PDA

View Full Version : Crawford pled guilty to FRAUD

Man of Steel
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Tim Duncan Ejected From Mavs Game
Sunday, April 15th 2007
Sports • Spurs

Complaining about referees is typical business for any sports fan. But this is ridiculous.

Joey Crawford has just thrown Tim Duncan out of an important end season game in the third quarter. I’m sitting here trying to study with the Spurs-Mavericks game on, and one of the most blatant abuses of power I’ve ever seen wielded by an NBA ref just occurred. (addition: Tim Duncan’s ejection ended up costing the Spurs the game)

Some background information for the non-NBA fans.

Joey Crawford is the angriest referee in the NBA. He gives the most technicals in the NBA. (He’s also an admitted felon)
Tim Duncan is one of the most respected, most courteous, least “T’d up” starters in the NBA.

This Ejection Is Bad Karma Mark Cuban
I’d Be Scared Come Playoff Time

Two technicals in a game = ejection. No one watching from home can say if Tim Duncan deserved his first technical. But he clearly did not deserve his second. A few possessions after Tim’s first technical a Spurs player is called for a foul in front of the Spurs bench. Tim and Robert Horry start laughing . He clearly says nothing. The only thing I can postulate is that demented old Joey Crawford thinks Tim is showing him up by laughing and gives him a second technical. Tim is gone.

It was bad enough watching the ejection in real time, but Tim’s post game account of his interaction with Crawford is worse:

“[Joey Crawford] looked at me and said, `Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?’‘’ Duncan said. “If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don’t have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, `Do you want to fight?”’

“He came into the game with a personal vendetta against me,'’ said Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two blocks in his limited action. “It had to be because I didn’t do anything the entire game. I said three words to him and the three words were, ‘I got fouled’ on a shot. … That’s all I said to him the entire game.'’

Watch some of Tim’s tamer post game comments

I have two positions:

Joey Crawford needs to be suspended for several games…probably the entire playoffs
If Tim Duncan faces further consequences, for failing to leave the court in a timely manner or having “choice words” for Joey Crawford, it will be a serious blow to the integrity of the league
You can read on for why I think such.

The referees have a lot of leeway in giving out technicals. The situations and actions which can earn you one go beyond merely mouthing off.

But there is NO WAY that the NBA and Stu Jackson can justify this act. Post game Crawford described what happened as such,

“I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he’s still complaining. So I threw him out.'’

Which is clear bullshit by the video. Such a description of the events, when video will show otherwise, certainly makes you think that Crawford was perhaps merely grossly negligent rather than maliciously targeting Tim. That should merely save Crawford his job, and temper his punishment down to a suspension for the playoffs.

Some local media is sounding the same tune as this post. And the Austin American Statesman even has a column already up about it (I suppose it’ll run tomorrow),

Who cares about Oscar de la Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr.? This is a boxing promoter’s pay per view dream. Youthful NBA all-star meets grizzled, veteran ref who resembles Judge Mills Lane.

Let’s get it on!

Duncan has nine technical fouls in 80 games. Three have come courtesy of Crawford. Duncan believes Crawford has a personal vendetta and said he only said three words to Crawford the whole game.

It wasn’t Rasheed Wallace complaining. It was Tim Duncan, a labrador retriever compared to Sheed’s pit-bull-like tirades. It may be time to tone down the rabbit ears, Joey. I’ve met seedless grapes with thicker skin.

The local San Antonio paper has the non-wire piece up they’ll be running tomorrow, but no op/ed yet.

What is stunning, and I think I can step away from Spurs’ fandom to make this statement objectively, is the lack of coverage in the national media. True Slam picked up on it *rolls eyes*. They want Don King to be part of the Western Conference Finals.

But Sports Center, ESPN.com, and CNNSI.com all have abysmal coverage of this so far. Even NBA TV spent more time covering the last minute of the Mavs - Spurs game (when the Mavs finally took the lead) than they did The Big Fundamental’s second NBA ejection ever.

Not a single outlet has picked up video of Duncan’s incredibly inflammatory post game comments. They’re not on NBA.com, NBA TV, Sports Center. They’re not on any national venue.

