PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports.com: "Message Received: Mavs Beat Spurs as Playoffs Near"

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
"Message Received: Mavs Beat Spurs as Playoffs Near"

That has got to be the most rediculous Title line of the year. The article goes on to talk almost solely about "the technical"... but "message received"??? Are you kidding me?

What's the message? That Dallas can easily beat a Duncan-less Spurs team? I think that's a "message" everyone in the universe already understands.

txmed
04-16-2007, 09:48 AM
That is the same old AP wire piece every sports outlet has.

But I agree that is a kind've ridiculous title to put on it.

CubanMustGo
04-16-2007, 09:55 AM
FOXsports.com? Maybe JC is running for office as a republican ;-)

"Message Received: Joey Crawford is an out-of-control dick" would have been more appropriate.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM

"Message Received: Joey Crawford is an out-of-control dick" would have been more appropriate.

:lol

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-16-2007, 10:03 AM

Actually, since all JC does is bitch and pick fights, I would have pegged him as a Democrat, but who knows...

Sorry man, just had to fire back on the political jab. =)

dbreiden83080
04-16-2007, 12:18 PM

That has got to be the most rediculous Title line of the year. The article goes on to talk almost solely about "the technical"... but "message received"??? Are you kidding me?

What's the message? That Dallas can easily beat a Duncan-less Spurs team? I think that's a "message" everyone in the universe already understands.

Easy my ass did they watch the game? They were losing most of the 4th qtr with Duncan having not played a minute.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Ya, they didnt win easily, it took them all they could handle to pull that game out even without Duncan and the Spurs not scoring in the last, what like 6 minutes or so

da_suns_fan__
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Amazing that Spurs fans claim to not care their team is perceived as "Boring" but will nitpick over the title over a stupid article.

Are you really that worried that anyone following the NBA doesn't know that Duncan was ejected?

aaronstampler
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe Fox supports Cuban because he voted for Bush twice. (He did).

dbreiden83080
I wonder how confident the Mavs are heading into the playoffs. They have been beat by the Suns twice in a row, badly the last time they played. The Warriors having been given them trouble and they barely beat a 4th qtr Duncanless Spurs team at home yesterday. They do not look nearly as unbeatable as they did just a few months ago.

mardigan
Amazing that Spurs fans claim to not care their team is perceived as "Boring" but will nitpick over the title over a stupid article.

Are you really that worried that anyone following the NBA doesn't know that Duncan was ejected?
What does this post have to do with anything

dbreiden83080
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Spurs are perceived as winners more than boring. Most people who throw that out there are jealous that they can't measure up to the Spurs, i am sure i don't have to tell you that though, being a Suns fan.

sa_butta
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Ya, they didnt win easily, it took them all they could handle to pull that game out even without Duncan and the Spurs not scoring in the last, what like 6 minutes or soGood thing Dallas didnt play to thier full potential, had this been a meaningful game we might have gotten blown out.:spin

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I wonder how confident the Mavs are heading into the playoffs. They have been beat by the Suns twice in a row, badly the last time they played. The Warriors having been given them trouble and they barely beat a 4th qtr Duncanless Spurs team at home yesterday. They do not look nearly as unbeatable as they did just a few months ago.

Mavs fans are trembling on account of their 66-14 record.

da_suns_fan__
04-16-2007, 12:34 PM
What does this post have to do with anything

Because most of these "threads" are just plain laughable.

Here's what ESPN says about the ejection!!!

Here's what Stein said about the ejection!!

Cold Pizza!

Foxsports.com!!!!

*GASP* My Grandma doesn't know that Spurs lost without Duncan! Quick, send a team over to her house to play the tape for her, and explain to her (in Spanish if you can) how Duncan and the Spurs were cheated.

This kind of controversy rivals the Bonds/Aaron "thing" over in baseball. We got put an asterick next to yesterdays win for the Mavs.

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
About the only message received was that laughing won't be tolerated in today's NBA.

:jack

dbreiden83080
04-16-2007, 01:06 PM

You guys are great but you have not played well against the elite teams in the league late in the year at all.

sammy
04-16-2007, 01:59 PM

You can keep your regular seasons wins, we will take the Championship over that shit any day dumbass!

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
66-14? I feel a banner raisin' going on.

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Because most of these "threads" are just plain laughable.

Here's what ESPN says about the ejection!!!

Here's what Stein said about the ejection!!

Cold Pizza!

Foxsports.com!!!!

*GASP* My Grandma doesn't know that Spurs lost without Duncan! Quick, send a team over to her house to play the tape for her, and explain to her (in Spanish if you can) how Duncan and the Spurs were cheated.

This kind of controversy rivals the Bonds/Aaron "thing" over in baseball. We got put an asterick next to yesterdays win for the Mavs.

newsflash, this is a SPURS forum. what else should we discuss instead? your mom's hemorroids?

mardigan
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
There is about to be a piece on Outside the Lines on Duncan. The show just started

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
newsflash, this is a SPURS forum. what else should we discuss instead? your mom's hemorroids?

:lol