PDA

View Full Version : Stern on PTI Now

Darkwaters
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
He made a few interesting comments. The most enlightening has been "If Crawford's actions had been against a scrub player (and not a star like Duncan), would the same suspension have occured?"

To which Stern said quite calmly and simply: "Yes"

mardigan
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
He seemed like it had been a rough day for him

JamStone
Lies from the Emperor.

aaronstampler
made it pretty clear that Crawford is done with the nba for good.

AnkleBreaker21
yah stern just said crawford told him he doesnt want to be a ref anymore

Darkwaters
04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Yea, Stern said that they were going to schedule a time to discuss Crawford's future with the league. However, Stern believes that "that no longer interests [Crawford]"

peskypesky
Bye Bye, Crawford, You Piece Of Sh_t.

td4mvp21
Good, no one likes that prick anyway.

mardigan
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
C'est la vie...

peskypesky
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I actually enjoyed watching Stern for once!

sammy
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
We need to thank Stern for finally having some accountability to these ahole refs!

timvp
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I may be in the minority, but I hope Crawford is back next season. He's usually a pretty decent ref. Take away his calls against Duncan and he's probably one of the best.

If he can get over whatever issue he has with Duncan, I hope he's let back in and decides to pick back up the whistle.

dougp
04-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Good riddance.

sprrs
04-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I may be in the minority, but I hope Crawford is back next season. He's usually a pretty decent ref. Take away his calls against Duncan and he's probably one of the best.

If he can get over whatever issue he has with Duncan, I hope he's let back in and decides to pick back up the whistle.

Unlikely, considering how much pride he has.

mardigan
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM

I hope so too, I dont have any problem with him now that this has been addressed. It really just seems from what Sterm said that he just has way to much pride to come back. I hope we see him in the league again, but I doubt we will.

Jimcs50

Fuck that. I never could stand his sorry ass and his power trips. I would take a hundred Steve Javies over one JC any day.

aaronstampler

He made it sound like he was hanging it up in an e-mail to the media saying, "Nobody feel sorry for me, I've had a good run..."

At his age he is simply unable to swallow his pride, which is one of the top three or four prerequisites of his job. He hasn't made an adjustment to this era of players and has just gotten grumpier and grumpier as the years have gone on.

If he refuses to get counseling then it's time for him to retire.

LuvBones
04-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Talk about over-reacting. Crawford gets supsended for the rest of this season and now he wants to quit? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/dramaqueen.gif

Get over yourself Crawford.

Medvedenko
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I gaurantee if Kobe got t'd up twice in the same instance that TD did, it would be Kobe being suspended...not the other way around. I'm happy for the ref being suspended, no doubt....but it's a double standard.

David Stern
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Lies from the Emperor.

Yep if he had done to Wade or Shaq we would of beaten the shit out of that old wrinkly hag with barbwired bats!! :) :)

SpursWoman
I gaurantee if Kobe got t'd up twice in the same instance that TD did, it would be Kobe being suspended...not the other way around. I'm happy for the ref being suspended, no doubt....but it's a double standard.

Huh? Do you even know what happened? :lol

mardigan
You have got to be f-ing kidding me. Boo fucking hoo Laker fans.
Did you even see the play? Duncan didnt do shit

cheguevara
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM

you ever heard of Golotta? he was one of the best boxers but couldn't control himself, so he didn't belong on the ring.

same thing with JC. he might be a brilliant official but he doesn't belong on the court. not anymore.

FromWayDowntown
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM

I agree with you, timvp. When Joey puts his agendas aside, he's generally an excellent official, among the very best who've called games in recent years. When he's just calling games, he's almost always in the right position and rarely misses an important call (Game 3 of the Dallas/San Antonio series last year is an obvious exception).

LuvBones
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Great.. now other refs are pissed about Stern's decision. Here comes the snowball...

dirk4mvp
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Is Stephen A. Smith supporting Crawford? Kinda sounds like it.

mardigan
04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
So far it sounds like a lot of people are defending Crawford

stretch

I agree. The only time hes an issue is when he does weird stuff like he did on Sunday. It doesn't happen often, but if he can cut the shit out, he's a good ref.

td4mvp21

And cue the little bitch that cries about everything related to Kobe Bryant. The league has nothing against Kobe. Quit trying to make it seem like a fucking pity party.

Sec24Row7
I hope Joey comes back too...

He is usually a very fair official... I just think he had a bad day that day...

cheguevara
Is Stephen A. Smith supporting Crawford? Kinda sounds like it.

he likes to bitch, what;s new?

LuvBones
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Finally someone points out the history of Crawford for reason of his suspension and not just the Duncan incident!

mardigan
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Crawford said that he would do it again if Duncan did what he did

Jimcs50
04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree. The only time hes an issue is when he does weird stuff like he did on Sunday. It doesn't happen often, but if he can cut the shit out, he's a good ref.

Bullshit...it is crap like this that makes him one of the worst refs.

Boohoo...go ahead and cry for JC, but he does not deserve to be in the NBA any longer, he thinks he is bigger than the game and you can not have that...period.

