PDA

View Full Version : Tim Cowlishaw is an Ass

jn77
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
On Around the horn he said the San Antonio Spurs are the whiniest team in the NBA and he thinks Crawford was right to eject Timmy. WTF?? He is a writer for the Dallas Morning News. Is he saying that the Mavs and Cuban don't whine at all. Does he really think that Crawford was right to challenge Timmy to a fight? Fuck him and every Mavs homer who agrees with him! :pctoss

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Yea, I heard this too. He made himself look like an idiot

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
On Around the horn he said the San Antonio Spurs are the whiniest team in the NBA and he thinks Crawford was right to eject Timmy. WTF?? He is a writer for the Dallas Morning News. Is he saying that the Mavs and Cuban don't whine at all. Does he really think that Crawford was right to challenge Timmy to a fight? Fuck him and every Mavs homer who agrees with him! :pctoss

Whether they like the Spurs as a team or not, the actual ejection of Duncan for laughing is probably disagreed by 99% of all NBA fans, except extreme homers like Cowlishaw.

It's like Shaq said a few years ago. "David Stern wonders why the league's losing money, there's why. People pay good money to see these athletes play and the ref's wanna take over the fucking game".

ChumpDumper
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
I might have agreed if Tim got tossed for whining.

aaronstampler
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't believe we have a shit reputation for this. Yeah our guys complain about a lot of calls, but we don't curse the refs out and embarass them. We go up to them and respectully ask why a call was made/not made.

Most teams cuss a ref out or scream at them or point and all that shit. We act like professionals and still get no respect.

It just goes to show nice guys finish last.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
The Spurs are the only team in the NBA that complain about calls.

:rolleyes

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
It all comes down to media hype. Phoenix was being praised by the media earlier in the season with multiple 10 game streaks despite being 1-7 or so vs the elite West teams at that point.

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
he will look like a complete moron after the league deals with Crawford, which they already have started to

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I can't believe we have a shit reputation for this. Yeah our guys complain about a lot of calls, but we don't curse the refs out and embarass them. We go up to them and respectully ask why a call was made/not made.

Most teams cuss a ref out or scream at them or point and all that shit. We act like professionals and still get no respect.

It just goes to show nice guys finish last.

coz when u curse and kick its not called whining :dizzy

Spurminator
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
The Spurs' reputation for being whiny is deserved.

That doesn't excuse Crawford's actions but players without that reputation are less likely to be unfairly tossed. That's just the way it is. Duncan's gotten a lot better at focusing on basketball and not the officials. Hopefully this will help even more.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
We do have a whiny team.

That said, Cowlishaw is a Dallas hack, his columns and takes generally suck, so the hate on TD is expected.

Man In Black
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Whiny is a misperception. Our guys question the interpretation of calls. Maybe it's the reason that they lead the league in fewest fouls called against them. Recognize.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry but the Spurs are damn whiny, particularly Duncan. So many times in the last couple years he has whined so much that he misses stuff on the other end. He has toned down a little bit this year, but last year was horrible.

All that say, it doesn't justify JC's "vendetta".

SequSpur
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
hey.. if you like wrestling, you like the new NBA.

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Whether they like the Spurs as a team or not, the actual ejection of Duncan for laughing is probably disagreed by 99% of all NBA fans, except extreme homers like Cowlishaw.

It's like Shaq said a few years ago. "David Stern wonders why the league's losing money, there's why. People pay good money to see these athletes play and the ref's wanna take over the fucking game".

Yeah, Cowlishaw is way off base here but I've never considered him an extreme homer when writing about Dallas sports. He's probably just taking the other side so they can have something to argue about.

jn77
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Cowlishaw is way off base here but I've never considered him an extreme homer when writing about Dallas sports. He's probably just taking the other side so they can have something to argue about.

Didn't think of it that way. They do need someone to aggitate the argument, who better than a Dallas writer. He is still an ass though. If you don't believe me read a couple of his collums. He is a Homer. Plain and simple.

sabar
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah we ARE the whiniest, but what does that have anything to do with one of the worst ejections ever?

