PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs will get a taste of what the Lakers have gone thru all season.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
The officials will have a new whipping boy in the playoffs. You know that he will not get any calls and it will be frustrating for you to see him have to go thru bullshit like that. Tim Duncan will take the place of Kobe Bryant, as a superstar who can't buy a call. Good luck with that!

Mr. Body
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I didn't realize the Lakers have gone thru anything at all this season, other than being generally ignored. Of course, the Spurs are well accustomed to that...

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Kobe Bryant -- who shot 50 more free throws this season than anyone else in the Association and was one of only 2 guys (along with D. Wade) to shoot more than 10 free throws per game -- couldn't buy a call this year?

Lakerfan must think Kobe deserves to go to the line every time he's breathed upon.

Cry Havoc
04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
It will be interesting to see how the fouls go between Denver, with two superstars who can make flashy plays, and the Spurs who play a gritty style of defense.

I seriously doubt Duncan will be on the receiving end of more bad calls than average.

As for Kobe, hey, how's he doing? Has he been flinging elbows into anyone's faces lately?

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I didn't realize the Lakers have gone thru anything at all this season, other than being generally ignored. Of course, the Spurs are well accustomed to that...

Kobe was definitely ignored when being fouled last season. He took a beating with no calls from the ref's. Anytime a player takes 33 shots and goes to the line 4 times, you know he's not getting calls.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Kobe was definitely ignored when being fouled last season. He took a beating with no calls from the ref's. Anytime a player takes 33 shots and goes to the line 4 times, you know he's not getting calls.

There's some proportionate allocation of FTA to FGA? Funny, I thought a player had to be fouled before he went to line, whether he took one shot in a game or one hundred.

The crying about Kobe getting "no calls" is ridiculous when you consider that nobody in the league shot more free throws this year.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Kobe Bryant -- who shot 50 more free throws this season than anyone else in the Association and was one of only 2 guys (along with D. Wade) to shoot more than 10 free throws per game -- couldn't buy a call this year?

Lakerfan must think Kobe deserves to go to the line every time he's breathed upon.

No, just everytime he's fouled. Im sure Kobes FGA was more than any other player in the league, so of course the stats will show him shooting 10 freethrows a game. How many shots did Wade put up to go to the line 10 times a game?

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm sure you were still worried about Kobe getting "no calls" when he got 20 FTA on 21 FGA at Sacramento on 1/4; or when he got 19 FTA on 22 FGA against the Warriors on 1/22; or when he got 24 FTA on 22 FGA at Utah on 2/26; or maybe when he got 18 FTA on 19 FGA against Dallas on 3/11; and when he got 24 FTA on 27 FGA at Seattle on 4/6.

I'm sure.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I cant believe Laker fans are still crying. You should be thinking about the Suns, not the Spurs fortunes

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
There's some proportionate allocation of FTA to FGA? Funny, I thought a player had to be fouled before he went to line, whether he took one shot in a game or one hundred.

The crying about Kobe getting "no calls" is ridiculous when you consider that nobody in the league shot more free throws this year.

of course it is. You can't go to the line often unless you shoot often. If you noticed all of the players with high FGA are leaders in Freethrows.

phyzik
04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm sure you were still worried about Kobe getting "no calls" when he got 20 FTA on 21 FGA at Sacramento on 1/4; or when he got 19 FTA on 22 FGA against the Warriors on 1/22; or when he got 24 FTA on 22 FGA at Utah on 2/26; or maybe when he got 18 FTA on 19 FGA against Dallas on 3/11; and when he got 24 FTA on 27 FGA at Seattle on 4/6.

I'm sure.

:owned

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
No, just everytime he's fouled. Im sure Kobes FGA was more than any other player in the league, so of course the stats will show him shooting 10 freethrows a game. How many shots did Wade put up to go to the line 10 times a game?

Given that logic, it's Carmelo Anthony, not Kobe Bryant, who should have the biggest complaint about officiating. Carmelo took .4 fewer shots per game than Kobe (22.8 FGA/g for KBB; 22.4 FGA/g for Melo) but only got to the line for 8.7 FTA/g. Melo hoisted up almost as many shots as Kobe did on a per ngiht basis, but got to the line for 2 fewer FTA every night.