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. But I also don’t think that I’m being biased in imagining this as a bigger story than the coverage it has been granted so far. Oh well, maybe there’ll be more on it by the end of tomorrow. The columnists will be back at work, PTI will give it 60 seconds, Around the Horn will have Cowlishal shouting how Tim deserved to be ejected. Something to look forward to.

*UPDATE*
Okay, the media is picking up the pace. If you want to pay for ESPN Insider Marc Stein has a column up.

On ESPN.com the “Daily Dime” (the roundup of the day’s NBA) mentions the ejection only in a photo caption.

Over at Yahoo! Sports there’s a column now up from Adrian Wojnarowski. I think we’ll get some good mileage out of this as the day grows older. I guess the sports recap shows just didn’t want to show Duncan’s diatribe.

Back to the issue at hand, there is at least some history to give us hope that Crawford will get slap down from the league.

In 1995 one of the NBA’s most experienced refs was suspended for the rest of the playoffs after speculation of a feud between him and Clyde Drexler, who he ejected from an early round game.

[Drexler’s ejection] occurred after O’Donnell refused to shake hands at the tipoff with Drexler. Rumors swirled that O’Donnell had a feud with Drexler, and league officials certainly thought something was amiss because they suspended O’Donnell for the rest of the 1995 playoffs and wouldn’t allow him to work the 1995 NBA Finals, ending a string of 23 consecutive appearances.

Call me pessimitic. Despite the example of Jake O’Donnel, I think Spurs fans are likely to get decidedly less than Crawford’s suspension for the playoffs.

One of the problems with the NBA, and all of professional sports, is a lack of transparency. The NBA rarely admits to the fans that a bad call was made. As well, Joey Crawford, although this speaks nothing to his “skills” or his performance, is one of the most experienced NBA officials. It should surprise no one if his length of service grants him great leeway of action.

The fans get a lot of hollow reassurances about how the NBA has the best refs in the world, has a nifty review and critiquing process, does discipline refs, does take bad calls seriously, and is always trying to improve the way games are refereed. Until they open up the process though, at least a little bit, that talk and those reassurances are all basically for not. That won’t happen obviously, because the lack of transparency achieves one of its primary goals admirably - by not keeping the event in the spotlight, fans’ outrage with obvious mistakes quickly wanes. Without fan outrage there is no financial consequence. And without a financial consequence, the way the NBA referee fraternity is managed will never be public knowledge. Which is sad.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Stu Jackson went so far as to defend Crawford’s actions.

In the worst case (ed: which is looking more and more likely) Duncan may get further punishment from Stu Jackson and the NBA for not leaving the floor in a timely manner and having some “choice words” for Joey Crawford. There’s a lot of speculation around the internet right now over just what Tim said on the court, see here and here. By Crawford’s account, in the AP piece, Tim called him a “piece of shit” while leaving the court.

In a typical scenario all of Tim’s comments, and the time he took leaving the court, would certainly draw a fine and likely a suspension.

That would not only be a mistake, but a disgusting decision on the part of the NBA front office. Post hoc analysis of player actions which occur as a consequence of willful (and that is the key word, this wasn’t a missed foul or something) and negligent officiating, MUST put less weight on those actions. Basically: Duncan’s slowness in leaving the court MUST count less because of the flagrant absurdness of the choice to make him leave.

That logic in no way calls for an uneven administration of the league’s rules. That logic in no way opens the league to anarchy. That logic in no way sublimates the authority of the referees so much as to make the game dangerous.

As said, if we’re lucky and Joey Crawford does face some consequences, it will be behind closed doors (as has happened in the past), and we’ll never know if it was appropriate.

This is a referee whose use of technical fouls almost certainly falls well to the right on normal distribution. So much so that his outlier status may actually be said to challenge the integrity of the game itself.

This is a referee who challenged a player to a fight on the court.

Tim Duncan has spent nine seasons developing his reputation as the most courteous, respectful, truthful, even keeled star in the NBA. He certainly deserves to be able to cash in some of that now so that his accusations against Joey Crawford (as bizarre as they are) are taken completely and utterly seriously. What I mean is Duncan’s allegation that Crawford challenged him to a fight deserves more weight than any denial Crawford comes forth with.

