PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 tickets - SPOILER ALERT

Sapphire
04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering.....Spiderman 3 tickets are already on sale on the Palladium website. It will be shown on IMAX!! We got tickets to the early morning show, but they do have one on Thursday night--well 12:01 am Friday. Counting down the days now!

:) :) :) :)

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I will be there too. I heard it's a kick ass movie. It should be even better on the IMAX screen.

T-Pain
05-02-2007, 01:41 PM
im definitely going out to see this movie, ive been waiting for it since i saw spiderman 2.

Silver21_Black20
05-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll be there Friday morning at 12:01am. :D :elephant

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Kirsten Dunce sucks ass as Mary Jane.

Shaolin-Style
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
i felt like it kinda snuck up on me, i want to see it but it just seems l wasn't amped for it as much as the first/2nd. Maybe cause the guy playing Venom looks like a sissy.

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I've heard that it's the best Spiderman movie to be made.

SCdac
05-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Just got done watching it. Give it about a B, B+. Won't go into a full review, but the climax was lacking, and the movie needed much more Venom. Some noticable plot holes as well. Wasn't bad by any means, but not quite a homerun in its fullest sense.

L.I.T
05-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Actually, most of Asia has already seen it. It opened up for us on Tuesday (May 1/May Day/Labor Day). I've already caught it as well, not bad. It tried to be the end all of summer blockbusters. Anyway, see it, the special effects are damn good, the plot just had some weaknesses, and really a lot of stuff going on.

SCdac
05-03-2007, 05:59 AM
how did you see it?

Private screening at one of the theaters here in town. Wasn't too crowded, just some friends and coworkers. I work at a theater. Actually I put together the movie when we got it, all 8 reels. Part of the occupation, not that it matters... I'd recommend the flick too, for the CGI and action if not anything. One part of the movie was my particular favorite, but I won't get into it. It is fairly longer than the first two Spidermans, but I didn't mind.

mFFL03
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
i heard it's not that good...at all...

people are just talking about how great some of the action and CGI is.......that's not how you want to start talking about what is supposed to be a GREAT movie

Lady Marmalade
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I have been waiting to see this movie...

Silver21_Black20
05-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Spiderman was awesome!

J.T.
05-04-2007, 04:22 AM
It was awesome. Loved it, best of the 3. But what I could not get over was Topher Grace as Eddie Brock. He will never be able to shake being Eric Forman.

BeerIsGood!
05-04-2007, 04:23 AM
i heard it's not that good...at all...

people are just talking about how great some of the action and CGI is.......that's not how you want to start talking about what is supposed to be a GREAT movie

The 1st two movies were nothing but CGI and effects, so why would this be any different? That's why you see this kind of movie, to tune out and giggle at the bright, flashy lights for a couple of hours. Were you expecting Goodfellas?

jman3000
05-04-2007, 04:25 AM
SPOILERS... Kinda...

it was ok... 7.5 maybe an 8.

the ending reminded me of ghostbusters 2 for some reason... the building covered in crap... the hero (es) arriving to the cheers of the crowd... the patriotic symbols... the giant sandman/stay puft marshmellow comparison... seriously people

not to mention the part where william DaFoe's portrait starts changing facial expressions... ala the vigo portrait in GB 2.

i got to see it at about an hour before it was supposed to be seen because i knew a girl who worked at the silverado and they were having a special test screening.... that was cool i suppose.

leemajors
05-04-2007, 09:00 AM
SPOILERS... Kinda...

the ending reminded me of ghostbusters 2 for some reason... the building covered in crap... the hero (es) arriving to the cheers of the crowd... the patriotic symbols... the giant sandman/stay puft marshmellow comparison... seriously people

not to mention the part where william DaFoe's portrait starts changing facial expressions... ala the vigo portrait in GB 2.

i got to see it at about an hour before it was supposed to be seen because i knew a girl who worked at the silverado and they were having a special test screening.... that was cool i suppose.
was there a bobby brown song?

CuckingFunt
05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
was there a bobby brown song?God, I hope so.

midgetonadonkey
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
SPOILERS... Kinda...

The Stay Puft marshmallow man was in Ghostbusters 1.

jman3000
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
meh... it was 430 in the morning and i forgot to put that SPMM was in 1.

as i was saying...
a weird substance that amplifies hate/human emotions... huh? huh?

i know im reaching... but i still think they're at least a bit similar.

Sapphire
05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
The movie rocked! Nitpick it if you will, but at the end of the day, it was the best Spiderman movie yet. :toast

JoeChalupa
05-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I can't wait for the DVD!!

u2sarajevo
05-04-2007, 07:19 PM
meh... it was 430 in the morning and i forgot to put that SPMM was in 1.

as i was saying...
a weird substance that amplifies hate/human emotions... huh? huh?

i know im reaching... but i still think they're at least a bit similar.That "substance" (which became Venom) was written in the Comic books first in 1988. Ghostbusters 2 came out in 1989... so if anything Ghostbusters copied Spiderman on that note.

