PDA

View Full Version : So the Nuggets bench is better than the Spurs bench?

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Since both teams rested their star players , alot of people say that one of the Nuggets weakness is their bench and that the Spurs bench would run circles around them...

But after the Nuggets-Spurs final game, The Nuggets bench completely destroyed the Spurs bench. leaving the question Who's bench is better?

I will stick to my prediction and say Nuggets will pull the Upset. Why?

Because they will outscore the Spurs, they don't need to play defense because the Spurs defense is suspect at best.

Conclusion:

Nuggets bench>>Spurs bench.

Starters:

Carmelo Anthony>>>>Bruce Bowen
Nene Hilario<Tim Duncan
Marcus Camby>>>Francisco Elson
Allen Iverson>>>>>>Michael Finley
Steve Blake<<Tony Parker

Coaching:

Popazit>George Karl

Advantage: Denver Nuggets

Series Winner: Denver Nuggets in 6 Games

ponky
04-19-2007, 01:32 AM
what about ginobili?...anyway, it won't be a cakewalk for the spurs, najera has become a better defender in denver and kleiza has really picked it up the second half of the season...camby and nene will try to do their work in the paint while melo and ai do their thing. spurs should be alright and get it done in six but they will be very competitive games

Kori Ellis
04-19-2007, 01:34 AM
The Spurs players that got the bulk minutes tonight - JWhite, Butler and Beno - will barely see the floor in the postseason, if at all. They aren't exactly the players that you need to look at to compare benches.

But you already knew that.

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 01:35 AM
what about ginobili?...anyway, it won't be a cakewalk for the spurs, najera has become a better defender in denver and kleiza has really picked it up the second half of the season...camby and nene will try to do their work in the paint while melo and ai do their thing. spurs should be alright and get it done in six but they will be very competitive games

Ginobili is not a starter, he can't do it all coming off the bench

Flight3107
04-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Because they will outscore the Spurs, they don't need to play defense because the Spurs defense is suspect at best.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

ponky
04-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Ginobili is not a starter, he can't do it all coming off the bench

sorry, ginobili is a starter, i don't care what the proper *definition* is of a starter...to me, the guy with the third-highest MPG is a freakin' starter....ok, fourth-highest, forgot about bowen

THE SIXTH MAN
04-19-2007, 01:39 AM
The nuggets do have a pretty good bench. Linas Kleiza continues to impress me.

ponky
04-19-2007, 01:42 AM
The nuggets do have a pretty good bench. Linas Kleiza continues to impress me.

yup, if they could just get diawara to stop jacking up 3s, he's like another antoine walker

Flight3107
04-19-2007, 01:43 AM
yup, if they could just get diawara to stop jacking up 3s, he's like another antoine walker

Without the "shimmy" of course.

mathbzh
04-19-2007, 03:05 AM
He jacks up less 3s lately maybe someone spoke to him.

Kobulingam
04-19-2007, 03:14 AM
The thing is:

Duncan > ( Carmelo + AI + 1 )^n where n is an number between 2 and 4.12

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 03:40 AM
The thing is:

Duncan > ( Carmelo + AI + 1 )^n where n is an number between 2 and 4.12

Really?

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2007, 03:45 AM
if camby gets dpoy, nothing makes me more happy than seeing duncan toying him....

and if td doesnt get his calls, expect a few refs to be suspended.

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 03:49 AM
:smokin
if camby gets dpoy, nothing makes me more happy than seeing duncan toying him....

and if td doesnt get his calls, expect a few refs to be suspended.

:drunk :smokin

johngateswhiteley
04-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Since both teams rested their star players , alot of people say that one of the Nuggets weakness is their bench and that the Spurs bench would run circles around them...

But after the Nuggets-Spurs final game, The Nuggets bench completely destroyed the Spurs bench. leaving the question Who's bench is better?

Conclusion:

Starters:

Nene Hilario<Tim Duncan
Steve Blake<<Tony Parker

Coaching:

Popazit>George Karl

are you an idiot?

L.I.T
04-19-2007, 03:57 AM
Ah, that's right! This is the NBA, stars and coaching don't win games, crack induced hallucinations do.

toosmallshoes
04-19-2007, 04:09 AM
Nene<Duncan???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
Duncan>Nuggets.

aaronstampler
04-19-2007, 04:19 AM
It's useless even arguing with him.

He thinks TP is just a little bit better than Blake and Duncan is just a little bit better than Nene, but Iverson and Carmelo are >>>>>>> than their guys.