And short of a denial, no reason Crawford comes up with, no tale of misunderstanding he weaves, can excuse him in challenging Duncan to a fight.

This is a referee who is also a convicted felon.

Joe Crawford, a former National Basketball Association referee, was sentenced to six months of house arrest and three years’ probation yesterday for Federal income tax fraud.

Crawford, 47, apologized at his sentencing in United States District Court. Crawford, an N.B.A. official for 21 years, pleaded guilty July 1 to one count of tax fraud. He resigned the same day.

He was almost immediately reinstated by Commissioner David Stern. What a shame.
Now, in speculating on how the NBA should respond it is proper not only to consider the nature of Crawford’s act, but the consequences of the act as well. A bad call in the first game of the season has less impact than Crawford’s call in this game and there’s no reason we should get all metaphysical and deny simple cause and effect relationships here. We can assign consequences to Crawford throwing Tim Duncan out, it really is as simple as that, and going further we should take those consequences into consideration when judging what sort of remedy the NBA needs to pursue.

And the consequences might be grave. Despite the AP’s summary of the loss…

[The Spurs] have only themselves to blame, going without a field goal the last 6:32, missing nine straight shots, and not scoring any points over the last 4:17.

… it is obvious that it is very, very likely that the Spurs wouldn’t have gone without a point the last 4 minutes if Duncan was available. No, I can’t announce any absolutes when playing “what if.” However, that is by no means a fatal flaw in this line of thinking. Spurs’ fans need only to be able to speak in general probabilities.

Clearly Duncan’s wrongful dismissal contributes some reasonably quantifiable percentage to this loss and all that might come to pass as a result of this loss.

This loss guarantees that the Spurs will be the #3 seed in the Western Conference playoffs and likely face the Denver Nuggets, the team with the current longest winning streak, in the first round.

There should be a serious financial consequence for Joey Crawford. At a minimum Crawford should be suspended for the entire playoffs.

I will be disgusted if Stu Jackson or David Stern try to defend this ejection.

Trackback
del.icio.us reddit
3 Comments on “Tim Duncan Ejected From Mavs Game”
1Lademore said:

Duncan’s ejection is the most egregious abuse of power I have ever witnessed in an NBA game. It is a travesty. This ref should be CANNED!

April 16th, 2007 at 12:16 am 2kevin said:

Tim Duncan deserved what he got. He is one of the worst complainers in the league for not getting calls his way. He was acting immature and abnoxious and everyone can see what was happening. Spurs fans, shut up. Its about time this happend. Oh and stop saying this was an important game because you won’t catch the suns.

April 16th, 2007 at 5:21 pm 3Joyce Harris said:

Why should Joey Crawford–a man who knowingly can not control his temper; have the opportunity to officiate during the playoffs? Maybe he should spend this time enrolled in another anger management class–and learn a bit about “sportsmanship.”

Joey Crawford is a disgrace to the NBA. He should be fired!

April 16th, 2007 at 6:24 pm

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Older than Jesus riding a dinosaur.

Man of Steel
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry for the extra thread--

But I did not want this one to get lost in the other thread.

This is a fucking gem that I found...

Joey Crawford--Fraud--IN HIS OWN WORDS:

Joe Crawford Joe Crawford
Former NBA referee

•The four-year IRS investigation

•Waiting for sentencing

•Maintaining integrity

•Hope for the future

“The only time in the four-year process that I felt good is when I was reffing. Other than that, it was constantly on my mind.”
As of presstime, 10 current or former NBA referees have been charged with filing false income tax returns. All have either resigned their positions or are on leave pending the outcome of their investigations. Former NBA referee Joe Crawford, who pleaded guilty in July to filing false income tax returns, will face sentencing Oct. 2. In this exclusive interview, Crawford discusses how the four-year investigation has taken its toll on him.

