PDA

View Full Version : Well Well Well

xrayzebra
04-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Mr. Reid, the Senate Majority Leader has confirmed what
I have said before. The Dimm-o-craps are the party of
defeat and cut and run. The no backbone party. The
party of traitors, scumballs and losers.

We have lost. The terrorist have won. And sadly in
his mind the terrorist are the good guys and Bush is
the bad guy. :depressed

Mr. Reid, has declared we have lost.

smeagol
04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Mr. Reid, the Senate Majority Leader has confirmed what
I have said before. The Dimm-o-craps are the party of
defeat and cut and run. The no backbone party. The
party of traitors, scumballs and losers.

We have lost. The terrorist have won. And sadly in
his mind the terrorist are the good guys and Bush is
the bad guy. :depressed

Mr. Reid, has declared we have lost.
200 people died yesterday in two different terrorists attacks.

How is it that the US is wining the war, again?

xrayzebra
04-20-2007, 12:38 PM
That many died in the U.S. from car accidents. Should we
outlaw the wheel? We lost more in one day of war during
WWII and thank God the people or the US and leadership
had the guts to stay the course. And guess what, we won.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2007, 12:46 PM
This surge is just a continuation of the half-assing of this war that has been Bush's strategy from the start. I'd say we finally have the right man in charge on the field but it could be an issue of too little, too late. Republicans will want to be out of Iraq just as badly as any Democrat by 2008. That's a simple reality.

smeagol
04-20-2007, 02:20 PM
That many died in the U.S. from car accidents.

Relevance?

This is as stupid of an argument as the people who say that more Americans die of car accidents than of gun shots so cars should be banned.

You are comparing deaths caused by cars, a medium of transportation that practicaly holds the economy together, with deaths which are the direct cause of America's intervention in Iraq.

Talk about apples and oranges

We lost more in one day of war during WWII and thank God the people or the US and leadership had the guts to stay the course.

Comparing WWII with the War in Iraq is retarded. Strike that, it's fucking retarded.

101A
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Republicans will want to be out of Iraq just as badly as any Democrat by 2008. That's a simple reality.

There will be a couple of examples to the contrary, but by and large, this is an accurate statement.

George Gervin's Afro
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
That many died in the U.S. from car accidents. Should we
outlaw the wheel? We lost more in one day of war during
WWII and thank God the people or the US and leadership
had the guts to stay the course. And guess what, we won.

In other words Ray can't defend his position by responding to your post so he brings out worthless domestic stats.. par for the course..

OH and by the way ray we have already won the war. we have lost in rebuilding Iraq into a beacon of democracy..

xrayzebra
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
In other words Ray can't defend his position by responding to your post so he brings out worthless domestic stats.. par for the course..

OH and by the way ray we have already won the war. we have lost in rebuilding Iraq into a beacon of democracy..

Defend, defend. Get serious you twerp. I am defending my
country. And the people who are keeping your sorrow butt
from becoming the next headless horseman.

I am just pointing out the stupidity of keep stating
statistics of the deaths because of the war. War is
what it is. Death and destruction. What did you think
was going happen over there. Wine and roses?

You folks are really something. Our people are fighting
a war, whether you agree with it or not, they are fighting
and the are fighting people who want to kill us. I guess
you think it perfectly alright to concede defeat in the
face of the enemy.

You have the intelligence of a door knob. That is you
are functional, but only for one reason.

ggoose25
04-20-2007, 03:33 PM
i sure hope the war isnt lost. but what I dont understand is what constitutes a victory? It is extremely subjective and ambiguous, and when do you say enough is enough?

I am willing to see this "surge" through until the end of the year, and if the Iraqi forces still cant get their shit together, our troops should begin to come home. Even if it is cutting and running, there comes a point when sacrificing American lives for a country that can't help themselves is like beating a dead horse.

clambake
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
If you don't think this surge is gonna work, then you're crazy. We haven't begun to fight. We're luring them in. If you hadn't noticed, they're starting to drive right to us. Democrat pussies are secretly working for Osama. There will be a great victory. You'll see. Those car bombs would have happened anyway, whether we invaded or not. The people were about to rise up against Saddam and kill him with his own WMD's.

Give pretending a chance!