I mean, 81% on the ESPN poll say the ejection was not deserved, it's clearly not homerism as spurs fans outside Texas aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

kskonn
04-16-2007, 04:50 PM

did he get muted or lose points???

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Didn't think of it that way. They do need someone to aggitate the argument, who better than a Dallas writer. He is still an ass though. If you don't believe me read a couple of his collums. He is a Homer. Plain and simple.

I've been reading him for as long as he's been writing for the Dallas Morning News. I've never really had a strong opinion about him one way or the other. Sometimes he writes decent columns and sometimes he doesn't. He's big into NASCAR now and I think it might affect how much time he actually follows the other sports.

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
did he get muted or lose points???

Yeah, there's no way he won that argument :lol

kskonn
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, there's no way he won that argument :lol

yea he probably said-- "Duncan was completely deserv..." Then the host hit mute and knocked him out before he could even finish the sentence.

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
yea he probably said-- "Duncan was completely deserv..." Then the host hit mute and knocked him out before he could even finish the sentence.

:lol

Three_Rings
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
The Spurs' reputation for being whiny is deserved.

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING :::::::

THIS IS WHAT THE SPURS BENCH WAS LAUGHING AT....DAVEY APPARENTLY WAS SEATED ON THE FRONT ROW NEXT TO CUBAN

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t282/raeraety/zHASSLEHOFF.gif

J.T.
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Another talking head bankrolled by Mark Cuban, INC. Is it really so surprising?

mabber
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Another talking head bankrolled by Mark Cuban, INC. Is it really so surprising?

Cuban owns the Dallas Morning News?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry but the Spurs are damn whiny, particularly Duncan. So many times in the last couple years he has whined so much that he misses stuff on the other end. He has toned down a little bit this year, but last year was horrible.

:tu

J.T.
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I didn't say that.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
The Spurs are certainly near the top in the whiny dept...hard to say who the whiniest is, but they do whine a lot...

Yep...

Leave it to Kori to speak the truth... :fro

judaspriestess
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
right, a writer for a dallas newspaper, how does he feel about cuban not raising the coveted "Western Conference Champion" banner three games into the season instead of the traditional raising of the banner on opening day because of what we all know is sheer embarrassment. :rolleyes

NO ONE, whines more than cuban. he is a dud.

td4mvp21
04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
The Spurs are certainly near the top in the whiny dept...hard to say who the whiniest is, but they do whine a lot...

Yep...

Leave it to Kori to speak the truth... :fro

All of the top teams whine too much-the Spurs perhaps being leaders of the pack. I'd say the whiniest teams are (in no particular order) San Antonio, Phoenix, Detroit, Dallas, and Miami.

E20
04-16-2007, 06:26 PM
The Spurs do whine (like anyother NBA team), not just Duncan though. After calls I always see Bowen, Manu, Tony, Robert Horry (during FT's) and countless others talk to the refs, like WTF was that for?

Yeah, but Tim Duncan didn't whine for this ejection, this was bad reffing on Joey Crawfords part.

cornbread
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Spurs have become way too whiney over the last few years. It's unfortunate that just as they start to shake the "boring" moniker, they pick up a new and more negative one.

I wish they would just shut up and play sometimes.

E20
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
It also makes me pretty mad when the Spurs are down and making a potential comeback, they start to whine and lose momentum, rather than playing with that momentum they whine about a missed shot, Duncan especially does this. When the Spurs are down like 2 and he misses a 4 footer instead of hauling ass to play D on the other end he'll jog alongside the ref and shrug his shoulders. Like saying WTF are you blind?

cornbread
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
It also makes me pretty mad when the Spurs are down and making a potential comeback, they start to whine and lose momentum, rather than playing with that momentum they whine about a missed shot, Duncan especially does this. When the Spurs are down like 2 and he misses a 4 footer instead of hauling ass to play D on the other end he'll jog alongside the ref and shrug his shoulders. Like saying WTF are you blind?
It makes me want to throw shit at my tv every single time.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
The Suns have two whiney players in Nash and Amare, but overall, the remainder of their squad is pretty quiet. Raja has his moments, but they are mostly after a foul has been called on him, rather than the constant give-n-take of Amare or Nash.

