PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic effort by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
If Duncan doesn't have the worst game in a long time Spurs win this game easily, I've never seen him miss so many damn POINT-BLANK layups

SMH @ Duncan making Nene look like Bill Russel on D

SMH @ 4-15 by Manu, was he trying to shoot to lose the game?

SequSpur
04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Duncan played like Rasho.

Behrooz24
04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Yea we should trade him in the summer after Denver wins the series :dramaquee

spurs1990
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Concur...painful performance by a HOF. Completely neutralized by the Brazilian wonder.

However, 3 putrid efforts by the Big 3 results in a 4 pt loss, I still like SA as the series progresses.

Spurs in 6.

fraga
They all played like sh!t...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Not just missing shots, but over-hesitating and using poor strategy.

Nene is stronger than you, so you have to drive at him or shoot over him. Camby is weaker than you, so you post him up and back him down for a drop-step or hook.

Tonight, Tim did the OPPOSITE!!!!!! He tried to back down Nene and shoot over Camby. Very dumb.

Wake up and work it out, Tim.

ALSO, GET A FREAKIN LEFT HAND FER CRYIN OUT LOUD!!! Tim used to use his left hand - what happened to that?

ALVAREZ6
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Tim blew

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-22-2007, 09:02 PM
They all played like sh!t...

No they didn't. Horry, Oberto, Vaughn were good, Fin and TP okay.

Manu and Tim are the culprits tonight.

Spurs Dynasty 21
all the shots he was missing were shots he'd make 9/10 times any other game

Duncan better come back to BEAST in order for the Spurs to win this series

Spurs in 5

SPURS FANS=MARICONES
Good Job Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:toast

http://fusion94.org/images/mavs_wc_champs.jpg

Tek_XX
Tim is getting pushed around and looks stupid and weak out there.

Budkin
04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
He'll come back with a vengeance... book it.

Tek_XX
04-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Is this your championship photo?

BgT
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
No they didn't. Horry, Oberto, Vaughn were good, Fin and TP okay.

Manu and Tim are the culprits tonight.
Vaughn was not good, he was great. Absolutely brilliant. That was an MVP performance! :smokin

mookie2001
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
ROFLOROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

god thats sad

anyway Ginobili played 1000 times worse than duncan, manu may have had the worst playoff effort ive ever seen

he shamed the entire country of argentina

1Parker1
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I think Duncan, Parker, Manu will bounce back from tonight's effort.

Problem is, from what I saw of this Denver Nuggets team, they aren't like the Nuggets of the past and it's going to be a tough series for the Spurs...easily going to 6 or 7 games. Not good when the road to the Finals must go through both the Suns and the Mavs on the road.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
He's always turned into a turnover machine when he brings the ball down by his knees. I think Nene stripped him three straight times in the fourth today when he did that.

Stupid.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Tim is getting pushed around and looks stupid and weak out there.

c/s

Duncan was playing so damn well leading up to the playoffs then he drops this piece of shit performance

I mean, we barely lost and if he could of just made a damn lay up or 2 Spurs get the W

Ginofan
04-22-2007, 09:08 PM
If Duncan doesn't have the worst game in a long time Spurs win this game easily, I've never seen him miss so many damn POINT-BLANK layups

SMH @ Duncan making Nene look like Bill Russel on D

I don't think there will be any game won "easily", even if Duncan plays a decent game.

nkdlunch
04-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Duncan was horrible. But Manu and parker sucked too. they need to step up or this is gonna be a short series

mookie2001
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
http://fusion94.org/images/mavs_wc_champs.jpg:cheer

Dingle Barry
I absolutely hate when Tim brings the ball through traffic around his knees. Does it ever not get stripped?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Not just missing shots, but over-hesitating and using poor strategy.

Nene is stronger than you, so you have to drive at him or shoot over him. Camby is weaker than you, so you post him up and back him down for a drop-step or hook.

Tonight, Tim did the OPPOSITE!!!!!! He tried to back down Nene and shoot over Camby. Very dumb.

Wake up and work it out, Tim.

ALSO, GET A FREAKIN LEFT HAND FER CRYIN OUT LOUD!!! Tim used to use his left hand - what happened to that?

Bruno
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Manu was the worst tonight and he is even more guilty because he is playing against a team with nobody able to defend him.

ShoogarBear
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
http://fusion94.org/images/mavs_wc_champs.jpg:cheerThis is educational. I never even knew what the Western Conference Championship trophy looked liked until now.

VaSpursFan
04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
tim laid a big fat egg tonight. he seemed throroughly confused by the defense and held the ball too long, got it stripped and just made poor decisions. if he doesn't know what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it, he needs to pass, repost and make a quick decisive move.

mookie2001
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
anyone talking about duncan ought to be scoffing manu even harder, manu made playoff shawn marion look like jordan

Que Gee
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Pathetic effort by Pop not to adjust his game plan in the second half. Absolutely pathetic. Pop showed just how bad he is tonight.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Pathetic effort by Pop not to adjust his game plan in the second half. Absolutely pathetic. Pop showed just how bad he is tonight.

Pop goes as Tim Duncan goes

there is a reason Pop fired Bob Hill, so he could get the glory and titles he knew Duncan would bring

dbreiden83080
04-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Duncan was bad, Manu was bad, the D was bad they were just bad this is going to be a tough series for them. I think they will be alright but it will be a battle.

xamila rey
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
after seeing Manu how he played today after a week off
i am not so sure anymore
that he shouldnt play for the Argentinian Team this summer

ploto
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Duncan played like Rasho.
Hey- Rasho played well against Denver last month. :p:

ploto
04-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Manu was the worst tonight and he is even more guilty because he is playing against a team with nobody able to defend him.
Yeah, but when you stick him out there with Vaughn, Bowen, Oberto, and Horry- it is not too hard to figure out that Denver will double team him.

