PDA

View Full Version : The Mavs not giving the SPURS any Beef........

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
NBA LOCAL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

can anyone share?

ESPN INSIDER ARTICLE
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?page=nbalocal/070416&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3dnbalocal%2f0704 16

SpursWoman
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
They are both already posted in one of the related threads. :)

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
thanks

spursintpe
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I can't find them. Any help for me?

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
It's nothing.

It says this ...

Highly Regarded
Joey is regarded as one of the league's best refs, and the rep isn't undeserved. (And, yes, I know he also blew that critical sixth-foul call against Tim in Dallas during the playoffs last season.) He officiates as if he were a sheriff trying to keep peace in an Old West town -- and sometimes it's that same mentality that gets the best of him. Joey gave Pop a quick hook during a game in Sacramento years ago then later sent word to Pop that he had erred. In any case, this isn't a guy Tim should want to have a "personal vendetta" against him. He works too many big playoff games. Besides, Tim already has a public beef with Jack Nies, another veteran official. -- San Antonio Express-News

Where's The Beef?
Gregg Popovich didn't fault Johnson for playing his starters longer than expected, but he did have one complaint about the post-game spread the Mavericks left the Spurs. "I'm still trying to recover from the lack of generosity on the part of the Maverick program, so it's hard for me to think about Denver," Popovich said. "There's no sausage, there's no brisket, there's no barbecued chicken in there. And there is after every game. "We're going to Memphis, and I wanted to get ready for the 'Sopranos' at 8 o'clock with a big bowl of brisket, and it's not even there." -- San Antonio Express-News

And then just links to Express-News articles that we've already seen here.

spursintpe
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks

cherylsteele
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
It's nothing.

It says this ...

Highly Regarded
Joey is regarded as one of the league's best refs, and the rep isn't undeserved. (And, yes, I know he also blew that critical sixth-foul call against Tim in Dallas during the playoffs last season.) He officiates as if he were a sheriff trying to keep peace in an Old West town -- and sometimes it's that same mentality that gets the best of him. Joey gave Pop a quick hook during a game in Sacramento years ago then later sent word to Pop that he had erred. In any case, this isn't a guy Tim should want to have a "personal vendetta" against him. He works too many big playoff games. Besides, Tim already has a public beef with Jack Nies, another veteran official. -- San Antonio Express-News

Where's The Beef?
Gregg Popovich didn't fault Johnson for playing his starters longer than expected, but he did have one complaint about the post-game spread the Mavericks left the Spurs. "I'm still trying to recover from the lack of generosity on the part of the Maverick program, so it's hard for me to think about Denver," Popovich said. "There's no sausage, there's no brisket, there's no barbecued chicken in there. And there is after every game. "We're going to Memphis, and I wanted to get ready for the 'Sopranos' at 8 o'clock with a big bowl of brisket, and it's not even there." -- San Antonio Express-News

Don't forget about the wine....isn't Pop a connoisseur of wines?

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
It's nothing.

It says this ...

Highly Regarded

Where's The Beef?

cuabn and avery holding out....... :lol :oink :oink :oink