Referee: How did you first hear about the investigation?
Crawford: The revenue agents actually knocked on my door at home. They wanted to talk to me about the plane ticket situation. They wanted to know about different specifics of what I did with the airline moneys as an NBA employee for the years 1989-93. They asked if they could talk to me and I let them in. We sat down and discussed the airline situation and what I did — specifics. It was totally out of the blue. When you are not a criminal you don’t expect something like that. I let them in, started talking and made some monumental mistakes.
Referee: What kind of mistakes?
Crawford: I just should have said, “See you later,” and gone and got an attorney. Instead, we started talking about specifics and they used that stuff against me later. I made the mistake of making money on my airline tickets and not putting it on my W2. That’s the case in a nutshell.
Referee: What happened next?
Crawford: They started investigating and they subpoena everything you have. They can do whatever they want to do. They checked everything that I ever had — every bank, every checking account. I never thought it was a crime.
Referee: When did the realization that this was criminal hit you?
Crawford: At the end of the investigation they deem whether the case is civil, which means you can just go in and pay your money, or they deem it criminal. They deemed what I did criminal on the basis that I submitted receipts to my employer. I should have just made the money, put it on my W2 and gone about my business. Did I think it was criminal? No. If I thought it was criminal, I would never in a million years have done that to my family and myself.
Referee: Why did you do it?
Crawford: In our collective bargaining agreement, it reads that we can make money on our plane tickets. I made the mistake of not putting it on my W2. If the government deems me to be a criminal — and I’ve already pleaded guilty to the charges — then so be it. I’ve already paid around $90,000 in legal fees. If I would have taken it to court to fight them, I would have paid another $150,000 in legal fees. If I lost the case, the $150,000 is out the window and I would go to prison. It’s like rolling the dice. I have two kids that I still have to educate. I want to take that $150,000 and educate those kids. I would rather bet my money on (NBA commissioner) David Stern than go to court.
Referee: What do you mean?
Crawford: I’m hoping David Stern shows compassion to me and my fellow officials, and I’m hoping he allows us the opportunity to referee again.
Referee: What was going through your mind through the course of the investigation?
Crawford: I was in a constant state of — I don’t know how the hell to say it — I guess the word is fear. The only time in the four-year process that I felt good is when I was reffing. Other than that, it was constantly on my mind. I went to bed with it on my mind, I woke up with it on my mind. It took them two years to notify me whether my case was criminal or civil. Then it took them another two years to decide what they were going to do. The process was absurd. It was long, tedious; it worked on my mind. It worked on my family’s mind. To be real honest with you, I’m glad it’s over. I shouldn’t say it’s over. That’s probably the wrong thing. It’s over the day I walk back on the floor. If I never referee again, it will not be over. I will die with that on my head. I now have this next hurdle, October 2, when I have to go in front of the judge, which is going to be a very difficult day. I just have to hope that my employer brings me back.
___Refereeing is my life and I’ve wanted to do it ever since I was 13 years old. When you get something like that taken away from you, it hurts. It was a mistake and I don’t think I am a criminal. I know what kind of person I am and most of the people in the league know what kind of person I am. I’m banking on the commissioner giving us our jobs back.
Referee: What was your reaction when you found out they were going to pursue it criminally?
Crawford: That was one of the worst days of my life. The next-worst day of my life was the day that I actually had to plead. My family was in the courtroom. That was bad. The third-worst day is coming October 2. Hopefully there will be good results from that. I have cooperated and I pleaded guilty and I told them I am not going to pursue it anymore. I’m just hoping the judge shows mercy on me. He’s getting letters and things like that from different people in the community saying what type of guy I am. I hope it works to my advantage. After that, I hope the commissioner gives us our jobs back. I have ups and downs. Every day is different. I just try to keep myself occupied, but it’s that dull pain that’s there all the time. I know that day is coming. It has been this way for four years. Like I said, it’s not going to be over until I walk on the floor and I hope that happens.
Referee: What if it doesn’t, Joe?
Crawford: What if it doesn’t? (pause) Then I am going to have to live with this for the rest of my life. I’m going to have to get a job and I’m going to have to go on with my life. It’s not going to be what I want, because I want to be on the floor. It’s tough for me to envision not being a part of refereeing because it has been a part of my life since I was born. It’s very difficult.
Referee: How has the scandal affected your personal life? What kind of impact has it had on your family and friends?
Crawford: They are very upset. I didn’t steal from a bank and I didn’t steal from the needy. The people I stole from were my wife and kids. That’s what upsets me more than anything. I put them through this. I put them through the mental torture and the financial burden of this and that to me is the toughest part.