I wasn't really happy with the movie. The whole backstory of the alien suit/substance that first occupies Spidey followed by Brock(Venom) deserves a movie in itself. The secret wars would have been a great movie, and then follow that up with a movie with Venom... Venom doesn't need support(Sandman). He's a badass all by himself. The movie producers really cheapened that storyline with an asteroid. I would have been happy with what the Spiderman TV cartoon story gave us.... but we were left with something simpler, easier. It's a copout really.

jman3000
05-04-2007, 07:26 PM
im not saying they were ripping off... just saying while i was watching it i found it somewhat similar to ghost busters.. .that's all... im not being serious about this, damn.

u2sarajevo
05-04-2007, 07:31 PM
im not saying they were ripping off... just saying while i was watching it i found it somewhat similar to ghost busters.. .that's all... im not being serious about this, damn.Well I didn't know... I just thought I would mention that.

I don't mean to sound down and out on the movie. I had high expectations. I probably should have waited a couple of days and let the post-season blues pass before I saw it.

It is entertaining in stretches. I think alot of people will like it.... especially if they aren't familiar with the comic book storyline.

braeden0613
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
honestly i thought the movie was pretty bad

good special effects...but the dialogue was terrible...i almost thought it was a joke at some times

Faccia di Angelo
05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I saw it last night too at the Imax. That in itself was frustrating. I thought it was pretty disorganized. I honestly would have rather watched it on a regular screen, but besides that I thought it was a good movie. I am not a huge spiderman fan like the people I was with so I had to ask some questions here and there ( luckily my friend didn't me asking him too much lol) but I still enjoyed it and followed along. It had some great special effects. I was in awe at the scene where sandman appears. I just thought that was awesome effects. I enjoyed the story line but there were some parts where the acting and scenes just got cheesy. I'd still recommend it. :)

Vizzini
05-05-2007, 12:14 AM
If compared to the other Spidey movies, this one sucked ass! Too much story, too many plot lines and characters, and not enough fighting. The special effects were great, but that is to be expected. The only thing I really truly enjoyed in this movie were Peter's seqeuence in and around the jazz club, and Bruce Campbell's cameo was awesome. Everything ewlse was kind of sucky.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I cannot bring myself to pay 9 dollars to see a movie that will be ruined by brats who can't shut up and has Topher Grace starring as Eddie Brock.

UNLESS there is another Kirstin Dunst bra-less rain scene.

Medvedenko
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
The movie actually was very underwhelming....the tone and pacing was way off. Some of the decisions they chose (dancing parker, emo parker etc) were too horible to stand. I loved certain scenes, but overal it's not as good as the first 2 by any stretch. It shows you that all the money you spend doesn't always equal into a cohesive movie. I didn't care about any of the characters this time around. I liked the relationship scenes, but other than that, the action was numbing. Spawn was ok, the sandman was underwritten and not needed. The meteor was ill placed and too convenient. I know this seems like harping but I was severly dissapointed.

alamo50
05-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Damn that movie sucked.
I can't believe there are individuals out there saying it's better than part 1!

Uncle Donnie
05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't think it was horrible but it was not nearly as good as the first two. And if you follow the comics at all you will definitely be letdown. What a waste of Venom.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2007, 01:10 AM
The strutting part was stupid, they could have at lent that time to character development of Marko or Brock. Also i would have liked some closure on the sandman story besides Spider Man forgiving him

leemajors
05-07-2007, 01:29 AM
emo parker kinda makes me wanna go see it, damn!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
This movie smashed box office records with its opening weekend. Didn't part 1 and 2 do the same?

I'd rather watch Fellowship of the Ring at the Imax than Clarence Boddicker's son become Venom.
Who's gonna be Carnage? DJ Qualls???

Burn531
05-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Emo Spider-Man.

6/10 rating

I didn't go in thinking it was gonna be better than the 1st two but GOD DAMN! That movie was not that good. Bad ass Peter Parker was stupid and why was Sandman in the film? He was useless. If there's a fourth movie they gotta bring Venom back. Him and Spidey/Harry fighting together were my favorite parts of it.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Emo Spider-Man.

6/10 rating

I didn't go in thinking it was gonna be better than the 1st two but GOD DAMN! That movie was not that good. Bad ass Peter Parker was stupid and why was Sandman in the film? He was useless. If there's a fourth movie they gotta bring Venom back. Him and Spidey/Harry fighting together were my favorite parts of it.

Raimi wanted Sandman and Arad wanted Venom. Look at the story they gave him, he could have been good on his own, like doc ock from SpiderMan 2, he had a non evil reason to do what he did. And the Sandman creation scene was one of the best things I've seen on film.