Boo hoo for Kobe. But boo hoo hoo hoo for Carmelo. The plight of the disrespected, volume-shooting superstar. There just aren't enough officials who are willing to recognize their entitlement to spend an evening on the free throw line.

degenerate_gambler
04-19-2007, 11:58 AM

I think that tradition started with Kareem.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Or against NJ, 8-24, 4 fT, or NO, 10-17, 2 FT, or Philadelphia 15-22, 2 FT. I could go on and on,

Brutalis
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Retard Alert

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Retard Alert

Thanks for the warning to your participation.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:11 PM
I wonder if the Referee's will have Crawford's number on their shoulders? :lol

Big P
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Darkwaters
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the warning to your participation.

Dude, you've been shown up. Quit before you get completely disgraced here. You have no validity to your off the cuff claims.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Dude, you've been shown up. Quit before you get completely disgraced here. You have no validity to your off the cuff claims.

:lol @ Spurs fans

mardigan
04-19-2007, 12:17 PM
:lol @ Spurs fans
Por que?
Why do you even care, the playoffs are about to start and your still crying about some shit that happened 2 months ago? Get over it. Laugh at Laker fans that still cat get over Kobes dirty elbows

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Por que?
Why do you even care, the playoffs are about to start and your still crying about some shit that happened 2 months ago? Get over it. Laugh at Laker fans that still cat get over Kobes dirty elbows

You guys are legends in your own minds. It was just an observation and Timmie is already crying for fair calls in the playoffs. He knows its coming!

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Or against NJ, 8-24, 4 fT, or NO, 10-17, 2 FT, or Philadelphia 15-22, 2 FT. I could go on and on,

As could I. I just picked out a few examples to discredit your nonsensical whining.

Kobe gets more than his fair share of calls. I'm not sure why Lakerfan is so convinced that the league is out to get Kobe. Just because he doesn't get away with anything he wants to isn't proof that he's somehow being persecuted. Shooting more FT than anyone in the game is pretty significant proof that there isn't some agenda to withhold calls and deprive Kobe of his opportunity to score.

ambchang
04-19-2007, 12:28 PM
No he wasn't being ignored by the refs last season (05-06)
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56714
I did an analysis based on the FGA and FTAs, and I broke down the FGA based on 3pters, , outside shots excluding 3 pters, inside shots excluding dunks and tips, dunks, and tips shots.
Out of all NBA players, Kobe ranked 24th in terms of the difference between expected FTAs and actual FTAs.
BTW, if I remember correctly, Parker is somewhere in the bottom, which really isn't surprising given how often he scores on layups.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
As could I. I just picked out a few examples to discredit your nonsensical whining.

Kobe gets more than his fair share of calls. I'm not sure why Lakerfan is so convinced that the league is out to get Kobe. Just because he doesn't get away with anything he wants to isn't proof that he's somehow being persecuted. Shooting more FT than anyone in the game is pretty significant proof that there isn't some agenda to withhold calls and deprive Kobe of his opportunity to score.

Likewise
Just a few examples amongst many to discredit your nonsense

mardigan
04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Likewise
Well we will just have to hope that Timmy doesnt throw any dirty elbows to get the refs attention

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I did an analysis based on the FGA and FTAs, and I broke down the FGA based on 3pters, , outside shots excluding 3 pters, inside shots excluding dunks and tips, dunks, and tips shots.
Out of all NBA players, Kobe ranked 24th in terms of the difference between expected FTAs and actual FTAs.
BTW, if I remember correctly, Parker is somewhere in the bottom, which really isn't surprising given how often he scores on layups.