I'd say Phoenix, on the backs of the Nash and Amare, is borderline top-5. They aren't, however, in the top-3. Not sure who'd be after Dallas and San Antonio. Probably Denver.

td4mvp21
04-16-2007, 06:36 PM
The Suns have two whiney players in Nash and Amare, but overall, the remainder of their squad is pretty quiet. Raja has his moments, but they are mostly after a foul has been called on him, rather than the constant give-n-take of Amare or Nash.

I'd say Phoenix, on the backs of the Nash and Amare, is borderline top-5. They aren't, however, in the top-3. Not sure who'd be after Dallas and San Antonio. Probably Denver.
Marion whines and stomps his feet like a little baby when he gets mad. I don't know if that counts for anything. :lol But I still agree, the Suns whine lesst han the Spurs and Mavs that's for sure. Spurs, Mavs, and Detroit all make the top 3 IMO.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I've seen Marion make faces, but I've never seen him run across the court, yell or get in the facce of a ref. Making faces and showing disapproval shouldn't be considered whining. For it to be whining, a confrontation or blatent showing up of the ref's call needs to be made. When a call is made by a ref 15/20 feet away and said player immediately dashes over and starts to complain, then it's whining. If a call is made by a ref and said player dislikes it, maybe blabs something to him in passing, but doesn't make a scene, stop play or yell expletives at the top of his lungs, then it's just expressing disagreement.

The latter I don't have much of an issue with. Bad calls are made the refs need to know about it. The prior should be T'd up every time. I hate it when Nash and Amare do it as well.

mabber
04-16-2007, 07:07 PM

I'd agree that Dallas was one of the top or near the top in this category prior to this season, but I'd say they aren't even in the top half of the league this season. Avery pretty much banned the players from complaining before the season and they've, for the most part, have taken it to heart this season. Of course, there are always a few exceptions now and then but I've been extremely impressed and pleased with their behavior this season.

Skip Bayless
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
whiniest teams in order

1 Phoenix
2 SA
3 Dallas, they rarely ever whine at all, but their owner is a complete fucktard and he alone puts them all the way up here

RussN
04-16-2007, 07:56 PM
hey.. if you like wrestling, you like the new NBA.

It's not the "New" NBA. It's been like this for years. If you want to watch NBA basketball you have to deal with the crap that the Refs bring to the game. I definatly agree with the wrestling reference. I was thinking that Hulk Hogan was going to come out of the tunnel and sit in Duncan's open bench seat.

Tek_XX
04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd agree that Dallas was one of the top or near the top in this category prior to this season, but I'd say they aren't even in the top half of the league this season. Avery pretty much banned the players from complaining before the season and they've, for the most part, have taken it to heart this season. Of course, there are always a few exceptions now and then but I've been extremely impressed and pleased with their behavior this season.

So why were they whining yesterday? They go after the refs pretty hard after a call they disagree with. Not sure i buy what you're saying.

slayermin
04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Since Shaq only plays half a season these days, TD gets beat up more than any player in the league on a consistent basis. I'm not saying that is an excuse but it is the reality of his situation. He never talks about his bumps and bruises yet he still plays through them. I don't blame TD one bit for working the refs. Some of these newbie refs have no idea what he has to deal with on the low block. He might not be listed as center but every five in the league has guarded him at one time or another.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
dude is a homer, obvously he was going to defend the Mavs

he has been hating the Spurs ALL season

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 12:16 AM
whiniest teams in order

1 Phoenix
2 SA
3 Dallas, they rarely ever whine at all, but their owner is a complete fucktard and he alone puts them all the way up here
You haven't watched the Lakers much this year. They lead the league by a long shot. The Spurs have vaulted back up into the top three over the last month for some reason after a huge improvement over most of the season. That said, Duncan didn't remotely deserve one technical, let alone two. Devin Harris has pushed the Mavs up, but they've been pretty quiet this year, too.

