Solid D
04-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Iverson

THE SIXTH MAN
04-19-2007, 11:55 PM
nene

thekingrobert
04-20-2007, 12:32 AM
blake cant guard parker the x factor is are the nuggets gonna play D or will it be a layup drill

Sense
04-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Melo.....

He's schooled Bowen before..

naico
04-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Nene

kinbenzoo
04-20-2007, 05:57 AM
melo

AFBlue
04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Kleiza. He's been playing great of late, is perimeter oriented, and creates a size mismatch at over 240lb.

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2007, 07:50 AM
defense

Sec24Row7
04-20-2007, 08:17 AM
If the nuggets can play Team Defense... then that might be scary...

If the only person playing D is camby...

Not so much..

L.I.T
04-20-2007, 08:31 AM
George Karl. They are going to need a brilliant game-plan to challenge the Spurs.

101A
04-20-2007, 09:10 AM
The Spurs.

Denver can't do ANYTHING to beat a motivated and clicking Spurs team. If the Spurs "show up", they win.

ploto
04-20-2007, 09:11 AM
AI- for sure

DarrinS
04-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Reggie Evans

cheguevara
04-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Evans the trashman. he will proceed to take out the trash, and take the nuggets out of round 1

Cry Havoc
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Nene. If he plays out of this world defense, they might be able to push the series six or 7.

Bwild
04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Nene. If he plays out of this world defense, they might be able to push the series six or 7.

Bingo!

Nene will be the X-Factor. Nobody can stop Duncan but if he plays him as well as he can then that is are only chance of extending the seires. Nene is also developing nicely on the other end so if he can go back on the offensive end and draw a couple of fouls on Timmy that will bode well for us.

Kleiza is the other guy the Spurs should keep an eye on. He's been shooting really well and if he can keep it up to keep the Spurs D honest AI & Melo won't see as many double teams. If Kleiza's not on look for JR Smith as the guy that will try to spread the floor.

MrChug
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Nene no question. He's been playing great the 2nd half of the season, gotten in shape, showing up early according to Denver writers, etc.

He'll be guarding Tim a vast majority of the time he's on the floor and lets see how physical he can get.

He's going to try to play like he's EARNING his paycheck.

newbiefan
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM
defensive player of the year.. marcus camby... nene... they both know how to guard Tim... they'll probably try to foul Tim out early

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Well it WAS that Eason guy but you guys have him now.

T Park
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
eason really turned out to not be the "tough guy" you guys made him out to be Nugget fan thanks for making me look bad there :lol

X Factor?

Really itll come down to "Nuggets team shooting"

You laugh and say thats so nondescript.

If Kleiza, AI, JR Smith, and Camby are hitting their jumpers?

Then IMO the series doesn't look good for the Spurs.

The series as it is already doesn't look good for them.

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
eason really turned out to not be the "tough guy" you guys made him out to be Nugget fan thanks for making me look bad there :lol

X Factor?

Really itll come down to "Nuggets team shooting"

You laugh and say thats so nondescript.

If Kleiza, AI, JR Smith, and Camby are hitting their jumpers?

Then IMO the series doesn't look good for the Spurs.

The series as it is already doesn't look good for them.

Eason is a caged animal. It has yet to be unleashed.

I agree there a are 'chosen' few need to have good games i.e. jumpers. Blake. you forgot Blake.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM
The Nuggets success will fall on Melo's game and I think on Camby's interior defense and rebounding.

I don't think AI will have to play great in order for them to win.

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
The Nuggets success will fall on Melo's game and I think on Camby's interior defense and rebounding.

I don't think AI will have to play great in order for them to win.

I think our bench needs to come through first and foremost.

Let's face it. you guys are going to get the calls. we have a serious uphill battle. Our bench's shots need to fall.

Texas_Ranger
04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Nene.

phxspurfan
04-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Evans. and Melo. We will have trouble with both, because they are physical and can grab boards over everyone on our team not named Duncan. Second-chance points will be huge.

Also, the play of steve blake will be interesting -- he will be fired up for his first real playoff starts, and should have that fire like tony parker had in the lakers-spurs series back in 03. (when we won the first two by a lot and ended up losing because of poor shooting)

cambrad
04-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Nene. And our ability to play under control. If the refs let Nene and Duncan play, it will be a very interesting matchup. If we can not turn the ball over and play smart, we will win. Problem is, we've only started playing smart recently and there's no telling if we can keep it up.

101A
04-20-2007, 02:27 PM
If we can not turn the ball over and play smart, we might not get run off the court in four straight.

