PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live on a golf course or have?

MrChug
04-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I just closed on a house on Canyon Springs golf course. Now, I realize it's a bit late :bang but didn't know if there was anything I need to know about living in a golf "area". Pros/Cons...whatever. Little shit I need to know like YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL ALL BE VAMPIRES or something. Any help would be appreciated...funny shit couldn't hurt since I'm kinda setting myself up for it. :hat

01Snake
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
If your home has a tile roof, be prepared for a lot of broken tiles. Of course this depends exactly where your house is located in proximity to the T-box. Windows can also be broken as well. Finally, you will also have strangers walking through your yard looking for their ball. :D

BacktoBasics
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I was personally annoyed by all the noisy blue hairs out on Sunday morning at 7AM. Plus they frown on you and sometimes even call the cops if you drive up onto the course shit faced on a friday or saturday night doing donuts in the fairway.

MannyIsGod
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I've hit houses on that course. I once hit a nasty slicing drive and my ball went right over a fence - off a garage door - and onto a car. I think I hit a house out at the Quarry too when I shanked a drive right into a backyard. Don't think I've hit a house anywhere else.

I don't play golf anymore, but if I do you better hope your house is off the course some. I'll find a way to hit it.

leemajors
04-17-2007, 11:19 AM
if you have a pool, you will find copperheads and water moccasins swimming around whenever it rains hard (because they get washed there) or whenever there is a drought (because they're looking for water) -- also alligators

they have that problem at telferner country club.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I just closed on a house on Canyon Springs golf course. Now, I realize it's a bit late :bang but didn't know if there was anything I need to know about living in a golf "area". Pros/Cons...whatever. Little shit I need to know like YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL ALL BE VAMPIRES or something. Any help would be appreciated...funny shit couldn't hurt since I'm kinda setting myself up for it. :hat

Well, now that you mention it.

http://www.slicemovie.com/

http://www.slicemovie.com/images/posterhome2.jpg

CosmicCowboy
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
JimCS lives on a golf course in College Station. With a bunch of aggies whacking their balls in his backyard I'm sure he has some good stories.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-17-2007, 12:06 PM
JimCS lives on a golf course in College Station. With a bunch of aggies whacking their balls in his backyard I'm sure he has some good stories.

I bet he can tell some golf stories, too!

Jimcs50
04-17-2007, 12:10 PM

I live on the right side of #16, a par 5, about 300 yds from the regular men's tee box, so I only get tee shots in my yard when we have a very strong north wind. I do get 2nd shots in my yard when we have a good south wind or when the player really hits a weak tee shot and tries to make a big swing with his 2nd shot.

I have had 3 broken windows, and have had at least 100 more balls hit my roof or other parts of my house without doing any damage. I also have found about 100 balls in my pool, which is quite disconcerting because I would not want to get hit in the head by a ball, when I am swimming by myself, get knocked out and then drown, that would suck. :)

Anyway, having a house on golf course is a good economy indicator too. When we have a robust economy, I get a lot of Titleist Pro V1s in my yard, and when I get a lot of Pinnacles and Top Flites, I know the economy is in a recession. :)

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
tiger woods looms in his backyard u know.....

Jimcs50
04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
I bet he can tell some golf stories, too!

Hear is a golf story from last Friday:

For the first time in my life, I had 3 straight birdies. I have had 2 straight many times, but always choked on the 3rd hole. Had birdie on 8(par 3), 9(par 4) and 10, the last hole a par 5, which I reached the putting surface in 2 shots, so all I had to do was not choke and 3 putt from 18 ft to achieve my goal, and I almost made the Eagle as I slid the ball by the hole about 6 inches past, so it was just a gimmie for the birdie. :)

CosmicCowboy
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Hear is a golf story from last Friday:

For the first time in my life, I had 3 straight birdies. I have had 2 straight many times, but always choked on the 3rd hole. Had birdie on 8(par 3), 9(par 4) and 10, the last hole a par 5, which I reached the putting surface in 2 shots, so all I had to do was not choke and 3 putt from 18 ft to achieve my goal, and I almost made the Eagle as I slid the ball by the hole about 6 inches past, so it was just a gimmie for the birdie. :)

I tried to shoot some turkey birdies with my bow last weekend but couldn't call them in close enough. I've never shot an eagle either LOL

leemajors
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
3 birdies = turkey!