J.T.
04-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Let's not forget the classic Avery Johnson quote from WCSF Game 6 postgame, "It's hard to win when you don't get to the foul line." Mavs don't whine my ass.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Let's not forget the classic Avery Johnson quote from WCSF Game 6 postgame, "It's hard to win when you don't get to the foul line." Mavs don't whine my ass.
Bear hug defense, anyone? How about jet just pushing Finley off him with a closed hand? How about the clean foul on Shaq? I love how karma seems to have an eye squarely fixed on the Mavericks.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 12:31 AM
dude is a homer, obvously he was going to defend the Mavs

he has been hating the Spurs ALL season

What's funny is that he spends most of his time on the show complaining about the scoring. That seems so appropriate for someone from Dallas.

rayray2k8
04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Who?

nowhereman523
04-17-2007, 02:07 AM
cowlishaw is the one columnist on the show that consistently has been a proponent of the spurs throughout the last few years. some of you should get a clue.

so the knicks don't crack anyone's whiniest team list?

also, d'antoni is by far the whiniest coach in the league.

and the rockets have the whiniest fanbase in the league.

nowhereman523
04-17-2007, 02:09 AM

this is one of the most non-sequiter things i've ever read in my life.

jaespur21
04-17-2007, 02:10 AM
yeah cowlish whatever his name is butt i was glad they other reporters called him out... i believe woody said HOMER while he was speaking and for bein an idiot. mariotti was decent today

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Who?
Top Cat

rayray2k8
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
So I guess spurs fans will point out those who oppose duncan and then call for mass murder huh?

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 02:22 AM
What?

bigfish22
04-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Too much NASCAR and not enough basketball will make you say something like that

SRJ
04-17-2007, 03:59 AM
If the Spurs are whiny, fine. Like MIB said, the Spurs are near the bottom in fouls called on them. Considering how much time they spend in the paint, that's ridiculous.

Dalhoop
04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Its amazing that on a thread like this, that Spurs fans would still find a way to bash what Cuban has been trying to do sense becoming owner of the Mavs ... That is to say, hold the refs accountable for bad games that they call.

He has paid alot of money speaking out about the issue or "performace reviews" or whatever other idea that would help came to mind. And for this he gets called a "Whiner"

If anything, if you people really believe the crap that you type here about him, you should be saying "Keep whining, keep pushing for change because its needed" ... But no, you would rather complain about the guy trying to effect change on this very topic then show him some support.

You should really think before you post such crap

Dalhoop
04-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Iim not going to comment on what happened during our Spurs game Sunday. My feelings about the subject havent changed and its not worth the money to comment on it here. In fact, I've given up writing in this blog about the NBA because my number one rule of blogging is that if you cant offer an honest opinion, say nothing.

What I do want to say to all NBA fans is that if you are not a Mavs fan STOP EMAILING ME ABOUT THE OFFICIATING.

Email the owner of your own team. Email the commissioner of the NBA, email anybody else. Do not email me.

Everytime something questionable happens in an NBA game, my inbox gets slammed with "If you really care about the officiating you would say something", or "this is why I cant watch the NBA anymore" emails or "I'm a season ticket holder for X years and Im considering cancelling because...". Im tired of getting and reading emails that by now easily number more than 25k over the years that the management of the team you root for, or the NBA won't take.

If you were to send all those emails to your owner or GM, maybe they would be concerned with things other than where I stand on the court .

Thank you Cuban. The call may have been bad, but the people to complain to are not the sportwriters or "Whiners" in the league.

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Cowlish is wrong when he says that JC was justified in tossing TD.

But we have to admit--

At least I do.

As much as I love the Spurs--the one thing about that that I really HATE is that they are whiny to the MAX!

Sometimes when I see the look on TD's face after a foul, or Parker's or Manu's, or Bowen's, I get clinch my teeth and mutter to myself--okay man--got your point--getback down there on defense--oops--they got a fast break transition. Shit.

Besides the fact that it weakens the team when the players stay down the court to complain while the other team is fast breaking, from a PR point of view--their constant whining really grates on my nerves.

samikeyp
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
so the knicks don't crack anyone's whiniest team list?

also, d'antoni is by far the whiniest coach in the league.