Fixed it.

cambrad
04-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Fixed it.

I can't wait for you guys to fall flat on your faces when Duncan retires and you don't land the first pick in the draft. No sports team deserves to be this arrogant.
:elephant

Phonzie20
04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
I can't wait for you guys to fall flat on your faces when Duncan retires and you don't land the first pick in the draft. No sports team deserves to be this arrogant.

let me reply to this...

:elephant:

ShoogarBear
04-20-2007, 03:46 PM
JR Smith

ShoogarBear
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
No sports team deserves to be this arrogant.
How would you know?

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll go with Kleiza and Najera. Najera missed the last series and crippled our bench. If nuggs have a chance Kleiza, JR and Blake have to hit some shots to open the lane. They have the last couple months but I'd be surprised if they do in the playoffs.

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
How would you know?

Broncos, Avs both have multiple championships. SA is a single sport city so I know it's different for you.

gino>yourlife
04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
camby

duncan228
04-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I saw too much of Evans when I lived outside Seattle and went to lots of Sonics games. He has his moments. What scares me is how physical he can be. Not as bad as Fortson in the Seattle series in '05, but I don't want my guys beat up. Play the game, don't resort to trying to hurt people.

Bwild
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Not to mention Evans is a willing nut grabber. Hope your guys wear cups.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Broncos, Avs both have multiple championships. SA is a single sport city so I know it's different for you.Avs?

Well, hell, if we're gonna count those, I think San Antonio might have some World Team Tennis titles.

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Touche, but hockey is still a top 4 sport, unlike rodeo or square dancing or whatever SA's #2 is.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Top 4? :lol

I'll bet I can find out who the rodeo and square dancing champions of 2005 were.

Cara De Dedão
04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Nenê... And it's not even debatable.

If the refs don't go overboard with Timmay's star treatment he will really affect this series...

People who only follow scoreboards and stats think Camby is our defensive ace... If you think so, you haven't been looking... While Camby gets the stats... Nenê does the dirty work...

He boxes out great... Whenever you see Camby having one of those 15-20 rebounds a night... Be sure that Nenê was there protecting the rim for him... I've seen him box out three guys in a game against the Bucks... It's amazing...

He's the one playing physical the other team's top offensive big man... He fights off P&R very well, he stays in front of his man, and when posted up, he seldomly loses ground, and most times forces the other guy to shoot a crappy shot... According to 82games.com, his opposition (positioning wise) shoots 38% on iFG% (those are inside shots)... And that's when Camby thrives on his blocks... Coming from the weakside when Nenê traps the attacker...

I'm not naive... Star big men will have their points on Denver... But, whenever he got a fair shake by the refs (allowing him to play, saving him from touch-bs-fouls) he really slows down his man... I've seen, time and over again, KG, Dirk and even Timmay have to WORK against him... In the final boxscore they eventually get their close to 20 pts average... But with fg% on the lower 40s... Most those points 20 pts come when Nenê's on the bench...

On offense, he's been a beast lately... He has no resemblance of a reliable 15ft jumper... But since he slimmed down, he's dunking on people left or right, finishing with a soft touch when needed, and he can finish (even on short hooks) with BOTH HANDS... Seriously... He's low post game is GREAT... He's been shooting over 70% on the last month (against top notch competition), and he's been more than reliable on his FT, shooting close to 78%... Most of all, hitting crunch time ones... He's been averaging 15 pts for the 2nd half of the season (on 7-8 shots a game) and he has a knack for drawing fouls... If he and Melo get it going on the P&R you guys are in trouble (seriously)...

I think I made my case...

SkunkinDuncan
04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Top 4? :lol

I'll bet I can find out who the rodeo and square dancing champions of 2005 were.

I'm waiting.......

picnroll
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Kizla

callo1
04-21-2007, 07:36 AM
JR Smith

Obstructed_View
04-21-2007, 12:48 PM

If the refs don't go overboard with Timmay's star treatment he will really affect this series...

People who only follow scoreboards and stats think Camby is our defensive ace... If you think so, you haven't been looking... While Camby gets the stats... Nenê does the dirty work...

He boxes out great... Whenever you see Camby having one of those 15-20 rebounds a night... Be sure that Nenê was there protecting the rim for him... I've seen him box out three guys in a game against the Bucks... It's amazing...

He's the one playing physical the other team's top offensive big man... He fights off P&R very well, he stays in front of his man, and when posted up, he seldomly loses ground, and most times forces the other guy to shoot a crappy shot... According to 82games.com, his opposition (positioning wise) shoots 38% on iFG% (those are inside shots)... And that's when Camby thrives on his blocks... Coming from the weakside when Nenê traps the attacker...

