PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs play their starters tomorrow?

SpursDynasty
04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
3 of the 4 likely first round matchups (Dallas vs GS, SA vs Denver, Houston vs Utah) are all regular season games in the last week of the reg. season. All those match ups happen this week before the playoffs.

Do you all think SA should play its starters vs Denver tomorrow night? They will playing those guys again Saturday or Sunday.

mardigan
04-17-2007, 08:57 PM
No way we should play our starters. Let James White carry us. Pretty good scheduling by the league

exstatic
04-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Jeff: it's official. You are retarded.

Scratch that. It's an insult to retarded people. You are brain damaged.

SpursDynasty
04-17-2007, 09:34 PM

What part of my post backs up your statement of me being restarded?

SANANTOJAMES
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
no no no no no no no

Trainwreck2100
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM

How you going to hate on brain damaged people like that.

Tippecanoe
04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
bowen's gotta play. doesnt he have that record for consecutive games started?

The Truth #6
04-17-2007, 11:37 PM
We should play our scrubs. Don't show them anything. I actually want to see Butler and White play again. It's not the most exciting at times, but its great for everyone who has been dying all season to see them.

Budkin
04-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Sit them all for the whole game and let Denver think they can beat us.

T Park
04-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Duncan parker Ginobili Bowen, Horry, Finley should all sit.

Go ahead and make everyone else play.

Kori Ellis
04-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I think the starters should play some limited minutes. I don't want them sitting all the way til Sunday. 7 days with no game action isn't good.

J.T.
04-17-2007, 11:43 PM
I named my dog after Tim Duncan.

schadenfreude52
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Play them for a few minutes just to keep them warm. Denver doesn't stand much a chance against the Spurs in the playoffs. Plus, I wanna see more of this James White character.

J.T.
04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Denver doesn't stand ANY chance against the Spurs in the playoffs. They should just forfeit now.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2007, 12:16 AM
NO WAY rest everyone that is important to you and we'll see the Nuggets when it matters this weekend.

TMTTRIO
04-18-2007, 12:23 AM
The matchup sheet says that Tim, Tony, and Manu are not playing tonight even though I think they should at least play a few minutes (especially Manu) to keep in some kind of rhythm.

T-Pain
04-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I think the starters should play some limited minutes. I don't want them sitting all the way til Sunday. 7 days with no game action isn't good.
i agree. let them play at least 1 quarter.

picnroll
04-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Spurs will likely give their starteers a 20 - 25 minute run through.

With the Clippers almost certainly out there's not a single team in the West with a gimme in the first round except whoever gets the Lakers. The way the Jazz are playing they may be an easy mark too. Good news is GS plays the Mavs and Suns well so either Mavs or Suns have tough first round.

polandprzem
04-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Excactly, and Pop will do just that.

20-25 minutes

SPARKY
04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
5 man rotation tomorrow...

Udrih
White
Bonner
Butler
Ely

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Doesn't really matter..

Nuggets will kick your butts today and Sunday anyways ..

Any Wagers?

Voice of Truth
04-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Failed to reach 60 wins...

bigfish22
04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Off topic, but I wanted to get your guys' reaction to what I heard tonite.

I was watching the FOX Sports West Broadcast of the Clippers @ Phoenix tonight, and the Clippers' announcers were talking about how Dallas didn't play any of their starters against Golden State tonite (who need to lose 1 game for the Clippers to have a chance). By about the 3rd qtr Dallas was already down about 17-20 points and the announcers knew it was over. But then the announcer went on to say that what Dallas was doing (by not playing their starters), was a disgrace to the integrity of the game, and that someone should contact the league office about such behavior.

I don't see the logic behind the announcer's statements. The game means nothing to Dallas either way, and can only help the Clippers. Why would Avery risk injury to any of his starters for such a complete meaningless game? Why would any coach?

But Phoenix eventually did end up losing to the Clippers, even with all their starters playing full speed until the last basket. Which I don't really understand either, unless they wanted to beat the Clippers, ensuring that Dallas would face the Warriors in the first round who could possibly do their dirty work for them by knocking them out early?

dbreiden83080
04-18-2007, 01:28 AM

As long as they are competing hard in practice it will not matter. Spurs had a long time off in 2005 waiting on the Pistons to beat the Heat and they went out and whipped them in game 1 of the finals. Do not risk any injury in a game like this rest them, they will be ready for game 1.

bigfish22
04-18-2007, 01:41 AM
As long as they are competing hard in practice it will not matter. Spurs had a long time off in 2005 waiting on the Pistons to beat the Heat and they went out and whipped them in game 1 of the finals. Do not risk any injury in a game like this rest them, they will be ready for game 1.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg
It's easy to sum it up when you talk about practice. I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about practice. Not a game, we're talking about practice. How silly is that?

SPARKY
04-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Off topic, but I wanted to get your guys' reaction to what I heard tonite.

I was watching the FOX Sports West Broadcast of the Clippers @ Phoenix tonight, and the Clippers' announcers were talking about how Dallas didn't play any of their starters against Golden State tonite (who need to lose 1 game for the Clippers to have a chance). By about the 3rd qtr Dallas was already down about 17-20 points and the announcers knew it was over. But then the announcer went on to say that what Dallas was doing (by not playing their starters), was a disgrace to the integrity of the game, and that someone should contact the league office about such behavior.

I don't see the logic behind the announcer's statements. The game means nothing to Dallas either way, and can only help the Clippers. Why would Avery risk injury to any of his starters for such a complete meaningless game? Why would any coach?

But Phoenix eventually did end up losing to the Clippers, even with all their starters playing full speed until the last basket. Which I don't really understand either, unless they wanted to beat the Clippers, ensuring that Dallas would face the Warriors in the first round who could possibly do their dirty work for them by knocking them out early?

'Integrity of the game' is playing to win in the first 81 games.

milkyway21
04-18-2007, 03:47 AM
INJURIES
Spurs: Brent Barry (stomach virus) is questionable.(how long will he be out?)

Nuggets: Kenyon Martin (right knee surgery) is out.

PROJECTED INACTIVE PLAYERS
Spurs: Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.
Nuggets: Martin and Allen Iverson. Von Wafer is assigned to Development League.

NOTABLE
All Jackie Butler and James White fans are advised to attend tonight's game. With the teams scheduled to meet Sunday in the playoffs, neither the Spurs nor Nuggets are expected to play their stars in the final regular-season game. ... The Spurs won both of the teams' previous meetings this season: 92-83 at the Pepsi Center on Jan.10 when Carmelo Anthony was still serving his suspension; and 95-80 on Feb. 20 at the AT&T Center. ... The Nuggets have won nine of their past 10 games.
- Johnny Ludden (Express News)

---------
another meaningless game but there's J. flight White who can entertain us:D

Obstructed_View
04-18-2007, 04:44 AM
'Integrity of the game' is playing to win in the first 81 games.
Integrity of the game would have been not tanking to avoid the Mavs last year. The Clippers folks should count the revenue from the extra round of games and STFU.

LEONARD
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM

Poor Jeff...Spurs fan don't even like him...

leemajors
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Poor Jeff...Spurs fan don't even like him...

what would you do on this board without the joy jeffdrums brings to you? don't underrate the value of laughter, he should be appreciated.

LEONARD
04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
what would you do on this board without the joy jeffdrums brings to you? don't underrate the value of laughter, he should be appreciated.

There is no question...Jeff is the man IMO :fro