Okay, I will look it over

ambchang
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Likewise

of course, this is what you said originally

The officials will have a new whipping boy in the playoffs. You know that he will not get any calls and it will be frustrating for you to see him have to go thru bullshit like that. Tim Duncan will take the place of Kobe Bryant, as a superstar who can't buy a call. Good luck with that!
"not get any calls" would be to say that Kobe consistently gets less FTA than he should. You used FGA and FTA as a correlation. FWD already showed that Carmelo Anthony got less FTAs with similar number of FTs, he also showed there are multiple cases where Kobe got a suspiciously high number of FTAs based on the FGA, this is proving your claim false by contradiction.
Also see my other posts on expected FTA based on FGA. It would be nice if you can just show some statistics, FWD already showed that Bryant is #1 in the NBA in FTA, and #2 in FTA/Game, where is your evidence?

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
of course, this is what you said originally

"not get any calls" would be to say that Kobe consistently gets less FTA than he should. You used FGA and FTA as a correlation. FWD already showed that Carmelo Anthony got less FTAs with similar number of FTs, he also showed there are multiple cases where Kobe got a suspiciously high number of FTAs based on the FGA, this is proving your claim false by contradiction.
Also see my other posts on expected FTA based on FGA. It would be nice if you can just show some statistics, FWD already showed that Bryant is #1 in the NBA in FTA, and #2 in FTA/Game, where is your evidence?

I think I posted evidence of Kobe not getting calls with a high number of FGA, Wade has never attempted less than 4 freethrows a game but I will revisit these stats and get back to you.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Duncan Hopes Refs Treat Spurs Fairly

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Spurs star Tim Duncan said he hopes he and his teammates "get a fair shake" from officials in the wake of NBA referee Joey Crawford's suspension.

http://www.columbian.com/sports/APStories/AP04182007news128769.cfm

rayray2k8
04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
The lakers acutally made the playoffs??????!!!!! :lmao

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I think I posted evidence of Kobe not getting calls with a high number of FGA, Wade has never attempted less than 4 freethrows a game but I will revisit these stats and get back to you.

And what about the Carmelo conundrum?

Is he just not enough of a superstar to make his volume shooting (equal to Kobe's) count?

mardigan
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Duncan Hopes Refs Treat Spurs Fairly

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Spurs star Tim Duncan said he hopes he and his teammates "get a fair shake" from officials in the wake of NBA referee Joey Crawford's suspension.

http://www.columbian.com/sports/APStories/AP04182007news128769.cfm
Uuh, this story's been posted like 10 times, you not making a news break right now. And of course he want a fair shake. He didnt do anything to the ref, and its not like he elbowed someone

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Uuh, this story's been posted like 10 times, you not making a news break right now. And of course he want a fair shake. He didnt do anything to the ref, and its not like he elbowed someone

Well if it was posted 10 times already, you should know that it is a concern of Duncans. The ref's stick together and I'm sure some of those are friends of Crawfords that will not take kindly to him being suspended.

Sportcamper
04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Separated at Birth…

http://home.comcast.net/~johnrhoward/uday.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~johnrhoward/duncan.jpg

ambchang
04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
The question is the frequency of those games you mentioned. So he got 4 FTA, does that mean over a long run that is happening? Anyone can simply take a few games out, point to the outlyers and claim that is the trend, but statistics has shown the contrary.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
The question is the frequency of those games you mentioned. So he got 4 FTA, does that mean over a long run that is happening? Anyone can simply take a few games out, point to the outlyers and claim that is the trend, but statistics has shown the contrary.

Kind of like posting games where he shot a lot of freethrows? It is several games that kobe shot few freethrows to match his many FGA.

ambchang
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Well if it was posted 10 times already, you should know that it is a concern of Duncans. The ref's stick together and I'm sure some of those are friends of Crawfords that will not take kindly to him being suspended.
So what does this have to do with the Lakers?

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
If they gave Kobe all the calls he thought he "deserved", games would last 5 hours.

ambchang
04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Kind of like posting games where he shot a lot of freethrows? It is several games that kobe shot few freethrows to match his many FGA.
Did I post that? I didn't recall, could you quote me on it?
What I did recall was I pointed out FWD used a method of contradiction to prove that your original claim of Kobe not getting any calls was wrong. He did show that he does get calls, no matter how remote the chances are.
On the other hand, if some guy comes in and claims that Kobe always gets calls, you can show those games as proof that he does not get calls all the time, and there are instances where he doesn't get it.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
So what does this have to do with the Lakers?

