PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get their letters from the Bexar County Appraisal District?

fatsack
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Apparentlly, the Northside ISD tax rate was mandated by legislation to be lowered,. so they compensated by jacking up the appraisal values..

Mother of fuck!

my house went up over 16k!?!!

I'll be protesting this one...

T Park
04-19-2007, 10:08 PM
You didn't think the gov't would actually let you keep more of your money did you?

Perish the thought.

CubanMustGo
04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Apparentlly, the Northside ISD tax rate was mandated by legislation to be lowered,. so they compensated by jacking up the appraisal values..

Mother of fuck!

my house went up over 16k!?!!

I'll be protesting this one...

Find a realtor and get the sales data for the homes in your neighborhood. That will help you fight the increase.

That said don't be surprised to find out that houses there are selling for more than you thought. SA is one of the few hot markets in the country. If so be thankful you are not in the situation I am in north of Dallas, where the house I bought in 2000 is still not worth what I paid for it.

And NISD has nothing to do with the appraisal, btw.

Clandestino
04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
my place went up 10%. that is bs...

CubanMustGo
04-19-2007, 10:29 PM
that's why you should rent and pay cash every month

Uh-uh. Guess what, your rent goes up when property taxes go up, and you can't write them off your taxes either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Find a realtor and get the sales data for the homes in your neighborhood. That will help you fight the increase.

That said don't be surprised to find out that houses there are selling for more than you thought. SA is one of the few hot markets in the country. If so be thankful you are not in the situation I am in north of Dallas, where the house I bought in 2000 is still not worth what I paid for it.

And NISD has nothing to do with the appraisal, btw.

I work in the appraisal and tax business, and you're kidding yourself if you don't think that NISD had a hand in a higher appraisal.

Who do you think pays the salaries and overhead for appraisers and appraisal districts?

ploto
04-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Land part alone went up 50%. Yes 50%.

tlongII
04-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Looks like I'll have to buy a place in San Antonio soon before the prices are like here.

degenerate_gambler
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Land part alone went up 50%. Yes 50%.

what area of town are you in?

Sec24Row7
04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I had a 10% increase in my property value too...