And he completely forgot about Manu in his "analysis."

But like the other poster said, anyone who says Spurs aren't good at defense should be dismissed out of hand.

George Gervin's Afro
04-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Conclusion:

Starters:

Nene Hilario<Tim Duncan
Steve Blake<<Tony Parker

Coaching:

Popazit>George Karl

You right run and gun teams that play zero defense always do well in the playoffs.. :rolleyes

ponky
04-19-2007, 07:15 AM
You right run and gun teams that play zero defense always do well in the playoffs.. :rolleyes

The Nuggets, particularly since the All-Star break, have been a little more interested in defense, although of course, we're not talking about the kind of great defense that San Antonio plays. They still are mostly an offensive minded team but like the Suns, they love to steal the ball (second in the league) and of course, they block those shots out of the paint with Camby and Nene. Their main problem has been turnovers, which they've worked hard to reduce so that those steals and blocks can actually mean something. Also, Melo and AI get to the line a lot, they are something like 3-4th in the league in free throw attempts. I'm not saying they will win the series or are even great at defense, but it's not like they don't play any defense, especially if you consider how different their games have been the last month and half or so.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Denver might be more committed to defense now than they were earlier this year, but they are still only 3-23 when they fail to score 100 points. That would suggest to me that they aren't exactly capable of locking teams down and winning games when they struggle to score the basketball. Likewise, Denver has held opponents under 100 points only 28 times this season.

By contrast, the Spurs allowed 100 points only 14 times all season (2 of those 14 were games against Phoenix; another 2 of those were the last 2 games of the season when Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili didn't play). The Spurs are 2-12 in games in which their opponents score 100+. By contrast, the Spurs are 33-4 in games in which they score 100.

Controlling and dictating tempo will likely be the decisive factor in the series.

mathbzh
04-19-2007, 07:50 AM
So if TD, TP, Gino, AI, Melo and Camby are down we are swept... :smchode:
We are doomed :bang

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 07:53 AM
That game was a preview of absolutely nothing, but nice analysis, Heat fan.

:rolleyes

Dave McNulla
04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
the voice of truth should be worried about his heat getting upset. spurs get this upset story every year. kings, nuggets (they were hotter that season than this one), grizz, suns, etc.

i just have a hard time taking any post that says popozit seriously. it's got a 7th grade sensibility to it.

Taco
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
are you an idiot?
:lol

gino>yourlife
04-19-2007, 08:10 AM
wow... just wow

Cry Havoc
04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Can't believe you guys haven't picked up on this yet, but Voice of Truth is one of the most idiotic posters on the board. Check his other posts if you don't believe me. Let's end this thread, now. It's not even worth discussing.

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM

True but I still think the Nuggets will surprise the Spurs

Kori Ellis
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Can't believe you guys haven't picked up on this yet, but Voice of Truth is one of the most idiotic posters on the board. Check his other posts if you don't believe me. Let's end this thread, now. It's not even worth discussing.

I believe everyone is aware he's just a troll.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2007, 12:17 PM
The Nuggets will play the Spurs tough, no doubt. AI is a playoff performer and Carmelo is a tough matchup for us. Camby is tough in the middle.

Spurs in 5.

Voice of Truth
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I believe everyone is aware he's just a troll.

Watch out!

I'm not disrespecting you...so if you want respect you better respect me...

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Watch out!

I'm not disrespecting you...so if you want respect you better respect me...

:lol

Texas_Ranger
04-19-2007, 12:38 PM
No.

rayray2k8
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
where the hell did you come from???
well... You might as well entertain us with your predictions that you keep pulling out of your ass.

bdictjames
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Stop worrying about the Spurs. They're accustomed to these type of teams.

The only team you have to worry about is your Heat. I say Bulls in 6.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Voice of Truth sounds a bit like wolves009seed or that Pacers' troll from a couple of years ago who promised an easy Pacers' win over the Spurs in the Finals.

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
You guys and gals need to get lives.

SkunkinDuncan
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Who cares about the Nuggets bench. Karl will drop his playoff rotation to 8 like always and it will come down to Manu-Parker-Duncan-Bowen vs.
Melo-AI-Camby-?. It's not like Reggie Evans will actually play in the series, he's gotten 100 total minutes the last 2 months.

samikeyp
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Voice...

