PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Colorado Sports writer declares war on Duncan--lets fuck this bastard up good

Man of Steel
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
This is the column that the guys on the ticket were talking about earlier today. Wally and Vex asked people to write to this bastard to give him a bunch of shit right back at him (imagine: George Karl's team sportswriter calling Tim Duncan a wailing crybaby.

I think alot of us agree that Tim probably argues calls a bit much--but the guy has never been critical after a game about the way it was called.

He does not complain about the way other players play the game.

So;

GEORGE KARL--GO FUCK YOURSELF, DIPSHIT:

Remember this asshole's address:
Staff writer Mark Kiszla can be reached at 303-954-1053 or [email protected].

A fine whine, Duncan style
By Mark Kiszla
Article Last Updated: 04/18/2007 11:55:40 PM MDT

NBA referee Joey Crawford looks like Curly, struts with the pugnacity of Moe and can act like a total stooge, which is why the toughest whistle-blower in basketball got himself booted from the league playoffs.

But the only thing worse than a grouchy, old ref is a whining millionaire athlete who groans about bad calls.

Will somebody please fetch little Timmy Duncan of the San Antonio Spurs a crying towel?

Duncan said Wednesday he hopes the Spurs can "get a fair shake" from the referees during the upcoming playoff series against the Nuggets in the aftermath of Crawford's suspension by commissioner David Stern.

Wah. Wah. Wah.

Listen to little Timmy cry.

Isn't Duncan openly questioning the integrity of league refs?

Seeing how Crawford was severely punished for recently picking a fight with Duncan during a nationally televised game, doesn't San Antonio's superstar deserve more than $25,000 slap on the wrist for feeding the crazy but common suspicion that the NBA playoffs are somehow rigged?

If Duncan really wants to promote the absurd idea the refs will be out to get him or the beloved Spurs, maybe the 6-foot-11 conspiracy theorist should take his ball and go home.

Thanks to Duncan, the NBA has its first big storyline of the postseason, and it's the last one that Stern wants.

A series that should focus on a showdown between guards Tony Parker of San Antonio and Denver's Allen Iverson will instead be all about the ridiculous stare downs between Duncan and the refs every time a traveling violation is whistled.

The Spurs, who probably benefit from as many favorable calls in a league that obviously protects its stars, now have the audacity to be worried about retribution from league officials.

That's a joke.

I'm not here to defend Crawford, designated as the league's tough guy to keep the peace for so long that he developed a Dirty Harry complex.

After three decades of being judge, jury and executioner in basketball arenas nationwide, Crawford committed a ref's worst sin and allowed his hot-tempered ego to grow so big as to regard himself as more important than the athletes fans pay to see. You don't have to go far to find a player, franchise owner or even a league executive who has felt insulted by Crawford's wrath.

But less than 12 months after the Dallas Mavericks pushed the notion they were jobbed by the refs during their collapse in the NBA Finals against Miami, the quality of the officiating in what promises to be a contentious postseason is certain to decline because Crawford has been banned from participating.

"Joey is a great ref and does an incredible job, and I don't say that about many referees," Nuggets coach George Karl said. "Most referees, I go 'Ugh.' But Joey, when you see him on the court, you know he gets angry and he has a personality, but you usually feel you're going to get a good game."

You can bet that early in the series between the Nuggets and Spurs the refs will take no guff from anybody, so don't be surprised by an endless procession to the free-throw line that will wreck the flow and beauty of games.

Duncan is deservedly acclaimed as a good guy who speaks softly and carries a big shot.

When it comes to referees, however, little Timmy is a big baby.

The lingering image of Team USA's humiliation at the 2004 Olympics is Duncan pouting after almost every foul called against him. It made the man appear to the rest of the world as one excuse-making, ugly American, constantly looking to blame a ref for our lousy basketball performance at the Summer Games.

Upon getting tossed by Crawford while laughing on the San Antonio bench, Duncan again played the victim to the hilt.

"Joey knew exactly what he was doing. He came into this game with a personal vendetta against me. It had to be," Duncan said Sunday, after the loss to Dallas.

Personal vendetta? My, aren't we paranoid?

A lesser player could have been suspended for a comment so damaging to the league's integrity.

Better be careful not to hurt yourself in the playoffs, little Timmy. You might trip over that pouting lower lip.

T Park
04-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Ignore it.

Don't stoop to such lows as responding to him.

Thats what he and his paper, blog, whatever wants.

Just shake your head, and ignore it.

thats what the Spurs would do, thats the classy thing to do.

SpursWoman
04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Ignore it. Writers aren't shit without someone to read them, and the more riled up the better. It's best just to keep them guessing...apathy is their worst enemy. :)

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
This is just the first salvo. Bernie Lincicome -- the Rocky Mountain Jackass who went after Manu in 2005 and still bangs on him at every opportunity -- hasn't apparently loaded his pea shooter yet.

Anyone who gets pissed off about things that sportswriters write is going to have a field day with the Denver media.

T Park
04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
spurswoman as usual is 100% right.

