PDA

View Full Version : ~^*+Superstitions?+*^~

Re-Animator
04-21-2007, 09:56 PM
You have any?

I will not pick up a coin off the floor if it is showing tails up. And the last time I recorded a Spurs game on VHS, Tim Duncan blew out his knee,

What Superstitions do you have? :wakeup

Brianna
04-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't think I have any worth positing but I do know this, If you look in the mirror and say DizzG 3 times, you will see Satan. :lol

nacho
04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't think I have any worth positing but I do know this, If you look in the mirror and say DizzG 3 times, you will see Satan. :lol

Are you sure? I tried that and Mom Bear showed up :lmao

I will not wash my clothes if my team is on a win streak,

SpursDynasty
04-21-2007, 10:11 PM
The Lakers win every HOME playoff game in which they make the opening shot.

SAtown
04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
If I don't watch the game, the Spurs lose.

makedamnsure
04-21-2007, 10:52 PM
if the Spurs win with certain clothing on that game, I'll wear the same thing until they lose. then start again

nacho
04-21-2007, 11:02 PM
If I don't watch the game, the Spurs lose.

If I watch the Mavs Play they lose :(

Fernando TD21
04-21-2007, 11:03 PM
If you look in the mirror and say "I hate the Spurs" 3 times you will see a retard. Actually you don't even have to say it, thinking is enough. :lol

But I think these kind of things aren't really superstitions. Superstitions are things like don't walking under stairs, 7 years of bad luck if you brake a mirror, bad luck if a black cat walk in front of you, wearing your socks inside out for luck, wearing your shirt backwards, etc.. I don't really believe in any of this but I remember reading somewhere about NBA players and their superstitions.

=RTM=
04-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I will not watch a game after sex.

Dex
04-21-2007, 11:23 PM
If you piss in the wind, you get wet shoes.

easjer
04-21-2007, 11:24 PM
In 2005, I was knitting a baby blanket for SFIE's best friend's baby. I got really good and fast so that I could finish a section (6 rows of 5 groups of 12 stitches) a quarter. I did it during games to keep my cool. If I didn't knit, they lost. If knit before the game, they lost. So knitting became my thing. However, in 2006, I tried it for my friend's baby blanket and it didn't work. : (

So this year . . . I got nothing.

MavTalker
04-21-2007, 11:31 PM
If you piss in the wind, you get wet shoes.

Good thing Manu has Flip Flops :lol

jaespur21
04-21-2007, 11:32 PM
if the Spurs win with certain clothing on that game, I'll wear the same thing until they lose. then start again

Dito...im the same way :king

SAtown
04-21-2007, 11:33 PM
If you look in the mirror and say "I hate the Spurs" 3 times you will see a retard.

:lmao

spurschick
04-21-2007, 11:39 PM
At Kori and LJ's house, it's all about the chair.

KEDA
04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
center seat on the couch

Spurschick in her chair on my right, and Meg outside.

AnkleBreaker21
04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
i never let my girl watch a spurs playoff game, last time she watched was when derrick fisher made that lucky ass shot, yall know which one:cuss

Summers
04-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Not a superstition, but I keep my little happy meal Timmy on top of a can of SPAM on top of my TV.

angel_luv
04-22-2007, 12:35 PM
center seat on the couch

Spurschick in her chair on my right, and Meg outside.

I have my spot- in front of the couch on the carpet.

Every playoff GTG I wear some same accesory ( different style but same kind).
In 05 it was caps. Last year it was hair ribbon.
This year is to still to be determined. :)

makedamnsure
04-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Dito...im the same way :king

I'm starting off with my Duncan jersey and a pair of cheer shorts. I'd love to wear this until June :)

J.T.
04-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I have lots of sports superstitions for the playoffs. I have home and away jerseys for my favorite team in the NBA, NFL and MLB. During the playoffs I must wear the same jersey the team is wearing. During the NFL playoffs this year I gambled during the Super Bowl by going to a big SB bash at a friend's house rather than watching at home on my 40 inch plasma because I had previously thought watching on my TV was good mojo. Turns out the Colts were too good to jinx me.

During the Dallas series last year, after we were down 3-1 I played basketball at the gym daily every day after we fell into the 3-1 hole just to pass the time since all I could do was count ticks on the clock until the last games. I didn't play on the day we had Game 7 because I had to drive from Austin to SA to pick up the tickets and then go to the ATT Center. So I blame myself for not playing ball that day since the system was working until that point.

Also previous to the Game 7 against Dallas, I'd gone to about 50 games in the ATT Center, including '05 Game 5 against Denver, '05 Game 1 against Seattle, '05 Game 7 against Detroit, '06 Game 1 and 5 against Kings, and '06 Game 1 against Dallas and had never seen the Spurs lose. Game 7 broke the streak...before that I thought the Spurs could not lose if I went to the game.

For baseball, I do the jersey thing and for home games, I watch at home, away games I go out to eat somewhere like D&B or Chilis where I can watch the game "away" at a bar. Another tradition I have is, if the game is for a championship (so a Game 7 or bowl game), and a keg is available, I do a kegstand for as many seconds as the winning team's final score. So far I've only had the opportunity to do this with baseball and football so it was relatively easy. Hopefully Phoenix doesn't win the finals this year or else I'm liable to get sick from mass bingedrinking.

Tonight my fraternity is initiating our new pledges so I have to wear a suit and tie, but you bet your ass I'm wearing the Spurs home white jersey underneath my shirt. I cant watch the game but I'll sure as hell represent.

djohn14
04-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I have to say "lets go Spurs" as soon as they get a posession, I CAN'T (no matter what) leave my seat until the Half, and I can't respond to anyone's questions or comments unless it's the other teams ball. I can only eat little Debby Food, and drink Coke products during a game, and if something goes wrong, it's Tom Brady's fault. I hate that guy.