PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things I saw last night

2centsworth
04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
10. Beno has no confidence but some skill

9. Brent Barry looks like he's on another planet.

8. Elson has some upside.

7. Fin has a beautiful stroke

6. Horry needs to hustle because his shot has disappeared and his caginess isn't enough.

5. Jackie Butler has skill around the basket but needs a dose of adrenaline.

4. Melvin Ely is a very good college player.

3. James White has a high desire to make it.

2. James White has the skill to make it.

1. Seems like all the Spurs who matter think White can make it.

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 11:07 AM
10. Beno has no confidence but some skill

9. Brent Barry looks like he's on another planet.

8. Elson has some upside.

7. Fin has a beautiful stroke

6. Horry needs to hustle because his shot has disappeared and his caginess isn't enough.

5. Jackie Butler has skill around the basket but needs a dose of adrenaline.

4. Melvin Ely is a very good college player.

3. James White has a high desire to make it.

2. James White has the skill to make it.

1. Seems like all the Spurs who matter think White can make it.

You actually watched that game? I have it on DVR, but I'm going to delete it when I get home.

2centsworth
04-19-2007, 11:09 AM
You actually watched that game? I have it on DVR, but I'm going to delete it when I get home.
I was there lol. Seats were an offer I couldn't refuse.

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Cool. The one thing I've noticed about White is that he needs to put on about 10-20 pounds or he's gonna get killed.

Sec24Row7
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
White needs to be able to get to the hole by himself...

I havent seen an ability from him to get to the rim and break down defenses...

Mr. Body
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Getting to the hole isn't something Bowen does well, either. So, if White is supposed to take his role over, that's net neutral.

White won't put on much weight. He's already tried. He just has the metabolism of a speed freak.

Samr
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
The fact that Pop mentioned White in regard to the bomb threat incident (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA041407.06C.BKNspurs.notebook.38ff97a.html) shows the same kind of backhanded respect he gave team rookies like Parker, Duncan, Manu etc. I am by no means comparing white to them, but Pop's comments made me think JW will be around for a while. He could have used Ely, Butler, Bonner, anyone, but he picked the one kid who'll be around long enough to take the abuse.

2centsworth
04-19-2007, 12:11 PM
White needs to be able to get to the hole by himself...

I havent seen an ability from him to get to the rim and break down defenses...
I saw him get to the hole 4 or 5 times last night, but he didn't finish which is not unusual for rookies. However, he did get fouled a couple of times and went to the line. Plus, he played pretty darn good defense last night.

Bruno
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
The fact that Pop mentioned White in regard to the bomb threat incident (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA041407.06C.BKNspurs.notebook.38ff97a.html) shows the same kind of backhanded respect he gave team rookies like Parker, Duncan, Manu etc. I am by no means comparing white to them, but Pop's comments made me think JW will be around for a while. He could have used Ely, Butler, Bonner, anyone, but he picked the one kid who'll be around long enough to take the abuse.

What a strange theory.
First, Ely, Butler, Bonner aren't nba rookies.
Second, Pop has too make jokes with Melvin Sanders last year.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39348

Old man and the rim: Tim Duncan turned 30 on Tuesday, and at least one of his teammates thinks the days of shuffleboard and prune juice can't be far ahead.

"He's the same age as Eva (Longoria)," Tony Parker said. "That's old."

Rookie guard Melvin Sanders brought Duncan cupcakes and other treats at the Spurs' morning shootaround and sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

"He's trying to get an extended contract, so he figured the best way to do that was to be Timmy's best friend," Popovich said. "So he actually baked for him. We told him it was sad and almost depraved to watch the extent to which he would suck up for a contract. He has no pride whatsoever."

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I think Flight is going to be here for awhile.

mVp
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
The one thing I've noticed about White is that he needs to put on about 10-20 pounds or he's gonna get killed.

haha... true