PDA

View Full Version : Del Negro playing...

SAtown
04-21-2007, 03:15 AM
ESPN Classic is showing Bucks vs Pacers 2000 game 5, 1st round. 4th quarter : Ray Allen, Tim Thomas, Vinny Del Negro, Sam Cassel, Glenn Robinson.

Good to see him playing, even though he was guarding Miller and had no chance... :toast

Joe Crawford is one of the refs... (with hair)

Big Shot Rob
04-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Too bad about Vinny Del Negro now.

He is employed as a sports analyist for the Phoenix Suns and is the biggest Spurs-hater around now. Earlier last year, he was mocking the Spurs and Pop for not playing Manu in the latter part of the season--Vinny is the biggest JERK of all former Spurs--much worse than George Karl.

Phonzie20
04-21-2007, 03:11 PM
That guy killed. Manu v.1.0

whottt
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
That guy killed. Manu v.1.0

If by killed you mean his own team...I agree.

Zarko
04-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Too bad about Vinny Del Negro now.

He is employed as a sports analyist for the Phoenix Suns and is the biggest Spurs-hater around now. Earlier last year, he was mocking the Spurs and Pop for not playing Manu in the latter part of the season--Vinny is the biggest JERK of all former Spurs--much worse than George Karl.
Its funny how our beans and rice (Del Negro and AJ) backcourt turned out. All the criticism they received from the media and fans while they continually pissed away DRobs best years really turned those guys against the Spurs.

By the way... Avery "Judas" Johnson takes the cake as my least favorite former Spurs. I really hope they don't cave in and retire his number.

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I wonder where Vinny's old tag-team partner against Pop, Kevin O'Keeffe is these days. I still chuckle at O'Keeffe's rants that Pop should have given up his job because he refused to give Del Negro a long extension after the 1998 playoffs. Pop let Vinny go, signed Mario Elie and traded for Antonio Daniels and Steve Kerr, and the Spurs were remarkably just fine without Mr. Del Negro's services.

Somehow, I still think Pop > Del Negro.

T Park
04-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Im sure Aggie would disagree with you FWD.

I mean Vinny made his freethrows.

Phonzie20
04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
If by killed you mean his own team...I agree.

ass

baseline bum
04-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I wonder where Vinny's old tag-team partner against Pop, Kevin O'Keeffe is these days. I still chuckle at O'Keeffe's rants that Pop should have given up his job because he refused to give Del Negro a long extension after the 1998 playoffs. Pop let Vinny go, signed Mario Elie and traded for Antonio Daniels and Steve Kerr, and the Spurs were remarkably just fine without Mr. Del Negro's services.

Somehow, I still think Pop > Del Negro.

Fuck Del Negro. God, I hated that guy from the second he came to the NBA, and I'm so happy he was dropped in '98. He was Beno 1.0: someone that every Spurs fan knew was worthless, and who had every chick fan look past his scrubness because they thought he was cute. I'm glad he didn't get a ring, as he was one of the people most responsible for the Spurs postseason futility.

T Park
04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, now, I don't remember Beno dropping 20 something in a playoff game like he did in game 3 vs Houston IN houston.

exstatic
04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Perfect Hair was out by 1998, so Pop knew he hadda go. :lol

SpursFanInAustin
04-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Dropping him and having a then 2-time champ Mario Elie from Houston replace him as the shooting guard was one of the best tradeoffs in San Antonio Spurs history.

:elephant