View Full Version : Carlisle's Press Conference

2pac
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
3 Suspensions
Tinsley hurt is wrist and is out - X-rays negative
I think he said Pollard is out as well.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
The Pacers will only have six players available to play tonight.

Eddie Gill
Fred Jones
James Jones
Austin Croshere
David Harrison
John Edwards

Pollard and Tinsley will dress to make the league minimum, but are too hurt to play. (Tinsley hurt his wrist in the melee)

pooh
11-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Pollard is out due to his back, he's having spasms.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Artest, JO and Jack on suspension.
Foster, Johnson and Miller on IR
Bender, Pollard and Tinsley hurt and unavailable. (though 2 will dress)

So it's just those six.

Damn they are screwed.

pooh
11-20-2004, 07:03 PM
This is either going to pull them together or rip 'em apart literally. Tonight's game will NOT be pretty. Orlando will more than likely win by 25 or so.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 07:03 PM
You forgot to mention Carlisle's parting comment:

"I didn't know someone was going to be filming everything we do!"

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:04 PM
"I didn't know someone was going to be filming everything we do!"

:lol

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Carlisle handled it well though. At least he didn't put all the blame on Wallace or the fans. And his comment about "well we won't have to worry about people complaining about playing time" was funny.

2pac
11-20-2004, 07:09 PM
So if you are Orlando, you hope that Battie and Croshere get into a scrap? Double ejection, and no bench for Indiana. :lol

pooh
11-20-2004, 07:11 PM
if you're the ref, you let them play...to some extent on the Pacers front. otherwise they game will be called by the second quarter. It will be intersting what kind of reception the Indy fans will give the team tonight and how teams where ever they travel for the rest of the season as well. how loud will the "boos" be at the SBC in january?

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
will be intersting what kind of reception the Indy fans will give the team tonight

Well considering the stupid Pacers fans went to the airport to "show their support" of their thugs, I'm sure they will be treated fine. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:14 PM
if you're the ref, you let them play...to some extent on the Pacers front

The refs have to call the game exactly the same as normal. They can't accomodate the Pacers for misbehaving.

pooh
11-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Well considering the stupid Pacers fans went to the airport to "show their support" of their thugs, I'm sure they will be treated fine. :rolleyes

If it had been the Spurs who had done that, would you have been at the airport?

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 07:18 PM
No.

And the point is probably moreso, the Spurs wouldn't have done it.

2pac
11-20-2004, 07:23 PM
No.

And the point is probably moreso, the Spurs wouldn't have done it.

Yeah, DRob, Cummings and Avery would have just busted a cap and been done with it back in the day. That legacy continues.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-20-2004, 07:47 PM

your putting all the blame on them?

RobinsontoDuncan
11-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, DRob, Cummings and Avery would have just busted a cap and been done with it back in the day. That legacy continues.

too bad they dont make em like they used too :smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
If it had been the Spurs who had done that, would you have been at the airport?

Well you would never see the Spurs do something so fucking stupid, so it's a moot point.

Throw the book at Indy. Long suspensions, without pay, loss of draft picks, and pooh taking it up the rear from Stephen A. Smith.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, to be fair, the Spurs do have a legacy.

The Spurs-Nets brawl in game 4 of the 1976 ABA Semi-Finals was much worse in terms of actual player fighting than that pussy-fest between Artest and Wallace.

San Antonio and the Nets last met in a playoff series in 1976, with Erving's Nets beating Gervin's Spurs in seven games.

As both players recalled, the series included a bench-clearing brawl in Game 4. As the story goes, New York's Rich Jones -- a former Spurs captain who was among several players on both teams who had been traded for one another in previous seasons -- bloodied four different Spurs before order was restored. Fourteen players were fined a total of $2,200 for the fight.

I wasn't there and there's only limited video, but by all accounts that was a flat-out war on the court.

So yes last night was bad, but only in a relative sense because what we will tolerate has changed.

Link (http://i.tsn.com/nba/articles/20030604/476862.html)

adidas11
11-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Fvck that Aggie, they should throw the book at the Pistons.

Closed stadium games for the next 5 home games. That will teach the Piston fans a thing or two, and it will hit the Pistons right in their pocket book.

ducks
11-20-2004, 07:55 PM
closing home games would be diffiicult for visting players
they are used to playing in front of people
I do not like that idea
I think ticket sales and food sales be given to the nba for 5 games are in order though

exstatic
11-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Uh, last night was also different because players weren't going after players, they were going after FANS. Big difference in the league's eyes. I normally don't even care about player/player scraps, and they don't make this kind of headlines.

adidas11
11-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Yes, it would be weird Ducks for the visiting players. But that is not the purpose of the punishment. The punishment is intended for the Detroit Pistons, and their fans. As the team, they are responsible for stadium security, and keeping the fans in line. The players have to be protected.

What if the fan threw something else besides a cup of beer?

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Uh, last night was also different because players weren't going after players, they were going after FANS. Big difference in the league's eyes. I normally don't even care about player/player scraps, and they don't make this kind of headlines.

Then one could equally argue that the difference between last night and 1976 was that back then none of the fans were stupid enough to throw something at one the players.

If one had back then, the players would have gone into the stands and made last night look like an elementary school skirmish.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Why the fuck should the Pistons be forced to pay because a lone fan threw some refreshment on Artest and Artest is not sane enough to control himself?

Dumb idea.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Also, Artest was laying on the scorer's table acting like an idiot. No excuses, that show last night began and ended with him.

emmo
11-20-2004, 08:15 PM
if Jax get's suspended for the rest of the year(possible), he just lost part of that contract he worked so hard to get.

jackass.

pooh
11-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Also, Artest was laying on the scorer's table acting like an idiot. No excuses, that show last night began and ended with him.

Actually, Artest was talking to Pacers radio announcer Mark Boyle when the cup was thrown at him.

jcrod
11-21-2004, 12:00 AM

:rolleyes

Oh come on, now all of them are thugs. Artest is the only one, and maybe SJ. Nobody else is to blame, EXCEPT the FANS!

Give me a break with "well the SPURS will never do that". Nobody knows how or what they would do, untill they are put in that position.

Nodbody can say otherwise, if you do, its bullshit.

SequSpur
11-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Oneal, Artest and Jackson should be on Death Row.

baseline bum
11-21-2004, 01:42 AM
You're goddamn right I'd be showing my support for the Spurs like those Indy fans were at the airport. Even if the players were totally in the wrong I'd let them know my support was unconditional. The only unforgivable sin would be signing Karl Malone.

T Park
11-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Actually, Artest was talking to Pacers radio announcer Mark Boyle when the cup was thrown at him

you must have been listening to a different broadcast that i was listening to.

I flipped them on on my Sirius radio and didnt hear anything about talking with Artest.

They actually got cut off the air when Artest went up into the stands