PDA

View Full Version : Rome going off on Crawford...

Sec24Row7
04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
"If Tim thinks the Dress code is retarded... what do you think he thinks about getting tossed from the bench for laughing?"

haha

angel_luv
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Station?

Sec24Row7
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
ticket760? heh

angel_luv
04-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks. :)

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
cold pizza first & ten right now! espn news

J.T.
04-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I think pretty much everyone except Mavs homers and Spurs haters are going to side with Duncan on this one. He'll get fined, sure, but Crawford will get more than just a slap-on-the-wrist fine for this.

SBGamesCone
04-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I think pretty much everyone except Mavs homers and Spurs haters are going to side with Duncan on this one. He'll get fined, sure, but Crawford will get more than just a slap-on-the-wrist fine for this.

I hope so anyway. I've always respected Joey, but this was just out of line. As the most senior ref he needs to check himself and see what type of example he is showing to the rest of the league.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I hope so anyway. I've always respected Joey, but this was just out of line. As the most senior ref he needs to check himself and see what type of example he is showing to the rest of the league.

He's older than Bavetta? Dayamn.

Flight3107
04-16-2007, 03:29 PM
He's older than Bavetta? Dayamn.

No

Crawford is 55 and has been in the NBA since 77

Bavetta is 67 and has been in the NBA since 75

SBGamesCone
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
No

Crawford is 55 and has been in the NBA since 77

Bavetta is 67 and has been in the NBA since 75

Close, 2 years. Crawford is in his 31st year and I guess that puts Bavetta in his 33rd year.

ponky
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
nothing's happening to crawford and no, i'm not defending him, he's a prick and i'd like to see him gone as well, despite timvp's silly assertion that the mavs do well when he officiates. there might be some people talking about it for a short while on sports shows but that's what those shows are there for, to overanalyze every situation. in the end, tim may get fined, joey will get his in the back room behind doors and told to cool it for the playoffs and we'll see him again, end of story, deal with it, he's not going to not ref spurs games again, not gonna happen

my2sons
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
nothing's happening to crawford and no, i'm not defending him, he's a prick and i'd like to see him gone as well, despite timvp's silly assertion that the mavs do well when he officiates. there might be some people talking about it for a short while on sports shows but that's what those shows are there for, to overanalyze every situation. in the end, tim may get fined, joey will get his in the back room behind doors and told to cool it for the playoffs and we'll see him again, end of story, deal with it, he's not going to not ref spurs games again, not gonna happen

so what happens if the spurs make the finals, does that mean that crawford is done. not meant to antagonize just wondering what your opinion would be if this scenario takes place.

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:00 PM
so what happens if the spurs make the finals, does that mean that crawford is done. not meant to antagonize just wondering what your opinion would be if this scenario takes place.

no. back in 03 jc ejected don nelson in the wcf just for standing there staring at him. he continued to ref big games in which the mavs played with nelson still the coach. i just think if they aren't going to outright fire him and remove him from coaching any games of any teams, they aren't going to make an exception for the spurs and remove him from just spurs games. it would open the doors for teams to start keeping track of which coaches have it in for them, much as cuban has already done with his bitching about danny crawford. i know the duncan ejection was ridiculous as hell but imo, i think the league will also take into account the video showing duncan mouthing p.o.s. and the fact that he was laughing at what was obviously the officiating. please don't construe this to mean that i'm defending jc, i'm just trying to look at it from a viewpoint that the league may take.

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
, i think the league will also take into account the video showing duncan mouthing p.o.s.

this happened AFTER Duncan was ejected. It has nothing to do with the ejection.

aaronstampler
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Ponky for the last fucking time, Duncan didn't say "Piece of Shit" or "Fuck You" until AFTER he got ejected.

All he said to get the first T was say Manu's strip "was all ball" and he was just laughing for the second one. Period.

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
this happened AFTER Duncan was ejected. It has nothing to do with the ejection.

yes, i'm aware of that and that's why i think it shouldn't matter...but to the league, it WILL matter because fans knew what he said very clearly thanks to the unforgiving cameras...of course, this also applies to the whole *fight* thing, but i think jc meant will argue that when he said "do you want to fight" he meant it in the sense of "do you want to argue and haggle over calls all game long"...at least this is how he'll present it to the league if questioned about it

timvp
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
nothing's happening to crawford and no, i'm not defending him, he's a prick and i'd like to see him gone as well, despite timvp's silly assertion that the mavs do well when he officiates.

Uh, check the stats.

timvp
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know how Dallas fan can compare Duncan getting ejected for laughing to Nellie getting ejected for refusing to go back to his bench.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
League doesn't want the embarrassment of raising the profile of an embarrassing incident where one of their refs acted like a complete jackass and who's poor judgement influenced a prominent game. However Crawford I'm sure has pretty well fucked himself, remains to be seen how deep it's stuck.

