PDA

View Full Version : Superbad, looks really funny.

Buddy Holly
04-20-2007, 07:39 AM
George Michael from Arrested Development and Jonah Hill (who stole all his scenes in Accepted) star in this movie.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/superbad/mclovinapproved

SCdac
04-20-2007, 11:22 AM
This movie does look hilarious. Going to put other high school movies to shame. Seth Rogen plays one of the cops, but he also co-wrote. Very funny dude. Actually want to see "Knocked Up" as much as, or more than, "Superbad", but they both look to be homeruns.

T Park
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
the video stops playing for me after the woman says "Thanks for taking him seth"

it just goes black.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2007, 11:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPc28FASaEE

the red band trailer.

Mr. Black
06-02-2007, 12:29 AM
I was watching reel talk on nbc, and they interviewed Seth Rogen who said that he wrote the movie in High school, no one really wanted to make it because of the lewd things that are in it, but since 40 year old virgin people have become more open to those types of movies.

Interesting dude.

monosylab1k
08-17-2007, 02:54 AM
I just got out of the midnight showing of this.

Fellas, this is WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

It's like Knocked Up without all the chick flick bullshit. More dick jokes than you could ever imagine. And it's GREAT.

Seriously, all of you MUST go see Superbad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALVAREZ6
08-17-2007, 07:01 AM
I was watching reel talk on nbc, and they interviewed Seth Rogen who said that he wrote the movie in High school, no one really wanted to make it because of the lewd things that are in it, but since 40 year old virgin people have become more open to those types of movies.

Interesting dude.Don't you think it's possible that it was easy to write because it was probably based off his life in High School?

BeerIsGood!
08-18-2007, 12:04 AM
I just got out of the midnight showing of this.

Fellas, this is WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

It's like Knocked Up without all the chick flick bullshit. More dick jokes than you could ever imagine. And it's GREAT.

Seriously, all of you MUST go see Superbad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on. Definitely better than Knocked Up because it doesn't have the huge lulls while trying to chick it up. They went with the story and saw it through to the end and it was funny as hell.

"Oh hell.... how the fuck did I get period blood on my pants?" :lmao

I only wish Kevin Corrigan had a better role, that dude was funny as hell on "Grounded for Life"

METALMiKE
08-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Just saw this movie, WAS FUCKING HILARIOUS. :tu :tu

L.I.T
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
This thread needs a title change.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Is this from the guys who did Knocked up?

BeerIsGood!
08-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Is this from the guys who did Knocked up?

Pretty much - Seth Rogan (the main character in KU) directed and had a supporting role while Jud Apatow was a producer I believe. This is Rogan's brainchild, and it's better than KU. The 2 hours of KU had me wishing the movie was shorter due to lulls while Apatow tried to throw in his (fastly becoming) trademark chick flick aspects, but Superbad manages to stay on track and deliver a solid movie with tons of laughs. The 2 hours flew by IMO.

The one thing that surprised me was the lack of overtly sexual scenes and nudity. There was no nudity and most of the laughs aren't derived from awkward sexual gaffs (although there were some).

Leetonidas
08-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Superbad was fucking funny. I loved it. I hadn't laughed so hard at a movie in a while.

baseline bum
08-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Superbad is the funniest movie I've ever seen. It was far better than 40 Year Old Virgin. The only time I've even come as close to laughing as hard as I did tonight was when I went to see Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. The whole theater was dying the entire movie, and there wasn't a slow scene in it. Do not miss the credits on this one either.

Vizzini
08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
this was a hillarious movie! I will definetly go back to see it.

td4mvp21
08-18-2007, 11:35 PM
I saw it last night and it was hilarious :tu

peewee's lovechild
08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I plan to watch it tomorrow.

If I don't, I will be pissed with myself.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
VERY funny film!
You'll pretty much be laughing from start to finish.
The 2 hours just seems to fly by.
Definately one of the most hysterical things you'll see this year.

The sone
08-19-2007, 01:46 AM
yea yea real funny...

PakiDan
08-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Just saw it.... AWESOME!!! I laughed the whole time.... "Something like 8 percent of all kids have this problem..."

Cant_Be_Faded
08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
If only I could acquire some THC dietary supplements I would see this right now. I don't remember looking forward to seeing a movie as much as this one in a while. Glad to hear so many people giving it good reviews, will definitely see it now.