If you don't write to them, the lack of attention really is what affects them more than anything.

jaespur21
04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I hope timmy hears of this bcuz the 3time Finals MVP doesnt need Xtra motivation

td4mvp21
04-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Who cares..it's called freedom of speech. He can say what he wants. Let's see how his team fares against ours. :smokin

exstatic
04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Ass-hat reporter from NBA backwater strikes again. WGAF?

timvp
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
To get revenge on a sports writer, don't click on the link and don't send them an email. An internet sports writer is nothing without page views.

spurspf
04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

duncan228
04-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Fuck him.

Поповић
04-19-2007, 09:09 PM
http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/01/03/nba/a208f1c7f242990ef85a398d9ab6739e_extras_albumes_0. jpg

Idi jebi svoga tatu u supak jebeno govno jedno!

AnkleBreaker21
04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
he's just pissed cause duncan gets the respect from the league as the best player, and not cheap azz carmelo anthony

TMTTRIO
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Isn't this the same writer that wrote all those articles about Manu a few years ago?

Dave McNulla
04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
i emailed him, and promised him another email everytime the spurs win another game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
To get revenge on a sports writer, don't click on the link and don't send them an email. An internet sports writer is nothing without page views.

What he said.

samikeyp
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
so how's he going to react when the whiners team wins the series?

Everyone here is correct....don't even acknowledge that douche by emailing him. You do that, then Spurs fans become whiners in his articles.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
This series is going to be over quickly so these beat reporters need to get in their assinine columns while they still have a chance.

Pugglekicker_21
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
........A series that should focus on a showdown between guards Tony Parker of San Antonio and Denver's Allen Iverson

.......nice

DarrinS
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
What else is he going to write about? Which player on the Thuggets has the most cornrows or tatoos?

Maybe he should write an essay on sucker punches?

Shank
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I like Kizsla's Broncos pages.

Kori Ellis
04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Isn't this the same writer that wrote all those articles about Manu a few years ago?

No.

That's Bernie Lincicome (FWD mentioned it above).

Solid D
04-19-2007, 09:57 PM

As was said earlier...

This is just the first salvo. Bernie Lincicome -- the Rocky Mountain Jackass who went after Manu in 2005 and still bangs on him at every opportunity -- hasn't apparently loaded his pea shooter yet.

Anyone who gets pissed off about things that sportswriters write is going to have a field day with the Denver media.

v2freak
04-19-2007, 10:10 PM
What relevance does his whining with the officials hold? He wasn't whining the day he got ejected, plain and simple. All he was doing was laughing.

As for the Olympics, I'm sure it was mainly a difference of rules which explained why he picked up so many fouls. It's gotten so bad for USA basketball that writers are now going after the players that actually had the balls to go in 04

THE ONE AND ONLY
04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
whining about whining?

angel_luv
04-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree with everyone who said ignore it. The article was lame anyway.

cheguevara
04-19-2007, 10:40 PM
who cares? this loser will have nothing to write about in about 1 and 1/2 week.

spurs1990
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
wtf. If Duncan is embellishing Crawford's unprofessional behavior, how could the NBA kick him out of the league like that? The the Spurs/Duncan have that much clout on how the league handle's its referees?

Instead of letters, lets send the Denver columnist a video tape of games 3 and 4 of the '06 semifinals to see how objective the refs are towards the Spurs.

SequSpur
04-20-2007, 12:03 AM
I think you should email him and just say.. I read your article and my observation is that you're just plain dumb. War Spurs. War River Parade. War Fiesta. Out.

Voice of Truth
04-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Good read!

smeagol
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
The guy is an idiot.

But Timmy does whine too much.

Manu also flops too much (I added that so people don't respond rudely to me) :spin

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
loser article loser writer

SpursWoman
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/01/03/nba/a208f1c7f242990ef85a398d9ab6739e_extras_albumes_0. jpg

Idi jebi svoga tatu u supak jebeno govno jedno!

Awesome! :lmao :lmao

Sec24Row7
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Manu is flopping a LOT less this year...

smeagol
04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Manu is flopping a LOT less this year...
And Timmy is whinning less too (he is laughing more, though :spin )

Steps in the right direction . . .

The_Worlds_finest
04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Cant wait to see his articles when his team is watching the playoffs after the first round

ploto
04-20-2007, 09:08 AM
The lingering image of Team USA's humiliation at the 2004 Olympics is Duncan pouting after almost every foul called against him. It made the man appear to the rest of the world as one excuse-making, ugly American, constantly looking to blame a ref for our lousy basketball performance at the Summer Games.

Sorry- but this is very true. If any other USA player had acted like Duncan, Spurs fans would have jumped all over the guy.

IX_Equilibrium
04-20-2007, 09:24 AM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2006/0905/20060905_113246_Mark_Kiszla_Mug_New_DPO.jpg

Sec24Row7
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
No, we just agreed that the officiating was horribly inconsistent...

Timmy is smart enough to work with any kind of calls...

But when you let him hand check someone 15 times down the floor... then call it two times in a row with no warning...

It's hard to adjust...

tlongII
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
He makes a lot of good points.