I'm not naive... Star big men will have their points on Denver... But, whenever he got a fair shake by the refs (allowing him to play, saving him from touch-bs-fouls) he really slows down his man... I've seen, time and over again, KG, Dirk and even Timmay have to WORK against him... In the final boxscore they eventually get their close to 20 pts average... But with fg% on the lower 40s... Most those points 20 pts come when Nenê's on the bench...

On offense, he's been a beast lately... He has no resemblance of a reliable 15ft jumper... But since he slimmed down, he's dunking on people left or right, finishing with a soft touch when needed, and he can finish (even on short hooks) with BOTH HANDS... Seriously... He's low post game is GREAT... He's been shooting over 70% on the last month (against top notch competition), and he's been more than reliable on his FT, shooting close to 78%... Most of all, hitting crunch time ones... He's been averaging 15 pts for the 2nd half of the season (on 7-8 shots a game) and he has a knack for drawing fouls... If he and Melo get it going on the P&R you guys are in trouble (seriously)...

Great take. Nene is clearly the X factor to me for those reasons. That said, the Nuggets' only chance is if the Spurs have an injury or just plain don't show up. I don't even think Smallball can do more than extend the series to six games.

Phonzie20
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Great take. Nene is clearly the X factor to me for those reasons. That said, the Nuggets' only chance is if the Spurs have an injury or just plain don't show up. I don't even think Smallball can do more than extend the series to six games.

lol. nice sig Obstructed.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
lol. nice sig Obstructed.
Thank you. I pull that one out around playoff time. If Mr. poopy-head robot-face needs a boost I'll put his scowl up as my avatar later. You'll see it if the Spurs get waxed in the first game.

Cara De Dedão
04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Thank you. I pull that one out around playoff time. If Mr. poopy-head robot-face needs a boost I'll put his scowl up as my avatar later. You'll see it if the Spurs get waxed in the first game.

You have to add one pic of ThatEasonGuy™ with a CMMFDS label. That would be perfect.

Man of Steel
04-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Melo.

If Melo tanks--it will be a short 4 game series.

If he gives Bowen a tough time--watch out--series stretches to 5.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Dermarr Johnson.

If he can get the bench warmed to about 75-85 degrees then the Nuggets have a chance

ShoogarBear
04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm waiting.......Um, I could care less about rodeo or square dancing.

And most other minor sports.

But nobody's claiming they're part of the "Big 4".

Cry Havoc
04-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Good post. There is only one problem with it though.

In 2005, Duncan played against the Detroit Pistons, who had Sheed and Ben Wallace. Two of the better post-defenders in the game that season. And Duncan destroyed them.

In game 7, he mauled them. Made them look 2 steps slow. They could double team him and it didn't matter. He took over.

Now, Nene MIGHT be a great defender (emphasis on might), but is he in the league of the Sheeds combined? I'm not sure.

One other thing: Duncan rampage against the Pistons came on only one good leg. There is simply no other post-presence more unstoppable in the league right now. He won't drop 50 a night, but only because he knows he doesn't have to.

Fernando TD21
04-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Good post. There is only one problem with it though.

In 2005, Duncan played against the Detroit Pistons, who had Sheed and Ben Wallace. Two of the better post-defenders in the game that season. And Duncan destroyed them.

In game 7, he mauled them. Made them look 2 steps slow. They could double team him and it didn't matter. He took over.

Now, Nene MIGHT be a great defender (emphasis on might), but is he in the league of the Sheeds combined? I'm not sure.

One other thing: Duncan rampage against the Pistons came on only one good leg. There is simply no other post-presence more unstoppable in the league right now. He won't drop 50 a night, but only because he knows he doesn't have to.
You mean the Wallaces combined? Please don't tell me that there is another Rasheed. :p:
I don't think that the Nenê and Camby can stop Duncan, but if they give their best effort, they might be able to slow him down a little bit. I believe Spurs will win in 5 or 6.

Cara De Dedão
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok... This is not gloating... And Timmay has the abillity to come back after last night's performance...

But Nenê played the exact role I expected him to do on both sides of the court... Here's hoping for him to pull the same kind of performance the whole series...

SkunkinDuncan
04-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Um, I could care less about rodeo or square dancing.

And most other minor sports.

But nobody's claiming they're part of the "Big 4".

You offered to find out the rodeo and square dancing champs. Don't get mad when I take you up on it. Geesh.

NugzFan
04-24-2007, 12:55 PM

agreed.