PDA

View Full Version : First Round Upsets?

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
If any team could upset their first round opponent, who would it be?

ducks
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
have to find out what they are first dumbass

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
have to find out what they are first dumbass

Read the title of the poll shithead. Seedings BASED ON TODAY.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM

why make a poll now when things could change in the next 3 days.

Kori Ellis
Rockets.

SpursDynasty
To decrease the Crawford talk and get people talking about something else. The only seed that pretty much hasn't been decided is the 8 seed.

ducks
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
you added that after I posted that :p:

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
To decrease the Crawford talk and get people talking about something else. The only seed that pretty much hasn't been decided is the 8 seed.

the Crawford story is a huge story, it can't have a day of talk?

No, we've got to get it back to SpursDynasty and his quest for a Golden State-San Antonio playoff matchup.

SBGamesCone
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I think GSW has a shot at upsetting Dallas. They play the same type of game which could result in GS stealing a few games and either causing an upset or making that a very tough first round for Dallas.

ducks
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
we have the tp show thread also
and the game thread

ducks
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
it is a little early talking about scola and fa's

Testing
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Rockets.

And for those who think GS has a chance of upsetting the Mavs...I can see that series being a sweep or over in 5 with a Mavs win.

Despite the Lakers freefall, I actually think they could once again be the surprise team of the West and take the Suns to 6 or 7. They won't win, but they'll be a tough cover I think in the first round. Phil Jackson will definitely have something up his sleeve to contain the Suns...hope Pop watches.

mardigan
Honestly, I think GSW has a shot at upsetting Dallas. They play the same type of game which could result in GS stealing a few games and either causing an upset or making that a very tough first round for Dallas.
Dallas is going to be in the WCF. The only question is how many total games is it going to take before they get there. The Warriors could win a game or two, as could Utah and Houston. But people, lets not go crazy

LilMissSPURfect
don nelson giving dallas the reverse psychology speech but u know don and his book of tricks...

stretch
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think that Houston beating Utah would be much of an upset at all. Houston will likely have HCA, and are the better team in many people's opinions. And they have a little more playoff experience than the Jazz do.

I'd say that the Lakers have the best shot. They took the Suns to 7 last year, and the Suns still don't play defense. As long as they play the style that they play, any playoff team has a shot at giving them a tough series or even beating them.

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Houston as it wouldn't be a big upset.

SBGamesCone
04-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Dallas is going to be in the WCF. The only question is how many total games is it going to take before they get there. The Warriors could win a game or two, as could Utah and Houston. But people, lets not go crazy

Probably and I hope to god that the Spurs are waiting there for them.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
GS I have them winning two games if not three.

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
the Crawford story is a huge story, it can't have a day of talk?

No, we've got to get it back to SpursDynasty and his quest for a Golden State-San Antonio playoff matchup.

It's had it's day of talk and everything has been said from "Crawford is an asshole" to "Crawford doesn't like the Spurs". It is getting repetitive and old. The only thing that can happen now is to see if the NBA takes action against Tim Duncan for his comments, and Joey Crawford for the bizarre ejection in a high caliber game. Even if Crawford is dealt with, we probably won't even know or hear about it.

I've never said GS could beat Dallas in a 7 game series. They could take it 7, but not win. They'd make them work for their first round series victory. That's all I've said. But everyone translates that into me thinking GS could beat Dallas.

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Difference between homers and fans confident about their own team: Homers say the other team has no chance in hell (95% of Dallas fans on this forum) Fans confident about their team think their team will win, but think the other team could win as well.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Probably and I hope to god that the Spurs are waiting there for them.
Im pretty sure they will be

SAtown
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
GS 1-4 DAL

LAL 2-4 PHX

DEN 1-4 SA

HOU 4-3 UTAH

If there were to be an upset, it would probably be Houston over Utah.

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
It's had it's day of talk and everything has been said from "Crawford is an asshole" to "Crawford doesn't like the Spurs". It is getting repetitive and old. The only thing that can happen now is to see if the NBA takes action against Tim Duncan for his comments, and Joey Crawford for the bizarre ejection in a high caliber game. Even if Crawford is dealt with, we probably won't even know or hear about it.

I've never said GS could beat Dallas in a 7 game series. They could take it 7, but not win. They'd make them work for their first round series victory. That's all I've said. But everyone translates that into me thinking GS could beat Dallas.

so who did you vote for then?

mabber
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
GS 1-4 DAL

LAL 2-4 PHX

DEN 1-4 SA

HOU 4-3 UTAH

If there were to be an upset, it would probably be Houston over Utah.

This looks about right.

kskonn
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I think the Rockets.

I also think that GS will win one of the first 2 games in Dallas, that will in turn light a fire under dallas and they will win the series in five. I think every game will be fun to watch but I just really don't see GS being a problem for the Mavs, espicially when they game plan for them every game.