PDA

View Full Version : james white kobe good?

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 08:46 PM
lmao....ya this may be crazy but...this kid has more athletic ability than kobe did comin in the league...he just needs alot and i mean alot of playin time...he does have a nice jumper to compliment his slashin ability which is so surprising

ChumpDumper
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
He's like six years older than Kobe when he entered the league.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
lmao....ya this may be crazy but...this kid has more than kobe did comin in the league...he just needs alot and i mean alot of playin time...he does have a nice jumper to compliment his slashin ability which is so surprising

Not trying to bust your balls but there have been a ton guys with more athletic ability then kobe come into the nba and leave just as fast.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-16-2007, 08:50 PM
?????? Ramonce Taylor has more atheletic talents than Kobe Bryant, but you don't see his 5-10 windmill dunking ass in the nba do you

Phil Hellmuth
04-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Being Athletic is everything.

regards,

Darius Miles

mardigan
04-16-2007, 08:52 PM
?????? Ramonce Taylor has more atheletic talents than Kobe Bryant, but you don't see his 5-10 windmill dunking ass in the nba do you
No but you will in the NFL next year

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 08:53 PM
ya but its not like kobe was dominant right away....he just got alot of playing time..and he played with a dominant big...same that white can do...white has all the potential in the world to be a great player..he wont learn....he is doing quite well for his first start without playing with any offensive player who brings attention...

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 08:55 PM

regards,

Darius Miles

if darius miles was ever put on the spurs he would have flourished...manu and tony need a playmaker off the wing...thats the thing the spurs have been missing since they have had dominque wilkins

Vinnie_Johnson
04-16-2007, 08:56 PM

regards,

Darius Miles

:lol I was thinking the same thing.

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 08:58 PM
darius didnt have pop...

Fabbs
04-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Most athletic player to not make the NBA candidate.
Perhaps ever?

Joey Johnson, younger brother of NBA Champion Seattle Sonic/Boton Celt Dennis Johnson.

51 inch vertical leap. It's not a made up figure. Junior College team won title. Went to Arizona State U after that. Had 18 points in one half (i know lots of players have done that I'm just showing his potential.) Track n field coach got ahold of him. Senior year he may have skipped hoop, either way did do track n field. Won high jump setting NCAA record (since broken).

From what I am told he did go to several NBA camps (no doubt Dennis helped arrange), but could never master the mid range jumper and never played a minute of NBA hoop.

Kori he is from L.A., did you ever hear of his legend?

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
ya yall are bringing up these players who can jump out of the roof but cant shoot...james white has a pretty solid jumper...miles didnt have a jumper from downtown..

mardigan
04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Ever heard of Harold Minor? He was pretty athletic as well

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
more like MJ good

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
James White's J looks good in this game and by all indicators he's improving. But it's pretty premature to say that he has a good jumper. He is an amazing athlete, but if he sticks in the league he'll have to work hard, consistently hit his J and play D.

Nevertheless, I like seeing JWhite and JButler getting some playing time.

Next Superstar
04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
ya yall are bringing up these players who can jump out of the roof but cant shoot...james white has a pretty solid jumper...miles didnt have a jumper from downtown..

Wheres the evidence of this solid jumper?

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
ok not as much a nice jumper...but i kno when i see a solid stroke and i have seen him hit a couple of tough shots...im just sayin spurs cant let him get away not yet...he has to be back next year and he needs alot of pt in the summer and next season...consider him an offseason accusition..but maybe he will get some pt

timvp
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
White has done nothing but impress in his time on the court. Tonight his defense was superb and his offense was pretty damn good too. It looks like there's a pretty decent chance that he has an NBA future.

That said, there's still a ways to go. He needs to bulk up and prove that he can consistently knock down a jumper.

But so far, there's nothing to complain about. He's played a lot better than I suspected he would :tu

T Park
04-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Hit the weight room, hit the gym with England.

You tell me how you keep him out of the rotation next year?

Hell at the very least, you gotta keep him as your 4th guard.

Clutch20
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Hasn't White's learniing curve been a little steeper and quicker than anticipated?
Seems like he's adjusting.

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
if spurs win it all..bye bye finley...and maybe bye bye bowen...he can seriously get pt if he busts his ass and plays so good that it doesnt matter what veteran is on the the team u just have to put him on the floor

SpursFanInAustin
04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
if spurs win it all..bye bye finley...and maybe bye bye bowen...he can seriously get pt if he busts his ass and plays so good that it doesnt matter what veteran is on the the team u just have to put him on the floor

I think Barry would go before Finley. And Bruce ain't goin nowhere. Our D would return to 2001 WCFs status if Bowen leaves and White replaces him.

coachmac87
04-16-2007, 09:51 PM
bowens d has been on the decline...and plus he is not a good pick and roll defender...spurs should cut the bs and get maggette our athletic swing adventure would be over

kskonn
04-16-2007, 11:14 PM
not maggette again... Besides according to Parker bowen has one more year.

wildbill2u
04-16-2007, 11:49 PM
White has surprised some and made cultists of others. I see no harm in giving him more playing time if he continues to surprise--because at some time the surprise will give way to either expectation or reality.

I suppose the question will be whether he's earned more playing time this year in the playoffs or for next year. He's still a rookie with very limited game experience so Pop may be hesitant to put him into playoff games if anything is on the line.

spurs1990
04-17-2007, 01:25 AM
For those of you who got to see the game, can ya'll describe the dunk White had in the memphis game - was it ferocious, acrobatic, or just a runofthemill version?

cambrad
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Nice thread spurs fans.

I mean we don't make threads like this about our good players.