Thank you! Someone else who thinks like me.

I am as much of a Spurs fan as anyone but yes, they have their share of whiners. Then again...most NBA players tend to whine everytime they are touched. That to me is the worst thing about the NBA. A lot of players tend to get spoiled and when they don't get their way, they cry and pout. Superstars are the worst. TD, Dirk (yes Mavs fans, Dirk) Kobe, LeBron, DWade, TMac and others are terrible abou that. On the Spurs, Duncan and Ginobili are the worst, IMO. I remember sitting in Kori and LJ's living room in 2005 watching a playoff game (I think it was a finals game) and Duncan went up for a shot and missed, he started bitching to the official instead of going down the court. At the same time, Kori and I yelled "Get back on defense!" Funny moment but true.

samikeyp
04-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Cuban tends to whine when he doesn't get his way but no more than some of the players do. My problem with Cuban is that he has made the rivalry with the Spurs personal about the city of SA and IMO that is out of line.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Mark Cuban, for all his talk...

a) has not made NBA officials one whit better, as evidenced by this season and last year's playoffs.

b) only complains when a call affects his team negatively, which is why his inbox gets flooded with people pointing out his hypocrisy.

LakerLanny
04-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Bingo!

We have a winner. :hat

atxrocker
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry but the Spurs are damn whiny, particularly Duncan.

evidently so is their fan base. i mean jesus christ, talk about over fucking exaggerating and over the top drama queening it out.

Extra Stout
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
evidently so is their fan base. i mean jesus christ, talk about over fucking exaggerating and over the top drama queening it out.
Not much to do in SA.

BeerIsGood!
04-17-2007, 12:45 PM
The only thing I need to know about Cowlishaw is that he came out on a pre-draft episode saying that Chris Paul was going to be a bust because he's too small. Then the actual pre-draft show was following Chris Paul around and filmed him watching that part of the show on ESPN, to which he stated "Who is Tom Cowlishaw? Man, I know that guy's never played a day of ball in his life."

And of course, Chris Paul is now a star. That tells me all I need to know about Cowlishaw's knowledge of basketball.

hater
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
this dude now looks like a complete moron.

jn77
04-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I can't wait to see what he says today! :lol

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 12:56 PM
The only thing I need to know about Cowlishaw is that he came out on a pre-draft episode saying that Chris Paul was going to be a bust because he's too small. Then the actual pre-draft show was following Chris Paul around and filmed him watching that part of the show on ESPN, to which he stated "Who is Tom Cowlishaw? Man, I know that guy's never played a day of ball in his life."

And of course, Chris Paul is now a star. That tells me all I need to know about Cowlishaw's knowledge of basketball.
Dude, I'm so glad every one of my sports predictions wasn't written down. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to see what he says today! :lol
Bet you a dollar he loses a point or two for yesterday!

Dalhoop
04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Mark Cuban, for all his talk...

a) has not made NBA officials one whit better, as evidenced by this season and last year's playoffs.

So your saying that he shouldn't try?

b) only complains when a call affects his team negatively, which is why his inbox gets flooded with people pointing out his hypocrisy.

If you knew that you was going to have to fork over, fist 50K, then 100K, then 500K, then 1M, then 2M ... for every comment that you make; At what point are you going to stop sticking up for other owners that deside to remain quiet on the issue?

If the Spurs, Knicks or Magic front office is fine with the bad officiating ... Then so be it, Why should Cuban have to foot the bill?

Tony Reali
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
whiniest teams in order

1 Phoenix
2 SA

I agree, Mark Cuban does make a lot of unsolicited noise from the sidelines, but a fucktard? That's just dumb. Consider yourself muted.......

jacobdrj
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Whiners are winners. Period.

Take a lesson from some of the best, most notably MJ.

Big P
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
If the Spurs are whiny, fine. Like MIB said, the Spurs are near the bottom in fouls called on them. Considering how much time they spend in the paint, that's ridiculous.