T Park
08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow overwhelming good reviews.

Definately will have to take this sob in when i have time after labor day..

Buddy Holly
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Pretty much - Seth Rogan (the main character in KU) directed and had a supporting role

Seth penned (along with his friend) the script for Superbad and played a role in the movie but he didn't direct, the director was Greg Mottola.

jaespur21
08-19-2007, 06:39 PM
that movie was helarious my brother told me so...ill find out wednesday

averageusaconsumer
08-19-2007, 09:11 PM
good enough for #1 at the box office

1. "Superbad," $31.2 million.

2. "Rush Hour 3," $21.8 million.

3. "The Bourne Ultimatum," $19 million.

4. "The Simpsons Movie," $6.7 million.

5. "The Invasion," $6 million.

6. "Stardust," $5.2 million.

7. "Hairspray," $4.3 million.

8. "Underdog," $3.6 million.

9. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," $3.54 million.

10. "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry," $3.5 million.

oligarchy
08-20-2007, 09:29 AM
I haven't seen a movie this funny in awhile. I loved Super Troopers and this might have been better. That's the last time I remember a movie that had me going almost the whole movie

01Snake
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
It wasn't that great. Wedding Crashers was way better.

PakiDan
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
You cock blocked Mclovin!

Jimcs50
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM
It was funny, but that that funny. There were no times that I laughed where I had tears in my eyes, not even close...mainly some chuckles throughout.

Knocked Up and 40 year old Virgin were better in my opinion.

The part were they were telling each other how much they loved each other was very awkward. This part of the movie could have been left out and the movie would have been better because the movie was 10 mins longer that the thin premise of the movie could stand.

Mclovin was a geek for the ages though and stole the movie and was worth the price of admission all by himself. It is hard to believe that this was his first movie.

oligarchy
08-21-2007, 10:59 AM
It wasn't that great. Wedding Crashers was way better.
Everyone has their own personal taste as far as comedies are concerned. I didn't find Wedding Crashers funny at all. Although, I love Super Troopers and many people don't find that movie funny. I still think it was funnier than 40 year-old virgin and Knocked Up.

oligarchy
08-21-2007, 11:05 AM
It was funny, but that that funny. There were no times that I laughed where I had tears in my eyes, not even close...mainly some chuckles throughout.
[QUOTE=Jimcs50]
Knocked Up and 40 year old Virgin were better in my opinion.

Knocked Up brought tears to your eyes? Wow.. the movie was a slow comedy and nothing leapt out as brilliant, to me anyway. The few funny parts were ruined by trailers. 40 year-old virgin was good, so it's hard to say because it's a matter of taste. As you said, it's your opinion.

The part were they were telling each other how much they loved each other was very awkward. This part of the movie could have been left out and the movie would have been better because the movie was 10 mins longer that the thin premise of the movie could stand.
lol. It cracks me up reading it now. That's what is genious about it.

Mclovin was a geek for the ages though and stole the movie and was worth the price of admission all by himself. It is hard to believe that this was his first movie.
I agree with you on that one. A great character.

TheSanityAnnex
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Saw it last night, don't remember the first half an hour because I was drunk and had to watch it with one eye. I need to go see it again because I really enjoyed the second part where I was able to use both eyes.

leemajors
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Knocked Up brought tears to your eyes? Wow.. the movie was a slow comedy and nothing leapt out as brilliant, to me anyway. The few funny parts were ruined by trailers. 40 year-old virgin was good, so it's hard to say because it's a matter of taste. As you said, it's your opinion.

lol. It cracks me up reading it now. That's what is genious about it.

I agree with you on that one. A great character.
knocked up is a lot funnier if you have been through a similar situation. my wife and i both thought it was spot on, captured both of our points of view perfectly. the only difference is we had been dating for over a year before she got pregnant. the brilliance began when shimmy shimmy ya came on before the movie even started.

BeerIsGood!
08-21-2007, 11:15 PM
knocked up is a lot funnier if you have been through a similar situation. my wife and i both thought it was spot on, captured both of our points of view perfectly. the only difference is we had been dating for over a year before she got pregnant. the brilliance began when shimmy shimmy ya came on before the movie even started.

I was in a similar situation, and still didn't find it that great. It was all over the place, if you're gonna make a goofy comedy please, PLEASE LEAVE THE CHICK FLICK shit out. It tried to be everything to everyone, and ended up being two movies. A decent comedy and a really shitty chick flick.

