PDA

View Full Version : for you stupid mav fans defending crawford

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:25 AM
this is taken from aol.com not from a Spur site. this is comments from real NBA fans on the crawford ejection of timmy.

you have reached new levels of stupidity if you actually defend this guy

read and learn.

1. Terrible day when one sees such horrible officiating especially with regard to something so insignificant as laughing at the bench. Very upsetting to all of us who enjoy seeing the game for what it is--competition between players interested in playing basketball. Officials should know what their boundaries are--after all they are getting paid for their jobs just as much as the players are. Remain professional and objective.

Posted at 11:16PM on Apr 15th 2007 by JAM

2. Crawford's reaction (or overreaction) was inappropriate to the situation. If he thought Duncan was mocking him- but how could he hear anything?- he should've at least given him a warning. Poor judgement on Crawford's part. In any case, Duncan should've expected as much from the little Nazi and be more restrained- like he normally is!

Posted at 11:35PM on Apr 15th 2007 by michel

3. Who is this Brett Edwards hack? He wrote, "I do know that San Antonio has the reputation, as a team, of being the biggest complainers in the NBA when it comes to the officiating." Prove this editorial by attributing it to documented quotes to this effect.

Your comment can be said about more than half of the teams in the league. I can’t remember game when Mavs player Dirk Nowitzki doesn’t complain to officials when he is called for a RARE foul. Of course in this Sunday’s game he himself had little to complain about, yet a few of his teammates were also frustrated with officials with obvious displays of disapproval directed at officials, but for some reason were given a pass while Duncan wasn’t so lucky.

Bad journalism on your part sir.

Posted at 12:21AM on Apr 16th 2007 by j

4. I have never saw Duncan act the way he did today. I always though he was a model for any kid. I saw the whole game, and still think well of Duncan. The players need to play the game and let the officials call it. I think the reason for being throw out was because Duncan was laughing at Crawford. I have never seen Duncan sitting on the beach and smiling and laughing that much before. Harvey

Posted at 12:25AM on Apr 16th 2007 by Harvey

5. As usual the Spurs and Tim Duncan get no respect.Dick Bevetta watch the replay Tim had his hand under his chin watching the action saying nothing,then when another bogus call against the Spurs(Howard jumping into Omberto)Tim began laughing then your stupid overreacting.You should be removed from the NBA regardless of your 31 years your age have affecting your judgement the last couple of years in the call you have being making.And now your old ass is challenging NBA players to a fight.And a gentleman to boot like Tim Duncan.....Please get rid of him NBA.

Posted at 12:49AM on Apr 16th 2007 by Richard

6. Today's Spurs v.s. Mavs game was ruined by the terrible injustice done to Tim Duncan by the NAZI ...JOE CRAWFORD!! How can you be an official calling the game, and challenge one of the games' finest ambassadors to a fight? Bad enough he gave Duncan 2 technical fouls, but now MR. BIGSHOT ,David Stern will fine him for telling the press. The SPURS basically cannot catch the SUNS for the #2 seed in the west now. Joey Crawford has a grude against DUNCAN and the SPURS! He should be fired, or at the very least not be allowed to officiate SPURS games!

Posted at 12:50AM on Apr 16th 2007 by #1SPORTS FAN

7. I am not a Duncan or San Antonio fan, but Duncan typically complains in a subdued fashion. What other job allows one do a lousy job and those impacted are forbidden to critique the poor performance at the time of the incompetence or afterwards? Two or three bad calls can alter the outcome. What frustrates viewing for me is the predictable uneveness of the incompetence. I doubt if Crawford calls a technical on a star player of a HOME team unless it is clearly indicated...and never a second technical regardless of the nature or severity of the behavior. Maybe they should calls reviewed after the game by the commissioner and get a bonus for calling a good game (hurting each team a comparable amount)or in the case of games called like Crawford, a penalty.

Posted at 12:50AM on Apr 16th 2007 by Dale Shaw

8. It is never a good thing when referees names are known by the fans. I was watching and i find it hard to believe that what Duncan did deserved to get the 2nd T. Refs should not be in the limelight because if they are then there is something going seriously wrong. Refs need to be held to the same standards as players, if not higher. I also find it hard to believe an NBA ref would say something like this to a player, especially during a HUGE nationally televised game like this.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Cliff notes?

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
But, but, but, he laughed at me.

Sincerely,

Dick Shortfuse

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c0/Joecrawford.jpg/180px-Joecrawford.jpg

Shank
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
So quotes from another messageboard/blog are some sort of defense?

And I think it's been proven that most think that Crawford is a dick, but that's not to say that Duncan is 100% innocent in all this.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM
What Mavs fans exactly are defending Crawford? You guys keep saying all these Mavs fans are defending him.. I haven't seen one on this site. I have said Duncan didn't deserve to be tossed but he definitely wasn't as innocent in the whole thing as you Spurs fans make it out to be.

Now that stuff has come out about Crawford challenging Duncan to a fight and all of that nonsense, how could anyone defend him?

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM
So quotes from another messageboard/blog are some sort of defense?

And I think it's been proven that most think that Crawford is a dick, but that's not to say that Duncan is 100% innocent in all this.

it's not a defense. it's proof that neutral fans with a brain would never defend crawford. that's all.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I have said Duncan didn't deserve to be tossed but he definitely wasn't as innocent in the whole thing as you Spurs fans make it out to be.

Now that stuff has come out about Crawford challenging Duncan to a fight and all of that nonsense, how could anyone defend him?

That's what almost every single Mavs fan is saying. I don't know the point of this thread.

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
What Mavs fans exactly are defending Crawford?

LEONARD, monowhateverthefuck and many more.