Bwild
04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Kiszla article. Trust me guys he does this type of article all the time. He's a POS. There's only a couple of sports writers worth a damn in the Denver papers. Nobody takes Kiszla seriously in Denver. I'm sure Karl's pissed now that Kiszla gave the Spurs some bulletin board material.

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Ignore it.

Don't stoop to such lows as responding to him.

Thats what he and his paper, blog, whatever wants.

Just shake your head, and ignore it.

thats what the Spurs would do, thats the classy thing to do.

Exactly.

He wants a rise. Nothing more.

rkaayhn
04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Duncan is definitely one of the league's classiest. I was actually surprised then that he was so straight up that he thought Crawford was out to get him. That said, handing out hard-ass T’s is not a crime. Every player on the court has a hard-luck technical foul story that they felt was from a ref's grudging. While we all cut a lot of slack for our favorite players, the refs never get that kind of credit. The NBA is losing a 30year veteran over a fracas that should have stayed on the court that day.

Man In Black
04-20-2007, 02:29 PM
"Let ye without sin, cast the first stone."

One only has to look in his own backyard to witness whining. AI & Carmelo have been prone to working officials for calls, then again, they have been prone to POLICE BLOTTER as well.

If whining is all Tim has against him...then this mofo right here couldn't find jackshit to call Tim out on.

As I recall-these biatch Denver sportswriters blow their entire load in round 1.

johnsmith
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Kiszla article. Trust me guys he does this type of article all the time. He's a POS. There's only a couple of sports writers worth a damn in the Denver papers. Nobody takes Kiszla seriously in Denver. I'm sure Karl's pissed now that Kiszla gave the Spurs some bulletin board material.

This is exactly right. Kizla has never been much of a reporter, and everyone in Denver knows it.

However, he sure seems to have done his job based on this thread.

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree with everyone who said ignore it. The article was lame anyway.

you big sig as well.

ban

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Whining about an article about whining by a sportswriter that gets paid to make people mad. Classic.

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Whining about aan article about whining by a sportswriter that gets paid to make people mad. Classic.

fuck .. you...

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I like this board, they let you type 'fuck' Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Fuck Kiszla

MrChug
04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
These internet reporters have as much credence and importance as any of our posts. Has anyone heard of this douchelicker before this? I thought not...

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I LOVE these Spurs hating articles as they only add fuel to the fire of this Spurs team

only more motivation for Timmy

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I LOVE these Spurs hating articles as they only add fuel to the fire of this Spurs team

only more motivation for Timmy

His time is running out.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2007, 04:26 PM
His time is running out.

I know you just trying to get angry reactions

have fun fishing in 4 games

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Tim is motivated by writers. Uh huh. Sure. I'm sure he gives a big flippin' shit with his 3 rings and all. Yep.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Tim is motivated by writers. Uh huh. Sure. I'm sure he gives a big flippin' shit with his 3 rings and all. Yep.

if that helps you sleep at night :lol :lol

when the Denver was writing shit about Manu in 05, the Spurs caught wind of it all

you think the Spurs live in a cave?

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM
if that helps you sleep at night :lol :lol

when the Denver was writing shit about Manu in 05, the Spurs caught wind of it all

you think the Spurs live in a cave?

So if the Manu article wasn't written they wouldn't have been motivated. Sure. OK. The Spurs are a professional basketball team that gets paid well, has great chemistry and a great coach, yet it was the Manu article. Get real.

Extra Stout
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
So if the Manu article wasn't written they wouldn't have been motivated. Sure. OK. The Spurs are a professional basketball team that gets paid well, has great chemistry and a great coach, yet it was the Manu article. Get real.
You are being too level-headed and sensible. San Antonio is like a small town and its people get a rise out of this stuff. If you shatter the illusion of highly motivated, ambitious, self-confident professional athletes getting their motivation from some middle-aged pencil-necked journo-dweeb, all hell might break loose.

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
You are being too level-headed and sensible. San Antonio is like a small town and its people get a rise out of this stuff. If you shatter the illusion of highly motivated, ambitious, self-confident professional athletes getting their motivation from some middle-aged pencil-necked journo-dweeb, all hell might break loose.

Well, we certainly wouldn't want that. Let me try again:

Denver better watch out cuz it's writers are being stoopid. Tim is so gonna get mad and play better than his usually MVP self!

ruru
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Kiz is right.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Denver is GARBAGE compared to the Spurs

Nuggests might as well just forfeit

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah, totally. Forfeit.

JustSpurs
04-21-2007, 02:01 AM
The Guy is a Twatbomb. Ignore him.

bdictjames
04-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Sounds a tad childish.

ruru
04-21-2007, 03:34 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042107.04Q.BKNnuggets.defense.2eb3496.html

Karl looked at his personnel this season and saw the basis of a solid defensive unit. Camby was the league leader in blocked shots this season, giving the team a presence in the middle despite his rail-thin frame. Power forward Nenê is Karl's muscle man in the paint. Greg Buckner and Yakhouba Diawara are defensive role players

OMG!!! The dire state of journalism

Actually, Monroe was decent in when he was with the Post, now he's dull.

But, keep sending Kiz the hate-mail, that's how you change the business.