While I disagree with your prediction, if you prove to be right I will be one of the first to congratulate you on being correct. My question is will you be equally sporting if you are incorrect and the Spurs win the series? Sadly we have some folks here you make similar claims and predictions but when they are wrong...the disappear.

tlongII
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
This should be a relatively easy series for the Nuggets. The Spurs are too focused on Dallas and will frankly not be competitive against Denver. It's a shame really.

samikeyp
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
This should be a relatively easy series for the Nuggets. The Spurs are too focused on Dallas and will frankly not be competitive against Denver. It's a shame really.

Actually I think the fans are focused on Dallas....I doubt the team is at the moment.

fitzgerald
04-19-2007, 01:13 PM

Hey DarrinS,

That girl bouncing around is so distracting. I begin to write a post and then forget what I was about to say. Who is she anyway? There I go again!!!!

flowman1234
04-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Bulls>Heat cuz wades not 100% and shaq is a marano

cherylsteele
04-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Conclusion:

Starters:

Nene Hilario<Tim Duncan
Steve Blake<<Tony Parker

Coaching:

Popazit>George Karl

So to sum it up.......
Denver's scrubs who will probably not play in the playoffs defeated the Spurs' scrubs who will probably not play in the playoffs. Yep that is a tale tell sign of what each team can do. :rolleyes
You actually think Ely, White, Beno, and Butler are the team we will play in the playoffs?

You must not be the brightest crayon in the box huh?

cheguevara
04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
So if the Coyote gets his ass kicked by the Denver mascot. Denver will win the series? :rolleyes

wildbill2u
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
There are no easy teams in the West. Put Denver, Houston or Utah in thee East and they'd be better than most of their teams.

should be some great BB in the playoffs.

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 04:53 PM
So if the Coyote gets his ass kicked by the Denver mascot. Denver will win the series? :rolleyes

you really need a girl

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
let me tell you about some massage parlors.

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
so how FAT are you cheguevara?

mardigan
04-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey DarrinS,

That girl bouncing around is so distracting. I begin to write a post and then forget what I was about to say. Who is she anyway? There I go again!!!!
Look in his sig, he was forced to name her there because of the constant questioning

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 04:59 PM
not trying to be a troll from a guy that wears the SB rings himself.

Where do you get off?

whoops.. not me of course.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 05:01 PM
not trying to be a troll from a guy that wears the SB rings himself.

Where do you get off?

whoops.. not me of course.
Huh? Who is this directed at Phonz?

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:01 PM
we got two rings and there is nothing you could have done about it. You had no team

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I didn't mean to come hard like that. I want to have a friendly relationship but a few posters... I had to remind them of that

Kobulingam
04-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Spurs have the best player in the NBA: Duncan.

Who cares if the players deep on our bench suck? It's not like Butler and Flight White are going to be playing.

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Spurs have the best player in the NBA: Duncan.

Who cares if the players deep on our bench suck? It's not like Butler and Flight White are going to be playing.

I care like this.....

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Bowl 32 and 33 .. hmmm

:)

edit: whoops... 31 and 2

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Nfl > Nba

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:09 PM
ain't talking now are ya?

Kobulingam
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I care like this.....

Bend over and prelube yourself before the first round starts.

Phonzie20
not meaning to fight with you but some tool made me.

Phonzie20
Bend over and prelube yourself before the first round starts.

I'm pretty sure.

were you trying to get a rise out of me?

Phonzie20
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
this will be a fun PO

Leetonidas
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Phonz, no offense but, make some fucking sense or STFU because you are seriously uttering incoherent BS and no one knows what you're talking about. We're not talking about football, we're talking about basketball so get behind your team and stop with the rambling because you're a better poster than that.

kthx. :)

cheguevara
04-19-2007, 06:50 PM
so how FAT are you cheguevara?

180 pounds, about half you mom's weight :lmao

ArgSpursFan
04-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Conclusion:

Nuggets bench<manu ginobili(by himself)(fixed)
Starters:

Nene Hilario<Tim Duncan
Steve Blake<<Tony Parker

Coaching:

Popazit>George Karl???? :nope

Series Winner: SA Spurs in 6 Games(fixed again)

And I´m being generous by saying spurs win in 6.

Cara De Dedão
04-19-2007, 07:10 PM
So, Phonzie... Been hitting the old Hennessy again?

Trainwreck2100
04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
180 pounds, about half you mom's weight :lmao

You know better den to hate on some fool's mama. Stuff like that is off limits.

Voice of Truth
04-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Voice...

While I disagree with your prediction, if you prove to be right I will be one of the first to congratulate you on being correct. My question is will you be equally sporting if you are incorrect and the Spurs win the series? Sadly we have some folks here you make similar claims and predictions but when they are wrong...the disappear.

