PDA

View Full Version : I have found the cup thrower

grjr
11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I watched the replays on the bigscreen this afternoon and judging by the angle the cup came in I am 87% sure it was thrown by the black lady in the Pistons jersey who was next to the guy in the beige ballcap (the one Jim Gray thought threw the cup). If that lady is left-handed then I'm 99% sure it was her.

If you watch it again when the cup hits and Artest gets up she is standing there celebrating with her left arm up in the air in a follow through position. When Artest first gets up she gets the "oh shit" look on her face. The dude in the ballcap appeared to have his hands in his pockets the whole time and wasn't afraid when Artest came towards.

The kid that Artest went after couldn't have thrown the cup that far without spilling everything out of it. Artest went after him because he was standing there celebrating because he saw Artest get hit--not because he threw it. At least he'll get his way paid through college now.

:elephant

exstatic
11-20-2004, 09:36 PM
So...Artest apologists. Is he justified in going after a woman?

dcole50
11-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I loved how Jim Grey said he was "right next to Artest" and that it was a "bottle of beer" thrown at him from "point blank range." All three points have been proven untrue through the replays.

Great reporting, Jim! Quick, go find Kobe and see what he has to say about this.

grjr
11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Beers don't come with ice now do they? Is that a Detroit kind of thing? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I think the cup came from the grassy knoll.

whottt
11-20-2004, 09:52 PM
You know what? I thought about it being the black chick also...she definitely has that look on her face when Artest first goes in the stands...and one point she looks like she is challenging him to do something about it.

The biggest thing to excuse the white kid in the glasses is the fact that he has a fucking drink in his hand when Artest goes after him...plus he is doing the throwing motion showing someone what happened...there is no way he could do that motion twice like that...once for real and once to show someone...plus he wouldn't have to show anyone that was standing by him since they would have probably seen in then anyway.

myhc
11-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Is the black lady the one with the #1 Pistons jersey on?

TNT21
11-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Damn, if I was at that game, there is NO WAY I would throw my beer! Do you know how much one of those costs at the concession stand? Oh Hells NO!!

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 12:16 AM
How can a cup coming the black lady hit Artest in the back of the head, then go through him and hit Jim Gray in the wrist when the lady was directly behind Artest at the time of the shoot...er...throwing. The angles are all wrong...there had to be a 2nd thrower, there is no explaination otherwise.

Now we will know more when the video tape that was made by one Abraham Zapruder, a huge Pistons fan that was sitting a few rows up, and caught the whole thing on video.

grjr
11-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Is the black lady the one with the #1 Pistons jersey on?

There's a 3 on her jersey and she has a coat or something draped over her right forearm. You can't miss her from the one angle. She's the first thing you see after Artest gets up.

D Fish
11-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, long time no see. Found your new forum :).

I have to agree it was either the black lady, or the guy in the black shirt. The guy in the hat looked like he didn't even know WTF Artest was doing. Of course he could've been playing it off like nothing happened, when he saw Artest charging through the stands.

http://lakerstalk.net/forum/images/avatars/804741a01cc0c93d8.jpg

grjr
11-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Jim, she's obviously hiding the smoking gun underneath that coat.

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 12:21 AM
they guy in the hat pushed Artest after he went by him, them grabbed Artest and sucker punched him. He will be in deep shit when they find him.

myhc
11-21-2004, 12:27 AM
I know who you guys are talking about now. She has a sweater draped over her right arm. Its not her. I thought it was her too because she had her left arm raised. I did the frame by frame thing too (yes i'm bored). While the cup starts take air, you can see she's already clapping. It has to be someone else that can't be seen from that angle.

Jimcs50
11-21-2004, 12:29 AM
ah ha...I knew it...the physics simple did not match up. There was definitely a 2nd thrower.

Man In Black
11-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Boy are you guys fucking wrong...

Your instigator was the guy in the blue Wallace jersey with the white ball cap on. The same guy who was holding Artest after he asked the wrong guy if he threw the bottle.

Don't believe me?

Fine I GOT A LINK.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/index.html#
It's under the title-
Investigation Focuses On Fan In White Hat

You fingered the wrong person and now we see how easy it is for people to believe stuff unless you do your own research.

missmyzte
11-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Good angle there, it definitely seems to be that guy in the hat. Cowardly is the only word for it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Boy are you guys fucking wrong...

Your instigator was the guy in the blue Wallace jersey with the white ball cap on. The same guy who was holding Artest after he asked the wrong guy if he threw the bottle.

