PDA

View Full Version : Judson v O'Connor

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Real shoot out goin on!!! Judson-35 O'Connor-31 late in the 3rd on 760AM :smokin

Drachen
11-20-2004, 08:18 PM
How did it end up??

rr2418
11-20-2004, 08:40 PM
The Judson and O'Conner game was a great high scoring game.

Judson - 49 O'Conner - 37

Judson ground attack was again too tough for the Panthers to handle. But I think the Panthers commited some boneheaded plays. First, at the start of the second half, the Panthers opted to short kick the ball high in the air hoping the Rockets would fumble. The Panthers would do this two more times after two scores. One of the short kickoffs was fumbled, but the Rockets recovered their own fumble. Each of these high short kicks put the Rockets in good field position-- at about the 40 to 50 yd line. Why not kick the ball deep? Why give them good field position especially when you can't stop their running game. The other bad play by the Panthers came deep in Judson's territory. The Panthers QB dropped back to pass and was pressured by the Rockets. He threw wildly in the endzone and was picked off. Of course this my opinion, but the QB should've taken the sack, or the WR should taken an offensive pass interference penalty by interfering with the DB. Of course I'm not being chased by a Dman!lol The Panthers would've lost yards on the penalty, but they would've kept the ball. The Panthers did move the ball very well through the air and on the ground. I think they really were the better team, but like I said, some boneheaded plays/calls/mistakes led to their loss.

GOOD GAME THOUGH !!!

Goddess Spur
11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Man, I was there and that game had me on edge up until the 4th quarter. I wasn't expecting O'Connor to rack up that many points on Judson, but I gotta give it to em, they have a great passing game. A total turnaround from last week - there were 1,000+ yards of total offense.