IX_Equilibrium
04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Cliff notes?

No worries, dude. I know you're already in agreement with the fact that Crawford's fucked up.

I think it's a safe assumption that Crawford did NOT want to throw down with Tim...he meant an argument...

Ok, I think it's a safe assumption the Duncan was laughing at a joke that Robert Horry told him. I'm glad we both agree that Crawford was totally out of line here.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 11:32 AM
LEONARD, monowhateverthefuck and many more.

:lol i haven't defended crawford one bit. not a good reader, huh? go back and look. NEVER have i defended crawford and i even said that it's pretty stupid for anybody to try and defend him.

i only mocked Spurs fans for being so pissy about a BS ejection in a meaningless game. especially cuz if this was Dirk getting ejected and Mavs fans were bitching there'd be tons of "Quit whining, Mavfan, Dirk deserved it!" posts.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1575797&postcount=83

yeah look at all those stupid ass mavs fans defending crawford...

Cry Havoc
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure mono is in support of Duncan on this.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I've never said that Crawford was in the right...but I understand why he did it...

I just think it was HILARIOUS...as was the reaction here... :)

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
i only mocked Spurs fans for being so pissy about a BS ejection in a meaningless game. especially cuz if this was Dirk getting ejected and Mavs fans were bitching there'd be tons of "Quit whining, Mavfan, Dirk deserved it!" posts.

just as bad. It's logical spurs fans would bitch about one of the worst calls in history in a SPURS forum, especially since it happened yesterday.

use your brain

Findog
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
this is taken from aol.com not from a Spur site. this is comments from real NBA fans on the crawford ejection of timmy.

read and learn.

What do you care what idiots think? There's a shallow pool for each team's fanbase.

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I've never said that Crawford was in the right...but I understand why he did it...

I just think it was HILARIOUS...as was the reaction here... :)

here = SPURS forum genius

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
just as bad. It's logical spurs fans would bitch about one of the worst calls in history in a SPURS forum, especially since it happened yesterday.

use your brain

Spurs fans don't complain about officiating... :fro

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Why even bother trying to change the way Mavs fans think? They think they are too good for the Spurs anyways.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
just as bad.

maybe, so, but it wasn't what you accused me of doing.

if you want to start a thread about the way i talk shit, then go ahead. i definitely am guilty of it. but this was about the way i supposedly defended crawford when no such thing happened.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Why even bother trying to change the way Mavs fans think? They think they are too good for the Spurs anyways.

lol this is just hilarious. first we're the Whiners and the Chokers and "little brother" who can never come close to the greatness of the Spurs....and MAGICALLY we're all way better than the Spurs and too good for them.

Let me use the typical SpurFan argument here: You guys have three rings, we have none. How could we POSSIBLY think we're too good for the Spurs?

Findog
04-16-2007, 12:03 PM
For their sake their team had better win the title. Look at all the hyperventilating over one regular season game. I understand the need to blow off steam after a tough loss, but the bitterness is funny. God help the Spurs fanbase if they don't roll through the playoffs on a 16-0 tear.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ky6Rqf6iYJI

Here is a video of the entire thing from a great angle. Spurs fans can stop using the "he wasn't even looking at Crawford" or the "he was just joking with teammates" excuses... the video clearly shows no one around Duncan joking with him and as soon as Crawford blows the whistle, Duncan stares right at him and starts laughing at him.

Again, not saying Duncan deserved to get tossed but give me a break, people have been T'd up for less than that and with 1 tech already on him, Duncan should have known better. Referees have the responsibility of keeping order on the basketball court and you can't have a guy acting like that and influencing his teammates. No different than the tech Dirk got in Phoenix for comments to a teammate on the bench about the refs, or when he used to get T'd up for untucking his shirt after he didn't get a call (which thank God he has stopped doing... annoyed the hell out of me).

So again... bad move to toss him? Yes. Duncan innocent? No, not even close.

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
lol this is just hilarious. first we're the Whiners and the Chokers and "little brother" who can never come close to the greatness of the Spurs....and MAGICALLY we're all way better than the Spurs and too good for them.

Let me use the typical SpurFan argument here: You guys have three rings, we have none. How could we POSSIBLY think we're too good for the Spurs?

I don't get it, Whats your point? Mavs are still the whiners and chokers, They haven't done anything to prove otherwise. Until the mavs actually win something then I will have some respect for them.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
It appears that he looked at Crawford when the whistle blew and busted out laughing....

Findog
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't get it, Whats your point? Mavs are still the whiners and chokers, They haven't done anything to prove otherwise. Until the mavs actually win something then I will have some respect for them.

You should respect a team that has beaten you. I guarantee you the Spurs coaches and players respect the Mavs. I don't know your posting history but you're coming across like a whiny, crybaby, bandwagon homer.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM

you're the one who said that the Mavs fans think they're too good for the Spurs and that couldn't be further from the truth.

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
You should respect a team that has beaten you.

But I don't.

Assman
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
For their sake their team had better win the title. Look at all the hyperventilating over one regular season game. I understand the need to blow off steam after a tough loss, but the bitterness is funny. God help the Spurs fanbase if they don't roll through the playoffs on a 16-0 tear.

Wouldn't it be the Mav Fans jumping off buildings if they didn't win it all this year? I'm pretty sure the pressure is on the Mavs, not Spurs this post-season.

Given the loyal, non-bandwagon Mav fanbase (giggle), I hope the Mavs live up their expectations this year.

Ginofan

Here is a video of the entire thing from a great angle. Spurs fans can stop using the "he wasn't even looking at Crawford" or the "he was just joking with teammates" excuses... the video clearly shows no one around Duncan joking with him and as soon as Crawford blows the whistle, Duncan stares right at him and starts laughing at him.