Don't believe me?

Fine I GOT A LINK.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/index.html#
It's under the title-
Investigation Focuses On Fan In White Hat

You fingered the wrong person and now we see how easy it is for people to believe stuff unless you do your own research.

'Cause you know, journalists are never wrong.

Dude, chill. It's speculation. Last time I checked, Jim and Whottt (no particular reason for pointing you two out, just that I know you're in this thread) didn't really have jurisdiction in Auburn Hills.

Oh, and Realplayer sucks. Come back when you have proof in DivX or WMV. :spin

myhc
11-21-2004, 12:51 AM
I've kinda narrowed it to 1 of 2 people:
1. It has to be someone from the section Artest ran into because the section with the Pistons jersy lady is too close. And like I said, she's clapping as the cup takes air.
2. It has to be someone below the guy with the white sweater with his arms folded. There's nobody but 1 of 2 people in that immediate area where the cup could only have come from.
3. One guy has a striped green/black shirt. I don't think its him.
4. Strangely, the big burly dude with the baige cap and blue jersey(I think its a Pistons jersey, the back of it says Wallace I think) who hit Artest a few times seems to be thrower. Right before the cup takes flight, you can see him bend down and come back up. Just as he comes back up, the cup is in midair. And he was in the aisle. That's the key. What reason could you possibly have to be in the aisle and pick something up? I think he was reaching down to pick up some cup on the ground and threw it. Hit the mark. If i'm right, everybody feel free to congratulate me! Phew!

Man In Black
11-21-2004, 12:59 AM
'Cause you know, journalists are never wrong.

Dude, chill. It's speculation. Last time I checked, Jim and Whottt (no particular reason for pointing you two out, just that I know you're in this thread) didn't really have jurisdiction in Auburn Hills.

Oh, and Realplayer sucks. Come back when you have proof in DivX or WMV. :spin

Journalist can be wrong, they are all the time when it comes to the Spurs. However, I got 2 eyes. I saw a much clearer video which showed that he is the thrower. That link I provide shows you who the authorities are investigating. Real or divx or whatever, the link I gave gives you more than an 87% probability factor.

The guy in the white hat literally threw the bottle and then put his hands in his pockets like he didn't do anything. In short, he didn't even want to cop to it. What a pussy.

T Park
11-21-2004, 01:01 AM
Im not believin anyone,

until Kevin Costner comes in here and tells us who REALLY threw that bottle.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 01:01 AM
Journalist can be wrong, they are all the time when it comes to the Spurs. However, I got 2 eyes. I saw a much clearer video which showed that he is the thrower. That link I provide shows you who the authorities are investigating. Real or divx or whatever, the link I gave gives you more than an 87% probability factor.

The guy in the white hat literally threw the bottle and then put his hands in his pockets like he didn't do anything. In short, he didn't even want to cop to it. What a pussy.

Sorry...I just don't see that the video gives me more than 87%. We're just going to have to put this on the back burner until I'm sure it hits 89%.

exstatic
11-21-2004, 01:03 AM
The guy in the white hat literally threw the bottle and then put his hands in his pockets like he didn't do anything.

Uh, wasn't Artest hit by beer and a cup?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Uh, wasn't Artest hit by beer and a cup?

See...no way it's more than 87%.

missmyzte
11-21-2004, 01:04 AM
The cup thrower (mms://a1115.v129420.c12942.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1115/12942/v0001/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1120/3936490.200k.wmv)

Click on that link and you should be able to watch it in Windows Media Player. Look at the 19 second mark of the video, clearly shows the guy in the white hat throwing the cup.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 01:07 AM
The cup thrower (mms://a1115.v129420.c12942.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1115/12942/v0001/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1120/3936490.200k.wmv)

Click on that link and you should be able to watch it in Windows Media Player. Look at the 19 second mark of the video, clearly shows the guy in the white hat throwing the cup.

Great video clip.

You guys know I'm just being an asshole, right.

myhc
11-21-2004, 01:13 AM
:spin

*Pats self on back, waits patiently for others to do the same*

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 01:15 AM
:spin

*Pats self on back, waits patiently for others to do the same*

*Pats self on back*

Thanks. I haven't been giving myself enough credit lately.

