PDA

View Full Version : BURN !!! (today's chat with Bill Simmons, Espn)

lefty
04-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Sridhar (TX): SA did not lose to Dallas because of the foul. They still had the last shot in regulation and they still had the overtime to win it. So please stop saying that DALLAS won because of Manu.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (2:50 PM ET ) They won because of Manu.

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Bill Simmons is undoubtedly the foremost authority on the planet on just about every subject. His opinions are so well-conceived they should never, ever be questioned by anyone, anywhere. Period.

Texas_Ranger
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
:lol.

SpursWoman
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Bill Simmons is undoubtedly the foremost authority on the planet on just about every subject. His opinions are so well-conceived they should never, ever be questioned by anyone, anywhere. Period.

I like Bill Simmons ... even when he's an ass. :nerd

FromWayDowntown
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I like Bill Simmons ... even when he's an ass. :nerd

Actually, I like him, too. I loved his LVP/MVP column from earlier this week. And his mailbags are always great. I just don't think I'd ever rely on him as a source to try to settle an argument.

cambrad
04-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Bill Simmons is hilarious.

PerforatedNeckline
04-20-2007, 02:47 PM
i think bill simmons has a fairly good grasp on what it means to be a sportswriter...or at least, an informal sportswriter...whenever he's clearly wrong, he always says "the lesson, as always, is that i'm an idiot." he's usually pretty good about owning up to mistakes. i don't think he ever claims to be a true authority on anything. whether or not you find him funny is, of course, completely subjective. perhaps you don't find teams receiving "z-infinity-minuses" for their lack of activity before the trade deadline funny. i do.

SScarrJ
04-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Jim, Boston Massachusetts: Hey Bill, who ya got wining the NBA finals?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: All right, here's my pick: I was going to take SA over Detroit, but since I picked SA over Cleveland before the season started, I'll stick with that one. What the hell? Stranger things have happened than a one-man team making the Finals in a subpar conference.

Mike (New York): How far can the Suns go this year in the playoff? Can they beat Dallas in 7?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: I'm worried about Nash, I thought he looked more and more tired as the season went along and he is coming off 2 straight 90-plus game seasons in a row... that's the biggest red flag to me. They peaked in January and now im not as sold on them... if I had to bet my life on 1 team, I'd pick the Spurs.

He usually calls it how he sees it.

The Truth #6
04-20-2007, 06:17 PM
He's also biased against Manu for some reason.

Cara De Dedão
04-20-2007, 06:18 PM
He's also biased against Manu for some reason.

It's the the bald spot.

Kermit
04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
the bald spot is quite disturbing. dude needs to do something with it.

nkdlunch
04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
the bald spot is quite disturbing. dude needs to do something with it.

http://levinejudaica.com/catalog/images/kippah%20clip.jpg

or

http://www.scholastic.co.uk/bookfairs/images/hats_beanie_paperhat.jpg

J.T.
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Someone should've asked him what Tom Brady was doing on Feb 4th this year.

Cara De Dedão
04-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Someone should've asked him what Tom Brady was doing on Feb 4th this year.

Probably nailing some out of this world hot chick... Not too shabby.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Um, we did lose game 7 because of Manu. There was no way we could win in OT with all the starters over 40 minutes due to getting 20 down in the second quarter...

However, we lost the series for a multitude of reasons that have already been hashed, re-hashed and grilled to hell.

Also, everyone's allowed to make the odd mistake. Manu carried us to 2005, he stopped us in '06. His brain explosion doesn't diminish him at all in my eyes. I'll always appreciate Manu for what he has done to make Spurs basketball exciting, and to bring us rings. He is a true champion. Nuff said.

Oh, and Bill Simmons is the most entertaining writer in sports methinks, and generally he loves Manu, so don't hold any grudges against him... ;)

AlamoSpursFan
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Probably nailing some out of this world hot chick... Not too shabby.

Or Tara Reid.

:lol