PDA

View Full Version : Just a Reminder - Spurs at noon

Kori Ellis
11-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Today's Spurs/Raptors game is on at 12:00 noon central.

ducks
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
San Antonio (8-1) at Toronto (4-6)
Preview - Box Score - Recap
Game Info: 1:00 pm EST Sun Nov 21, 2004
TV: FxSW, TSN Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets
Vince Carter may be the Raptors' leading scorer, but he's not very popular among Toronto's fans right now.

Amid a swirl of trade rumors, Carter looks to help the Raptors stop one of the hottest teams in the NBA as they host the San Antonio Spurs.

Carter scored a team-high 21 points in the Raptors' 101-94 loss to the Seattle SuperSonics on Friday, but was booed during introductions and nearly every time he touched the ball. The star guard asked for a trade during the summer, and his agent traveled to Toronto on Friday to meet with Toronto general manager Rob Babcock.

Babcock is reportedly talking with the Trail Blazers about a deal that would send Carter to Portland.

``I don't know what's going on, I still don't,'' said Carter, who is averaging a career-low 15.6 points per game. ``It's weird, they boo you, then you make a shot, they cheer, so that's why I'm happy.''

Carter isn't the only Toronto player affected by the trade rumors.

``We had a ton of guys calling each other last night, saying we hope we don't get traded or that this isn't our last game,'' said Rose, who called Carter when he first heard about the possible trade.

``I just see myself as a throw-in in the whole situation. Every time I hear my name it's just about my salary and throwing me in the trade just to make it go through. You've got to keep your phone lines open, and keep the moving company on hold.''

Rafer Alston added 20 points for Toronto, which has lost five straight. The Raptors are 1-6 since opening the season with three straight wins.

The Spurs won their sixth straight on Friday, beating the Boston Celtics 92-84. San Antonio trailed 66-59 at the end of the third quarter, but opened the fourth with a 25-6 run, which included a 13-0 spurt.

``We did a good job hanging in and grinding it out,'' said coach Gregg Popovich, whose team was playing its third game in four nights. ``As the second half wound down, we played very good defense and that gave us an opportunity to generate some emotion and some juice and, at the offensive end, we started making some shots.''

Tim Duncan scored 26 points, but had just six rebounds, failing to record a double-double for the first time this season. The Spurs were outrebounded 44-29.

``The ball just bounces the wrong way sometimes,'' Duncan said. ``We had the effort. We were going after the ball.''

STANDINGS (through Nov. 19): Spurs - 1st place (tied), Southwest Division. Raptors - 3rd place (tied), 1/2 GB, Atlantic Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Spurs - F Bruce Bowen, F Duncan, C Rasho Nesterovic, G Tony Parker, G Manu Ginobili. Raptors - F Carter, F Chris Bosh, C Loren Woods, G Rose, G Alston.

TEAM LEADERS: Spurs - Duncan, 24 ppg and 13.1 rpg; Parker, 5.3 apg. Raptors - Carter, 15.6 ppg; Bosh, 6.7 rpg; Alston, 6.1 apg.

2003-04 SEASON SERIES: Spurs, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 18; Spurs, 86-82. At Toronto, Duncan had 26 points and 21 rebounds for the Spurs, who had a 21-1 runafter Carter left the game in the fourth quarter with an injured left ankle. Carter scored a team-high 22 points for Toronto.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Spurs - 4-1 on the road; Raptors - 3-1 at home.

INJURIES: Spurs - F Linton Johnson III (ankle); F-C Sean Marks (back); G Romain Sato (knee). Raptors - G Roger Mason (ankle); F Donyell Marshall (hamstring); G Alvin Williams (knee).

ducks
11-21-2004, 12:13 PM
100 spurs
89 losers

Shaolin-Style
11-21-2004, 12:17 PM
just a friendly reminder to let some of you know I just stumbled on the time, didn't realize it was this early :pctoss

Corn
11-21-2004, 12:20 PM
GO SPURS GO!

:elephant :elephant

Corn
11-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I am going to watch it.

Go Spurs Go!

Shaolin-Style
11-21-2004, 12:25 PM
oh didn't see your thread kori, delete mine please :blah

86-72 spurs

SuperManu!!!
11-21-2004, 12:34 PM
We are going to kick vince carter's ass!!!!

thispego
11-21-2004, 01:36 PM
BIG FUCKING SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!! God I hate FSSW, not only are they not showing it here in victoria but I can't get one goddamned person on the phone to bitch their asses out for making a habit of advertising games that their bitch asses arent gonna show :bang :cuss

Fuck You FSSW :flipoff

grjr
11-21-2004, 01:42 PM
With what I'm seeing so far you're not missing anything. Spurs don't feel up to playing defense so far.

SPURS21
11-21-2004, 03:04 PM
I got a call at 9am this mornin, was too tired to pick it up. Woke up at 12 eastern, returned the call. My buddy offered me box seats to the spurs game at the ACC but by the time i called back it was too late.....FUCK!

ZStomp
11-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Who in here needs a reminder?
If you do, you're not a real Fan!!