Bob Lanier
04-20-2007, 05:05 PM
So what are you going to do about such evil, xray?

boutons_
04-20-2007, 05:54 PM
The bogus Iraq war was started by the Repugs, has been lost by the Repugs, the surge is failing totally to make any effective difference Iraq-wide.

The Dems are totally out of the Iraqi picture, but keep that anti-Dem bullshit and slime coming. It goes right down the toilet, like the Repugs reputation has done and will do for years.

Nbadan
04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Blah, it's Iraq, not VT. You can't expect us to care about ever massacre, can you?

sabar
04-21-2007, 12:39 AM
72,000 total dead from the war. Dare I say the casualty count might be lower (like, 50 times lower) if we just took the brunt of terror attacks here instead of in Iraq?

It's pretty sad that less people died per day under Saddam than under reconstructed Iraq.

AFE7FATMAN
04-21-2007, 10:57 AM
http://ibdeditorials.com/IMAGES/cartoons/toon042307.gif

a picture is worth a ...........

PixelPusher
04-21-2007, 10:05 PM
^drawn by yet another conservative who persists in the fantasy that the Iraq occupation is just like WWII.

xrayzebra
04-23-2007, 08:47 AM
PP what part of the war is different from WWII? No one died. We were not dragged
into the war. No civilians died during WWII?
The only difference I can see is that citizens
of this country supported our governments
efforts in all respects and didn't go around
shouting the sky is falling 24/7. And our
President and his party is really the enemy.
Terrorist are just mis-understood and we
caused them to be the way they are. Their
religious beliefs have no bearing whatsoever.

clambake
04-23-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm with ray on this. From now on, I'm going to pretend just like a republican, and when the whole thing collapses, I'll blame dimmocraps. Being repub is a win-win. You tell them ray!

Now, Ray, please grace us with some more of your teachings on the moral code!@!!

George Gervin's Afro
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
PP what part of the war is different from WWII? No one died. We were not dragged

Your right ray!! we all just need to shut up and blindly follow the president into the abyss.. Everything is actually ok ..!!! Wow my life just got better all of a sudden..

Extra Stout
04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Among U.S. wars, WWII was arguably the only one where there was negligible dissent, because the cause for which America was fighting was so unequivocally clear.

Contrast that with attitudes toward the Korean War, just five years after the end of WWII.

clambake
04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm now a staunch repub. and I say any war is a good war. Why haven't we nuked Iran?

You dimms need to shut up. You weren't smart enough to know we were lying, so get an education. If you want things your way, then learn to steal an election.

George Gervin's Afro
04-23-2007, 10:30 AM
:clap The dimmo craps just don't get it. If we nuke everybody then we will have world peace... We can bomb everybody into a democracy!! I am now a Republican!!

Ocotillo
04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Harry Reid speaks the truth. Bush has lost Iraq.

The American military has done one hell of a job and they are finished with what they need to and can do in Iraq. The swiftness of the fall of Saddam and the capitulation of the Baathist regime was impressive. It's what happened afterward is where our leadership (read: Commander-in-Chief) let our brave men and women down so dismally.

First of all no planning was given to the occupation. What followed by the civilian leadership was one grave error after another. There may have been a time when a surge would have worked. While that is debatable, that time has surely passed and all but the most stubborn and blind can see that.

If a mistake could be made, this administration made it. Now Iraq has a low grade civil war going on, an active insurgency, an impotent government and because of the chaos it is now a training ground for al Quada. You have a nation of about 20 million that has what seems to be an endless cache of small weapons and explosives, the vast majority who distrust the Americans and want us out and it is their home. We don't live there, they do. Even the most gung ho serviceman eventually wants to come home from Iraq because Iraq is not his home. That being said, the stakes are higher for the Iraqis than us. That is no reflection upon the dedication of the troops. They are doing their "job" as poorly defined by the civilian leadership as they can.

To truly be "victorious" in Iraq, at least by administration standards, it calls for a fighting force much larger than we have. To maintain readiness to take on another conflict, God forbid one should happen, and support the mission in Iraq, our military needs 100,000s of more personnel. Where are we going to get them? A draft would be devastating politically for anyone that seriously proposed it but if the situation in the GWOT is as perilous as BushCo advocates, shouldn't we move forward with a draft since we are not getting enough volunteers?

If it helps the dead enders who still support this president and the Iraq war any, I propose they rethink their position in a grander scheme of things. If we are in this Global War on Terror and Iraq is but a part of it, accept that we mismanaged this and lost a battle in Iraq and move on to fight the forces of terrorism in another more productive manner.

