PDA

View Full Version : TrueHoop writer picks the Spurs

DarrinS
04-21-2007, 11:23 AM
From http://myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors The Warriors will win some games in this series, for sure. Baron Davis + Monta Ellis = layups for somebody. Don Nelson already has the Mavericks a little jumpy. If it were a five game series, Dallas would be a candidate for one of those nightmare shockers. But Dallas is a better team, and their defense will be decisive in the end. Dallas.

Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers Everyone should be scared of Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson. They are both the best at what they do. But I think this Laker team is too much of a broken bird at this point. Andrew Bynum is too young, perhaps. Lamar Odom is not nearly maximized. They'd need too many things to go their way to beat a team with a good Bryant defender in Raja Bell, to go along with Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Steve "sometimes I get that bird of prey look in my eyes" Nash. Phoenix.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets Barring injury or something really bizarre, I think the San Antonio Spurs will win the championship. That means I expect them to beat, probably, the Phoenix Suns, and then likely the Dallas Mavericks, and then likely the Detroit Pistons. When it's all said and done, we will look back at their road to the title as having been extremely tough. But not because of the Nuggets. San Antonio