PDA

View Full Version : article on Quincy Carter-- I think I wet myself

Samr
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Remember Quincy Carter, former quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys? That's great, because not many people do. After a bad experience (as opposed to a good one?) with pot, he is now quarterbacking the worst team in the AFL2 -- the arena football league's MINOR LEAGUE. This is one of the funniest pieces I have ever read:

Since getting dismissed by the Cowboys in the summer of 2004, Lavonya Quintelle Carter's life has gone to shit. And, arguably worse, Shreveport......His fall from grace reads like a man slipping down the trunk of tree, grasping for safety only to have the branches whack him in the crotch each painful rung into despair.

link to the article in Dallas Observer (http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-04-12/news/amazing-disgrace/)

AlamoSpursFan
04-20-2007, 06:26 PM
"If I'd never picked up pot I'd still be playing for the Cowboys," says Carter, who in Dallas routinely quoted Bible verses during interviews. "I have to live with that."

:lol

Claiming he's been drug-free for nearly four months,

Obviously not...

:lmao

I almost picked up a Quincy Carter jersey for old times sake the other day at a Love's Truck Stop. I just couldn't bring myself to part with the $4.99 plus tax.

John Patrick
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
i remember this guy!!

I think..

kingsfan
04-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I always liked him (he went to my school) and it was revealed after he left UGA that he did pot there too. A friend of mine knew him and said when he wasn't stoned he was a very nice guy, but he changed when he was high. A terrible waste of talent, he could have had a great career but stupidity took over.

samikeyp
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Wow....at least he is working. Still sad though.

stretch
04-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I always liked him (he went to my school) and it was revealed after he left UGA that he did pot there too. A friend of mine knew him and said when he wasn't stoned he was a very nice guy, but he changed when he was high. A terrible waste of talent, he could have had a great career but stupidity took over.
I agree. I always have felt that Quincy was a very talented QB.

mardigan
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Quincy sucked ass. Im glad he is gone and couldnt care less what he is doing now

stretch
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying he was great or anything. Yea, he wasnt very good, but IMO, he did have some talent, that he never really developed. And he did lead us to the playoffs... something Vinny and Deadslow never did.

T Park
04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
He had a pretty decent arm, and could run like the damn wind.

When he played well, he was a damn damn good quarterback.

Roy Tarpley forum.

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 12:20 PM
QCar sucked ass. A guy who lost starting time to Ryan fucking Leaf and Chutch due to bad play. Sure he could run a little but he couldn't pass for shit.

L.I.T
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Lousy player, who singlehandedly killed any chance of being a quality quarterback in the NFL.

I actually feel bad for this guy, after reading that article it seems he still doesn't get it. It's the Cowboys fault for cutting him, the police mishandled him. Blah blah.

BacktoBasics
05-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah no shit. I seriously doubt it was pot. I've never in my life seen such demise from dope. It had to be either another drug or a whole compilation of four or five other things that took him down.

Islymore
05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
^ Not necessarily... I mean, some ppl have weird reactions to pot. Some ppl get angry, sad, horny. Alot of phases.

But he coulda been doin spliffs with some other stuff in em...