Again, not saying Duncan deserved to get tossed but give me a break, people have been T'd up for less than that and with 1 tech already on him, Duncan should have known better. Referees have the responsibility of keeping order on the basketball court and you can't have a guy acting like that and influencing his teammates. No different than the tech Dirk got in Phoenix for comments to a teammate on the bench about the refs, or when he used to get T'd up for untucking his shirt after he didn't get a call (which thank God he has stopped doing... annoyed the hell out of me).

So again... bad move to toss him? Yes. Duncan innocent? No, not even close.
You can see Robert Horry right there laughing with Tim??? I'm not saying that Tim wasn't laughing at Joey's call...but I'm saying how can Joey make that assumption from the other side of the court?

And keeping order on the court? OH NO HE'S LAUGHING THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET ROWDY I BETTER KEEP ORDER HERE!!!! come on man.
:rolleyes

Findog
But I don't.

Then that makes you an idiot. I guarantee you Pop, his staff and the players watch plenty of game film and respect the Mavs. Fortunately for the Spurs you are in no way employed in any capacity or tasked with helping to prepare the team for a potential series against Dallas.

I should know better than to talk to the kids in the shallow end of the pool:

"DIRK SUCKS. DUCAN ISZ THU SHIZZNITT! SPURS RULEZ! FUCK DIRK NOBALLSKI AND THE CHOKERICKS! WE HAVE 3 TITLES U GBUYS HAV NUNE!"

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
You can see Robert Horry right there laughing with Tim??? I'm not saying that Tim wasn't laughing at Joey's call...but I'm saying how can Joey make that assumption from the other side of the court?

And keeping order on the court? OH NO HE'S LAUGHING THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET ROWDY I BETTER KEEP ORDER HERE!!!! come on man.
:rolleyes

Horry didn't Laugh until AFTER Duncan looked at Crawford after the whistle and busted out...

1:37 of this video...

lurker
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Who remembers when Crawford tossed Nellie for staring at him? :lol

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Horry didn't Laugh until AFTER Duncan looked at Crawford after the whistle and busted out...

Robert Horry is already laughing before the whistle is blown (:24 seconds into the video you posted).

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM

Leonard, I dont get it. You are a pretty sensible fan, I really dont get how you can be trying to defend the ejection

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Then that makes you an idiot. I guarantee you Pop, his staff and the players watch plenty of game film and respect the Mavs. Fortunately for the Spurs you are in no way employed in any capacity or tasked with helping to prepare the team for a potential series against Dallas.

I should know better than to talk to the kids in the shallow end of the pool:

"DIRK SUCKS. DUCAN ISZ THU SHIZZNITT! SPURS RULEZ! FUCK DIRK NOBALLSKI AND THE CHOKERICKS! WE HAVE 3 TITLES U GBUYS HAV NUNE!"

Yeah i don't work for them. I am a fan. Thats why I don't have to respect them until they actually win something worth bragging about. To be honest, I guess I do respect the Mavs because they do have homecourt and the best record, but I still think the Spurs will beat them this year. It's our time again.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Robert Horry is already laughing before the whistle is blown (:24 seconds into the video you posted).

That's AFTER Duncan initially looked at Crawford and busted out...

Leonard, I dont get it. You are a pretty sensible fan, I really dont get how you can be trying to defend the ejection

I'm just trying to make sense of what happened and why Crawford snapped. I'm not trying to justify what he did.

He blew the whistle...Duncan looked away from the play right at Crawford as he was making the call on who the fould was on...Duncan busted out laughing...

mardigan
04-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I have just never seen an official react that quickly and angrily. So it was either that Tim said something earlier that royaly pissed him off, or he did have something against Tim because his reaction didnt warrant that

LilMissSPURfect

I'm just trying to make sense of what happened and why Crawford snapped. I'm not trying to justify what he did.

He blew the whistle...Duncan looked away from the play right at Crawford as he was making the call on who the fould was on...Duncan busted out laughing...

i think u get it u just don't understand

Ginofan

But you said it was AFTER the whistle and it wasn't it was BEFORE. And like I said I don't doubt Tim was laughing at Joey but HOW IN THE HELL can he make that assumption if he's on the other side of the court? If Rob's laughing with him why wasn't he warned or T'd??? Because Tim was laughing harder or something? :wtf

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I have just never seen an official react that quickly and angrily. So it was either that Tim said something earlier that royaly pissed him off, or he did have something against Tim because his reaction didnt warrant that

Crawford has ejected Nellie in the first few min's of a game for just looking at him...

i think u get it u just don't understand

So you agree that Tim looked at Crawford and busted out?

Your point is that he was ejected for laughing, right?

Crawford took that as being showed up...

But you said it was AFTER the whistle and it wasn't it was BEFORE. And like I said I don't doubt Tim was laughing at Joey but HOW IN THE HELL can he make that assumption if he's on the other side of the court? If Rob's laughing with him why wasn't he warned or T'd??? Because Tim was laughing harder or something? :wtf

I'm pretty sure the T was AFTER the foul on Oberto...

Crawford wasn't on the other side of the court...he was up top moving towards the bench side as Howard drove the lane.

Ginofan
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Crawford has ejected Nellie in the first few min's of a game for just looking at him...

So you agree that Tim looked at Crawford and busted out?

Your point is that he was ejected for laughing, right?

Crawford took that as being showed up...

I'm pretty sure the T was AFTER the foul on Oberto...

Crawford wasn't on the other side of the court...he was up top moving towards the bench side as Howard drove the lane.