E20
05-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Comic book movies suck ass. They don't follow the storyline and make up some cliche overrated plot. Characters don't match. I mean Eric Fucking Foreman is supposed to be Eddie Brock? Last time I heard Eric Foreman was skinny and Eddie Brock was a huge fucker, 6'8" 300+ pounds who could press over 700 pounds as a normal human. WTF? That just ruins it. The only comic book movie I enjoyed was Batman Begins, besides being a good movie in general it almost stayed true to it's original story and I felt that the actors fit the comic book characters well. I can't wait for the sequel, The Dark Knight.

So far:
Spiderman
X-Men
Fantastic 4
DareDevil
Superman
Ghost Rider

Have all been B-A-D.

leemajors
05-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Comic book movies suck ass. They don't follow the storyline and make up some cliche overrated plot. Characters don't match. I mean Eric Fucking Foreman is supposed to be Eddie Brock? Last time I heard Eric Foreman was skinny and Eddie Brock was a huge fucker, 6'8" 300+ pounds who could press over 700 pounds as a normal human. WTF? That just ruins it. The only comic book movie I enjoyed was Batman Begins, besides being a good movie in general it almost stayed true to it's original story and I felt that the actors fit the comic book characters well. I can't wait for the sequel, The Dark Knight.

So far:
Spiderman
X-Men
Fantastic 4
DareDevil
Superman
Ghost Rider

Have all been B-A-D.
news flash - they make comic book movies to sell a name, not satisfy comic book nerds.

Burn531
05-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Spider-Man 2 was by far the best comic book film I've ever seen. Just my opinion though.

Burn531
05-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Raimi wanted Sandman and Arad wanted Venom. Look at the story they gave him, he could have been good on his own, like doc ock from SpiderMan 2, he had a non evil reason to do what he did. And the Sandman creation scene was one of the best things I've seen on film.

It would've been cool if they had Venom come in at the end to setup the 4th film.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2007, 01:33 AM
It would've been cool if they had Venom come in at the end to setup the 4th film.

Nobody is signed on for the fourth one

E20
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
news flash - they make comic book movies to sell a name, not satisfy comic book nerds.
http://www.users.on.net/~mnelson/captain.jpg

Flea
05-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Are there enough special effects to entertain 4 kids ages 5-13?

CharlieMac
05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I thought that dude (god, whats his name) that was Sandman was probably the best part of the movie. Oh, and Gwen too. Mmm.

Anyways, I was pretty pissed about the movie. I realize, as Captain Obvious stated, that these movies aren't made to satisfy us Marvel nerds, but come on. This movie wasn't even close.

I never noticed the similarities between the whole GB 2 goo, and the alien suit in Spidey.

My God, Peter looked like some emo douche with that hair. He kind of looked like the gay dude in Wedding Crashers. That little dance scene was embarrassing to watch. Even my wife thougt it was retarded. And she knows retards.

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I hated this movie. I hate to admit this, but I'm a comic book nerd, and this was just a terrible adaptation. Sandman was alright, but where did the the daughter story line come from? BAD GUYS SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE SYMPATHETIC!!!

I hated it.

Topher Grace Sucks. Peter dancing sucks.

Ron Howard's daughter is gorgeous though.

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 12:51 PM
A FREAKING ASTEROID?!?!??!

I hated this movie.

Why 2 bad guys?

We need the gotdamn Lizard. GIVE ME THE LIZARD!!

This movie was terrible.

CharlieMac
05-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I want to see Carnage, but I'm worried about what the movie will do to his character. I'm sure they'll make his character a pilates instructor with a heart of gold.

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Carnage will be probably be played by the Mac dude, and will only go bad after his entire family is wiped out by one of the sky scrapers falling on their heads during one of Spidey's never ending sky battles.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I hated this movie. I hate to admit this, but I'm a comic book nerd, and this was just a terrible adaptation. Sandman was alright, but where did the the daughter story line come from? BAD GUYS SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE SYMPATHETIC!!!

I didn't see you bitching about DocOck in the second one. And they gave him a wife that he never had.

alamo50
05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Are there enough special effects to entertain 4 kids ages 5-13?

In my opinion this is not a movie you bring kids under 12 with you.

cornbread
05-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I saw Spiderman yesterday and I was pretty disappointed. Emo-Peter was horrible and the dance scene made me want to leave the theater. The acting overall was pretty weak.

TheTruth
05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I didn't see you bitching about DocOck in the second one. And they gave him a wife that he never had.
Sorry man, I'll make sure and post every time I hate a movie.

CharlieMac
05-12-2007, 01:48 PM
If Secret Wars were done right right, it could be a great thing.

Doc Oc was a tolerable character and teh plot focused more on him and his nerd obsession than on his wife. Sandman's whole deal was motivated by that stupid locklet.

Flea
05-12-2007, 02:00 PM
In my opinion this is not a movie you bring kids under 12 with you.

Ok, Thanks!