Nothing. It was in response to the post quoted!

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Did I post that? I didn't recall, could you quote me on it?
What I did recall was I pointed out FWD used a method of contradiction to prove that your original claim of Kobe not getting any calls was wrong. He did show that he does get calls, no matter how remote the chances are.
On the other hand, if some guy comes in and claims that Kobe always gets calls, you can show those games as proof that he does not get calls all the time, and there are instances where he doesn't get it.

oh ok, got ya!

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Separated at Birth…

http://home.comcast.net/~johnrhoward/uday.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~johnrhoward/duncan.jpg

Would be separated, except for :greedy :greedy :greedy

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2005/11-01/1101kobe_c_300.jpg

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Would be serarated, except for :greedy :greedy :greedy

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2005/11-01/1101kobe_c_300.jpg

Would be serarated??

Bob Lanier
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
It's quite clear that statistics are insufficient to answer his qualitative argument.

Now, his argument is likely bullshit, but stat-whoring and copping some bad-ass sports geek attitude isn't going to get you anything more than some :owned s.

(OK, he's since gotten himself into trying to support his argument quantitatively, which you and armbchang have rightly shot down)

ambchang
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
If you want to go into specifics and game by games, I will go into specifics and game by games.
I went through each and every single game Kobe played in in the 2006-07 season, as well as the statistics of all the players, and the following are the findings:

Of the 441 players, there were 195,037 FGA, and 63,834 FTA, which means that for every 3 shots that were taken, there was about FTA. I converted this into a percentage, and it comes out to 33%, calling it FTA/FGA (not very creative, I know).
I then took the top 50 scorers in the NBA, and it gave me a 38% for the FTA/FGA.
The top 20 scorers have the FTA/FGA at 42%,
And the top 10 scorers is 40%.
It does show that top scorers get more FTs, which isn’t a surprise.
I then used these numbers to look at a game to game situation for Kobe.
Out of the 77 games that Kobe played, he had a higher FTA/FGA number than the average for the top 10 scorers 46 times, this means that 60% of the time, Kobe shot more FTA than an average top 10 scorer (including Kobe himself) using FGA as a predictor.
For top 20 scorers, it’s 43 times, or 56%.
For Top 50 scorers, it’s 49 times, or 64%.
And compared to the league average, it’s 57 times, or 74% of the time.

I also compared Kobe’s FTA/FGA to other top players in the league, of the:

Top 10 scorers, Kobe ranks #3
Top 20 scorers, Kobe ranks #8
Top 50 scorers, Kobe ranks #14
All players, Kobe ranks 97 out of 441.

The numbers consistently shows that Kobe gets his fare shake. In other words, you were way off base in saying that Kobe does not get calls.

nkdlunch
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
seems like you did not enjoy your season lakerfan. don't worry 4 more games of suffering to go for you, then you can rest :D

sprrs
04-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Actually it IS suprising and one of his biggest criticisms.....A guard who drives into the paint so much is almost guaranteed to draw contact, compared to a jump shooter who only usually gets calls when a defender decides to jump into him.

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Would be serarated??

SPELLING POLICE!

Fixed it.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
seems like you did not enjoy your season lakerfan. don't worry 4 more games of suffering to go for you, then you can rest :D

Not at all! Everybody's back now but it may be too late. We will see about the 4 games and out.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
It's quite clear that statistics are insufficient to answer his qualitative argument.

Now, his argument is likely bullshit, but stat-whoring and copping some bad-ass sports geek attitude isn't going to get you anything more than some :owned s.

(OK, he's since gotten himself into trying to support his argument quantitatively, which you and armbchang have rightly shot down)

I agree that statistics don't always tell the story. You're certainly right that the better qualitative analysis would involve the development of a slew of facts that aren't readily ascertainable for me.

But in a rather simplified way, it struck me as wholly ridiculous to argue that Kobe could lead the league in FTA and, yet, not get any calls.

Cry Havoc
04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
If you want to go into specifics and game by games, I will go into specifics and game by games.
I went through each and every single game Kobe played in in the 2006-07 season, as well as the statistics of all the players, and the following are the findings:

Of the 441 players, there were 195,037 FGA, and 63,834 FTA, which means that for every 3 shots that were taken, there was about FTA. I converted this into a percentage, and it comes out to 33%, calling it FTA/FGA (not very creative, I know).
I then took the top 50 scorers in the NBA, and it gave me a 38% for the FTA/FGA.
Out of the 77 games that Kobe played, he had a higher FTA/FGA number than the average for the top 10 scorers 46 times, this means that 60% of the time, Kobe shot more FTA than an average top 10 scorer (including Kobe himself) using FGA as a predictor.

The numbers consistently shows that Kobe gets his fare shake. In other words, you were way off base in saying that Kobe does not get calls.

Amazing work. Major props. I think the argument for Kobe not getting FTs ends with that.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM

The numbers are certainly interesting, though like Lanier's criticism of our previous use of raw numbers, I'm not sure that even a fairly advanced metric like this one can really tell the story about whether a guy's FTA are congruent with what his expected FTA would be. I'd think that to get that number, you'd have to examine something like the number of fouls called in particular situations on the floor, compare that with a player's activities on the floor, and derive some sort of measurement from that.

One thing that gets me about comparing FGA to FTA is that it necessarily fails to account for the fact that not every FTA can be correlated to the act of shooting the basketball. The quantitative connection, I think, would require parsing the number of fouls called in the act from fouls that are called for other things (loose-ball fouls against a team that is already in the penalty, for example) that result in FTA.

ambchang
04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
^ Definitely not going to argue with this, I think using FGA to predict FTA is essentially flawed especially for parsing the top FT shooters in the game, but since this is the criteria outlined by LakeShow, I used it.
There is some merit to the method though, and gives a very rough cut, easy way to look at it. If Kobe was consistently getting about the numbers of FTA based on his FGA when compared to an average NBA player, I would think that is a legitimate case of saying Kobe does not get the respect of the refs, because he is, afterall, one of the premiere slashers in the game, but the numbers clearly shows that he gets a decent number of FTs.
Now if there is a hypothetical player who gets fouled every single time he touches the ball, and the refs only call 60% of the time, his FTA/FGA is not going to reflect that, but I doubt such a player exists.
All in all, every single fan thinks his/her superstar gets shafted.

Cry Havoc
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
^ Definitely not going to argue with this, I think using FGA to predict FTA is essentially flawed especially for parsing the top FT shooters in the game, but since this is the criteria outlined by LakeShow, I used it.
There is some merit to the method though, and gives a very rough cut, easy way to look at it. If Kobe was consistently getting about the numbers of FTA based on his FGA when compared to an average NBA player, I would think that is a legitimate case of saying Kobe does not get the respect of the refs, because he is, afterall, one of the premiere slashers in the game, but the numbers clearly shows that he gets a decent number of FTs.
Now if there is a hypothetical player who gets fouled every single time he touches the ball, and the refs only call 60% of the time, his FTA/FGA is not going to reflect that, but I doubt such a player exists.
All in all, every single fan thinks his/her superstar gets shafted.

Duncan doesn't get shafted. Sometimes he doesn't get the calls he should, and once in a while he'll get tossed for... you know... laughing at Bowen or Mike. Other than that I think he usually gets the right calls. Except in the Dallas series last year.*

EVERY player gets shafted from time to time. Kobe's problem is that now he has the rep. of a fairly dirty player, and he intentionally and obviously tries to draw contact even if the play has passed him by. Wade does the same, but he hasn't drawn the ire of the refs with several dirty plays which he later criticized them for calling.

Kobe gets more than his share of calls.

*Was not, is not, and will never be an excuse for losing. We did that ourselves.

Sec24Row7
04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I will say this,

Kobe's FT/WGR (White Girl Raped) PG avg went way up this year, so good for him.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2007, 03:08 PM

http://cn.autoblog.com/images/2006/04/mater_800x600.jpg

Laker fans is so DUMB!

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
http://cn.autoblog.com/images/2006/04/mater_800x600.jpg

Laker fans is so DUMB!

this coming from an idiot who stated this. :lol

Olajuwon cared about basketball during the western conference finals, and that was only because he felt personally slighted, not because he gave a shit about basketball, the city of Houston, or his teammates. Hakeem was, for once in his career, brilliant in that series, and David indeed played about as well as anyone could have against him. Hakeem salvaged his career in that series, as he would probably otherwise have been remembered as a seven foot Gilbert Arenas.

cheguevara
04-19-2007, 04:13 PM
shouldn't you be concentrating on your team's chances to win it all? oh wait... nevermind

Obstructed_View
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
this coming from an idiot who stated this. :lol
Yet it's still smarter than anything you have to offer. What's that say about you?

LakerLanny
04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I will say this,

Kobe's FT/WGR (White Girl Raped) PG avg went way up this year, so good for him.

Do you honestly believe the face of the NBA has to rape chicks with the spooge of 3 guys already on them to get laid?

From all accounts, said ho attached herself to our young hero within literally minutes of him entering the hotel. Minutes after that, he entered her.

You got to be kidding me if you think Kobe needs to rape a chick who already had sex with 3 other guys in the last 24 hours prior. That makes my lost weekends attending Grateful Dead shows look tame in comparison! (Annie I haven't forgotten you!)

Man In Black
04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm just curious if LL agrees with the ambchang's math, that is if he can comprehend it. :fro

oh and this beauty right here:

From all accounts, said ho attached herself to our young hero within literally minutes of him entering the hotel. Minutes after that, he entered her.

Said young hero chose UNWISELY turning himself into the villian with one "entry" move.

gospursgojas
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Well those two fouls where Manu and Marko Jaric's Face fouled his arm were obvioulsy examples of the NBA picking on Kobe

Lakerhater1
04-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Boo fuckin' hoo!

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Yet it's still smarter than anything you have to offer. What's that say about you?

Well partner, I hate to be the one to tell you, but it wasn't any intelligence in that post! But that's another topic all together. :devil

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 08:51 PM

I will stipulate that to say that Kobe gets no calls would be wrong. In fact he has gotten calls in some games this season. but FWD, brought up a good point. Kobe shoots all freethrows for the Lakers, thats technicals, illegal defense and other situations should be included. How many of those are those type of situations?

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I will stipulate that to say that Kobe gets no calls would be wrong. In fact he has gotten calls in some games this season.

Then why start this thread?

td4mvp21
04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Kobe gets his fair share of calls. Maybe you should concentrate on the shitty play of his teammates rather than what calls he doesn't get. That might help explain why you lost 40 games.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Kobe gets his fair share of calls. Maybe you should concentrate on the shitty play of his teammates rather than what calls he doesn't get. That might help explain why you lost 40 games.

We lost 40 games because of injuries.

td4mvp21
04-19-2007, 09:04 PM

Every team has injuries during the regular season...in the 03-04 and 04-05 season, the Spurs lost Duncan for significant amounts of games. The anchor of everything we do-offensive and defensive. Yet we still won over 55 games because the rest of our cast stepped up...and not all of them were that good either. Parker and Ginobili weren't the players they are now. Our supporting players weren't stellar either but they did what they had to. So why didn't the Lakers supporting cast step up?

exstatic
04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Lakers lost 40 games because they aren't very fucking good. LA played their worst ball after everyone was back. They damn near made it B2B no playoff years.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Every team has injuries during the regular season...in the 03-04 and 04-05 season, the Spurs lost Duncan for significant amounts of games. The anchor of everything we do-offensive and defensive. Yet we still won over 55 games because the rest of our cast stepped up...and not all of them were that good either. Parker and Ginobili weren't the players they are now. Our supporting players weren't stellar either but they did what they had to. So why didn't the Lakers supporting cast step up?