Right the the T was after the foul, but it seemed like you were saying Robert Horry wasn't laughing until after the T....and I was proving that he was laughing before. If Crawford is walking towards the bench and Ts Tim up moments after the foul, he had to be watching the Spurs bench literally from the moment he blew the whistle for the Oberto foul till the moment he T'd Tim up. Now why would an NBA ref have so much interest in the bench when he should be paying attention to the players on the court and making sure everything is in order ON THE COURT?? Joey's got issues.

I'm tired of hashing it out....I just want to know what the NBA is going to do about it...hopefully that comes out sometime today.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Too many threads going and people are ripping me for "defending Crawford." I'm NOT defending Crawford. I'm trying to figure out what Crawford saw that would cause him to boot Duncan...

Go here:

0:15 - Crawford is at the top right of the key, moving back and towards the bench sideline as Howard drives. Foul at 0:17. He obviously continues to move towards the sideline to tell the scorekeepers who the foul was on (his head flashes by at 0:21), which is to Duncan's right.

Now go to 1:25 or so...replay with the camera on Duncan while the play is happening in the foreground.

1:35 - Howard is fouled. Duncan is obviously watching the play.
1:37 - Duncan looks to his right quickly and busts out laughing almost immediately (not laughing at Bowen's reaction...he looks to his right of Bowen)
1:39 - Horry cracks a smile
1:41 - Duncan still laughing, puts his face in his towel

It's hard to say exactly what caused Duncan to bust out laughing. Howard who was bitching about something, or Crawford who was walking behind Howard at about the same time. A specific incident would have to cause it, and to me it seems likely that when Crawford ID'd who the foul was on, Duncan laughed. Crawford took that as Duncan showing him up...whether he T'd him up while others were laughing or not.

Feel free to pick that breakdown apart...it's just my $02... :fro

Crawford is and always has been a hot-head. Mavs fans hate the guy too...if he's not in the playoffs because of this, it's better for every team's fans... :fro

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
:yield :yield :nutkick:

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
:yield :yield :nutkick:

You obviously didn't spend anytime to review my breakdown ;)

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
There's some short white dude in the video that looks like he was talking some shit to Tim as Tim was leaving. I wish I had been standing next to that little punk because he would've gotten one hell of a bitch slap.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
There's some short white dude in the video that looks like he was talking some shit to Tim as Tim was leaving. I wish I had been standing next to that little punk because he would've gotten one hell of a bitch slap.

Of course you would've...

How do you know he wasn't Sean Sherk?? :lol

Spurminator
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Here's the thing. The ejection was bullshit. I think any level-headed fan would say it was total bullshit. Crawford should be reprimanded and punished for ego-tripping to that point.

Nevertheless, as a few of us who are Spurs fans have been saying, Tim Duncan has developed a reputation as a whiner. I don't think this kind of situation would ever have happened to another player if that player was not known as someone can be seen on camera after every play complaining about the last call.

I think Crawford was sending a message in a (relatively) meaningless game before the national spotlight of the Playoffs.

Now, this would also support Duncan's claim that there was a vendetta. I don't buy Crawford's generic defense. I think he came into this game with the mindset that he's not taking anything from Duncan.

So what needs to happen? Crawford should be punished and Duncan needs to STFU and play basketball. To be honest, I think he's toned down the complaining quite a bit in the last couple months, but this just goes to show how a reputation built over several years can hurt you down the road.

If Duncan becomes even more focused and hungry as a result of this, maybe it will turn out to be a positive thing in the end.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
So what needs to happen? Crawford should be punished and Duncan needs to STFU and play basketball. To be honest, I think he's toned down the complaining quite a bit in the last couple months, but this just goes to show how a reputation built over several years can hurt you down the road.

If Duncan becomes even more focused and hungry as a result of this, maybe it will turn out to be a positive thing in the end.

:clap

CubanMustGo
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM

This deserves a spur for being the logical conclusion to this whole affair.

Islymore
04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Here's the thing. The ejection was bullshit. I think any level-headed fan would say it was total bullshit. Crawford should be reprimanded and punished for ego-tripping to that point.

Nevertheless, as a few of us who are Spurs fans have been saying, Tim Duncan has developed a reputation as a whiner. I don't think this kind of situation would ever have happened to another player if that player was not known as someone can be seen on camera after every play complaining about the last call.

I think Crawford was sending a message in a (relatively) meaningless game before the national spotlight of the Playoffs.

Now, this would also support Duncan's claim that there was a vendetta. I don't buy Crawford's generic defense. I think he came into this game with the mindset that he's not taking anything from Duncan.

the most accurate thots i have read all day. def agree that Crawford needs to be reprimanded and Duncan needs to just STFU. for such a "classy" guy, Duncan was being an a-hole in the game. he was taunting Crawford - and isnt there a "no tauntin" kick this year in the NBA? isnt this the harsher rules time? I dunno...

NO I AM NOT DEFENDING CRAWFORD... just saying Duncan was not just being cool sitting on the bench and kidding around with Horry/Finley/whoever - he was clearly laughing at Crawford's expense. And everyone knows Crawford is a hothead with a short fuse... why put yourself in that position to even get into it with him. I expected more of Duncan - whether he felt Joey had a vendetta against him or not... He's usually a different character.

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
not really. that's just the start.

how should crawford be punished? what if he's not punished at all? will Tim ever be able to laugh on the bench again? will Dirt call his boyfriend Hasselhoff back?

those questions are still unanswered and up to discussion.

IX_Equilibrium
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm NOT defending Crawford.

Yeah, ok. Keep telling yourself that while everyone reads the contrary. Especially whenever you take it upon yourself to tell everyone what Crawford really meant when he asked for a fight.