___I have had some people who don’t know what to say to me. It’s like you have cancer and they don’t know what to say to you, but most of the people in the community, my family, friends and relatives have been phenomenal. I have gotten more than 200 letters, phone calls, all kinds of things from family and friends and it is amazing the compassion that people have when you go through something like this. It really is amazing. You’ve just got to fight through it. That’s all you can do.
Referee: Can a person be a convicted felon and still have the integrity to be a good referee?
Crawford: Absolutely. There are different types of convicted felons. You are not talking about a child molester here or a murderer; it’s absurd. I wish I could have just paid the money back. I’d pay whatever they want, but the government doesn’t work that way. I had to accept the system the way it is and I had to go about my business. I have to hope that the judge shows compassion and gives me a light sentence and I have to hope David Stern gives me my job back. That’s really it in a nutshell.
___I am not going to worry about what fans think because if their team is losing and I just made a call against them, they call me every name in the book as it is, so they might as well add one to it. I have enough integrity that I don’t worry about stuff like that. Did I make a mistake and not put those dollars on my W2? Yes. I have already admitted that. I have admitted it in a court of law. But I am not a cheating referee. David Stern knows that and the coaches and players in this league know it. I am the same person. The IRS knocked on my door one day and now four years later I’m the convicted felon, but I’m the same person, the same guy. I am not going to do anything to jeopardize the integrity of the game. I would never do that in a million years.
Referee: Do you think the scandal has jeopardized the general perception of the integrity of all officials?
Crawford: A moron would think that, but most morons think we cheat anyway, that we cheat for the home team, that we cheat for the superstar. That’s all bulls---. It has always been bulls---. In every clinic I go to I say, “You have to stop listening to broadcasters; you have to stop listening to all that s---. We do not cheat.” Many aren’t going to believe it. They think we cheat anyway. That’s from the beginning of time.
Referee: Was the tax situation ever a topic of conversation with the other referees in the lockerroom?
Crawford: No. Maybe at lunch or something like that, but business was business. You’d say, “Listen, we are not talking about that s---” in the room because the game is the game. In our crew through those four years, I can’t remember a time that we actually did talk about it. I am not saying that we didn’t talk about it at lunch, but I can’t remember a time we talked about it in the dressing room.
Referee: Did it affect your officiating?
Crawford: Some of our younger guys have been affected because I may have been too preoccupied. Maybe I didn’t give those younger referees some information after a game. Something may have happened in a game and I saw it and said, “I want to talk about that after the game.” But you get in the lockerroom and all of a sudden that freaking head of yours goes right back to that IRS thing. You get back to the hotel and you’re watching the game tape and your head is on that freaking case. In normal situations you’re talking refereeing and you’re thinking refereeing 24 hours a day. Some of the younger guys have suffered because I may not have been able to help them with a certain play. It really p----- me off.
Referee: Did it ever enter your head during a ballgame?
Crawford: I worked so freaking hard at that aspect of just going out on the freaking floor and saying, “Joe, work the (damn) game. Joe, work the (damn) game. Joe, work the (damn) game.” That’s what I kept saying to myself. Can I honestly say that it didn’t enter my head? No I can’t.
Referee: Were you as good a referee the last four years as you were before that?
Crawford: Yes. It made me concentrate better. I kept saying to myself, “The game, the game, the game.” In those four years I could have been in a little better shape. I always like to ride the bike the day of the game and then work the game but I was getting away from that. Hopefully when I get back, I will be able to get back into the swing of things.
Referee: Did you know going into the NBA Finals last season that those were going to be your last games?
Crawford: Yes.
Referee: What were you thinking during those games?
Crawford: I worked game two and game five. It was almost like I was saying, “Boy, I hope there’s a seventh game,” because I think I had a crack at the seventh game. With me, it’s like the season’s over a week and I want to work again. That’s my problem. This is extremely difficult for me. For me to miss any time is extremely difficult.
Referee: What was going through your mind as you walked off the court after game five?
Crawford: I’m thinking, “I hope David Stern is a compassionate guy.” I’d start wondering, “Is it the last time I’m going to be at this hotel?” All the weird little stuff. Putting on my shoes … just weird stuff that I never thought I’d think about until I got to my late 50s when I was going to think about hanging them up. It wasn’t a great feeling, to be real honest with you. I was angry. I go through different things. I am angry at myself for being a moron. I have never been one to point fingers, I’m the one that did it. If I screw up a play, I screwed the play up. It wasn’t my partner’s fault. I am angry at myself. I am not angry at anybody else; I am not angry at the government; I am not angry at the lawyer; I am not angry at the judge. I’m angry at myself. I did it and it’s a mistake that I made, a big mistake. I just hope that it can be rectified.

