PDA

View Full Version : TP show

Bruno
04-16-2007, 03:45 PM
A lot of interesting thing have been said :

- First the Pietrus rumor is legit : Mike would like to play in SA and Spurs FO have asked TP his advice about Pietrus. Pietrus was on the show
- Parker is is shocked by Duncan exclusion : he laughed with him on the bench.
- Not surprised of what happened with Crawford because he is very sensitive and give T very fast.
- Crawford will maybe have some troubles : the league called Parker to know what happened.
- Spurs haven't played their playoff systems at the end of the game against Mavs. They keep them for the playoffs.
- TP, Manu and Duncan won't play tonight.
- He thinks he will play against Denver wednesday but Spurs won't show what they will do in playoffs against them.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Pop wanted to rest Tony against Wolves, Parker wanted to play. After 2 mins and 2 quick fouls he put him on the bench and said him "As I told you, you won't play tonight". ;)

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
:lol

Taco
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Bruno

mardigan
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks man

Bruno
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Hapefully, Stu doens't speak french because Parker fine would have been quite big after was he has said about Crawford.

ducks
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
bruno is the man

Bruno
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I blush. :)

YoMamaIsCallin
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
The league called Parker about the Joey Crawford incident????

That is HUGE.

Maybe they'll actually do something.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Hapefully, Stu doens't speak french because Parker fine would have been quite big after was he has said about Crawford.Dude, you can't just leave that hanging like that . . .

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you, Bruno! :)

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
thanks a lot bruno :tu

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
- Crawford will maybe have some troubles : the league called Parker to know what happened.

I knew it. Crawford is in deep shit. :clap

- Spurs haven't played their playoff systems at the end of the game against Mavs. They keep them for the playoffs.
- He thinks he will play against Denver wednesday but Spurs won't show what they will do in playoffs against them.

I suspected this too. Pop is a genius

Testing
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Spurs haven't played their playoff systems at the end of the game against Mavs. They keep them for the playoffs.

Wait...really? Did he expand more on this? So the Spurs purposely played bad the last 2 games against the Mavs in the end? :lol

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I kind of thought Barry was instructed just to chuck it at the end.

One thing Avery did wrong this year was try out the "double him! double him!" trick on Duncan earlier in the year (when no double was coming). Why not save that stuff when it matters?

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
good post

interesting!

Testing
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM

One thing Avery did wrong this year was try out the "double him! double him!" trick on Duncan earlier in the year (when no double was coming). Why not save that stuff when it matters?

I believe he did do it first in the playoffs last year against the Spurs....

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
TP, Manu and Duncan won't play tonight.

A lot of White, Butler and Beno tonight

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
avery needs to try triple team trick

Testing
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Pop wanted to rest Tony against Wolves, Parker wanted to play. After 2 mins and 2 quick fouls he put him on the bench and said him "As I told you, you won't play tonight". ;)

:lol :lol

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Because that's not the kind of thing that will only work once. It's not like Duncan was ever actively listening to Avery. It's only meant to cause a moment of hesitation and confusion.

All Avery has to do is continue to switch it up mid-game--sometimes he'll tell the guys to double when he says it, and sometimes he'll tell them to ignore anything he yells. That will keep Duncan on his toes, and it's impossible to "get used to" if it's constantly changing.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I suspected this too. Pop is a genius

Meanwhile, Avery has shown all of the Mavs playoff end game sets in the regular season games, leaving them with nothing. Pop certainly has an immense upper hand here.

....please. Genius? Every good coach does this. :rolleyes

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
A lot of interesting thing have been said :

- First the Pietrus rumor is legit : Mike would like to play in SA and Spurs FO have asked TP his advice about Pietrus. Pietrus was on the show
- Parker is is shocked by Duncan exclusion : he laughed with him on the bench.
- Not surprised of what happened with Crawford because he is very sensitive and give T very fast.
- TP, Manu and Duncan won't play tonight.

Of course they didn't. Neither did the Mavs. It was a very generic (in terms of play calling and defenses) game.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Dude, you can't just leave that hanging like that . . .

Q : You feeling about the Mavs game.

TP : We have lead all teh game, too bad the ref has decided about the result of the game. He gives a second T to Duncan while he was doing nothing. He was laughing on the bench, I was laughing with him ; Why they don't give a T to me too ? it's a shame : authority abuse, authority abuse. He ejects him without a reason.

Q : what about the first T on Duncan ?

TP : There isn't a lot of things for the first T. This ref is very sensitive. It happens, some refs are more sensitive... We know in the nba world that Joe Crawford is very sensitive, he gives T very fast. For the first T, we have said, as usual but for the second it was authority abuse. And It's not the first time. The problem is that people do nothing but this time he will maybe have some troubles, the nba called us. I don't know if he will be fined but it was so obvious this time. I have never seen that. It's a shame, he has said nothing , a shame, authority abuse.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Because that's not the kind of thing that will only work once. It's not like Duncan was ever actively listening to Avery. It's only meant to cause a moment of hesitation and confusion.