You've been a huge drama queen today.

v2freak
04-16-2007, 03:29 PM
People are talking about all the wrong points. The focus is why Duncan got ejected. Whatever he said after the ejection is, for the most part, moot. It may have given insight as to why the two got into a tussle in the first place, but remember, it is natural to be upset after an ejection (reminder: being "out of control" would have been to accept Crawford's fight proposal)

As for the reputation of being a whiner: it only matters what he said last night. If someone has a reputation for being disruptive during a game but isn't being disruptive on a particular night, then he doesn't deserve to get tossed on that night. You wait for someone to do wrong before you punish him.

Now some guy will probably bring up some outlandish analogy. "If a criminal has robbed 3 stores in 3 days, should we wait for him to rob a 4th?" The circumstances change when you move from something as mild as whining to something as serious as a felony. It also helps that Duncan claims he only said 3 words to him all night. I'm inclined to believe Duncan more than Crawford.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, ok. Keep telling yourself that while everyone reads the contrary. Especially whenever you take it upon yourself to tell everyone what Crawford really meant when he asked for a fight.

You've been a huge drama queen today.

Where are they reading the contrary? I've pointed out what I think set Crawford off. Everybody here is acting like Tim was just chilling on the bench doing nothing to provoke the hot-headed Crawford. Tim is not 100% innocent in this...

The fight thing is just common sense....there is NO WAY Crawford wanted to go at it physically with Tim...

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
and the idiot of the day award goes to....

LEONARD

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
and the idiot of the day award goes to....

LEONARD

I'm out for the day, but how about you breakdown my breakdown of the events and tell me where I went wrong? Use the youtube link and be specific...

johngateswhiteley
04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
how come nobody is talking about Howard jumping on Oberto and Oberto getting the foul called on him. that was one of the worst calls i have ever seen. it kind of reminded me of kobe and bibby back in the 2002 WCF.

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
how come nobody is talking about Howard jumping on Oberto and Oberto getting the foul called on him. that was one of the worst calls i have ever seen. it kind of reminded me of kobe and bibby back in the 2002 WCF.

It was definitely bad officiating all around. Let's just hope it gets better before the playoffs. I want to see some even, fair games as far as the refs side of it goes. At least this didn't happen in the playoffs, right?

johngateswhiteley
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
It was definitely bad officiating all around. Let's just hope it gets better before the playoffs. I want to see some even, fair games as far as the refs side of it goes. At least this didn't happen in the playoffs, right?

yeah, true.

texas84
04-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't agree with the ejection. Duncan was clearly laughing and mocking the officials from the bench, but warning should have been given prior to any technical or ejection.

HOWEVER... i think we would all like to know what Duncan did to get the first technical. He must have said something to get the first one.

johngateswhiteley
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
HOWEVER... i think we would all like to know what Duncan did to get the first technical. He must have said something to get the first one.

i forget what he said, but its out there somewhere.

v2freak
04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Even then, laughing at the officials FROM THE BENCH warrants no ejection

xfycox
04-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok..we get it fuck Crawford..write to the officials...write to the nba..yeah it was shitty but its getting out of control with all these post about him and duncan..

http://www.probasketballrefs.com/ContactUs/tabid/63/Default.aspx

complain there but watch your language

ArgSpursFan
04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Spurs fans don't complain about officiating... :fro

damn right.The league has enough with Cuban. :fro

IX_Equilibrium
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
The fight thing is just common sense....there is NO WAY Crawford wanted to go at it physically with Tim...

The laugh thing was just common sense.....there is NO WAY Tim wanted to laugh at a foul that Crawford called.

(Glad you can read minds, Leonard. Maybe you can sit by Pop during the playoffs and give AJ hand signals as to what he is thinking, should they meet.)

mFFL03
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM

read and learn.

How do I know these are neutral fans again and not Spurs fan's just posting?

LEONARD
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
The laugh thing was just common sense.....there is NO WAY Tim wanted to laugh at a foul that Crawford called.

(Glad you can read minds, Leonard. Maybe you can sit by Pop during the playoffs and give AJ hand signals as to what he is thinking, should they meet.)

Of course not...why would he laugh? He was already pissed about the 1st tech and him and Crawford had been going at it quietly the whole game...

I don't see why it's a stretch to think that Duncan was laughing at Crawford's foul call on Oberto. Based on where he looked, where Crawford was at the time, and what Crawford was doing at the time...it makes sense IMO.

mabber
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm out for the day, but how about you breakdown my breakdown of the events and tell me where I went wrong? Use the youtube link and be specific...

Cheguevara won't bother doing that as all he likes to do is post negative one-liners.

Hoopy Dunkalot
04-17-2007, 02:37 PM
So the rule of law here is if you disagree and don't suckle the Spurs, then you are an idiot? So much for the Masters Degree I hold - the Spurs fans told me I'm an idiot.

DDS4
04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
So the rule of law here is if you disagree and don't suckle the Spurs, then you are an idiot? So much for the Masters Degree I hold - the Spurs fans told me I'm an idiot.

This Spur fan with a doctorate degree thinks you're an idiot. :drunk

IX_Equilibrium
04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
IMO

The problem is, your opinion has not a shred of objectivity.

You claim to know what Tim was laughing at, and you claim to know what Crawford meant when he asked for a fight.

Being that Tim said nothing when he laughed at Crawford makes everything speculative. Please don't ever pursue any job that involves law.

cheguevara
04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Cheguevara won't bother doing that as all he likes to do is post negative one-liners.

well I was in a bad mood today, but Crawford's firing has put me in a great mood.