Joe Crawford

“The only time in the four-year process that I felt good is when I was reffing. Other than that, it was constantly on my mind.”
BIO:
AGE, HOMETOWN, FAMILY: Born Aug. 30, 1951, in Philadelphia; since 1976 has lived in Havertown, Pa. Married to Mary since March 3, 1971; three children: Amy, 23; Megan, 20, and Erin, 18. Son of retired major league umpire Shag Crawford and brother of current major league umpire Jerry Crawford.
EDUCATION: Cardinal O’Hara High School, Springfield, Pa., (1969)
OCCUPATION: NBA referee (1977-1998); United States Postal Service mail carrier (1972-1975).
OFFICIATING: Basketball: Began officiating youth league basketball in 1970 at age 18 before moving on to high school games in 1972 and the Eastern League (later the Continental Basketball Association) in 1973; hired by the NBA at age 25 in 1977 where he has worked 22 Finals games and two All-Star games.
OTHER: Has coached girls’ (age 10-16) AAU basketball since 1990. Coaches girls’ basketball for various CYO and summer leagues.

SAtown
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
:lmao

I thought I read this on Wikipedia not too long ago (don't ask me why)

Shank
04-16-2007, 11:44 PM
All about the interpretation of the rules on page 40 of the NBA rulebook.

I really wish you fuckers would get over this already.

SAtown
04-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Why couldn't this be included in the other thread you made that has the exact same title? lol

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Alas, I really wish you knew how to quit this forum.

Shank
04-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Alas, I really wish you knew how to quit this forum.

You can wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

Fabbs
04-16-2007, 11:48 PM
While i don't advocate or encourage tax evasion, when you see the fraud that goes on with politicians spending of tax dollars i am not a harsh judge of those who attempt to reduce like this.

Latest dilly was 400 million??? of food for Katrina victims completely wasted due to incompetent storage plans.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 11:48 PM
I believe this (tax evasion/fraud charges) has been posted numerous times in many threads in the last 24 hours.

Nothing new here.

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Nah, I'll just watch you do the same with this forum.

ponky
04-16-2007, 11:50 PM
do you have a link to this blog? and why mention cuban? he had nothing to do with crawford who is a prick to everyone

SAtown
04-16-2007, 11:51 PM

I just don't see how you (Mavfan) can really make a difference in what we think on this forum (Spurstalk). How many times do you see Dirk get Ts or ejected for petty shit like Duncan? None, right? Now, put yourself in our position... We were trying to get 2nd seed, no matter how improbable it seemed. To get ejected on a Sunday afternoon when your trying to get HCA in the 2nd round while playing against your division/conference/biggest fucking rival in the NBA... well, you'd STFU now wouldn't you

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Ejecting a star player over laughing on the bench? That's belt high and right down the middle for Cuban. And yes, I was thinking baseball when I typed that last sentence...

ponky
04-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Ejecting a star player over laughing on the bench? That's belt high and right down the middle for Cuban. And yes, I was thinking baseball when I typed that last sentence...

yes jc robbed the spurs of an opportunity (NOT a guarantee) to get the second seed...explain, what does cuban have to do with what happened yesterday...or are you just projecting the hate to anything and everything you hate?