All Avery has to do is continue to switch it up mid-game--sometimes he'll tell the guys to double when he says it, and sometimes he'll tell them to ignore anything he yells. That will keep Duncan on his toes, and it's impossible to "get used to" if it's constantly changing.
or maybe Duncan will just ignore what Avery says and read the situation. Gee what a novel concept. Oh wait, Duncan already said that.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM

Duncan said it threw him off; he kept expecting the double to come. I don't think he'll be thrown by it again.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
or maybe Duncan will just ignore what Avery says and read the situation. Gee what a novel concept. Oh wait, Duncan already said that.

That's exactly my point. You think Duncan wasn't already doing that? Do you actually believe that the first time it happened Duncan actively tuned into to Avery and thought "Oh neat now they're going to double me!!".

He's got way too much to worry about during a game to be concerned with what the other coach is saying. He's got his own teammates, his own coach, and his own game to concentrate on.

In my opinion, the tactic worked because at a less conscious level it caused a moment of confusion/hesitation in Duncan. It may continue to do so. He doesn't have to "listen" to Avery--chances are he never was.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:41 PM
That's exactly my point. You think Duncan wasn't already doing that? Do you actually believe that the first time it happened Duncan actively tuned into to Avery and thought "Oh neat now they're going to double me!!".

He's got way too much to worry about during a game to be concerned with what the other coach is saying. He's got his own teammates, his own coach, and his own game to concentrate on.

Yeah, actually ihe did say it threw him. It won't again.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:41 PM
In my opinion, the tactic worked because at a less conscious level it caused a moment of confusion/hesitation in Duncan. It may continue to do so. He doesn't have to "listen" to Avery--chances are he never was.

Not all of basketball happens on a subconscious level. Duncan definitely knew what Avery was saying and reacted (or didn't) accordingly. He'll learn to not crib Avery's play calling the way he used to.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Wait...really? Did he expand more on this? So the Spurs purposely played bad the last 2 games against the Mavs in the end? :lol

TP : It was just a good practice : good practice, good game and good intensity. Wasted by the ref.

Q : Do Spurs should try to change systems for the end of the game because Manu was trapped a lot ?

TP : We haven't even tried to play some systems because we wanted to show nothing. We ahve done nothing special. We keep all our end of game systems for the playoffs.

ploto
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
You do also know that the Spurs asked for Tony's input on drafting Beno and he gave a glowing recommendation. :lol

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
You do also know that the Spurs asked for Tony's input on drafting Beno and he gave a glowing recommendation. :lol
He wanted the playing time.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Tp said too that Spurs first game will be on sunday.

timvp
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Tony last played him in 2000. Back then Beno was considered one of the best prospects in Europe.

But that was about 30 pounds ago and an untold number of Latinas ago. . .

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, actually ihe did say it threw him. It won't again.

Of course it threw him. That's not my point. My point is that Duncan isn't defining his game and his decisions when he has the ball based on what Avery says--he's making decisions based on what actually happens on the court.

And even if he was literally letting what Avery said affect his decisions before, if he trains himself to not listen to that then he loses whatever advantage he originally had in using Avery's commands as a cue.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Of course it threw him. That's not my point. My point is that Duncan isn't defining his game and his decisions when he has the ball based on what Avery says--he's making decisions based on what actually happens on the court.

You're completely missing the point. Duncan DID let what Avery was saying affect his play on the court. Holding the ball in the post is one of the more intellectual moments in the game - when you decide what to do. All Duncan has to do is not take seriously what Avery says and react purely to what is going on on the court. Duncan was being lazy. Now he's not.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM

And even if he was literally letting what Avery said affect his decisions before, if he trains himself to not listen to that then he loses whatever advantage he originally had in using Avery's commands as a cue.
Okay DumbMcDumb. Real slow. Avrey yelled double him. Duncan threw the ball out but the double hadn't come therefore the perimeter players weren't freed up. Avery did this at a critical point in a close game. Clever of Avery but he'll have to come up with a new trick.

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Something tells me Duncan can outsmart Avery.

Gros Membres!
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't think he'll be thrown by it again.

I like that this is happening to the Spurs now and especially against the Mavs. It's already a heated series but I hope this is a little extra motivation not to get shown up by these jokers again. It weas humiliation, authority abuse, whatever you want to call it. The only thing this team is actually in control of is playing well together and putting the ball in the hole.

50 cent
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Q : You feeling about the Mavs game.

TP : We have lead all teh game, too bad the ref has decided about the result of the game. He gives a second T to Duncan while he was doing nothing. He was laughing on the bench, I was laughing with him ; Why they don't give a T to me too ? it's a shame : authority abuse, authority abuse. He ejects him without a reason.

Q : what about the first T on Duncan ?

TP : There isn't a lot of things for the first T. This ref is very sensitive. It happens, some refs are more sensitive... We know in the nba world that Joe Crawford is very sensitive, he gives T very fast. For the first T, we have said, as usual but for the second it was authority abuse. And It's not the first time. The problem is that people do nothing but this time he will maybe have some troubles, the nba called us. I don't know if he will be fined but it was so obvious this time. I have never seen that. It's a shame, he has said nothing , a shame, authority abuse.

Ok TP! Let's not get yourself fined or suspended.

We need to let the NBA handle Joey Cockwad and the Spurs get ready for the Playoffs.