PDA

View Full Version : anybody else happy with the defense?

td4mvp3
04-16-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah, the ref sucked and a loss is a loss, but the field goal percentage gave me something to hold on to. we were holding them to 44 percent shooting with our best defender out for more than a quarter. seems pretty cool.

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
imo i think timmy might be the best defender in the league period....SPURS looked purty good considering the limited playing time*

George Gervin's Afro
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I liked what I saw.

boutons_
04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
What FG% did the Mavs shoots in 4th qtr, vs the Spurs?

The Spurs 10-pt 4th qtr offense was much more "impressive" than their defense.

Should the Mavs consider that their defense held the Spurs to 10 pts and shut the Spurs completely down for the last 6.5 minutes? That's much more impressive than anything the Spurs did for the first 3 quarters.

MrChug
04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
I was happier than ever with their performance. It looked top notch. We should feel more confident than ever that these guys can't play with us for a 7 game series. I really feel that way now...

sprrs
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Should the Mavs consider it highly unlikely that Duncan won't be playing in any more fourth quarters?

stretch
04-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd say that not scoring a single point for the final 4+ minutes of the game kind of negates anything else good that they may have done, despite not having Tim Duncan. That's just bad, for a team that prides themselves on being such a great closer, and people talking about how great and clutch that guys like Parker and Ginobili are.

sprrs
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
As good as Tony and Manu are, and as bad as they played in the 4th, not having our MVP hurts badly....imagine not playing with Dirk in the 4th, see how much of a difference that would have made.

mabber
04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I was happier than ever with their performance. It looked top notch. We should feel more confident than ever that these guys can't play with us for a 7 game series. I really feel that way now...

I thought the Spur's defense was really good but to say that the Mavs can't play with the Spurs for a 7 game series is kind of silly.

stretch
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
As good as Tony and Manu are, and as bad as they played in the 4th, not having our MVP hurts badly....imagine not playing with Dirk in the 4th, see how much of a difference that would have made.
I agree, but not scoring a single FG for over 6 minutes is simply embarassing, especially for players who are hyped up so much here, like Parker and Ginobili. I would expect a little more from such "superstars" as many spurs fans call them.