Continued dumping of resources into the quagmire diverts necessary resources from re-stabilizing Afghanistan and truly taking out al Quada threats wherever they may be.

You see, the blowhards who speak of the threat of Islamic extremists bent on world domination really don't believe that because their actions don't back up their words. If the "Islamofacists" are hell bent on taking over all of Western civilization and life as we know it, then we have to pull out all the stops and that means calling upon a shared sacrifice, including a draft, higher taxes to support a much greater military budget and a call for all to put aside our everyday life and focus on defeating this enemy. (Kind of like the real WWII).

The dirty little secret is: There are a handful of nutjobs who do want to dominate the world with their perverted view of Islam. A very significant portion of the Muslim world is sympathetic in general with wackos because they identify with the Islamic portion of their credo and often see Americans as meddling in their affairs at a minimum, or at the most dedicated to dominating them. Our clumsy efforts in our fight against Bin Laden and his allies makes us more enemies than friends. It doesn't have to be that way.

smeagol
04-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Ray, WWII has nothing to do with the Iraq war. Saddam was not invading the rest of Asia the way Hitler was invading Europe, ok?

Saddam did not attack the US the way the Japonese (Hitler's allies) attcked the US, ok?

Those two wars as different from each other as the Peloponisian War was from the War of the Roses.

Please stop justfying the Iraq invadsion with what happened in WWII. It makes you look stupid.

xrayzebra
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Ray, WWII has nothing to do with the Iraq war. Saddam was not invading the rest of Asia the way Hitler was invading Europe, ok?

Saddam did not attack the US the way the Japonese (Hitler's allies) attcked the US, ok?

Those two wars as different from each other as the Peloponisian War was from the War of the Roses.

Please stop justfying the Iraq invadsion with what happened in WWII. It makes you look stupid.

First, I really wasn't to compare the two in justification.
I am trying to show that war is war. You folks keep
trying to show it is an unjust war because of the number
of killed. Iraq, as a war, has been a success, if you can
call killing people a success, with the low casualty rate.

I find it extremely "funny" that the same group who is
wanting us out of Iraq want us in Dafur. I use the term
"funny" as "peculiar" . These are the same people who
don't want us interfering with other peoples "civil wars".
And nation building.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Iraq, as a war, has been a success, if you can
call killing people a success, with the low casualty rate.That's the problem. Iraq is not about body counts. Ask Petraeus what the the main objective, the "center of gravity," for the present conflict is. It's not killing people.

xrayzebra
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Harry Reid speaks the truth.
The dirty little secret is: There are a handful of nutjobs who do want to dominate the world with their perverted view of Islam. A very significant portion of the Muslim world is sympathetic in general with wackos because they identify with the Islamic portion of their credo and often see Americans as meddling in their affairs at a minimum, or at the most dedicated to dominating them. Our clumsy efforts in our fight against Bin Laden and his allies makes us more enemies than friends. It doesn't have to be that way.

Kinda reminds you of the America Liberals, doesn't it?
Does suicide kinda describe this kinda thing?

Wonder why the leadership of the world doesn't denounce
these wackos? Wonder why no one in our so called
leadership doesn't denounce them, other than Bush?
sympathetic my foot, they are cowed.

PixelPusher
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
We will win the "War on Terror"...just as soon as we figure out how to win the "War on Drugs" and the "War on Poverty". I think we just have to give the WH enough time to find the winning slogan.

Stay The Course - Rejected by the American voters in 2006, see "Einstein's theory of insanity"

Support The Troops - Rejected in practice by the Bush Admin, see "Walter Reed Scandal", "Extending Tours of Duty" and "Donald Rumsfeld"

Support Our President - Rejected by 70% of the American public, slogan void if replaced by Democrat in '08

The Surge Is Working - see "Wack-a-mole analogy" and 2005 National Review article "What went right (http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200504270759.asp)"

We Fight Them Over There, So We Don't Have To Fight Them Over Here - see "Cost/Benefit analysis", "Sustainability" and "Hercules vs. The Hydra"

We Will Stand Down When The Iraqis Stand Up - Rejected by Bush Admin, see article "Training Iraqi troops no longer driving force in U.S. policy (http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/17104704.htm)"