboys during the NFL offseason. I'm sure you were unaware of their 0-4 start until you read about it two months later after Romo fumbled the snap in the playoffs. Nothing pisses me off more than a fan base that is as whiny and pompous as the owner of the team. Remember, Cuban is a fan first and the owner second, and his actions are a direct reflection of other Maverick fans. So, go write a blog about the game yesterday and go suck some Dirk.

No offense but you're a fucking idiot :lol

Duncan is a whiner... Bowen is a whiner.. just an extension of their fanbase LOL.

See how stupid that looks?

RiverwalkParade
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
No offense but you're a fucking idiot :lol

Duncan is a whiner... Bowen is a whiner.. just an extension of their fanbase LOL.

See how stupid that looks?

No offense to you, but you're owner lost you the championship last year. How stupid does that look? For your sake I hope he buys the Cubs so he can shift his focus to another team and get them real close to a championship and then find a way to fuck it up for them too.
Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a fanbase talk shit during the season, the year after they blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals to a team that is mediocre at best.

Ya Vez
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
yes the mav-pricks losing in 4 straight in the finals has to be the worst choke job of all...

the mav-pricks wouldn't even have been there unless a stupid manu foul in game 7.

But hey they got there and the mav-pricks F'ed up...

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2007, 02:42 PM
yes the mav-pricks losing in 4 straight in the finals has to be the worst choke job of all...

the mav-pricks wouldn't even have been there unless a stupid manu foul in game 7.

But hey they got there and the mav-pricks F'ed up...

While we are playing the what if game, let me point out that if Stackhouse didn't make a bonehead play at the end of game 1 then it could have been a sweep. What if's dont count.

Shank
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Mav-pricks?

Gee, how clever.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Bandwagon fan? Nothing in your post is relevant. I usually don't say mean things about people but you're an idiot. That's as far as I'm going to go in the name calling game. I have been a Maverick fan longer than you can imagine and I rarely miss a game. Do us all a favor and go drink some paint thinner.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
No offense to you, but you're owner lost you the championship last year. How stupid does that look?

It's "your owner lost".

This is pretty much like saying "you are owner lost".

"NOW" who looks stupid?

SBGamesCone
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
It's "your owner lost".

This is pretty much like saying "you are owner lost".

"NOW" who looks stupid?

I think pointing out grammar mistakes in online forums stopped being cool a few years back.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I think pointing out grammar mistakes in online forums stopped being cool a few years back.
Yea I fucking hate that shit. Pretty weak when thats all you got.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM

Ah, yeah.. that's why I am here.. to look cool? Um, no it's not. My point is don't call someone stupid and turn around and spell the shit wrong. Otherwise I wouldn't have pointed it out "to look cool". By the way, who's keeping track of the cool points today?

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Things Mavs Fans liked about the Game

It was bright, shiny, and loud.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
No offense to you, but you're owner lost you the championship last year. How stupid does that look? For your sake I hope he buys the Cubs so he can shift his focus to another team and get them real close to a championship and then find a way to fuck it up for them too.
Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a fanbase talk shit during the season, the year after they blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals to a team that is mediocre at best.

I hate to break it to you junior but no team that makes the NBA Finals is "mediocre at best". And if a team that is "mediocre by best" beat the Dallas Mavericks, who beat the San Antonio Spurs, what does that say about the Spurs? Cuban didn't lose anything for the Mavs, the Mavs players lost the series themselves by playing like crap in crunch time. Kind of like the Spurs yesterday.

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
You don't get a Larry O'Bwien for 2nd place.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
You don't get a Larry O'Bwien for 2nd place.That should be "Lawwy" and "2nd pwace".

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
My bad, Shuggaw.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
My pweasuw.

ponky
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
i like that we won, i like that harris pwned on O, i like that diop pwned on D...oh, and i also like that manu, parker, finley and barry sucked ass and couldn't get a basket in the hole for six and a half minutes in the fourth.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Are you seriously impressed with your teams win over the Spurs yesterday?? :wtf Without their best player and with your best player playing extended minutes your barely beat them by five points.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Pretty weak when a person doesn't know the basic tenets of English but chooses to post pompous ass shit over and over.

