PDA

View Full Version : Toronto is the team to beat in the east

dallaskd
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Who ever comes out of the west better watch out.

resistanze
04-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Your sarcasm is offensive.

:lol

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
huh?

mardigan
04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Seeing as they wont get out of the 1st round I doubt it

GS-Dub
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
replace toronto with chicago in the topic please.

StylisticS
04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Seeing as they wont get out of the 1st round I doubt it

Don't they play the schizo Nets? I think Toronto can and should beat them.
But I would replace Chicago with Toronto. Miami couldn't have asked for a worse matchup.

NBA Junkie
04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
The fashionable choice of the Nets in the ECF is ridiculous.

Kidd is still effective, but not the impact player he once was. Vince Carter is an overrated scorer and not much else. Richard Jefferson is a chronic injury waiting to happen.

That said, they're dangerous and experienced, but they're an extremely overrated team with three guys who are living off past reputations.

I can't speak for Toronto since I saw them sparingly, but I was very impressed with TJ Ford running the point. He was a steal in that Bucks trade. The other Tony Parker quietly put together a solid season as 2-guard. The team is more than just the great Chris Bosh, and the team proved it by playing well in his absence from mid-late December.

They may not be an impact this postseason, but they are definitely a team on the rise.

StylisticS
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
They will be around for a while. This season will definetly be no fluke as they will win 50+games next season. Very exciting team to watch.

mardigan
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
The fashionable choice of the Nets in the ECF is ridiculous.

Kidd is still effective, but not the impact player he once was. Vince Carter is an overrated scorer and not much else. Richard Jefferson is a chronic injury waiting to happen.

That said, they're dangerous and experienced, but they're an extremely overrated team with three guys who are living off past reputations.

I can't speak for Toronto since I saw them sparingly, but I was very impressed with TJ Ford running the point. He was a steal in that Bucks trade. The other Tony Parker quietly put together a solid season as 2-guard. The team is more than just the great Chris Bosh, and the team proved it by playing well in his absence from mid-late December.

They may not be an impact this postseason, but they are definitely a team on the rise.

We are talking about a team here that one only 6 more games than the Nets, not that big of a difference, and are 9 and 3 in their last 12 games. They were 2 and 2 against each other this year. I really think that Bargnani is going to have to be big in the series for them to win. The Nets bigs have been stepping up lately and playing really well, and Nachbar has been on fire from 3 the last month or so. I really think that the Nets are going to beat the Raps pretty easily

NBA Junkie
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
So, Mardigan, are you of the belief that the Nets make it to the ECF? You think they can take out the Cavs in round 2?

Just a theoretical question since I still think the Raptors advance. Losing Nenad Krstic for the season will ultimately cost them this series.

lefty
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Toronto will win the East in 1 or 2 years

But not this season ; they need more playoffs experience

mardigan
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
So, Mardigan, are you of the belief that the Nets make it to the ECF? You think they can take out the Cavs in round 2?

Just a theoretical question since I still think the Raptors advance. Losing Nenad Krstic for the season will ultimately cost them this series.
I totally agree about Nenad, he was coming into his own before he got hurt. I think thats why the Nets lost so many games early in the year, trying to figure out how to win without a decent low post scorer. Thats were Mikey Moore has really helped in the later part of this year. As for your ECF question, no, I dont think they would have a chance against the Cavs. Hughes can do a good jod on Vince, and Lebron could do a good job on Jefferson. That leaves Kidd who isnt a scorer. Also, the Nets wouldnt have an answer for Big Z and Gooden down low, I think they would get manhandled. I do think through, that if the Raptors get though, they would matchup so much better with the Cavs than the Nets. Rasho on Z, Bosh on Gooden, ect. Like I sadi, I do think that the Raps are a more talented team, but I just dont think they match up well with the Nets and are completely outmatched as far as experience

himat
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Pistons, Cleveland, and Chicago are better than Toronto.

Toronto is going to lose in 6 or 7 games to NJ. Vince is going to play hard for once, and Toronto has no one that can stop him.

ploto
04-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Toronto had the best record in the East since January 1 until they rested players the last couple of games after clinching thd Atlantic Division and the number 3 seed. People who have not watched them have no clue just how good they are when they are on their game. 3 of the 4 meetings were in the first 2 months of the season when the Raptors were just coming together and then Bosh was hurt, In the only recent meeting, the Raptors blew Jersey out even with Nachbar's big night.

Those who don't know the Raptors-- look for Anthony Parker and Jose Calderon as guys who will surprise you. And Rasho haters should know just how much he means to this team- both on and off the court. With 5 young big guys- 3 from Europe- Rasho's role as mentor and leader has meant a lot to them all. He probably won't play much against the Nets with Krstic out and Collins being no threat in the post, but he will be important to this team, nonetheless.

Pistons are better than Toronto clearly-- but not Chicago and Cleveland.

ploto
04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Vince is going to play hard for once, and Toronto has no one that can stop him.
Meet the other Parker:

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/act_anthony_parker.jpg

td4mvp21
04-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I think you just got ploto all aroused, good job.

Rip-Hamilton32
04-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Toronto had the best record in the East since January 1 until they rested players the last couple of games after clinching thd Atlantic Division and the number 3 seed. People who have not watched them have no clue just how good they are when they are on their game. 3 of the 4 meetings were in the first 2 months of the season when the Raptors were just coming together and then Bosh was hurt, In the only recent meeting, the Raptors blew Jersey out even with Nachbar's big night.

Those who don't know the Raptors-- look for Anthony Parker and Jose Calderon as guys who will surprise you. And Rasho haters should know just how much he means to this team- both on and off the court. With 5 young big guys- 3 from Europe- Rasho's role as mentor and leader has meant a lot to them all. He probably won't play much against the Nets with Krstic out and Collins being no threat in the post, but he will be important to this team, nonetheless.

Pistons are better than Toronto clearly-- but not Chicago and Cleveland.

ive watched a ton of toronto games this year and i don't see how you think toronto is going all the way they don't have experience in the playoffs and besides bosh they cannot rely on anyone

G-Money
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
replace toronto with Bobcats in the topic please.

fixed.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
While I wouldn't call them the team to beat, they're the team with nothing to lose. I expect the Raptors to rise above the playoff pressure easily.

So Icy
04-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Don't they play the schizo Nets? I think Toronto can and should beat them.
But I would replace Chicago with Toronto. Miami couldn't have asked for a worse matchup.
how do you know in a seven games series no one wants to play us shaq and zo even stated that

RashoFan
04-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I predict that Raptors will take out NJ in the first round. I feel they can get past the 2nd round. It will be hard for them to be ECF Champs but I will keep my fingers crossed for that!

dallaskd
04-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Fools.

So Icy
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Fools.
fools of what

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Toronto definately isn't the team to beat. I'd say Miami is the team to beat since they're the defending champs and all. Followed closely by Detroit and Chicago.

So Icy
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Toronto definately isn't the team to beat. I'd say Miami is the team to beat since they're the defending champs and all. Followed closely by Detroit and Chicago.
thank you

dallaskd
04-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Toronto is definately the team to beat. I'd say Miami is the team to beat since they're the defending champs and all. Followed closely by Detroit.

Good Point.

dallaskd
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
thank you

I know right.

monosylab1k
04-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Chicago or Detroit. Toronto needs a couple more years of seasoning.