Shank
04-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I just don't see how you (Mavfan) can really make a difference in what we think on this forum (Spurstalk). How many times do you see Dirk get Ts or ejected for petty shit like Duncan? None, right? Now, put yourself in our position... We were trying to get 2nd seed, no matter how improbable it seemed. To get ejected on a Sunday afternoon when your trying to get HCA in the 2nd round while playing against your division/conference/biggest fucking rival in the NBA... well, you'd STFU now wouldn't you

Why worry about needing the win over the Mavs this late in the season when you could have bettered your chances with gimmes against the Celtics, Bucks or Pacers? Win 2/3 of those and Sunday's game might not have been necessary in the way of being critical to playoff seeding.

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
yes jc robbed the spurs of an opportunity (NOT a guarantee) to get the second seed...explain, what does cuban have to do with what happened yesterday...or are you just projecting the hate to anything and everything you hate?

I don't know, what part of being a Mavs fan requires you to participate in this forum?

Man of Steel
04-16-2007, 11:59 PM
do you have a link to this blog? and why mention cuban? he had nothing to do with crawford who is a prick to everyone

Here is the link.

Notice--

I did not "inject" Cuban in anything.

If I were to "inject" Cuban with anything, it wouldn't be anything related to the Duncan/Crawford controversey.

Pavlov's Dog

Why do Spurs fans have to get over this in one day when you and other Mavs fans are still whining about the Finals last year?

Damn, you make us look bad.

ponky
I don't know, what part of being a Mavs fan requires you to participate in this forum?

of course you don't

what part of being a mavs fan requires me to participate in this forum? the part that wants to and doesn't listen to little pricks trying to tell me what i should and shouldn't do based on my affiliations, that's what part

get back to me when you feel like answering my question, i'm not on crawford's side, he's a dick and was wrong last night

SAtown
04-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Why do Spurs fans have to get over this in one day when you and other Mavs fans are still whining about the Finals last year?

CLAP CLAP MOTHERFUCKING CLAP :clap

Shank

What are you talking about?

Fabbs
Why worry about needing the win over the Mavs this late in the season when you could have bettered your chances with gimmes against the Celtics, Bucks or Pacers? Win 2/3 of those and Sunday's game might not have been necessary in the way of being critical to playoff seeding.
Except Crawford was reffing one of those games and yes he T'd up Duncan in that game.

Guess finishing 25-3 wasn't good enough, we should have gone 26-2 then we wouldn't have had to "worry" about the Mavs game.
Troll off....

SPARKY
04-17-2007, 12:03 AM
of course you don't

what part of being a mavs fan requires me to participate in this forum? the part that wants to and doesn't listen to little pricks trying to tell me what i should and shouldn't do based on my affiliations, that's what part

get back to me when you feel like answering my question, i'm not on crawford's side, he's a dick and was wrong last night

I answered your question about why Cuban was brought up and then you asked why I was bringing up Cuban. Brilliance.

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I believe this (tax evasion/fraud charges) has been posted numerous times in many threads in the last 24 hours.

Nothing new here.

Really?

Where?

Here in this forum?

I didn't see it anywhere.

I don't have the luxury of reading this forum 12 hours a day--to me, this was news and I bet a lot of other people had never seen the extent to which Joey Crawford pocketted his air fare and still took income tax deductions by submitting false receipts to the IRS.

If you knew that Kori--all the power to you, dear.

milkyway21
04-17-2007, 12:04 AM
“[Joey Crawford] looked at me and said, `Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?’‘’ Duncan said. “If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don’t have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, `Do you want to fight?”’

"do you want a fight?" or ;

"piece of shit"

which choice of words is worse?

a ref challenging a player to a fight is.

Duncan maybe just said those words because he just couldn't believe Crawford gave him a T the 2nd time around...

i just think Crawford needs another chance and shld not be fired. I don't want Duncan to be the person who will be in the books of who ended someone else's career. That's too harsh. Suspension or fine or anger management sessions but no firing.

ponky
04-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I answered your question about why Cuban was brought up and then you asked why I was bringing up Cuban. Brilliance.

get some fresh air, you've probably been in here bitching all day about the same thing, bye

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 12:06 AM

Almost as old as the fact that the Mavericks are the only Texas team to never have won a single NBA title--

Or almost as old as Dallas choking the biggest lead in the history of NBA Playoffs to lose to an abviously inferior Eastern squad.