LuvBones
04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
:lol I never thought I'd be saying this but Stephen A. Smith actually had some good takes.

san antonio spurs
04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
How Timvp is defending crawford is disturbing!
The guy wants to be the center of the attention, he thinks he is more important than the players, he has anger issues, he always has that " Don't mess with me" mentality which never made a good ref.
A good ref isn't the one who dictates how the game should be played.

PS: Crawford is suspended because of his history not solely because of the duncan's incident.
________
Couples Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/straight-couples/)

judaspriestess
04-17-2007, 07:25 PM
He made it sound like he was hanging it up in an e-mail to the media saying, "Nobody feel sorry for me, I've had a good run..."

At his age he is simply unable to swallow his pride, which is one of the top three or four prerequisites of his job. He hasn't made an adjustment to this era of players and has just gotten grumpier and grumpier as the years have gone on.

If he refuses to get counseling then it's time for him to retire.

nobody feels sorry for me? this dude is a sociopath, thats crazy that he would say that. He is a REFEREE there to officiate the game, not dictate its outcome with suspect calls. what a weirdo

baseline bum
04-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Great.. now other refs are pissed about Stern's decision. Here comes the snowball...

Good. I hope Salvatore, Javie, and Bavetta all quit in protest.

T Park
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Oh give me a fucking break.

Double standard with Kobe. Give me a break.

timvp
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
The three refs who I wouldn't mind sending up river and never seeing again are Javie, Salvatore and Nies.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
yah stern just said crawford told him he doesnt want to be a ref anymore

So basically Crawford feels that unless he is allowed to toss players out of games for laughing on the bench while challenging them to fight then he does not want to ref anymore. This guy needs to see a shrink in a hurry, he is clearly fucked in the HEAD.

5ToolMan
04-17-2007, 08:05 PM

Let's see. Kobe has a history of smacking players in the head on his follow-through putting them in danger and for this he gets a couple of suspensions. Tim has a history of smiling and laughing, and for this he has two ejections.

It makes total sence ... in LaLaLand ... when these two type of repeat violations are not treated the same ... it is a double standard. LOL!

picnroll
04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Lakers' fans and ther poor, poor Kobe bullshit are so fucking old. Lakers are irrelevant. Nobody gives a shit about Kobe as long as he isn't trying to elbow somebody in the head because he's pissed they blocked his shot.

picnroll
04-17-2007, 08:09 PM
One thing about Joey is if his hemrrhoids aren't actin up and he's taking his meds he's good for a big game in an opposing arena because he doesn't get intimidated by the crowd or bitchy owners like Cuban.

Cry Havoc
04-17-2007, 08:12 PM

That's because Kobe and Phil wouldn't be sitting on the bench laughing. Kobe would be throwing elbows into the grills of other players to make up for his "injustices" and Phil would be 5 feet on the court, and afterwards making subtle references to the officiating being the doom of this league.

Two completely different worlds of behavior.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Violet Palmer >> Crawford >> Salvatore

clubalien
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I always thought one of the crawfords called plays in a pro spur way ( or maybe it was just fair)

I don't think it was dan was it

there is a joey and a dan crawford right?

I always thought javie was anti spur and pro laker.
or salvitore

but seemed like one of the crawfords was pro spur. Is this something anyone else noticed or just me?

E20
04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I feel bad for Crawford. I agreed the second tech wasn't called for, but him getting fired or forcing him to quit his job is a little overboard. The Spurs ultimately put an old hard working man on the streets to his demise, he's gonna starve.

A suspension until the playoffs and a 75,000 fine would have been better.

milkyway21
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
i hope Crawford realized the mistake he made and admit to himself his suspension is a blessing not just a punishment because there's still a chance he can go back to what he loves doing most-reffing again.

I just wish a little less Jack Nies in the playoffs for the Spurs now that Crawford is suspended indefinitely. We don't want any distractions.

Let's move. on.

aaronstampler
04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I feel bad for Crawford. I agreed the second tech wasn't called for, but him getting fired or forcing him to quit his job is a little overboard. The Spurs ultimately put an old hard working man on the streets to his demise, he's gonna starve.

A suspension until the playoffs and a 75,000 fine would have been better.

Stern didn't fire him or ask him to resign. He asked him to come to the office once the playoffs end so they could talk and Crawford said that he refuses to apologize and that he'd ring up Duncan again if the same thing happened. Then he quit. The guy has too much ego and he would rather quit then be lectured on how to do his job.

bulletedge
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Thank God that prick is gone. Now, if we can somehow get rid of Javie...maybe he will lose it at some point in the playoffs and suffer a similar fate.

E20
04-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Stern didn't fire him or ask him to resign. He asked him to come to the office once the playoffs end so they could talk and Crawford said that he refuses to apologize and that he'd ring up Duncan again if the same thing happened. Then he quit. The guy has too much ego and he would rather quit then be lectured on how to do his job.
This is what I mean by forced to quit. Knowing how bad the penalty is, I'd suspect he'd never go back. It was basically forcing him to resign.

howbouthemspurs
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Stephen A Smith is a jack ass