PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta

Mixability
04-22-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm just curious as to when the carnival became such a shithole? The last few years that I went I just thought that maybe the fist fights, thefts and general dumbasses were just rare occurrences.

I went to the carnival this Saturday night from about 10:00 until 12:30. I saw a total of 3 separate fist fights, a purse snatching, about 7 arrests(including some guy unconcious in the aftermath), last but not least, a group of fucktards jumping an older man and beating him with a huge stick in the middle of a busy street(Nueva and Flores). I can't see how some of the parents can risk their childrens safety by taking them to the carnival. :shootme

Also, I'm surprised I didn't get herpes of the eyes just by catching a glimpse of some of the hoodrats out there. :vomit:

Spurfect.
04-22-2007, 02:49 AM
:)

THE SIXTH MAN
04-22-2007, 03:10 AM
I've only been to the carnival once in my life, and that was enough for me. Out of all the major Fiesta events, that's the only one I stay away from. Although I would imagine its probably different during the day.

TheTruth
04-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, during the day it's not a bad deal. But at night, the hoods come a crawling. SAPD needs to bash some heads, and keep it family friendly throughout. Those pieces of shit aren't spending any money anyway.

sa_butta
04-22-2007, 09:50 AM
It is much better during the day, I dont even go anymore cause of all the crap going on. Its been bad for at quit some time.

midgetonadonkey
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Sounds exciting.

T Park
04-22-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah at night it gets down right scary out here.

the cops let them loiter though instead of giving them the "move along"

fraga
04-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah I think your first mistake was reading, "I went to the carnival this Saturday night from about 10:00 until 12:30". Stay clear of the Carnival after night fall. Period. All the little hood rats and wannabe gangsters love to hang there cause they really can't get into anywhere else.

AnkleBreaker21
04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
i love me some hoodrats :lol

Shelly
04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I've yet to Fiesta and don't intend to start any time soon.

rr2418
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
It's been a shithole for sometime now. Remember it's "free" and anything that's free those damn mexicans will take over the whole carnival. It's true and I'm hispanic! I stay clear from the carnival!

T Park
04-22-2007, 10:38 PM
its sad that i have to read this.

Shame that the city doesn't clean this up.

Pugglekicker_21
04-22-2007, 10:43 PM
my borther got shanked one night

IX_Equilibrium
04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm not opposed to police brutality.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I should've assumed the freaks DO come out at night. If the city wants a Fiesta to be proud of, they need to clean that shit up. I don't know how many "homebrew CD" booths I saw out there. What kind of image is the city trying to portray by having profanity filled music filling the air while trying to promote a family friendly place? I have no problem with the music, but I enjoy it on my own time and it's not the place to have a song with a chorus of "Fuck these hoes, Fuck, Fuck these hoes" playing alongside the balloon dart game. It's true about the "free" part, maybe the only way to weed out the rubbish, is to start charging for entry. BIG MAYBE.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I've yet to Fiesta and don't intend to start any time soon.

Believe me, being Hispanic, I could easily blend in and I was still looking over my shoulder for "shit starters". I never let my fiance let go of my hand. It's nothing but a pissing contest for stupid kids out there. Who has the most fake diamonds, lowest pants or least respect for the SAPD. I saw a lot of the workers there get cussed out just because the beer booth was closed or they took too long getting change. It was sick. Pathetic.

Lady Marmalade
04-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Note to self don't go there...without protection and if I do go do not have a purse.

T Park
04-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I should've assumed the freaks DO come out at night. If the city wants a Fiesta to be proud of, they need to clean that shit up. I don't know how many "homebrew CD" booths I saw out there. What kind of image is the city trying to portray by having profanity filled music filling the air while trying to promote a family friendly place? I have no problem with the music, but I enjoy it on my own time and it's not the place to have a song with a chorus of "Fuck these hoes, Fuck, Fuck these hoes" playing alongside the balloon dart game. It's true about the "free" part, maybe the only way to weed out the rubbish, is to start charging for entry. BIG MAYBE.

The city is way too stupid to do that.

Hell, the carnival that has the contract for that area, isn't even allowed to charge them rent, for the area they use of the carnivals, that the carnival pays over a million dollars rent for!!!

Its a friggen joke.

Part of the reason you'll never clean up the carnival is that pretty much fiesta is all about boozing it up.

Charging a gate admission will only kill the carnival's revenue, and the gangsters will still come in.

Trust me, I've seen it tried, in many other places, many other situations.

Its police involvement is the key to the problem.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2007, 02:25 AM
The city is
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/ghetto.jpg

T Park
04-23-2007, 02:26 AM
not even close.

T Park
04-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Now the shithole that is sacramento?

You want to feel in danger walking on a carnival, thats one right there.

That town, good god... Only fair I have worked at where the patrons went into the parking lot and destroyed totalled, rolled vehicles over, started fires by throwing molotov cocktails.

Friggne exposition blvd looked like Baghdad for godsake.

Kori Ellis
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/ghetto.jpg

:lol

Have you ever been here?

San Antonio isn't very ghetto at all.

