04-17-2007, 10:16 PM
in garbage game..vintage D'Antoni... :dramaquee

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
d'antoni has to be one of the 5 worst coaches in the league

he is beyond brutal

StylisticS
04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I am shocked honestly. What more do they have to prove or play for. I understand keeping them loose and all. But it's a huge risk to have your starters out there for nothing to play for.

ponky
04-17-2007, 10:55 PM
i love it, what an idiot

Obstructed_View
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I just love the karma, since the Clippers tanked in order to avoid the Mavs last year.

StylisticS
04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Nash is back in the game at the end of the 4th. LOL.

ponky
04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
clippers need to pick up a better point this summer, cassell just doesn't have it to get through even half a game

Borosai
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM
They either want to stay sharp for the playoffs, or they want to make sure GS gets the 8th seed.

By the way, Amare doesn't play D.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2007, 11:12 PM
They either want to stay sharp for the playoffs, or they want to make sure GS gets the 8th seed.

By the way, Amare doesn't play D.

i don't buy the "stay sharp for the playoffs" argument bc it is their last game of the season, let them rest

this is all about d''an idiot and his ego

Xylus
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
1. Suns want to eliminate the Clippers from playoff contention.
2. D'Antoni doesn't like the idea of giving the starters heavy rest before the playoffs begin, because it takes the team out of its rhythm.
3. They aren't playing heavy minutes.

With all that said, I still don't like it. Nash, Marion, Bell and Stoudemire shouldn't be playing more than 30 minutes each.

Budkin
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Damn the Suns are about to lose...

ponky
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Damn the Suns are about to lose...

sucks for the spurs BUT the good news is that they are going to lose twice in a row while actually trying to win...so in a way, that's good news going into the playoffs for everyone else who may face them

trueD
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Barbosa for 3, 34 seconds to go, Clips by 2.

If D'Antoni doesn't get coach of the year I'll eat someone's shorts. :)

trueD
04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Clips win.

Xylus
I'm just glad this game isn't going into overtime.

schadenfreude52
And the Clips win it..

cheguevara
04-17-2007, 11:28 PM
fucking crawford, you cost us HCA

Budkin
So Clips are the 8th seed now?

Kobulingam
1. Suns want to eliminate the Clippers from playoff contention.
2. D'Antoni doesn't like the idea of giving the starters heavy rest before the playoffs begin, because it takes the team out of its rhythm.
3. They aren't playing heavy minutes.

With all that said, I still don't like it. Nash, Marion, Bell and Stoudemire shouldn't be playing more than 30 minutes each.

What's heavy minutes? 33 minutes is light?
That's what the Spurs starters average.

Dirk Nowitzki
:madrun :madrun I want to know who we are going to play already god damnit!!

Amuseddaysleeper
So Clips are the 8th seed now?

not if GS beats portland tommorow

trueD
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm totally impressed that D'Antoni continues to compete. Some may think it not so smart, but consider what happened last year: Lakers took Suns to 7 games. That's significant because when Suns met Lakers for their final regular season game last year, D'Antoni held out Nash & Bell. Lakers won and secured the 7th spot, just 1 game ahead of the Kings in 8th...who many believe Suns were trying to avoid playing.

D'Antoni learned his lesson? Plus, they were trying to tie a franchise record of 62 wins.

Kobulingam
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm totally impressed that D'Antoni continues to compete. Some may think it not so smart, but consider what happened last year: Lakers took Suns to 7 games. That's significant because when Suns met Lakers for their final regular season game last year, D'Antoni held out Nash & Bell. Lakers won and secured the 7th spot, just 1 game ahead of the Kings in 8th...who many believe Suns were trying to avoid playing.

D'Antoni learned his lesson? Plus, they were trying to tie a franchise record of 62 wins.

But they got their ass beat two games in a row. So Suns will go into p-offs with low confidence.

In Houston game Nash was begging D'Antoni to put him back in the game to try for the win. And D'Antoni listened!!! ANd they got beat!!!

Xylus
04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
What's heavy minutes? 33 minutes is light?
That's what the Spurs starters average.
33 minutes isn't heavy minutes... that's about average.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2007, 11:32 PM

no no, even the Suns homer announcers were a bit upset at D'antoni competing.

Nash is only getting older, and the starters on the suns play a ton of minutes as it is, this pride thing is bullshit. If anything, the fact that the suns tried hard and still lost while having nothing to play for looks worse and probably hurts their confidence slightly.

Avery and Pop are doing the smart things right now, rest the guys, focus on the playoffs

Xylus
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
But they got their ass beat two games in a row. So Suns will go into p-offs with low confidence.

In Houston game Nash was begging D'Antoni to put him back in the game to try for the win. And D'Antoni listened!!! ANd they got beat!!!
:lol

Since when are losses of 3 and 4 points, respectively, against teams fighting for position in the playoffs considered ass-beatings?

trueD
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Nash, Bell & Amari with 32 MPT, Marion with 28.

Budkin
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Well at least the Suns players will be worn down come playoff time.

Xylus
04-17-2007, 11:35 PM
The Suns looked like they were having a lot of fun the whole game. A lot of laughter, no one taking anything too seriously...I really don't think the Suns' confidence is going to suffer as a result. I didn't expect the Suns to win both these games after they locked the #2 seed, especially since Houston was battling for home-court advantage, and the Clippers are fighting just to make it into the playoffs.

trueD
04-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Tim Thomas: "Sacramento tropmed on us. It was shocking, but just one of those things. "

:lol

ponky
04-17-2007, 11:37 PM
no no, even the Suns homer announcers were a bit upset at D'antoni competing.

Nash is only getting older, and the starters on the suns play a ton of minutes as it is, this pride thing is bullshit. If anything, the fact that the suns tried hard and still lost while having nothing to play for looks worse and probably hurts their confidence slightly.

Avery and Pop are doing the smart things right now, rest the guys, focus on the playoffs

absolutely correct. i'm glad avery's resting the guys, let the two eight seeds decide their fates by battling it out tomorrow night against teams that might show up and play because they have nothing to lose and know they could impact the seeding. i'm actually getting psyched about the possibility that the first round might finally be interesting if we play the warriors.

Xylus
04-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Last season, the Suns rested Nash and a couple of starters against the Lakers in the last game of the year, lost the game, and it turned out to have a detrimental effect. The Lakers gained confidence from the victory and came out firing against us in the first round despite the fact that we had owned them throughout the rest of the regular season.

Rest is good, but I'd watch out. If you think the Warriors aren't going to be proud of routing the Mavericks, Nowitzki or no Nowitzki, you'd be fooling yourself.

RonMexico
04-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Haven't even watched these last two games... I was cooking Joey Crawford dinner

Just kidding... been traveling too much and too tired to watch them - saw the end of this Suns game... meh, as long as a lull doesn't carry over into the playoffs. I don't know what a game or two would do to rest the Suns at this point in time... maybe D'Antoni is trying to change it up because he rested Bell and Nash last year and both of them broke down against Dallas?

Personally, the key for the Suns is not taking 7 games to get out of the first round... if they meet the Spurs in the 2nd, then 6-7 would probably be expected, so I can't much hope for a 5-game series (at least one in which the Suns would win).

J.T.
04-17-2007, 11:42 PM
So all the Warriors have to do now is beat Portland tomorrow? Meh, easy.