I'll be here to eat crow if the Spurs win, but if they lose I want everyone (including the dictator chick) apologizing and kissing my behind.

johngateswhiteley
04-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Phonz, no offense but, make some fucking sense or STFU because you are seriously uttering incoherent BS and no one knows what you're talking about. We're not talking about football, we're talking about basketball so get behind your team and stop with the rambling because you're a better poster than that.

i know what he is talking about. but, then again, i have my super duper nuggets decoder ring. hey Phonz...

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2007, 04:00 AM
i remember reading at the start of the season or was it last season, that our bench can hang out with other starting teams rosters, in this case = no.

Dalhoop
04-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Nuggets don't play defense as a team. They do have defensive players. Of all the teams in the Western playoffs, the Nuggets are the most capable of defending great power forwards.

Now can they stop Duncan, No, but they are capable of containing him with their roster of defensive bigs, they don't have to double.

Where the Nuggets are going to run into problems in is stopping the team play of the Spurs. If the Spurs work the ball around and not just pass into the post, they will find a good look.

The Nuggets will not be pushovers, but if the Spurs maintain the game plan and not start running with them, it should be over in six.

samikeyp
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
I'll be here to eat crow if the Spurs win, but if they lose I want everyone (including the dictator chick) apologizing and kissing my behind.

I would have no reason to apologize and you can kiss your own behind, but I would congratulate you. :)

SpursWoman
04-20-2007, 07:55 AM
we got two rings and there is nothing you could have done about it. You had no team

Oddly enough, I really missed you. :lol

mathbzh
04-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Nfl > Nba
And Soccer >>>>>>>NFL

But I don't see how it will help your chicken nuggets

41times
04-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Mean while back to the topic of the thread.

I agree that the Spurs bench is weak and will eveuntually be their achilles vs. Dallas.

But the fact that the Spurs have Timmy, Parker, Manu and Pop will offset whatever the Nuggs can throw their way.

cheguevara
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
^ too bad Dallas will lose in 1st round though

Cry Havoc
04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Bowl 32 and 33 .. hmmm

:)

edit: whoops... 31 and 2

You obviously covet those SB Titles so much you cannot even remember which years they were in. Bravo.

I don't think you want to compare Denver's SB history with the Cowboys... you'll lose. :lol

As for the Spurs, we're perinnially ranked in the Top 5 franchises in all of sports. Be jealous. :toast

Bwild
04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Manu is better then any player the Nuggets can bring off the bench and it's not even close. Even if you consider him a starter and trade him out with Finley then Fin is still better then any Nuggets bench player. How deep into his bench does Pop usually go come the playoffs? 8 maybe 9. Who else comes off the bench? Horry's probably washed up by now but you can't discount the clutch factor. Barry is probably as good as anybody off the Denver bench. Not sure who else is there but I think the Spurs have a huge edge in the 6th man spot and are atleast equal in the 7th & 8th man spots.

The Nuggets will probably only go 9. Najera, Kleiza, JR & Evans. Najera & Evans are just hustle players nothing to write home about but they serve their purpose well. JR & Kleiza are their shooters. They'll be in there to try to spread the floor for AI & Melo.

confined
04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
bottom line...if the nuggets score 200 points a game they win...end of story

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Yeah, i was reading back and I was being a prick. sorry guys :)

41times
04-20-2007, 01:54 PM
^ too bad Dallas will lose in 1st round though

:spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

cambrad
04-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Denver might be more committed to defense now than they were earlier this year, but they are still only 3-23 when they fail to score 100 points. That would suggest to me that they aren't exactly capable of locking teams down and winning games when they struggle to score the basketball. Likewise, Denver has held opponents under 100 points only 28 times this season.

By contrast, the Spurs allowed 100 points only 14 times all season (2 of those 14 were games against Phoenix; another 2 of those were the last 2 games of the season when Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili didn't play). The Spurs are 2-12 in games in which their opponents score 100+. By contrast, the Spurs are 33-4 in games in which they score 100.

Controlling and dictating tempo will likely be the decisive factor in the series.

Denver was 2-0 in sub 100pt games in April. Perhaps an upward trend?

cambrad
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
So, Phonzie... Been hitting the old Hennessy again?

:spin

mardigan
04-20-2007, 02:11 PM
And Soccer >>>>>>>NFL

But I don't see how it will help your chicken nuggets
You must be smoking crack

Holt's Cat
04-20-2007, 08:14 PM
There should be tests before someone can access the internets.