But every carnival I've ever been to has been bad at night.

Even in Westwood and Beverly Hills, people get shanked at carnivals - that's how it goes.

T Park
Hey now Kori, you've never come to Costa Mesa, and Del Mar.

They aren't bad :)

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey now Kori, you've never come to Costa Mesa, and Del Mar.

They aren't bad :)

Costa Mesa is pretty bad. It's pretty bad even without the carnival. Del Mar I'll give you is damn safe.

TheSanityAnnex
04-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Now the shithole that is sacramento?
Never lived there, wouldn't know.

jaespur21
04-23-2007, 03:51 AM
:lol

Have you ever been here?

San Antonio isn't very ghetto at all.

But every carnival I've ever been to has been bad at night.

Even in Westwood and Beverly Hills, people get shanked at carnivals - that's how it goes.

Much agree with you...... me and my friends go together and i dare those little shits try to fuck with us cuz we will Fuck them up....i go to drink and get on rides @ night and me and my friends are cool and fights happening around me dont scare us for shit!!

King
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Much agree with you...... me and my friends go together and i dare those little shits try to fuck with us cuz we will Fuck them up....i go to drink and get on rides @ night and me and my friends are cool and fights happening around me dont scare us for shit!!

*swoon*

You're the bravest man here.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 10:03 AM
The city is way too stupid to do that.

Hell, the carnival that has the contract for that area, isn't even allowed to charge them rent, for the area they use of the carnivals, that the carnival pays over a million dollars rent for!!!

Its a friggen joke.

Part of the reason you'll never clean up the carnival is that pretty much fiesta is all about boozing it up.

Charging a gate admission will only kill the carnival's revenue, and the gangsters will still come in.

Trust me, I've seen it tried, in many other places, many other situations.

Its police involvement is the key to the problem.

They can't/don't charge them to set up a booth? :dizzy There was even one booth that was charging $10 to have a picture taking with some girl(probably herpes ridden) wearing basically dirty ass boy shorts and a wet t-shirt. Maybe parents take their kids so they can go through puberty in a few short minutes. What a family-oriented carnival..... :rolleyes

I was happy to say that the cops seemed pretty no nonsense, but I still felt that there weren't enough cops out there. There was constant "mad dogging" between thugs, which some escalated quickly just because of the crowding. You saw the same scenario again and again. 2 guys walking in different directions, heading straight for each other and just because neither wants to be a "pussy", neither scoot over to let the other pass, they bump shoulders, look back, talk shit, start shoving..... what a bunch of stupid fucks.

T Park
04-23-2007, 12:11 PM
They can't/don't charge them to set up a booth?

The city won't allow them to no.

There was even one booth that was charging $10 to have a picture taking with some girl(probably herpes ridden) wearing basically dirty ass boy shorts and a wet t-shirt. Maybe parents take their kids so they can go through puberty in a few short minutes. What a family-oriented carnival

I agree it is disgusting, I would give more opinions, but I have business involved and that would'nt be prudent here, you'd be amazed at who reads these message boards.

I was happy to say that the cops seemed pretty no nonsense, but I still felt that there weren't enough cops out there. There was constant "mad dogging" between thugs, which some escalated quickly just because of the crowding. You saw the same scenario again and again. 2 guys walking in different directions, heading straight for each other and just because neither wants to be a "pussy", neither scoot over to let the other pass, they bump shoulders, look back, talk shit, start shoving..... what a bunch of stupid fucks.

The city also makes the carnival pay for the cops.

The carnival can only afford to have so many out there.

sa_butta
04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
That sucks, If the city even cared they would just put more cops out there.
There are just too many people for the amount of cops on duty.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
The city won't allow them to no.

I agree it is disgusting, I would give more opinions, but I have business involved and that would'nt be prudent here, you'd be amazed at who reads these message boards.

The carnival can only afford to have so many out there.

You seem to be the inside-man here, I'm sure the carnival people must be seeing a huge profit regardless of the million dollar rent and the renting of the cops, but I can't see why they would let their carnival continue to become so trashy. I'm sure these thugs aren't spending THAT much money. There must be something that can be done.

sa_butta
04-23-2007, 01:56 PM
You seem to be the inside-man here, I'm sure the carnival people must be seeing a huge profit regardless of the million dollar rent and the renting of the cops, but I can't see why they would let their carnival continue to become so trashy. I'm sure these thugs aren't spending THAT much money. There must be something that can be done.Do they have any undercover cops? Maybe non uniformed officers in the crowd would help with crowd control getting things in order. Also do they not enforce curfew for underaged kids?

T Park
04-23-2007, 01:57 PM
The carnival is not seeing a huge profit.

If you thing something can be done around the politics of the city, be my guest and suggest it.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Do they have any undercover cops? Maybe non uniformed officers in the crowd would help with crowd control getting things in order. Also do they not enforce curfew for underaged kids?

That would be good, but if the kids already don't have respect for cops, it wouldn't do much.

When is curfew? 11:00pm?

Mixability
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
If you thing something can be done around the politics of the city, be my guest and suggest it.