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Pretty weak when a person doesn't know the basic tenets of English but chooses to post pompous ass shit over and over.

I get a kick out of the irony of it all. :lol

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Are you seriously impressed with your teams win over the Spurs yesterday?? :wtf Without their best player and with your best player playing extended minutes your barely beat them by five points.

Impressed with the win? No, not really. Weren't the Suns impressed when they beat the Mavs with our 2 stars playing on sprained ankles and our starting center in street clothes. I think so. Did the you hear me whinning about it? No, not really.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Fuck off. How about that?
Protecting the internet spellcheckers, fighting the wrongs of the world step by step, thank you Dub, I will sleep better at night knowing your out there

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM

Lets see... spelling ... puncuation... grammer... yeah looks pretty good here. Next.

DubMcDub
Protecting the internet spellcheckers, fighting the wrongs of the world step by step, thank you Dub, I will sleep better at night knowing your out there

Hmm. I don't recall ever "fighting" anything. Just noted that it's pathetic when someone talks shit while not knowing fundamental aspects of the language.

And it wasn't even me that corrected him in the first place. If anyone was "fighting" for anything, it was you chiming and attempting to defend his practically illiterate ass.

mardigan
:lol By the way, you could have used tenets better

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Hmm. I don't recall ever "fighting" anything. Just noted that it's pathetic when someone talks shit while not knowing fundamental aspects of the language.

And it wasn't even me that corrected him in the first place. If anyone was "fighting" for anything, it was you chiming and attempting to defend his practically illiterate ass.
All I was saying is that when someone says ooh you spelled and wrong as an argument as to why your argument is wrong its pretty weak

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
All I was saying is that when someone says ooh you spelled and wrong as an argument as to why your argument is wrong its pretty weak

Couldn't agree more. But that doesn't change the fact that such posts aren't going to be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Impressed with the win? No, not really. Weren't the Suns impressed when they beat the Mavs with our 2 stars playing on sprained ankles and our starting center in street clothes. I think so. Did the you hear me whinning about it? No, not really.

Hey, no excuses according to Ponky, about injuries. :lol Also, we blew your team out, so not quite the same comparison. :rolleyes

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, no excuses according to Ponky, about injuries. :lol Also, we blew your team out, so not quite the same comparison. :rolleyes

I got one more thing to say to nash homer and I'm done. Mavs would beat the Suns in a 7 game series. They have no consistancy. They win a game against a good team and then they turn around and drop 2 games to some of the worst teams in the league. The Suns have had more surprising losses this year than any other team.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I got one more thing to say to nash homer and I'm done. Mavs would beat the Suns in a 7 game series. They have no consistancy. They win a game against a good team and then they turn around and drop 2 games to some of the worst teams in the league. The Suns have had more surprising losses this year than any other team.

Right, whose the homer now?? :lol

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Both of youse

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Both of youse

Guess I don't know the definition of a homer because I've been know to take other teams sides. And I know that the playoffs is up for grabs for "anyone". I'm sure Nashboy here thinks the Suns are going to coast.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Notice no arguement as far as anything I said. Does that mean you know I'm right?

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Guess I don't know the definition of a homer because I've been know to take other teams sides. And I know that the playoffs is up for grabs for "anyone". I'm sure Nashboy here thinks the Suns are going to coast.

Regarding the last line, no I don't the Suns will coast at all. I think we will have a very hard time this year making it to the WCF.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Notice no arguement as far as anything I said. Does that mean you know I'm right?

Thought you weren't going to respond anymore :blah

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Thought you weren't going to respond anymore :blah

Couldn't resist.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM

If you want an answer to what you wrote this is it. I think you might just be a little bit over confident about your teams chances if both teams make it that far. I think a fifteen game and seventeen game win streak shows consistency, considering our record is the second best in the league. Also, I don't think we have had more surprising losses this year than any other team. If so, please tell me which ones you consider surprising.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Couldn't resist.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Both of youse

I think you might want to look in the mirror before you say something like that. :spin

E20
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
This thread is pretty stupid. I'd probably give this an 11 on a scale of 1-10 for stupidity.

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Both of youse

Also, you might want to look at post 149 in this thread. I cannot believe I actually defended the Spurs, what was I thinking?? :)