PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Watch

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 09:10 PM
We all need to sign up for which days we stay with Pooh in the next 20 weeks. I can take Friday-Sunday. Does Pooh have the worst luck in history? First he jumps off the Spur's bandwagon right before the Spurs draft Tim Duncan and he misses the best ride in franchise history. The Spurs have the best winning percentage in all of sports since 1997, so he loses out on all that winning, including 2 championships.

Then he jumps on the Pacers bandwagon, a team that over the years was always one on the class organizations in the NBA. That does not last long though, and they start to underachieve. They choke in ECFs last year to Detroit, leaving a foul taste in their mouths which indirectly leads to last night's debacle. They start collecting ballas who have no class at all, and now they are lottery fodder.

We need to really keep an eye on the poor bastard.

Anyone else want to volunteer?

ducks
11-20-2004, 09:25 PM
if he sticks with the pacers I will give him major props

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
if he sticks with the pacers I will give him major props

I will have him commited to the asylum.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
It's okay, Pooh can wait at the airport in Indy for their new starting center, John Edwards, to get back from the roadtrips.

:lol

Rummpd
11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Practicing medicine without a license but good common sense you all,

MadDoc (licensed in three states but not an expert in Psychiatry)

RobinsontoDuncan
11-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Pooh was a spurs fan? how do you know, was this forum up in 1997?

Hook Dem
11-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Must suck to be a Pacer fan right about now.

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Pooh was a spurs fan? how do you know, was this forum up in 1997?

This is common knowlege. Myself and a few others have been in the Spurs' forum since 1998, and a lot of us know quite a lot about each other.

pooh
11-21-2004, 04:03 AM
I'm not on any suicide watch, sorry to disapoint those wish I was, but sorry...I like life thank you. Of course today I have been described as "warped", but that's another story all on its' own. :)

I'll still root for Indy, I don't think they deserve 20 game or 60-day suspensions by any means. I think they should be fined close to or at 1 million bucks. (Artest 1 mil, J.O. and Jax $500,000 and Ben 50,000)

And once again and for the FINAL time. I was a Spurs fan, (diehard as a matter of fact) until they lost in game seven to Portland back in 1990 (Robinsons' first year). I grown tired of them constantly choking year end and year out and finally had enough of their shit, so I gave up.

I started rooting for the Pacers while watching them in the 1994 ECF against the Knicks. They reminded me of the "old" Spurs, (late ABA and early NBA versions...before Gilmore and company showed up), who never gave up when all hope was lost.

I briefly thought about rooting for the Spurs after they lost to Houston in 1995, but when I saw how Pop yanked Bob Hill out so they could tank the season and luck out to get Duncan, I officiallly said never again. I can not stand their "goodie two-shoes" image...

You asked...now you know.

Right now I'm not as interested in Pacers ball or any for that matter at the current time. I'm in the process of writing my second book and promoting the first. Basketball and other sports in general have taken a backseat right now.

So do not worry about a possible "suicide watch" on my behalf thank you. To quote an old Beatles song...."I feel fine."

Slomo
11-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Right now I'm not as interested in Pacers ball or any for that matter at the current time. I'm in the process of writing my second book and promoting the first. Basketball and other sports in general have taken a backseat right now.
Hmmmm, denial.....

I think your initial diagnosis might be correct Dr. Jim, at this stage we might want to concider restraints of some sort....

:lol :lol :lol

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Pooh is whistling past the graveyard, I'm affraid. The next week is critical, we must keep Pooh away from any tall buildings or sharp objects. Indy's season is over, that and a less than stellar sales on his book can push Pooh over the edge....we must be vigilant, Pooh's life is dependent upon it.

:)

samikeyp
11-21-2004, 10:28 AM
And once again and for the FINAL time. I was a Spurs fan, (diehard as a matter of fact) until they lost in game seven to Portland back in 1990 (Robinsons' first year). I grown tired of them constantly choking year end and year out and finally had enough of their shit, so I gave up.

I started rooting for the Pacers while watching them in the 1994 ECF against the Knicks. They reminded me of the "old" Spurs, (late ABA and early NBA versions...before Gilmore and company showed up), who never gave up when all hope was lost.