Exactly how I feel. The way the Spurs play, its sad that they rank near the bottom in fouls called on them. Of course its perceived as whining, with as many times as TD gets hacked & there are no calls, what else is it going to look like when he asks the refs wtf? If somobody breathes on Shaq, its a foul & besides Kobe flailing his arms everywhere trying to draw a foul, he is also known for grunting as he drives the lane making it seem like he is getting fouled, & half the time it works. Listen next time you see Kobe in a game driving to the basket. IMO thats more of a bitch move than actually complaining to the refs, when you really do get hacked.

chode_regulator
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
He's big into NASCAR now and I think it might affect how much time he actually follows the other sports.
i hate how all these media types are now all over nascar shows. they act like theyve been following and hyping it for years. espn is going to be the death of nascar. that adnthe idiot france who is running it

btw how can the spurs be more whiny than the mavs? i eman cuban alone is worse than the whole dallas team. though i guess yall know more bc ive been in nc for the last 3.5 yrs and hardly see any games at all. :depressed :madrun :ihit :downspin:

George Gervin's Afro
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
The only thing that I have to say about Cuban is that his harrassing of the NBA to allow touch fouls in the NBA came back to bite him in the ass. How ironic it is that the same rules Cuban campaigned for, for which directly benefited his team's style of play, in the end cost him a championship.. D-wade living at the line.. because of all the touch fouls.. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Islymore
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM

isnt that the general consensus when someone dislikes the Spurs? they are a Mav homer or on Cubans payroll??

true - the Spurs are a whiny team.
true - JC was not justified to eject him.
true - T. Colishaw does have some decent articles, not related to the Mavs.
true - he was an ass for the comments.
true - he's not on Cuban's payroll but he is a Mav homer *but arent most sports writer's about their home team??

mardigan
04-19-2007, 02:21 PM
isnt that the general consensus when someone dislikes the Spurs? they are a Mav homer or on Cubans payroll??

true - the Spurs are a whiny team.
true - JC was not justified to eject him.
true - T. Colishaw does have some decent articles, not related to the Mavs.
true - he was an ass for the comments.
true - he's not on Cuban's payroll but he is a Mav homer *but arent most sports writer's about their home team??
The thing that I really hate about Cowlishaw is not that he is a Mavs homer, but a Cowboys hater. You would think he would have some love for the Boys, but no

Islymore
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
The thing that I really hate about Cowlishaw is not that he is a Mavs homer, but a Cowboys hater. You would think he would have some love for the Boys, but no

yeah... u would think the anyone who lives in Dallas would support the 'Boys at least.... don't have to support the Mavs but how can you dislike the 'Boys?

mFFL03
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Alot of people are saying the ejection was correct because of the "mockery" Duncan was giving an OFFICIAL of the game....you can't show up the boss, any place, any time......

Suspension was correct only because crawford challenged him to a fight....

listen no one debating whether Tim D is a good player....he is a GREAT player, a fundamentalist of the game....we are just saying that he needs to tone down the "i get fouled on every play" mentality

I've seen the mavs score on easy transitions at least 3 times because one or two spurs are on the opposite end debating a call with an official....

Islymore
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Alot of people are saying the ejection was correct because of the "mockery" Duncan was giving an OFFICIAL of the game....you can't show up the boss, any place, any time......

listen no one debating whether Tim D is a good player....he is a GREAT player, a fundamentalist of the game....we are just saying that he needs to tone down the "i get fouled on every play" mentality

I've seen the mavs score on easy transitions at least 3 times because one or two spurs are on the opposite end debating a call with an official....

while TD was making a mockery of the REF... isnt the REF supposed to be focused on the action up and down the court?? how did he know what TD was doin, behind him in some shots? he watched TD for any action and he got what he wanted. And I still think it made both of them look like :donkeys in the end.

TD is usually sooooo much classier and I guess I expected more of him than acting like a :donkey on the bench. that was completely uncalled for and I know he knows better as a player.

and i agree - I have seen some easy trans baskets where the Mavs scored bc it was a 4 on 5 court set up, bc someone was whinin to a ref... primarily TD...