Shank
04-17-2007, 12:07 AM
"do you want a fight?" or ;

"piece of shit"

which choice of words is worse?

a ref challenging a player to a fight is.

Duncan maybe just said those words because he just couldn't believe Crawford gave him a T the 2nd time around...

i just think Crawford needs another chance and shld not be fired. I don't want Duncan to be the person who will be in the books of who ended someone else's career. That's too harsh. Suspension or fine or anger management sessions but no firing.

You don't honestly believe that 'fight' in this sense means punching/kicking, do you?

Shank
04-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Ponky - where did he answer your question re: Cuban? I'm not seeing it.

SPARKY
04-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Not surprising. Requires too much gray matter.

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I could live with a suspension so long as it was a public suspension.

Shank
04-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Not surprising. Requires too much gray matter.

Then do me the favor of reposting it here. Because from what I'm seeing, you still haven't answered her question.

SAtown
04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
:lol Mavfan has taken his/her superiority complex way too far this year. Chill out guys and gals, it's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG fukin ride

whottt
04-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Marcus Bryant is ruling ass in this thread.

Brutal.

ponky
04-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Then do me the favor of reposting it here. Because from what I'm seeing, you still haven't answered her question.

of course he hasn't and he won't because he has no answer other than to admit that he's being a bitch about including cuban in the mix

Pavlov's Dog
04-17-2007, 12:22 AM
What are you talking about?

Uh, I'm talking about all the Mavs fans who constantly bitch about the refs having a conspiracy against the Mavs thanks to Cuban.

I still can't go anywhere in this town and talk hoops without some tin hat Mavs fan saying the league screwed the Mavs in the Finals last year, when it was the play of Dirk and others down the stretch that cost them the series.

For all the laughing some seem to be doing here about Duncan getting tossed yesterday, it's nothing compared to the crying to media last year after game 5 against Miami when everyone from Cuban to the ball boy whined in front of the cameras.

In short, Mavs fans really can't say jack when it comes to whining about officiating.

Shank
04-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Uh, I'm talking about all the Mavs fans who constantly bitch about the refs having a conspiracy against the Mavs thanks to Cuban.

I still can't go anywhere in this town and talk hoops without some tin hat Mavs fan saying the league screwed the Mavs in the Finals last year, when it was the play of Dirk and others down the stretch that cost them the series.

For all the laughing some seem to be doing here about Duncan getting tossed yesterday, it's nothing compared to the crying to media last year after game 5 against Miami when everyone from Cuban to the ball boy whined in front of the cameras.

In short, Mavs fans really can't say jack when it comes to whining about officiating.

Actually, in your first post, you called ME out for still whining about last year's Finals to this day. I'd like to see where you got that idea.

ponky
04-17-2007, 12:26 AM

speak for yourself, i've never attributed our meltdown in the finals to the officiating...anyway, i'm a mavs fan but i'm not a dallasite, some of those fans up there in dallas are lame

milkyway21
04-17-2007, 12:33 AM
You don't honestly believe that 'fight' in this sense means punching/kicking, do you?
You don't honestly believe fighting for me I meant punching or kicking, do you?

it's more like :blah :blah and trash :blah between Duncan and Crawford like a lot of you Mavs fans do around here :p:

:lmao

SPARKY
04-17-2007, 12:48 AM
of course he hasn't and he won't because he has no answer other than to admit that he's being a bitch about including cuban in the mix

The scroll bar is your friend.

Man of Steel
04-17-2007, 12:49 AM

http://frommedskool.com/2007/04/15/tim-duncan-ejected-from-mavs-game/

sprrs
04-17-2007, 02:09 AM

You honestly don't believe that "piece of shit" in this sense means Duncan thinks Crawford is literally a piece of shit, do you?

xfycox
04-17-2007, 02:14 AM
All of this shit has been posted hundreds of times over.

milkyway21
04-17-2007, 03:32 AM
You honestly don't believe that "piece of shit" in this sense means Duncan thinks Crawford is literally a piece of shit, do you? :lmao