PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal set to discuss future with PacersRumor Nuggets will move Camby

ducks
04-18-2007, 09:23 AM
NBA Rumors
O'Neal set to discuss future with Pacers
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 1:09 pm EDT

Indiana Pacers' forward Jermaine O'Neal will sit down with management when the season ends. He has talked repeatedly of the possibility of seeking a trade but has recently toned down that stance.

"I want to retire here, but I understand the business part of it," he said. "The business part is brutal. If they feel they can't rebuild the team, they have to tear the team down."

Source: Indianapolis Star

===================================

Rumor Nuggets will move Camby
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm EDT

With Nene's contract extension, the Denver Nuggets go well over the luxury-tax threshold and the rumor is the team will look to move Marcus Camby this summer for financial reasons despite his stellar defensive play.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Rumor Contract extension for Grizzlies' Kinsey
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 1:03 pm EDT

Seven months and a string of stellar performances later, Memphis Grizzlies' guard Tarence Kinsey may just have the last laugh. His NBA audition is so serious and highly regarded that Kinsey likely earned a contract extension.

The Grizzlies are expected to pick up a team option for the 2007-08 season for the minimum salary-paid rookie. He could receive a stronger commitment based on growing reverence from the coaching staff and management.

Source: Memphis Commercial Appeal

Rumor Brand promises changes for Clippers
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 12:56 pm EDT

Los Angeles Clippers' forward Elton Brand was disgusted with the effort of some teammates, who apparently were unaware the Sacramento Kings would attempt to win Sunday's game, which they did.

The Clippers now need help to qualify for the Western Conference playoffs, and Brand was already looking toward the future.

"If we don't make the playoffs, I guarantee you we're going to have guys in here next year who are going to fight if we're in this position again," Brand said. "Oh, yeah, definitely. I know that for sure.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Rumor Frank could get extension with Nets
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 12 pm EDT

New Jersey Nets' ownership and management stood behind coach Lawrence Frank throughout this tumultuous season, and were rewarded with another postseason berth.

"I think it shows the quality of the coach and the quality of the person," team president Rod Thorn said.

Frank, who is signed through next season, could get an extension this summer.

Source: Bergen Record

Rumor Mark Jackson could be next Pacers' coach
Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 12:34 pm EDT

NBA analyst Mark Jackson was among 12 players named to the Indiana Pacers' 40th Anniversary Team. Jackson is also a possible candidate for the Pacers' head coaching position if Rick Carlisle is fired.

Source: Bergen Record
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors

JamStone
04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
For one of the few times, I agree with Bill Simmons on the topic of max players bitching and complaining about a trade. You get paid max money and you can't deliver, well, don't bitch about getting a trade. Get a buyout for like 15% of the remainder of the contract and prove you're a loser somewhere else. You want to be a max player, don't bitch when the team sucks. It's on you. It's not completely the management's fault they can't put a team around you. You're supposed to lead the team.

So stop bitching, Jermaine. That goes for you too, KG and Paul Pierce and Pau Gasol and anyone else who makes way too much money to be the best player on a horrible team.

Sec24Row7
04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Man... I would love to have camby... even if it was only for half a regular season... as long as he was healthy in the playoffs... we need our next round of "come play with us to win a championship for less money" stars...

AFBlue
04-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Man... I would love to have camby... even if it was only for half a regular season... as long as he was healthy in the playoffs... we need our next round of "come play with us to win a championship for less money" stars...

Camby is under contract for $10M a season until like 2010....sorry.

PJ Brown, Joe Smith, and Grant Hill all fit that mold though...and they're FAs.

mardigan
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070418&sportCat=nba

Another Simmons article from Espn.com on the MVP race

Medvedenko
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Oneal should come to the Lakers....

Bruno
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM

The Nuggets want to trade Camby come from a Sam Smith article : take it with a big grain of salt. ;)

AFBlue
04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Oneal should come to the Lakers....

It would take Odom to get it done, though I don't know why the Pacers would want another perimeter-oriented forward...

Still....Odom + Kwame's expiring contract might work

Axl Van Dam
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM
:hungry: Marcus Camby on the Spurs would be OFF THE CHARTS!!!!! :hungry: