PDA

View Full Version : Mavs MUST WIN Game 1...

Amarelooms
04-19-2007, 05:43 PM
My friends (and enemies) the Mavs are facing a must win in game 1. If the Mavs lose game 1, I say there is little chance they can beat the Warriors. The Warriors will have no doubt they can win and the Mavs will def think the Warriors just have our number. It will be interesting to see what role Diop/Damp can play since their offensive game is limited and they really don't matchup well against the Warriors. Thus George, Devin, Buckner and Croshere all need to have a good series...which is kinda scary my friends :elephant

johngateswhiteley
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
there is some truth to that.

Dalhoop
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I think that it will be game two that will be the must win for a few reasons.

1) Game one will show the Mavs what they will be facing in the playoffs. Did the Warriors come out with anything new? Are they going to play some defense? Are they going to rely on the three ball? Are they going to rely on the drive and dish?

Also

2) It will show the Warriors what they willl be facing. Will the mavs focus on defence show through in game 1? Can the mavs effect the tempo?

No matter who wins game one, the corrections will be made in Game 2. The team that makes the right corrections for game 2 will win the series (Like the Mavs - Spurs series last year)

DDS4
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
No such thing as a "must game" unless you're getting eliminated.

Findog
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
The Mavs MUST WIN four out of seven...Only the fans will panic if the Mavs drop the first one, not the players or coaches. How many of you wrote us off after we dropped the first two to Houston? We gritted that one out and we gritted out a series win over the Spurs. For every instance of "choking" or being "soft," there's an example of this team showing guts and fortitude.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
The only things that scare me for you Mavs fans are that the Warriors big guards do give you guys matchup problems and that Nellies newest incarnation of small ball, with Harrington at center, completely takes your centers out of the game, and opens the rim up for all of the Warriors slashers. With that said, I just think Dirk is going to dominate the series, and I think the Mavs experience will just be too much for the Warriors

Amarelooms
04-19-2007, 05:56 PM
No such thing as a "must game" unless you're getting eliminated.

True in a mathematical sense but this is about as close to a must win as possible. You gotta come out and prove to a team that has pretty much owned you the past 2 years that you're the better team and they don;t stand a chance...if not you're in for a battle that you might not be able to win :elephant

Dalhoop
04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Unlike in the regular season, the Mavs will be seeing the Warriors every day for the next two weeks. During the regular season, they may have a day or two to watch film, in the playoffs, you have much more time to prepare.

I will say that the most important think to come from the Sonic game was that the Mavs were back into form. The defense was back, the offense was back ... the desire was back.

The team looked focused on the prize, a focus that had been lacking for the last week or two.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
The only things that scare me for you Mavs fans are that the Warriors big guards do give you guys matchup problems and that Nellies newest incarnation of small ball, with Harrington at center, completely takes your centers out of the game, and opens the rim up for all of the Warriors slashers. With that said, I just think Dirk is going to dominate the series, and I think the Mavs experience will just be too much for the Warriors
The Spurs lost their 1st game the year before last , then went on to destroy the Nuggets. Sometimes a loss will light a fire under a great teams ass

nsrammstein
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
The warriors rely a lot on the ''surprise'' element to beat teams. Sure they take and make crazy shots in the regular season but this is the playoffs. Where teams like the Mavs can and will adjust and stop you unless you come up with a legit way to beat teams.

Dalhoop
04-19-2007, 06:05 PM
The warriors rely a lot on the ''surprise'' element to beat teams. Sure they take and make crazy shots in the regular season but this is the playoffs. Where teams like the Mavs can and will adjust and stop you unless you come up with a legit way to beat teams.

This is why Game two is so important, if the Mavs cannot win game two .. It will go to seven. If they win game two, its over in five or six

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Losing game one of round one is not the end of the world.

It happened to the Spurs in 2003 and the Spurs won it all that year.

confined
04-19-2007, 06:11 PM
My friends (and enemies) the Mavs are facing a must win in game 1. If the Mavs lose game 1, I say there is little chance they can beat the Warriors. The Warriors will have no doubt they can win and the Mavs will def think the Warriors just have our number. It will be interesting to see what role Diop/Damp can play since their offensive game is limited and they really don't matchup well against the Warriors. Thus George, Devin, Buckner and Croshere all need to have a good series...which is kinda scary my friends :elephant

i say we gather our full strength and march on mordor

GS-Dub
04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I waited 14 long years for this day. We ain't gonna roll over to a choking ass team! We got this in 7!

Flight3107
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
My friends (and enemies) the Mavs are facing a must win in game 1.

Who in the hell are your friends?

mavsfan1000
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I waited 14 long years for this day. We ain't gonna roll over to a choking ass team! We got this in 7!
I can't wait for this choking ass team to knock your ass out of the playoffs.

nsrammstein
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM

We've waited 82 regular season games for this day. We ain't gona roll over to a fucking loser ass team that has not made the playoffs in 14 years. Why don't worry about actually winning a playoff game first before making statements laced with utter stupidity.

cheguevara
04-19-2007, 07:00 PM
:lmao!!!

1st game of round 1 is already a must win for mavs

JamStone
04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Didn't Dallas lose both games 1 and 2 at home in the first round against the Rockets two years ago?

baseline bum
04-19-2007, 07:08 PM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7485/threadsucksgl0.jpg

Game 1 is never a must-win in a seven game series.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Amarelooms sucks the way he underestimates this mavs team.

dirk4mvp
04-19-2007, 07:23 PM

Trolls rollin in early. Nice.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Here is the perfect forum for him. http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

baseline bum
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM

What? :dizzy

You guys are the fucking trolls.

GS-Dub
04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Here is the perfect forum for him. http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Good one you useless piece of shit. Too bad you will probably slit your wrists once the mavericks get a beat down from the Warriors.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Good one you useless piece of shit. Too bad you will probably slit your wrists once the mavericks get a beat down from the Warriors.
:lmao

mavsfan1000
04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Enjoy your warriors brief playoff experience because your team is going fishing. :ban:

ratm1221
04-20-2007, 12:09 AM

Collin Ferrell has a message for you.. (see below)
I'll leave it in my sig just for you GS-Dub.

sprrs
04-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Losing game one of round one is not the end of the world.

It happened to the Spurs in 2003 and the Spurs won it all that year.

and '05

Cry Havoc
04-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Mavs in 5 or 6, depending on game 1's outcome. Probably 5 though.

DarrinS
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM
and '05

That's right. I forgot about that one.

Findog
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Warriors would have a real chance if this was best of 5 format. But the series length hurts them. And after the trade, keep in mind this is a 52-30 wolf in a 42-40 sheep's clothing. I see this as very similar to King-Spurs last year. Good thing for us is that Avery knows that, and that beatdown they put on us last night might serve as a silver lining in the form of an urgently needed wakeup call. The Warriors have our attention now and that can only be a good thing.

I think GS will give us fits but we'll pull it out in the end. In the first game this year, Stack and Terry shot 29% from the floor in a game we lost in the last few seconds. In the second game, we just didn't show up. You can't count on either of those things happening four times in this series. Golden State is going to be a major force next year.

mardigan
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Is game 2 must win now?

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/0f060c3f-c1cf-4cc7-a147-c8ff4d8070e.jpg

Then you better stop this guy

Kevin Blackistone
04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
The Spurs have the exact same problem, although their loss had more to do with playing like absolute shit against a team they have a history of owning.

mardigan
04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
The Spurs have the exact same problem, although their loss had more to do with playing like absolute shit against a team they have a history of owning.
oh im not saying the Spurs are in the clear, I just thought I would bump this thread

NorCal510
04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
owned bitches!!

mavsfan you are a pussy

hater
04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
hahahaha must win :lmao

confined
04-23-2007, 06:31 PM
owned bitches!!

mavsfan you are a pussy
how are mavs fans pussies?...we werent playing in the game...

NorCal510
04-23-2007, 08:15 PM
im talkin about the poster mavsfan you fag muffin

boutons_
04-23-2007, 08:59 PM
As Magic went down 0-2, TNT showed that only 11 teams of 248 series, IIRC, have come back from 0-2 to win the series, Mavs and Spurs having each been recent victims of those comebacks.

So statistically, historically, Mavs and Spurs are facing must-win games Wed night.

confined
04-23-2007, 09:57 PM
im talkin about the poster mavsfan you fag muffin
i seriously hope you didnt just say that