And no I'm not gonna go back and argue with LEONARD, he states that he knows what Crawford was THINKING at the time. He can actually read his mind :lmao

how can I respond to that brilliance?

judaspriestess
04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
"I've since had referees tell me they felt the younger officials tend to be intimidated by Cuban and all the referee scrutiny he maintains with former officials on his staff and regular reports to the league."

From the Sam Smith article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18064691

own it, bathe in it, eat it, mavs fans

LEONARD
04-17-2007, 04:36 PM
The problem is, your opinion has not a shred of objectivity.

You claim to know what Tim was laughing at, and you claim to know what Crawford meant when he asked for a fight.

Being that Tim said nothing when he laughed at Crawford makes everything speculative. Please don't ever pursue any job that involves law.

Ok...forget everything about what people were THINKING at the time...

Go back to page 2 to my breakdown and tell me that Duncan didn't look at Crawford prior to busting out laughing. Show me where I went wrong in breaking down the video...

And no I'm not gonna go back and argue with LEONARD, he states that he knows what Crawford was THINKING at the time. He can actually read his mind :lmao

how can I respond to that brilliance?

See above...

I'm not claiming to read anybody's mind. That's speculation on my part...

I am saying that Duncan looked at Crawford while he was stating who the foul was on, and then busted out laughing. That is what set Crawford off. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Crawford right...everybody (especially Mavs fans) knows that he's a power tripping, prick, hot-head...

"I've since had referees tell me they felt the younger officials tend to be intimidated by Cuban and all the referee scrutiny he maintains with former officials on his staff and regular reports to the league."

From the Sam Smith article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18064691

own it, bathe in it, eat it, mavs fans

Sam Smith :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 04:46 PM
It appears that he looked at Crawford when the whistle blew and busted out laughing....

So what?!

So fucking what, you dipshit!!!!

He sees a dope whistle another obviously stupid call and laughs!!

Even Stern said that is fucked up--

WTF is so hard for dumbass Mav fans to understand?

You fuckers bitched, moaned and whined all summer long about the refs out to get you tearm by giving Wade a bunch of free throws.

I've seen whiny ass Mav fans try to prove their conspiracy theory using spreadsheets comparing every call in the NBA playoffs!

o get off of your damn high horse and go get fucked.

Jimcs50
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
So what?!

You fuckers bitched, moaned and whined all summer long about the refs out to get you tearm by giving Wade a bunch of free throws.

I've seen whiny ass Mav fans try to prove their conspiracy theory using spreadsheets comparing every call in the NBA playoffs!

It was laughable...the whole officiating the whole game...hence the laughing.

duh!

LEONARD
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
So what?!

Wow...you obviously haven't read shit that I've posted. :lol

I'M NOT JUSTIFYING OR AGREEING WITH WHAT CRAWFORD DID!!

Yesterday people here were going crazy saying that Duncan wasn't looking at Crawford, that other players were laughing too (they were, after the fact), etc etc. I looked at the video to try to figure out what set Crawford off. That's all I'm saying...

aaronstampler
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
That's all you're saying today, after the fact. After the game you said Duncan deserved it. Forget it.

cheguevara
04-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Yesterday people here were going crazy saying that Duncan wasn't looking at Crawford, that other players were laughing too (they were, after the fact), etc etc. I looked at the video to try to figure out what set Crawford off. That's all I'm saying...

you love to get cussed out huh?

stop fucking saying that Duncan was looking at Crawford. SO FUCKING WHAT IF HE WAS? that does not change the fact that Crawford is a nut who doesn't belong on the court.

you are sounding fucking stupid as hell.

LEONARD
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
That's all you're saying today, after the fact. After the game you said Duncan deserved it. Forget it.

...it's fun to get Spurs fans going sometimes... :lol

you love to get cussed out huh?

stop fucking saying that Duncan was looking at Crawford. SO FUCKING WHAT IF HE WAS? that does not change the fact that Crawford is a nut who doesn't belong on the court.

you are sounding fucking stupid as hell.

wow

Shank
04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
If you add the F word into all of your posts, Leonard, you'll come off sounding tougher.

leemajors
04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
one of my favorite band names is tornado of urine.

Shank
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I like "If You See Kay".

mavsfan1000
04-17-2007, 05:49 PM
If Crawford did this to Dirk than Stern wouldn't have done anything since Stern hates Cuban. We obviously know whose side Stern is on and it isn't the mavs.

mardigan
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
If Crawford did this to Dirk than Stern wouldn't have done anything since Stern hates Cuban. We obviously know whose side Stern is on and it isn't the mavs.
You have to infect more threads with your idiocy?

IX_Equilibrium
04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Go back to page 2 to my breakdown and tell me that Duncan didn't look at Crawford prior to busting out laughing. Show me where I went wrong in breaking down the video...

Yeah, he looked at him. So fucking what? (like everyone else has asked you)
Is that another rule I didn't know about?

You're wack.

judaspriestess
04-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I've seen whiny ass Mav fans try to prove their conspiracy theory using spreadsheets comparing every call in the NBA playoffs!.

Now this wouldn't surprise me and I wonder from what blog site they got these spread sheets from :lol

ambchang
04-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Could you please lend me your what if crystal ball? Mavs fans seems to have them quite handy all the time, such as "if" the refs were calling a good game in last year's finals, etc .....
I would like to know what would happen to me if Warren Buffet gave that $30 billion to me instead of the Gates Foundation.

ForestBrain
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm a mavs fan. I think Crawford is an idiot. I think tossing Tim out was quite possibly one of the most ludicrous techs I've ever seen in my entire time watching the NBA. I'm glad Crawford has been suspended the rest of the season, and Tim didn't deserve the giant fine he got.