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Uh, check the stats.

uh, i will, after i come home from work tonight....i don't normally focus on officiating, it's not a problem for the mavs because we know how to get those fts in the hole and even if we are being screwed over by the refs it shouldn't matter, we should be able to get the win regardless

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't know how Dallas fan can compare Duncan getting ejected for laughing to Nellie getting ejected for refusing to go back to his bench.

you realize he got the two techs in a row right? he got the first one for yapping but he got the second one for just standing there. does standing in a place where it's completely ok to stand and not against the rules constitute a tech? standing there and not saying a word? is that ok? nah, i didn't think so...btw, it's not only *dallas* fan who is making that comparison, read some news

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
uh, i will, after i come home from work tonight....i don't normally focus on officiating, it's not a problem for the mavs because we know how to get those fts in the hole and even if we are being screwed over by the refs it shouldn't matter, we should be able to get the win regardless
Yeah, you sure did a good job when Shithouse and the nut puncher got DQs. Course those were legit.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
you realize he got the two techs in a row right? he got the first one for yapping but he got the second one for just standing there. does standing in a place where it's completely ok to stand and not against the rules constitute a tech? standing there and not saying a word? is that ok? nah, i didn't think so...btw, it's not only *dallas* fan who is making that comparison, read some newsUh, wasn't Nellie standing at the scorer's table, outside of the coach's box?

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, you sure did a good job when Shithouse and the nut puncher got DQs. Course those were legit.

who said they were legit? terry absolutelyu deserved to get a suspension...stack maybe not so much but i could see if what he did was intentional considering that he got his nose busted up by shaq so maybe if it was intentional, sure suspend him a game as well, whatever...i'm not a homer jackass, i don't follow my team blindly without any criticism

ponky
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
lol at all the rabid spurs fans circling the wagons...nobody cares about this incident and it will be a non-issue two days from now for everyone but spurs fans, bye

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Uh, wasn't Nellie standing at the scorer's table, outside of the coach's box?

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
lol at all the rabid spurs fans circling the wagons...nobody cares about this incident and it will be a non-issue two days from now for everyone but spurs fans, bye
Why wouldnt we care about this? What would you expect on a spur site with a story involing our best player? And if no one cares, I dont know why its been on every tv show today, guess they like to waste air time

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Crawford is one of the best refs in the NBA.

Dan Crawford, that is.

Mavs hate him, though.

http://www.probasketballrefs.com/Portals/0/Graphics/RefPics/Action%20Pics/DCrawfore_A1.jpg

wildbill2u
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
"If Tim thinks the Dress code is retarded... what do you think he thinks about getting tossed from the bench for laughing?"

haha
The Houston all-sports station host led off with a critique of Crawford. I remember these delicious words:

"Crawford knows the rules and the game, but he's one of those refs who think the fans come to see him as well as the players. That's just wrong." :ihit

And

"Crawford's acts was despicable and he shouldn't be allowed to ref during the playoffs." :ihit

Lots of support for Tim around the country and damn little for little Dickhead Joey.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
i don't give a crap about the loss. I do care though that an idiot like Crawford, who obviously has major issues and has the potential to impact meaningful games in the playoffs, is given that opportunity.

NBA Junkie
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
It's sad that whenever the Spurs face the Mavs, not only are the Mavs their opponents but the officials are as well.

Sort of like a handicapped match, so to speak.

IceColdBrewski
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
lol at all the rabid spurs fans circling the wagons...nobody cares about this incident...

For such a non-story, it sure is making a lot of headlines. It's been one of the top 2 stories for the ESPN shows the last few hours. And you'd better believe the league is feeling the heat everytime another TV/Radio host slams Crawford.

Will Crawford get suspended? Probably not. But I think it's a very real possibility that he won't be reffing any Spurs playoffs games.

timvp
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Uh, wasn't Nellie standing at the scorer's table, outside of the coach's box?

picnroll
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Is there any fraternity amongst the refs that would show their support for a chastised brother by screwing the Spurs. (Paranoid feeling)

duncan228
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Is there any fraternity amongst the refs that would show their support for a chastised brother by screwing the Spurs. (Paranoid feeling)

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Phenomanul
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Bavetta called to tell Joey he has his support..... "Retribution is me"

J.T.
04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
We should have Beno, James White and Melvin Ely punch out Nies, Bavetta and Salvatore so we can get those three schmucks banned from officiating our games too. Not like either of those guys are in our playoff plans. I don't mind those players getting half season bans.

ducks
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
this thing atleast has people thinking about td and what he means to the spurs
will that be enough for him to get the mvp?

J.T.
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
this thing atleast has people thinking about td and what he means to the spurs
will that be enough for him to get the mvp?

They might have only won by 10 with Duncan, you know?

Lady Marmalade
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
So how much did Cuban pay Crawford for that wack T called on Duncan?