Obstructed_View
04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
So your saying that he shouldn't try?
The lesson is clearly not to try to fix something that isn't broken. He shouldn't try. He just isn't classy enough to accept when someone beats his team, nor are many of his team's fans, considering the way they blindly fall into lock step with all things Maverick.

If you knew that you was going to have to fork over, fist 50K, then 100K, then 500K, then 1M, then 2M ... for every comment that you make; At what point are you going to stop sticking up for other owners that deside to remain quiet on the issue?

If the Spurs, Knicks or Magic front office is fine with the bad officiating ... Then so be it, Why should Cuban have to foot the bill?
Mark Cuban is a BILLIONAIRE, with a B. 100 grand is less than ten bucks is to me. The money doesn't mean shit to him. What is telling is that when Cuban is crying about a bad call that costs his team he cries about how he's doing it for the good of the game, and if he actually were remotely interested in the good of the game, he'd be complaining when his team wins on bad calls just as loudly. That's the definition of integrity, and he ain't got it. Sorry to be the one to point that out to you; I'm sure you have some justification for it.

mFFL03
04-19-2007, 02:51 PM
while TD was making a mockery of the REF... isnt the REF supposed to be focused on the action up and down the court?? how did he know what TD was doin, behind him in some shots? he watched TD for any action and he got what he wanted. And I still think it made both of them look like :donkeys in the end.

TD is usually sooooo much classier and I guess I expected more of him than acting like a :donkey on the bench. that was completely uncalled for and I know he knows better as a player.

and i agree - I have seen some easy trans baskets where the Mavs scored bc it was a 4 on 5 court set up, bc someone was whinin to a ref... primarily TD...

welcome to rasheed wallace's world...

ask for attention and tho shall get attention....

Football refs will call a foul on anyone on the sidelines, baseball umpires will throw out anyone in the dugout.....the bench is not a safehaven

yet it's completely ridiculous in basketball world.....

Islymore
04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
i mean, i understand your point... with the references to football, baseball and all... but this is basketball. however ridiculous it is, those rules that apply to those sports, dont apply here.

that doesnt take away from the fact that they look like asses tho. And Rasheed is at the top of the ass list in my book. although I love him.

mFFL03
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
i mean, i understand your point... with the references to football, baseball and all... but this is basketball. however ridiculous it is, those rules that apply to those sports, dont apply here.

that doesnt take away from the fact that they look like asses tho. And Rasheed is at the top of the ass list in my book. although I love him.

With your previous mentality then you can make a point that "no ref can ever be T'd up because, the coach is near the bench, or at the bench...not even in the game."

It begins to not make sense at all.....you're right, this is basketball that has a bench EVEN CLOSER than a dugout and sideline, which should make it even more stricter.....

Remember Dirk getting T'd up while sitting on the bench earlier in the season? Remember Don Nelson getting thrown out for staring at Joey Crawford?

There are rules and professionalism to sports....

Islymore
04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
With your previous mentality then you can make a point that "no ref can ever be T'd up because, the coach is near the bench, or at the bench...not even in the game."

It begins to not make sense at all.....you're right, this is basketball that has a bench EVEN CLOSER than a dugout and sideline, which should make it even more stricter.....

Remember Dirk getting T'd up while sitting on the bench earlier in the season? Remember Don Nelson getting thrown out for staring at Joey Crawford?

There are rules and professionalism to sports....

so what is my mentality? please tell me. and i dont see how u can jump from that thot. my whole point was JC had his back to TD, so why didnt any other REF call a T? how would he have known if he wasnt facing TD? and if it was such a mockery wouldn't any of the other refs thot he deserved a T too??

i agree there are rules and professionalism to sports and i think both TD and JC violated those rules/professionalism. i said they both looked like asses. and how obvious was it that DIRK was talkin shit to the REF in that game? I remember it, plus the ref wasnt even 3 feet from Dirk. NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER. Dirk was talkin to the ref about the call, was he not?????? and the DN tech, yeah didn't JC get in trouble about that too?? wasnt that the same game there were like 4 techs assessed in the first 10 mins of the game? what does that have to do with him being a referee who should have been watching the game and not TD on the bench?