IX_Equilibrium
04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm a mavs fan. I think Crawford is an idiot. I think tossing Tim out was quite possibly one of the most ludicrous techs I've ever seen in my entire time watching the NBA. I'm glad Crawford has been suspended the rest of the season, and Tim didn't deserve the giant fine he got.

Leonard, you could learn alot from this guy's objectivity. ^

Man of Steel
04-18-2007, 01:32 AM

You keep saying that like a mantra---"Serenity Now!"

But as soon as you say "But Timmy laughed and taunted him," you automatically justify that prick's ejection of Tim Duncan.

See Leo--you cannot have it both ways.

If there was undisputed proof that Tim Duncan was mocking and humuliating a ref in an intentional manner, that by itself would have to justify Crawford's actions.

So what if many fans argue that Duncan did not do that? Apparently David Stern is also of the same opinion--that's why he threw Crawford out of the game.

You have to understand this is a very emotional subject for Spurs fans. If the roles were reversed and Dirk was thrown out--and the Mavs got a 3rd seed and not a 2nd seed as a result--you cannot dispute that:

1. Cuban would amass the largest fines in sports history within 10 minutes of his postgame comments;

2. Mav fans would meet by the thousands on the grassy knoll looking for the other gunmen after Dirk;

3. The Dallas County DA's office would issue immediate warrants for Joey Crawford's arrest;

4. Guys like you would be innundating the airwaves and cybernet with brand new websites wherein they would dissect the video of the event--frame by frame (move over Abraham Zapruder) to show the direct angle of Dirk's face in proportion to the line of sight to Joey Crawford's view. Some SMU geek would probably publish a paper within a week arguing that he not only solved the JFK murder--but the fact that Joey Crawford's father was in fact the second gunman standing there with Lee Harvey Oswald...

THE SIXTH MAN
04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I think LEONARD can only understand the :lol and the :fro smilies.

Man of Steel
04-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Poor Leo.

Spent all that time dissecting the videos to support a really fucked up theory i.e., "but Tim Duncan was looking at him when he laughed and I can prove it."

This is what really pisses ,e off about Mav fans.

The entire world has thrown its weight against Crawford.

No one justifies the theory that underlies Crawford's rationale for ejecting Duncan.

Except the fucking Mav fans on their own stupid websites who are so damn afraid of Duncan that they latch onto any possible excuse that would cause him to miss the entire fourth quarter going against Dirk and Howard.

Their mangled logic is so twisted and fucked up that they show their true colors--a bunch of dipshits so hungry for a title that they would stand alone in support of the worst action by an NBA official in modern times.

DaMavs02
04-18-2007, 01:48 AM
The way I heard Stern come across on the Dan Patrick show was basically:

It doesn't matter what Tim Duncan does, you can't eject him. He didn't care if Duncan was laughing or mocking or anything. He doesn't want officials impacting the game with technicals.

With Don Nelson in 2003, he was over near midcourt pestering Crawford, Nelson got a technical and told him to go back to the bench, Nelson refused. I don't think asking a coach to go back toward the bench is that unreasonable, and probably within his power, but when Nelson refuses it forces Joey's hand. He was sent in to officiate that game to bring order, and he decided if Nelson wasn't going to listen he was going to get kicked out. At the time, people thought Nelson was out of line. It's coming out now that Stern thought Crawford was way out of line.

I think it's pretty clear that Duncan didn't have any respect for Crawford and was acting accordingly. I don't think Duncan should have been ejected, but I think an official should have the right to tell a player to quit complaining and have him obey. Players miss defensive assignments because they're yelling at the refs for missed calls; I think officials miss calls sometimes because they're distracted by complaining players.

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Stop crying about a Duncan conspiracy
It's my duty to put my foot down when the whining on this blog gets out of hand. And that's the case on the Joey Crawford-Tim Duncan issue.

Many of you, dear Mavs fans, believe that this is about David Stern protecting Duncan like he's some kind of NBA golden boy. Please tell me how making Duncan untouchable benefits the league.

Duncan is an all-time great, but he's boring and makes marketing types yawn. San Antonio is a rinky-dink market by pro sports standards, making his Q rating even more miniscule. The TV ratings for the Spurs' Finals appearances resembled breathalyzer results, for Pete's sake.

Stern might be a weasel, but he ain't stupid. If anything, he'd be looking for ways to rig the Western Conference playoffs to make it tougher on the Spurs. The NBA and its TV buddies benefit if the Suns and Mavs play a bunch of 111-109 games in the conference finals, instead of the Mavs and Spurs slugging it out in 88-86 affairs.

The Rabbit-Eared Horse's Rear ref had his wrist slapped before when he made his fragile ego more important than the game. He did it again, and he got what he deserved.

ponky
04-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Poor Leo.

Spent all that time dissecting the videos to support a really fucked up theory i.e., "but Tim Duncan was looking at him when he laughed and I can prove it."

No one justifies the theory that underlies Crawford's rationale for ejecting Duncan.

Except the fucking Mav fans on their own stupid websites who are so damn afraid of Duncan that they latch onto any possible excuse that would cause him to miss the entire fourth quarter going against Dirk and Howard.