What politics?

sa_butta
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
That would be good, but if the kids already don't have respect for cops, it wouldn't do much.

When is curfew? 11:00pm?I think so yes. I guess there is no logical solution to filter the trash.

T Park
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I can't get into it honestly.

But, there are things going on that, well, its not a suprise at how things are over there.

Kevin Blackistone
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
The city is not going to spend money on cops for a carnival. Unfortunately, it's go at your own risk. It's not worth wasting time on and possibly getting taken out.

T Park
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
The city is not going to spend money on cops for a carnival

They have no problem taking that big gaurantee money from the carnival.

Mixability
04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
They have no problem taking that big gaurantee money from the carnival.

I wonder if something would be done if the thugs woke up earlier and took over the King William Fair..... :dramaquee

T Park
04-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh then it would be a national crisis.

hater
04-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Maybe Marc CUban should check it out?

fraga
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I wonder if something would be done if the thugs woke up earlier and took over the King William Fair..... :dramaquee
The gays would eat them alive... :elephant

Mixability
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5189070f-19ec-45b9-bce5-f9c69818b19c

Mosquito: Does it Drive Pesty Teens Away?

A piece of equipment called the Mosquito has a super-high pitched buzz. Its creator invented it for businesses to put up in order to combat teenagers from just hanging around their buildings for too long.
Here's how it works: By age 20 to 25 around 90% of us have lost the ability to hear over 15 kilo-hertz. The Mosquito sound is more than 17 khz.

The News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooters did a demonstration at San Antonio College recently. We turned this box on for a group to hear. Our group consisted of people under and over age 25.

We asked those who could hear the noise to raise their hands. About 3 people under the age of 25 raised their hands, while the rest sat in what they thought was silence.

Garrett Redd, who is under 25, said, "It's like a really high, faint noise."

One man over 30 who said he could not hear it said he actually felt it.

The sound of the Mosquito annoyed those who could hear it, but it also annoyed those who could not hear it. One woman told us she thought we were all just playing a trick on her.

Originally, the Mosquito was marketed to convenience stores and other places plagued by loitering youngsters. Here's where a little irony comes into play. Kids turned this same technology to their advantage. They're using it to receive text-messages on their phones in the classroom.

Professor Jessica Howard said, "If it does not disrupt the classroom, if they don't answer the phone, then I don't mind, but, my sense is that it would distract." That's a distraction initially created as a deterrent.

This device would cost a business about $1000, but the ringtones only run a few dollars to download.

LuvBones
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5189070f-19ec-45b9-bce5-f9c69818b19c

Mosquito: Does it Drive Pesty Teens Away?

A piece of equipment called the Mosquito has a super-high pitched buzz. Its creator invented it for businesses to put up in order to combat teenagers from just hanging around their buildings for too long.
Here's how it works: By age 20 to 25 around 90% of us have lost the ability to hear over 15 kilo-hertz. The Mosquito sound is more than 17 khz.

The News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooters did a demonstration at San Antonio College recently. We turned this box on for a group to hear. Our group consisted of people under and over age 25.

We asked those who could hear the noise to raise their hands. About 3 people under the age of 25 raised their hands, while the rest sat in what they thought was silence.

Garrett Redd, who is under 25, said, "It's like a really high, faint noise."

One man over 30 who said he could not hear it said he actually felt it.

The sound of the Mosquito annoyed those who could hear it, but it also annoyed those who could not hear it. One woman told us she thought we were all just playing a trick on her.

Originally, the Mosquito was marketed to convenience stores and other places plagued by loitering youngsters. Here's where a little irony comes into play. Kids turned this same technology to their advantage. They're using it to receive text-messages on their phones in the classroom.

Professor Jessica Howard said, "If it does not disrupt the classroom, if they don't answer the phone, then I don't mind, but, my sense is that it would distract." That's a distraction initially created as a deterrent.

This device would cost a business about $1000, but the ringtones only run a few dollars to download.:lol I've heard that ringtone... I'm 21 and I can hear that shit.

Shelly
04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
The city can't even guarantee that the Tower of the Americas' elevator will ever work properly.

cholo
04-25-2007, 04:04 PM
i love me some hoodrats

you said it mang

BorderChic
04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
my bf and I are going to try it tonite. but I swear, if some punk ass fucker gets to rubbing on my ass I am going to slap the shit out of him....... don't give a shit who it is... :ihit :ihit

Mixability
04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Well they moved the Carnival, we'll see what that does......

midgetonadonkey
04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Where are they having it now?

Mixability
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Alamodome Parking lot

spyder
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Alamodome Parking lot

Hope thats a good idea with NIOSA being close there...parking is going to be a bitch then..it was a bitch before, but damn:bang

T Park
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Well it was nice last night I'll say that :lol

T Park
04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
parking they are using Parking lot B for the carnival wich is a big ass one.

Parking lot C is where we are all set up.

Mixability
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Well it was nice last night I'll say that :lol

the kids had school this morning.

BigBeezie
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Fiesta has never been "my thing". Too may drunk idiots in one small area...