PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan...

EastsBeasts
04-16-2007, 07:07 PM
:dramaquee

Who cares, Rasheed has it happen to him every other game.

J.T.
04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I wish Tim had thrown a chair or someshit, at least make the ejection mean something. I guess he can punch out Crawford with 4 rings on next season.

Skip Bayless
04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I guess he can punch out Crawford with 4 rings on next season.

is tim getting married or something?

Pistons < Spurs
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Tim was done wrong....but hell, Sheed was ejected from a PLAYOFF game for looking at Ron Garretson!

Leetonidas
04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
:dramaquee

What's your point? Rasheed getting ejected for looking at Ron Garretson was bullshit, and so was Tim Duncan getting ejected for laughing.

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
is tim getting married or something?
:lol

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Tim was done wrong....but hell, Sheed was ejected from a PLAYOFF game for looking at Ron Garretson!

the difference is that Rasheed is a black man.

SAtown
04-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I was going to start a thread like this in the Pistons forum, asking what you Detroit fans thought of all our bitching yesterday and today. I mean, you guys are full of this bullshit with Sheed and all... we get our star player thrown out TWICE in his career; the FIRST time, the league took back the ejection cuz of whatever reason, and expect the same result the SECOND time as well.

If you guys were half as bitchy as we are, well, you'd have half the amount of posts there are in the Spurs forum. :downspin:

Rip-Hamilton32
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
I was going to start a thread like this in the Pistons forum, asking what you Detroit fans thought of all our bitching yesterday and today. I mean, you guys are full of this bullshit with Sheed and all... we get our star player thrown out TWICE in his career; the FIRST time, the league took back the ejection cuz of whatever reason, and expect the same result the SECOND time as well.

If you guys were half as bitchy as we are, well, you'd have half the amount of posts there are in the Spurs forum. :downspin:

lol just cause you spurs fans think duncan is perfect :downspin:

duncan228
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
lol just cause you spurs fans think duncan is perfect :downspin:

Isn't he?

Rip-Hamilton32
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Isn't he?

no he misses alot of freethrows lol

Fromthebleachers
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
first of all theres is a level of professionalism that needs to be shown by both joe and tim. People are getting on tims side simply because hes the superstar for one, and two, people generally have zero respect for referees and the job that they do.

night in and night out, these guys get yelled at, cursed at and made fun of and we as fans and players dont think twice about it. in fact we lay it on thicker just because a few calls didn't work in our teams favor. Im not saying that joe was in the right, but he reacted out of emotion obviously and ejected tim for mocking him on the sidelines. Yes i get that tim was on the sidelines and yes he was only laughing, but he was doing so in a very demonstrative manner. Something that was unnecessary and was done to bring attention to himself and to show up an official. that was the first act of unprofessional ism. then joe took it personal and ejected tim.not saying whose wrong and whose right, but it seems that the refs is taking to much blame here and the athletes come out as the heroes. And they'll go on as always; questioning every single call; yelling obscenities just because they dont get their way. The reason that the new conduct rules were in place was to avoid this situation and now the NBA is back at square one. Show some respect to the guys that have the hardest jobs in sports.

and seriously, Duncan reacts to every single call, yet he maintains tht hes only said 3 words?? come on...well he at least got his wish. Its sad that every official is now going to have that looming over their heads after every questionable technical.

samikeyp
04-17-2007, 06:48 PM

and its wrong then too.

samikeyp
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
first of all theres is a level of professionalism that needs to be shown by both joe and tim. People are getting on tims side simply because hes the superstar for one, and two, people generally have zero respect for referees and the job that they do.

night in and night out, these guys get yelled at, cursed at and made fun of and we as fans and players dont think twice about it. in fact we lay it on thicker just because a few calls didn't work in our teams favor. Im not saying that joe was in the right, but he reacted out of emotion obviously and ejected tim for mocking him on the sidelines. Yes i get that tim was on the sidelines and yes he was only laughing, but he was doing so in a very demonstrative manner. Something that was unnecessary and was done to bring attention to himself and to show up an official. that was the first act of unprofessional ism. then joe took it personal and ejected tim.not saying whose wrong and whose right, but it seems that the refs is taking to much blame here and the athletes come out as the heroes. And they'll go on as always; questioning every single call; yelling obscenities just because they dont get their way. The reason that the new conduct rules were in place was to avoid this situation and now the NBA is back at square one. Show some respect to the guys that have the hardest jobs in sports.

and seriously, Duncan reacts to every single call, yet he maintains tht hes only said 3 words?? come on...well he at least got his wish. Its sad that every official is now going to have that looming over their heads after every questionable technica

And if it was a Maverick, you would want Crawford's head on a stick.

Does Duncan complain? Definetly but not over every single call and no more that a lot of superstars do.

Kobulingam
04-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Duncan vs. Crawford.

Best player in NBA vs. Most Fucked up Ref in NBA

What a fight that would be.

baseline bum
04-17-2007, 08:09 PM

In addition to when he was kicked from game 1 of the 2000 WCF for looking at Javie?

Fromthebleachers
04-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Best player in NBA...

hardly, thanks for playing though!

endrity
04-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Duncan complains a lot, but he does it respectfully most of the time. You are still allowed to talk to the refs. What Crawford did was stupid and there is no way around it. Plus mavs fans should be happy as well, this guy has never been on our good side either.

boutons_
04-18-2007, 10:03 AM
"he does it respectfully"

It's distracting to the fans, and I'm sure it distracts Tim.
He has a real problem with calls that can really affect his game.

endrity
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't know man, even when he gets in some foul trouble Duncan comes back and balls most of the time. He is just a good politician you know, plus a two time MVP. He has a lot of leverage to use. Probably Dirk will start doing it next year, you know the whole look "But I am Dirk Nowitzki, the reigning MVP, you can't call a foul on me".

nkdlunch
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
^ this man knows what he's talking about.

spursfan09
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM

and seriously, Duncan reacts to every single call, yet he maintains tht hes only said 3 words?? come on...well he at least got his wish. Its sad that every official is now going to have that looming over their heads after every questionable technical.

:rolleyes

Well obviously the league believes Duncan when he said he only said 3 words, and the suspension pretty much shows Joey was wrong. And I'm sure the next time a ref cuase tech it won't be becuase somebody was laughing, so don't worry about whether or not the refs will have that looming over thier head.

spursfan09
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
hardly, thanks for playing though!

He wasn't playing like the best player in the reg season, but history has shown that Tim can turn it on and be the best player in the playoffs.

Fromthebleachers
04-18-2007, 06:15 PM
He wasn't playing like the best player in the reg season, but history has shown that Tim can turn it on and be the best player in the playoffs.
Hes one of the most efficient. That, ill give him.