I like Superbad just for the reason that it stayed true to itself without the self righteous bullshit "lessons" of movies like Knocked Up. I don't need movies to try to give me a lesson, I've lived it.

Jimcs50
08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Knocked Up brought tears to your eyes?

where did I say that?

oligarchy
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
where did I say that?

It's deductive reasoning. You said SuperBad didn't bring tears to your eyes, rather only chuckles. Then you went on to state Knocked Up and 40 year old virgin were funnier. Therefore, one would deduce that movies that you find funnier brought tears to your eyes.

Bigzax
08-22-2007, 01:09 PM
damnit oligarchy, jim's a doctor not a movie critic

saporvida
08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
good movie but not as good as 40yr old virgin & knocked up. good though.

ALVAREZ6
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Way overhyped. I just got back, and it wasn't that good, I didn't laugh hard once. I laughed very subtley many times, but nothing made me burst out like anchorman, 40 yr old virgin, wedding crashers, or knocked up.

You can't even put Superbad close to that pool of movies. The first 3 quarters were so fuckin slow.

J.T.
08-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I got really baked before I saw this movie and maintained that level of intoxication for almost the entire duration of the movie, until the really gay chick flicky shit at the end. But it was pretty fucking hilarious, dunno if being stoned made it funnier, but weed tends to make mediocre movies a lot better for me.

The movie gets props for reffing Zack Morris. I saw it with my friend who is two years younger than I am and he has no idea who Zack Morris is. What a noob.

Mclovin needs his own movie.

leemajors
08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I was in a similar situation, and still didn't find it that great. It was all over the place, if you're gonna make a goofy comedy please, PLEASE LEAVE THE CHICK FLICK shit out. It tried to be everything to everyone, and ended up being two movies. A decent comedy and a really shitty chick flick.

I like Superbad just for the reason that it stayed true to itself without the self righteous bullshit "lessons" of movies like Knocked Up. I don't need movies to try to give me a lesson, I've lived it.
how exactly would you leave "chick flick shit" out of a movie where one of the main characters was pregnant? i didn't think it was a chick flick at all.

LuvBones
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
This movie was hilarious! I agree McLovin (and the cops) carried this movie. It got a little slow but only at the very end... still better than knocked up. :tu

Spurminator
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure what was so chick-flicky about Knocked Up either. Do you mean the parts with *story*?

It wasn't meant to be a "guy movie."

ALVAREZ6
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
This movie was hilarious! I agree McLovin (and the cops) carried this movie. It got a little slow but only at the very end... still better than knocked up. :tuAre you serious?

Knocked Up was 10 times better than SuperBad

Whisky Dog
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Knocked Up was all over the place with their horrible attempt to be both a gross out comedy and a sentimental tear jerker. It went for cheap, overblown, typical BS to tug at your heartstrings. Did it really need 30 min. of the woman getting all pissy about the parenting books (like you learn how to be a parent from a book, come on)? The the guy caves as is typical in the movies to conform and do what she wants for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000t h happy ending in movie history. Is it too much to make something original? How often do situations like that end happily? Here's how they end 95% of the time - with the couple hating each other and the kid growing up with severe emotional issues. Write a movie about that.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I didn't think Superbad was great, but it was better than Knocked Up. I still prefer the 40 Yr Old Virgin to both of them.

maxpower
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know where 40yo virgin gets so much love from. It was funny but not something I would watch repeatedly. For me it was just average.

Superbad ranks up there with There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber...with Knocked Up being a half a notch below.

ALVAREZ6
08-24-2007, 12:10 PM
You can't be serious...Superbad is overrated.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure what was so chick-flicky about Knocked Up either. Do you mean the parts with *story*?

It wasn't meant to be a "guy movie."

If you can't distinguish a *story* from a cheap attempt to pull at your heart strings then you're the exact type of imbecile they market that drivel to. Learn to be a bit more discerning and don't fall for every cheap money making trick the movie industry tries to force feed down your throat.

Spurminator
08-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Give me a fucking break. Like hating happy endings and sentimentality makes you some kind of movie expert.

The things you hate so much about "Knocked Up" are the very things that make it an original comedy (and "The 40 Year Old Virgin" had those same heartstring-tugging elements, but perhaps you've forgotten that).

screamformelongbeach
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
In short, if you loved American Pie (which I did), you will love Superbad. In my opinion, Knocked Up sucked, while 40-Year-Old Virgin was decent, but far from great.

Superbad had me in stitches from start to finish.

Spurminator
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
American Pie, now THAT had some sappy chick flick bullshit.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Give me a fucking break. Like hating happy endings and sentimentality makes you some kind of movie expert. The things you hate so much about "Knocked Up" are the very things that make it an original comedy (and "The 40 Year Old Virgin" had those same heartstring-tugging elements, but perhaps you've forgotten that).

Ok, here's a fucking break.

Now back to addressing your stupidity. The 40YOV didn't have 30 minutes of useless "you didn't read the parenting books I gave you so now I no longer want to be with you" bullshit drama that had half the theater looking at their watches wondering when the shit was gonna end. If you were in the female/pussy half that ate it up like they wanted you too, then it's no wonder you defend that garbage.

dickface
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
You can't be serious...Superbad is overrated.
but aren't you also the guy that thought that movie with all the Spartan guys prancing about in their underwear stabbing shit was the greatest movie ever?

ALVAREZ6
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
but aren't you also the guy that thought that movie with all the Spartan guys prancing about in their underwear stabbing shit was the greatest movie ever?Not the greatest movie ever, but a pretty good one.

LuvBones
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
but aren't you also the guy that thought that movie with all the Spartan guys prancing about in their underwear stabbing shit was the greatest movie ever?:lol

and yeah Alvarez I am serious. I have to disagree with you on SuperBad & 300.

ALVAREZ6
08-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Superbad was so predictable.

ATRAIN
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
predictable or not that shit was funny

Spurminator
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Now back to addressing your stupidity. The 40YOV didn't have 30 minutes of useless "you didn't read the parenting books I gave you so now I no longer want to be with you" bullshit drama that had half the theater looking at their watches wondering when the shit was gonna end. If you were in the female/pussy half that ate it up like they wanted you too, then it's no wonder you defend that garbage.

Damn, you really didn't like that part...

I accepted it as part of the overall story line. It wasn't my favorite part of the movie, but I didn't think it got in the way of anything either. I kind of expected some irrational and hormonal behavior in a movie about a FUCKING PREGNANT WOMAN. And I don't have such an insatiable craving for scrotum and semen gags that I can't deal with a few minutes of dialogue and non-fratboy-humor during parts of a movie.

I mean, to each his own. Clearly you wanted a "no girls allowed" kind of movie that would appeal exclusively to your substantial masculinity without any dramatic elements getting in the way, and you felt betrayed that Judd Apatow had different ideas in mind for his film. That doesn't make you stupid. What does make you stupid is your comically ridiculous feeling of superiority over people who have a different opinion than yours of a comedy.

leemajors
08-25-2007, 03:20 PM
smoked.

Flight3107
08-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Funniest movie of the year BY FAR

leemajors
08-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Funniest movie of the year BY FAR
you haven't seen the condemned.

McLovin
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
yo get this shiznit today!
http://www.gearcritech.com/images2/2007.10/update15_superbad.jpg

J.T.
12-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Got the 2 disc DVD at midnight today, and it's got some funny shit on it. Especially the "cop car confessions". Has some of the 40YOV actors, SNL people, and some other funny people (Nick Swardson, Justin Long doing a McConaughey impression) acting out some backseat confessional skits with the two cops from the movie.

The commentary track on the DVD was great too. Overall, I didn't think the unrated movie added anything to the experience and would have probably preferred the theatre version with all of these extras. But it was still funny as hell to watch again. Great movie.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Great writing in this movie, all around hilarious flick. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to laugh their ass off.

atxrocker
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
someone please tell me it's funnier than knocked up.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
someone please tell me it's funnier than knocked up.I didn't like Knocked Up at all, but Superbad had me in hysterics.

leemajors
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i liked both, but i liked knocked up better.

baseline bum
12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Knocked Up had some great moments, but Superbad was almost exclusively great scenes.

J.T.
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Superbad succeeds over other high school comedies because it's real. The dialogue between the two main characters is legitimate. I had conversations like they did with my best friends in high school. Everyone had a friend or was that nerdy guy Fogell. Knocked Up felt like they were trying to inject their style of comedy into a real life situation, and parts of it were funny but I didn't think it was a great movie. The best part about Superbad is that it's real... aside from the crazy drunk cops who spend most of the movie breaking the law rather than upholding it.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, like the beginning when Seth casually asks the skinny guy to buy his Energy Drink for him, its common knowledge that the larger of two friends is always drinking Energy drinks, and always asking others to buy them for him.
Classic!!

I finally saw 3/4 of Knocked Up and really the only funny parts beside the casual funny line by the main guy was all from the fat guy from Superbad....Every line he had in Knocked up made the movie...like when he bitched out the skinny guy for shaving his pubes
classic

DannyT
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
funny as fuck movie go get it.....nuff said

marini martini
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
"Listened" to Knocked up this past weekend, while driving to Galveston with my best friend. Her daughter & 2 friends had it playing on the DVD in the Tahoe. We were suprisingly embarrassed from the audio & teased the girl that brought it. Would have loved to have seen it though :toast

But yeah "Dicken's on the Strand" did kick major ass :santahat

ALVAREZ6
12-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Superbad succeeds over other high school comedies because it's real. The dialogue between the two main characters is legitimate. I had conversations like they did with my best friends in high school. Everyone had a friend or was that nerdy guy Fogell. Knocked Up felt like they were trying to inject their style of comedy into a real life situation, and parts of it were funny but I didn't think it was a great movie. The best part about Superbad is that it's real... aside from the crazy drunk cops who spend most of the movie breaking the law rather than upholding it.This is why I didn't think Superbad was as great as everyone said it was. Too much of it was Mclovin and the cops. The middle of the movie was so slow I couldn't take it. To live up to it's hype I think it should have only had like 5 minutes with the cops, that crap was boring and it was'nt as important as the other shit going on in the plot.

Sapphire
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Just got back from Best Buy with this movie. It was the funniest movie I've seen in a long while. Can't wait for the weekend now!

sa_kid20
12-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I just bought the 2-DISC UNRATED EXTENDED EDITION at Wal-Mart. Can't wait to check out all the special features! I already watched the unrated version which isn't really all that different from the original but still funny as hell!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
We just rented this b'cuz Mrs. Chopper hadn't seen it. It was funnier for me the second time around. Anyone who ever did the stupid stuff teenagers do could relate to this movie.

Shelly
01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I just watched this last night and I thought it pretty much lived up to it's name. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to watch it, but I didn't think it was funny at all. The passive-aggressiveness of the Seth character bugged me to no end.

Melmart1
01-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I thought it was alright, I probably waited too long to see it and thus let the hype take over. It had some really funny parts and some really lame ones, like the end. Overall, it was much too long. Had they take a good 15-20 minutes out of the movie it would have been better, imho.

CuckingFunt
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
I bought it a couple days after Christmas. And I cracked up when I watched it the second time, but I can tell it will be one of those movies that I take out and watch every couple of years at the most (rather than the ones I obsess over and watch every couple of months).

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Movie should have ended after the party and the ongoing bit with the cops was completely unnecessary, IMO.

Solid B.

CuckingFunt
01-21-2008, 03:40 PM
the cops were hilahrious
but they shoudn't have let on that they knew that mclovin was too young
should have kept them stupidThat part just felt tacked on as if the writers/director knew they couldn't get away with the cops turning a blind eye to statutory rape.

Dex
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Screw you lamers, Super Bad was funny. If you can't agree to that, you should have your laugher checked.

florige
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Seth had the funniest parts in that movies to me. Like the part when he was talking about flipping his boner up into his waistband... :lol

sa_kid20
01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Screw you lamers, Super Bad was funny. If you can't agree to that, you should have your laugher checked.
:tu

KidCongo
01-22-2008, 03:34 AM
"you scratch my back i scratch yours"

"well thats funny because my back is located on my crutch"

good movie

atxrocker
01-22-2008, 03:38 AM
ha... watched it tonight and thought it was good. waaaaay better than knocked up.

Slydragon
01-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Just saw it 2 days ago, It was ok to me. I really did not laugh like crazy and the cops saved the movie.

T Park
02-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Alright after finally seeing Knocked up tonight, and superbad near christmas, I gotta go with knocked up over superbad.

Bother are funny as all hell, but Knocked up's story line thats just i don't know, better puts it a tad over superbad.

Superbad just had parts where they thought "lets throw some genetelia jokes in there and they'll love it"