I briefly thought about rooting for the Spurs after they lost to Houston in 1995, but when I saw how Pop yanked Bob Hill out so they could tank the season and luck out to get Duncan, I officiallly said never again. I can not stand their "goodie two-shoes" image...

and there you have it folks. the very definition of fairweather fan. or is it bandwagon?

discuss.

T Park
11-21-2004, 10:31 AM
can not stand their "goodie two-shoes" image...

yeah that just sucks having good guys, as opposed to the hardass Pacers.

BTW Pooh,

how many rings the Pacers gotten with that "bad ass" image??

Shut up and goodbye.

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 10:34 AM
I
briefly thought about rooting for the Spurs after they lost to Houston in 1995, but when I saw how Pop yanked Bob Hill out so they could tank the season and luck out to get Duncan, I officiallly said never again. I can not stand their "goodie two-shoes" image...- Pooh

Spoken like the true hardassed bad boy that he is. :rolleyes

T Park
11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
oh and SAMIKEYP.

that is the opitime of a freakin bandwagon fan.

Pathetic.

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 10:43 AM
oh and SAMIKEYP.

that is the opitime of a freakin bandwagon fan.

Pathetic.

TPark, it is epitome. :angel

T Park
11-21-2004, 10:46 AM
pardon me.

Long night last night at Pleasure Island.

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 10:49 AM
pardon me.

Long night last night at Pleasure Island.

Is that somewhat like Fantasy Island? The plane the plane......

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Is that somewhat like Fantasy Island? The plane the plane......

Might want to ask this guy.

http://uweb.txstate.edu/~jr47581/pictures/daplane.jpg

samikeyp
11-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I don't know T...I think both words work! :)

pooh
11-21-2004, 09:40 PM
I will say that the league came down too hard on Artest, he didn't deserve 73 games....30 would've been fine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I will say that the league came down too hard on Artest, he didn't deserve 73 games....30 would've been fine.

Ahh, the opinion of a Pacer homer, why am I not surprised?

pooh
11-21-2004, 09:54 PM
And you aggie can come and take the first watch...and I'll go totally "artest" on you..

Medvedenko
11-21-2004, 09:56 PM
I think the L came down adequately...it's just sad. I feel for you Pooh...I kind of felt the same when Kobe had that Denver issue.

pooh
11-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Nothing to feel bad about now. Stern made his decision and now he has to live with it, as do Pacers fans like myself. Hopefully Indy can play at least .500 ball until JO and Jax come back and then move from there.

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2004, 10:06 PM
I can't really understand anyone saying that these penalties are too harsh -- money isn't going to get the message across and just a few games is disrespectful to the significance of what happened in Detroit on Friday.

What Artest did went "beyond Sprewell." As soon as I saw the video, I thought that if Sprewell could get a whole year for choking his coach, Artest was going to get at least the rest of the year for attacking a fan without legal provocation. Frankly, I think the Pacers organization is fortunate that only Artest will miss the rest of this season.

Ultimately, though, I think this suspension might just be the tip of the iceberg for old Ronnie. He's staring down the barrel of significant criminal charges and substantial civil liability for his actions on Friday night. There's a pretty good chance that Friday was Ron Artest's last NBA game -- ever. Pretty hard to check in when you're doing 5-to-10 at the Michigan State Pen.

As a human being who disdains the hurt of others, I'm much more worried about Ron Artest than I am about Pooh -- Pooh will be fine; I hope that Ron Artest's fragile psyche can take what's about to happen to him.

Marcus Bryant
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM

WTF? That was DRob's first year and the first time they made the playoffs in 5 years.

Good riddance.

pooh
11-21-2004, 10:15 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens now. It's going to be very hard for the team during this stretch, but if this is the Pacers' "test" this season, then let it begin. Hopefully they'll respond well to it.

But should Indy make the playoffs, they'll have to deal with a fully loaded team and with number# 91 there with them and the he'll take out his "frustration" out, hopefully in a more positive way this time.

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2004, 10:17 PM
. . . . and just to set history straight: I'm not entirely sure how a team with 2 rookies and 2 second-year players making its first playoff run and losing in overtime of Game 7 to the eventual conference champion constitutes choking. But if Pooh says so, so be it for his purposes.