Because the supporting cast was injured as well.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Lakers lost 40 games because they aren't very fucking good. LA played their worst ball after everyone was back. They damn near made it B2B no playoff years.

what does that say for your team? When healthy the Lakers handled the spurs quite easily.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
what does that say for your team? When healthy the Lakers handled the spurs quite easily.
I wouldnt call 11 combined points easily. I will say that before they lost Odom, Brown, Walton and Radmonovic they looked pretty damn good as a team. Its pretty hard to get everyone back on the same page after you have had so many key injurys

td4mvp21
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Uhh...I think you beat us when we were paying the shittest basketball of the season. So kudos to you.

Because the supporting cast was injured as well.

Not all at the same time. So why didn't the available ones step up? Still want an answer. Oh, that's right, it's because the Lakers suck ass.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I will also add that when those players were out the stratedy for the lakers changed as well. Them missing so much time and coming back was like training camp all over.

Man In Black
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Stragedy?

The combination word that turned Kobe into a villified athlete.

Stra for Stray and Tragedy for the colossal miscue.

It's strategy but I get you.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Uhh...I think you beat us when we were paying the shittest basketball of the season. So kudos to you.

Not all at the same time. So why didn't the available ones step up? Still want an answer. Oh, that's right, it's because the Lakers suck ass.

because they werent the kind of players that step up. Simple

exstatic
04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
And GS handled Dallas too. Do you think GS is better than Dallas? Don't answer that. You can't say no, because it destroys your strawman.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=td4mvp21]Uhh...I think you beat us when we were paying the shittest basketball of the season. So kudos to you.QUOTE]

The Lakers contributed to your shitty play. You did pretty well against the rest of the league.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 09:56 PM
You know what I didn't start this to get into some Lakers vs. Spurs bullshit. (It's really nothing to talk about, we OWN your ass) I started it because most of you were saying that Kobe gets all the calls. I can't wait for you to experience it and believe me you will. Maybe then you wouldn't be so critical of something you know absolutely nothing about.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 10:01 PM
And GS handled Dallas too. Do you think GS is better than Dallas? Don't answer that. You can't say no, because it destroys your strawman.

It's pretty hard to say that they're not. The playoffs will prove that. If GS beats Dallas, hell yeah they're better than Dallas!!

exstatic
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
It's pretty hard to say that they're not. The playoffs will prove that. If GS beats Dallas, hell yeah they're better than Dallas!!
They won't, although I expect them to take a game or two. Dallas gave us regular season fits in the early part of this decade, frequently beating us 3-1. The playoffs were a different story. I guess we were just bored during the regular season, much like with the Fakers this year.

LakeShow
04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
They won't, although I expect them to take a game or two. Dallas gave us regular season fits in the early part of this decade, frequently beating us 3-1. The playoffs were a different story. I guess we were just bored during the regular season, much like with the Fakers this year.

I don't know if G.S has ever beaten Dallas in the playoffs and too lazy to look it up. It could be their time now, like it was the Mavericks time last season.

exstatic
04-19-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't know if G.S has ever beaten Dallas in the playoffs and too lazy to look it up. It could be their time now, like it was the Mavericks time last season.
If this were a 5 game series like in days gone by, I could see them jumping Dallas' shit, but in 7 games, they're not going to do it. In a single game, they can lure Dallas into their old run-n-gun ways, but not over a series. GS cannot shoot well enough over 7 consecutive games to win 4 of them. It's a different thing jumping Dallas once every 6 weeks when they may be looking past you, and facing them every 2 or 3 days for a series.

SRJ
04-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Dallas gave us regular season fits in the early part of this decade, frequently beating us 3-1.

Incorrect. They've only taken the season series from us twice this decade, the second time this year:

2000 Tied 2-2
2001 Spurs 3-1
2002 Spurs 3-1
2003 Tied 2-2
2004 Mavs 3-1
2005 Spurs 3-1
2006 Tied 2-2
2007 Mavs, 3-1