Man In Black
11-21-2004, 01:16 AM
See...TOLD YA :)

Thanks Horry Fan :)

Kori Ellis
11-21-2004, 03:02 AM
MIB, what's with the frickin' self-righteous crap? One person just said they thought it was the black lady. You are acting like they put her in prison for a crime she didn't commit. Cut the attitude.

whottt
11-21-2004, 03:11 AM
I made 40 or so posts talking about it being the guy in th blue cap but I hadn't heard that re-confirmed so I think it was open to speculation. I also don't think I saw the videos broken down like that. After seeing the video, I'd say it was definitely that guy in the hat. Props to those video engineers for isolating the event :).

Kori, MIB is always like that lol...at LG I have been in arguments and he'll step in and announce that he is the MIB as if that is supposed to mean something relevant to the argument :fro. I think he's quite pleased with himself and feels his post totals carry a lot of weight in arguments and on message boards.

Man In Black
11-21-2004, 03:45 AM
As a member of the silent minorty, I refuse to be silent. It was a white guy that started this all.
Love,

THE MAN IN BLACK :)

PS...I'm being sarcastic.

I just love being right :)

Kori Ellis
11-21-2004, 03:48 AM
If you read any of the other threads over 90% of the people in this forum last night said it was the guy in the cap.

So get over yourself.

:)

pooh
11-21-2004, 05:19 AM
You're all wrong, it was the fan in the grassy knoll :)

toosmallshoes
11-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Back and to the left. Back and to the left....

toosmallshoes
11-21-2004, 06:11 AM
It was a cup.... a cup, a friggin' plastic cup. Not a glass bottle! That part of the myth needs to get straightened out before even more damage is done. It was a cup. A damn cup. quit calling it a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch the video. Cup Cup Cup. Cup.

johnny00
11-21-2004, 09:22 AM
How can a cup coming the black lady hit Artest in the back of the head, then go through him and hit Jim Gray in the wrist when the lady was directly behind Artest at the time of the shoot...er...throwing. The angles are all wrong...there had to be a 2nd thrower, there is no explaination otherwise.

Now we will know more when the video tape that was made by one Abraham Zapruder, a huge Pistons fan that was sitting a few rows up, and caught the whole thing on video.You just knew these jokes were coming.....

johnny00
11-21-2004, 09:31 AM
By the way people the grasy knoll, Zapruder, second cup thower jokes don't get funnier just more lame. This is Spurstalk.com I expect better.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 09:55 AM
By the way people the grasy knoll, Zapruder, second cup thower jokes don't get funnier just more lame. This is Spurstalk.com I expect better.

But calling a guy that had nothing to do with it and who was attacked WITHOUT provocation is a puss and a guy that can't get laid. And THAT'S funny?

Did you see the guy who threw the beer???? He looks like the captain of the local high school debating team. DUDE WAKE UP YA PUSS!!!! HE'S A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. That's what happens when guys can't get laid.

Most of the "sarcasm and/or caustic wit" used by posters in this thread are attempting to "expose folly" in the idea of a cup that bounces one way, then another and back again.

See #2

sat·ire Audio pronunciation of "satire" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (str)
n.

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.
2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

grjr
11-21-2004, 01:18 PM
OMG, Jim Gray was right. Now I have to question every belief I have in this world. I'm in a state of complete cognitive dissonance and will need proffessional help, I fear.

johnny00
11-21-2004, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny_Blaze_47]But calling a guy that had nothing to do with it and who was attacked WITHOUT provocation is a puss and a guy that can't get laid. And THAT'S funny?

Johnny, look at the time I posted the comments about the guy who was attacked by Artest, at that particular time everyone had him fingered as the beer/cup thrower, Posts were fast and furious during that point in the evening. As for the critique of humor using the "grassy knoll" humor it was done lightheartedly, some of the best laughs I get during the day are because of this site.

MarkyMark
11-22-2004, 12:48 AM
The link didnt work for me. Is it because I use Mac?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 01:03 AM
The link didnt work for me. Is it because I use Mac?

No, it's because you touch yourself at night.

[/Family Guy]

Mr Dio
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
It was a cup.... a cup, a friggin' plastic cup. Not a glass bottle! That part of the myth needs to get straightened out before even more damage is done. It was a cup. A damn cup. quit calling it a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch the video. Cup Cup Cup. Cup

If Artest reacted like that to a small plastic cup 4/5ths empty THEN Wallce's shove is justified. I say again, who hasn't had beer & cups spilled on them @ FIESTA? It was a freakin' UNDERHAND toss NOT an overhander by Nolan Ryan or Rocket!