Their mangled logic is so twisted and fucked up that they show their true colors--a bunch of dipshits so hungry for a title that they would stand alone in support of the worst action by an NBA official in modern times.

interesting, this same thing pisses me off about lots of spurs fans when it comes to the officiating of games 3 and 4 last year during the wcf. no one really gave a fuck except for the silly spurs fans going apeshit over it like it was the end of the freakin' world. there was nothing wrong with the officiating in the spurs/mavs series OR the heat/mavs series but out of the two series, there were a couple of non-mavs talking about the latter and no one but spurs fans blathering on about the former. oh, and although i've already state my opinion, tim duncan is a whiny little baby who focuses too much on the foul calls (and who the hell knows why with his shitty free throwing) but no way did he deserve the ejection and i'm happy crawford is out, he's not someone i like to see when the mavericks play

mavsfan1000
04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah the spurs actually got more free throws for the series.

ponky
04-18-2007, 01:59 AM

with tim duncan garnering more in that series than any other player on the floor...now just imagine if he actually made those free throws, it would've been a different story and the spurs fans might be celebrating four rings with a possible fifth this season (anything's possible in my book this season)...but he didn't and you can bitch all you want about officiating but it's not going to change the fact that even if tim duncan got more free throws than he already gets, it just means he'll miss more

ChumpDumper
04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
heh, breathalyzer....that's actually pretty good.

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
I hope for dear God (and likely to happen) for a Suns-Mavs WCF repeat

Man of Steel
04-18-2007, 02:01 AM

BTW--

It does not matter how many free throws a team gets--

It matters WHEN they get a free throw in a very close game

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
heh, breathalyzer....that's actually pretty good.

Got the idea even if the writer made a typo right?

THE SIXTH MAN
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Good read.

mavsfan1000
04-18-2007, 02:03 AM
The mavs didn't get the benefits in games 1 and 5 as well. The mavs almost lost game 7 thanks to the refs helping the spurs back in the game.

ponky
04-18-2007, 02:04 AM
BTW--

It does not matter how many free throws a team gets--

It matters WHEN they get a free throw in a very close game

spurs fans like to argue that the spurs should get more free throws naturally because they have more points in the paint than the jumpshooting mavs...naturally, this is in large part due to duncan...you want duncan taking those free throws at the end of the game? you really want a close game to be decided by some free throws that duncan has to take?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 02:05 AM
The point here is that this is going to backfire when the refs screw your boring team

Amuseddaysleeper
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM
The point here is that this is going to backfire when the refs screw your boring team

but you gotta at least enjoy ginobili, even if his flopping bugs you

ponky
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM
nah, i don't think the league is protecting duncan, they just don't wanna see some baldy turn what was a highly entertaining game into fertilizer

ponky
04-18-2007, 02:08 AM
i'm in shock...laughing at a heat fan's entertaining and funny posts

THE SIXTH MAN
04-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Good point.

picnroll
04-18-2007, 02:10 AM
I hope for dear God (and likely to happen) for a Suns-Mavs WCF repeat
I see what you mean. I'm hoping for a Bulls - Pistons Eastern final. I mean who the hell wants to watch Wade parading to the line 50 times a game again. Hopefully Heat get knocked out in the first round to spare the nation from enduring that pain again.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Read the memo about stop starting new threads about the same topic.

Thanks.

Man of Steel
04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
I agree--this may come back to haunt us.

But Stern had no option.

johngateswhiteley
04-18-2007, 02:45 AM
spurs fans like to argue that the spurs should get more free throws naturally because they have more points in the paint than the jumpshooting mavs...naturally, this is in large part due to duncan...you want duncan taking those free throws at the end of the game? you really want a close game to be decided by some free throws that duncan has to take?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

do you know how stupid you are?

LEONARD
04-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, he looked at him. So fucking what? (like everyone else has asked you)
Is that another rule I didn't know about?

You're wack.

I'm so confused...

You're agreeing with me that Duncan looked at Crawford and busted out laughing. And that's ALL I'm saying. THAT is what set Crawford off...he took it as showing him up after the previous incidents in the game (the 1st tech and all the other talk going on between them). Yes, Crawford is a POS and I'm glad he's out for the rest of the season. I'M NOT DEFENDING CRAWFORD. :bang :bang

You keep saying that like a mantra---"Serenity Now!"

But as soon as you say "But Timmy laughed and taunted him," you automatically justify that prick's ejection of Tim Duncan.

See Leo--you cannot have it both ways.

If there was undisputed proof that Tim Duncan was mocking and humuliating a ref in an intentional manner, that by itself would have to justify Crawford's actions.

So what if many fans argue that Duncan did not do that? Apparently David Stern is also of the same opinion--that's why he threw Crawford out of the game.

You have to understand this is a very emotional subject for Spurs fans. If the roles were reversed and Dirk was thrown out--and the Mavs got a 3rd seed and not a 2nd seed as a result--you cannot dispute that:

1. Cuban would amass the largest fines in sports history within 10 minutes of his postgame comments;

2. Mav fans would meet by the thousands on the grassy knoll looking for the other gunmen after Dirk;

3. The Dallas County DA's office would issue immediate warrants for Joey Crawford's arrest;

4. Guys like you would be innundating the airwaves and cybernet with brand new websites wherein they would dissect the video of the event--frame by frame (move over Abraham Zapruder) to show the direct angle of Dirk's face in proportion to the line of sight to Joey Crawford's view. Some SMU geek would probably publish a paper within a week arguing that he not only solved the JFK murder--but the fact that Joey Crawford's father was in fact the second gunman standing there with Lee Harvey Oswald...

I'm not having anything both ways. 2 days ago everybody was saying that Duncan didn't look at Crawford, and he certainly didn't look at Crawford then bust out laughing...everybody was laughing on the bench, etc etc. I think I've showed that he did look at Crawford and laugh, and that's what set Crawford off. I don't agree with what Crawford did...

So that game DEFINITELY took the 2nd seed from the Spurs? :wtf

If it happened to Dirk I wouldn't complain...I DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT OFFICIATING.

Poor Leo.

Unbelievable... :lol :bang :bang

ForestBrain
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
:: sigh :: I'm a girl.