PDA

View Full Version : Pop has bigger picture

RussN
04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Seeing what Pop did tonight shows that the Spurs have the bigger picture in mind. I think Avery (a great coach, and hopefully eventually a Spurs coach), may have a little of that to learn. What happens if Derk rolls on of those weak ankles like in the past yesterday? All that tough play through the year for nothing? We'll see what Avery does in Golden State and Seattle, but if he is smart he will take a lesson from Pop on this one, and sit some of his big play guys.

xfycox
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I hope dirk does more then roll his ankle..

SpursFanFirst
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I think part of his reasoning for playing them last night was a pride thing and not wanting to lose to the Spurs?
If that's the case, how do you think he'll feel about losing to the Warriors???

RussN
04-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I think part of his reasoning for playing them last night was a pride thing and not wanting to lose to the Spurs?
If that's the case, how do you think he'll feel about losing to the Warriors???

I totally agree with you. I definatly know he didn't want to lose to the Spurs. We didn't want to lose to them either. We had...key word had, something to play for ie. 2nd seed. The mavs did not. Avery could throw the Coach of the Year 07 trophy in the urinal in the locker room if one of his starters gets hurt in the 4th quarter of the game yesterday.

Melmart1
04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I hope dirk does more then roll his ankle..
why the hell would you wish that?! that's messed up.

td4mvp21
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Avery will probably rest his starters the last two games of the season, just like Pop did. If he doesn't, then hopefully he won't have to learn the hard way. It's not likely that a star player get injured during the last games of the season anyway-they are usually fairly mild I think.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
speaking of which, i love how hard the suns are trying in a meaningless game against the rockets. nash and amare are playing in the 4th quarter

d'antoni blows

cheguevara
04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Pop has been there done that. Avery and dantoni still don't know what it takes to win a championship.

xfycox
04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
why the hell would you wish that?! that's messed up.

because I am a very evil girl..and I don't like him much..at all.. and just..yeah..

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Pop has been there done that. Avery and dantoni still don't know what it takes to win a championship.

What I want to know is how Pop (and Duncan, Avery, Robinson, etc.) won their first title in 1999?

After all, according to some Spurs fans, the only way you can win a title is if you've already won one and "know what it takes".

ThomasGranger
04-16-2007, 09:49 PM
What I want to know is how Pop (and Duncan, Avery, Robinson, etc.) won their first title in 1999?

After all, according to some Spurs fans, the only way you can win a title is if you've already won one and "know what it takes".

Time travel.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Time travel.

:lol Thanks for keepin a light attitude about it. Don't see much of that around here.

:toast

RussN
04-16-2007, 09:58 PM

The Mavs know what it takes to win a championship, they just haven't done it yet. Every Spurs fan that isn't trying to piss other people off in these forums knows that they should respect the Mavs, and a lot of other teams in the league. This is going to be an awesome playoffs (for all the teams involved) and I can't wait to be there, those playoff priority tickets are going to pay off this year, even if I am in Club 200.

ThomasGranger
04-16-2007, 10:02 PM
:lol Thanks for keepin a light attitude about it. Don't see much of that around here.

:toast

You caught me on a good night. Pop got to rest his starters and a couple of scrubs looked a lot more promising than they did before.

But, yeah, a lot of people take this shit waaaay too seriously.

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
That is the difference between the Mavs/Suns, and the Spurs. The Mavs/Suns are still playing for pride...They both have over 60 wins too.

The Spurs on the other hand, are content with 58 wins, and are sitting Manu, Tim, and Tony tonight. Smart move.

It's been obvious for a little while now that the Spurs are ready for the playoffs.

By the way, if it weren't for Crawford, Spurs would be only 1 game behind Phoenix. They just lost to Houston.

SpursDynasty
04-16-2007, 10:07 PM

That's easy. The 1999 playoffs began the post-Jordan era. It was anyone's championship that year.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
That's easy. The 1999 playoffs began the post-Jordan era. It was anyone's championship that year.

you really need to re-read what Dub asked