Jimcs50
04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
victoria country club. i cleaned pools for awhile and would have to net those bellyslinking bastards and smash their heads. (one oldtimer told me a story about how he saw a copperhead swimming around in the pool, and then he lost sight of it against the dark blue tiles, so he figured it might be in the skimmer. he pulls off the skimmer lid, no snake. he then looks at the lid and the fucking snake had curled up inside the lid and then tried to bite him)

I have had 3 snakes in my skimmers, but all were just harmless water snakes, I just trew them over the fence onto the golf course. :)

Extra Stout
04-17-2007, 03:31 PM
if you have a pool, you will find copperheads and water moccasins swimming around whenever it rains hard (because they get washed there) or whenever there is a drought (because they're looking for water) -- also alligators
They dont have alligators in the Hill Country you noob.

victoria victoria victoria

mardigan
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I live right by a course, and the only problem that ever seems to come up is the traffic on the weekends, but nothing to bad

blackbucket
04-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I live in CS as well. Some subdivisions are worse than others. Which subdivision do you live in?

thispego
04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
They dont have alligators in the Hill Country you noob.

victoria victoria victoria
:lol victoria is baaaad. but seriously , the only things to worry about are golf balls flying through you windows, hooligans mudding through your yard with a golf cart, or kids vandalizing your property while roaming the golf course. :blah

RashoFan
04-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I just closed on a house on Canyon Springs golf course.

I live in CS as well. Some subdivisions are worse than others. Which subdivision do you live in?
FYI...If y'all ever need to call 911, I maybe the one showing up at your front door....so be nice and introduce yourselves okay?

johngateswhiteley
04-18-2007, 01:36 AM
FYI...If y'all ever need to call 911, I maybe the one showing up at your front door....so be nice and introduce yourselves okay?

do you think females make good fire fighters?

KEDA
04-18-2007, 07:09 AM
do you think females make good fire fighters?

Beckie is the best gotdamn firefighter in these parts!

johngateswhiteley
04-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Beckie is the best gotdamn firefighter in these parts!

could she drag me out of a burning building?

leemajors
04-18-2007, 08:51 AM
victoria country club. i cleaned pools for awhile and would have to net those bellyslinking bastards and smash their heads. (one oldtimer told me a story about how he saw a copperhead swimming around in the pool, and then he lost sight of it against the dark blue tiles, so he figured it might be in the skimmer. he pulls off the skimmer lid, no snake. he then looks at the lid and the fucking snake had curled up inside the lid and then tried to bite him)

i saw a huge gator on the lawn at holy family catholic church about 15 years ago. i think that was before they built that apt complex behind it.

RashoFan
04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
could she drag me out of a burning building?
I prefer to use the"throw your ass over my shoulder and carry you out" carry BUT if you want me to drag your ass out of there...I can accomendate.

RashoFan
04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks Keda!

johngateswhiteley
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I prefer to use the"throw your ass over my shoulder and carry you out" carry BUT if you want me to drag your ass out of there...I can accomendate.

that was my next question. hmm....good, good.

Jimcs50
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Pebble Creek, I live on 16 fairway.

leemajors
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Pebble Creek, I live on 16 fairway.

is that the course that was built for the aggie golf team around 94 or 95? i got to play in a tournament there right when it opened, it was a nice course (if it's the same one). a bit of a step above the campus course. nm it isn't

MrChug
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
DANG! I have alot to think about now!

MrChug
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM

WHOO HOOO!!! Good thing I'm a pyromaniac huh?!?!!? :elephant

MrChug
04-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Well the great thing is that I'm not DIRECTLY on the damn thing. I'm at the Villas at Canyon Springs. Nice, new...but as someone mentioned earlier TILE roofs! :cry We shall see...thank all of you for your input. Keep it coming! :smokin

Jimcs50
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
is that the course that was built for the aggie golf team around 94 or 95? i got to play in a tournament there right when it opened, it was a nice course (if it's the same one). a bit of a step above the campus course. nm it isn't

Yes, but it opened in 92. I built my house there in 93. The course is nice, they rebuilt the teeboxes and sand traps recently, so it is even better than ever.

tlongII
04-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, but it opened in 92. I built my house there in 93. The course is nice, they rebuilt the teeboxes and sand traps recently, so it is even better than ever.

It's too bad you're a hack!

Jimcs50
04-19-2007, 05:53 PM
It's too bad you're a hack!

Yeah, a hack that kicked your ass on YOUR course in Oregon 2 yrs ago.

:lol