I guess that hard-assed, I'm going into the stands to kick ass without justification thing is what the NBA should really be all about.

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2004, 10:19 PM
But should Indy make the playoffs, they'll have to deal with a fully loaded team and with number# 91 there with them and the he'll take out his "frustration" out, hopefully in a more positive way this time.

Uh, a suspension for the season would include the playoffs, too. The 2004-05 season ends at the conclusion of the NBA Finals in June. They said "season," not "regular season."

Artest is done until next October.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-21-2004, 10:19 PM
And you aggie can come and take the first watch...and I'll go totally "artest" on you..

Spare me. For starters, I'd go Sprewell on your dorky ass before you even had a chance to try any of that shit.

Second, your mom would ground you if you tried.

samikeyp
11-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Can we get a vbookie on the Pooh-AHF throwdown?

pooh
11-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Spare me. For starters, I'd go Sprewell on your dorky ass before you even had a chance to try any of that shit.

Second, your mom would ground you if you tried.

Going Sprewell would be nothing...but a good comeback.

Duff McCartney
11-21-2004, 10:22 PM
I can't understand how you can be a die-hard Spurs fan and then just give up on them during the best player in Spurs historys first year. You were never a die-hard Spurs fan...just a fairweather fan. If you're gonna jump Pooh...at least jump to a team that won something.

pooh
11-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Can we get a vbookie on the Pooh-AHF throwdown?

No but I know what the preliminary match would be...

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm really confused -- somehow "going Sprewell" is nothing compared to "going Artest," but somehow a 72 game (plus playoffs) suspension is too much, while a 68 game suspension for Sprewell was probably just about right?

ducks
11-21-2004, 10:25 PM
ron is not allowed to play in playoffs

if I am pacers I would not want him in playoffs anyhow
they would basicallly get there without him so why would you want to destroy the chemsitry and risk him being stupid?

TheWriter
LOL at Pooh thinking Artest would be back for the playoffs... lol

samikeyp
Pooh, if you are inferring me as your first round opponent....you wouldn't make it to AHF.

Marcus Bryant
11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
FWD is correct. The only thing worse than assaulting one's boss is assaulting customers. Artest is a fucking loon. It was only a matter of time until he did something like what happened on Friday night. Not surprising, given how Indiana has coddled him and not held him to account for his stupidity.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-21-2004, 10:55 PM
One, Indy won't make it to the playoffs.

Two, if they did, and Artest played, he'd be a marked man. Teams would be taking digs at him to piss him off, and the refs would be whistling his ass left and right.

But it's a moot point, Indy won't be in the postseason.

Oh, and going Sprewell > Artest's candy-ass punching but not really connecting bullshit.

ducks
11-21-2004, 10:58 PM
I think pacers have a shot at playoffs

east is weak

do not have to be .500 to make playoffs in weak east

samikeyp
11-21-2004, 10:59 PM
^^^that is true. It will not help their chances but I would not be surprised if they still get in. All Indy has to do is play .500 ball until O'Neal and Jackson get back....they get hot at the end...anything is possible.

ducks
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
miller is better then jackson
and jackson was starting

miller has to stay healthy though

and he will be more worn out later because of this

Jimcs50
11-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Artest is suspended for the year...that includes the playoffs, I would imagine. But, it will be hard for them to make it to top 8 anyway. JO and Jackson will be pretty rusty by the time they get back as well.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 11:12 AM
To clarify, Artest is done for the 2004-05 season, playoffs included.

Jimcs50
11-22-2004, 11:19 AM
To clarify, Artest is done for the 2004-05 season, playoffs included.

thought so.

Pooh, you are fucked.

Sportcamper
11-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Webster’s Colligate Dictionary: SA Mikey- an eternal optimist....One who enters a barn full of horse manure & immediately grabs a big shovel & starts digging for the pony...

The Pacers stunk before this incident & they stink even more now...
D.O.N.E.

samikeyp
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
"I've got to...save the pony!" (in my best "Captain Kirk" voice") :lol

Hook Dem
11-22-2004, 12:06 PM
At least you still have a shovel Mikey! :lol