1Parker1
04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but when you stick him out there with Vaughn, Bowen, Oberto, and Horry- it is not too hard to figure out that Denver will double team him.

Oberto and Horry were actually both pretty good offensively tonight.

Pugglekicker_21
04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
This is the most frustrated with Manu Ive been since the infamous foul.\

nah, frustrated isnt the word im looking for.

ATXSPUR
04-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Pitiful performances by both men tonight. If they dont get their shit together things are getting bad. FUCK DALLAS AND PHOENIX!! I just hope we can win a game in this series.

popshark86
04-22-2007, 09:33 PM
anyone talking about duncan ought to be scoffing manu even harder, manu made playoff shawn marion look like jordan

:lol

mookie2001
04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
maybe like the rest of argentina manu was too busy worrying about american gun control than basketball

san antonio spurs
04-22-2007, 09:52 PM

How can you bring that bullshit.
Pop has lost games for us but this one ain't one of them.
1. The players missed LAYUPS.
2. Some flopped instead of blocking out to secure rebounds trying to drawn a foul.
3. Pop made great coaching decisions, like puting bench players when our starters were struggling (it takes balls to do that), he even made great calls after time outs, which is what a coach is supposed to do.
4. Pop never told Manu nor Timmy to play scared.

Just give Popovich a break.
________
Butane vaporizers review (http://vaporshop.com/)

T Park
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah it aint on pop that duncan and ginobili decided to treat this like october.

It is his fault he didnt play Bowen more though.

powerpower
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah it aint on pop that duncan and ginobili decided to treat this like october.

It is his fault he didnt play Bowen more though.

do u think that bowen can stop anthony like in 05?

Cherry
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
he shamed the entire country of argentina

speak for yourself. We cant see this game on tv :lol

NorCal510
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Go Warriors!

NorCal510
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Go Warriors!

dallaskd
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
no its not, yall lost me fucking money!

coachmac87
04-22-2007, 10:07 PM
spurs just could not buy a bucket...they will be ok tho..nobody scared me but iverson and melo...they have to do what they did to win every game

Mr. Peabody
04-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Pop should have told Duncan to make those lay-ups. Damn you , Pop!!!!

aaronstampler
04-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey TPark, perhaps Pop should've been concerned that Bowen and Fin combined for 53 minutes and had as many rebounds as you or me. Fin hit some shots but was quite poor defensively. Really, the whole team was.

I think this game was lost in Game 82 when Pop didn't play any of the big three at all. They were rusty as shit and sluggish. If I'm gonna blame anyone, I'm gonna blame the coach. I don't understand why he didn't go to Manu in the 4th like he usually does. Why is it the guy only gets to shoot the ball when the other two are on the bench?

I agree he played Bowen too little, but that means he played Finley too much. He should have tore into the team at half and told them to take the ball to the basket and get to the line. They settled for too many jumpshots and played too slow on offense.

Either take threes or take lay-ups. The worst two things for an offense are 2 point jump shots and turnovers and it's what we did all game. :madrun :madrun :madrun

siopaoboi
04-22-2007, 10:42 PM
We'll get them!

I just want to say GOOD JOB to the nugs, but it's a 7 game series (SO WATCH OUT!! :rolleyes )

Mello is way better than tony and obviously better than timmy d but, we got bruce and my man manu to bring up the noise!!

WELL GET EM BOYS!

+ the calls were BULLSHIT!

thanks. we expect the spurs to go all out game 2. but for the moment, we're savoring the win. hopefully it wont be a repeat of the series before wherein we won game 1 and you guy took 2-5.

:toast here's to a great series ahead.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2007, 11:54 PM
You can't make stupid decisions with the ball when you aren't going aggressively to the hoop and when you aren't hitting shots. At one point the Nuggs led in free throw attempts 16-4 and the officiating was excellent; the Spurs just weren't being aggressive. Small ball had far fewer defensive lapses than I'd feared, but couldn't secure rebounds to save their lives. Timmy just throwing the ball to the opponents, holding the ball too long and that fucking lame attempt to steal the tip from a guy who just had his leg re-wrapped is the kicker. Time for Mr. Fucking Game Face to show up.

BTW, I thought the bench and the coach were excellent as well. Great plays coming out of timeouts.

gilmor
04-23-2007, 12:02 AM
the problem lies with Pop. He preferred to rest his stars for the season ending 2-3 games instead of playing them. That accumulated rust in his stars and they need following games to turn their games on again. At the end, they play more games in the opening series and also risk getting eliminated.

Budkin
04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Both will be back strong. You know they will. They are fuming right now, and should be.

TMTTRIO
04-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know. Manu sounded really depressed again with his interview. I don't know what's going on but he needs to find a way out of his funk now or I don't think we're going to be successful.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2007, 12:17 AM
the problem lies with Pop. He preferred to rest his stars for the season ending 2-3 games instead of playing them. That accumulated rust in his stars and they need following games to turn their games on again. At the end, they play more games in the opening series and also risk getting eliminated.
I'll take a little rust for the opportunity to get that much rest going into the playoffs any time.

Man of Steel
04-23-2007, 12:37 AM

HEY WARRIORS!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

MAN--YOU MADE CUBAN EAT SHIT ON NATIONAL TV.
:clap

Man of Steel
04-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I think Duncan, Parker, Manu will bounce back from tonight's effort.

Problem is, from what I saw of this Denver Nuggets team, they aren't like the Nuggets of the past and it's going to be a tough series for the Spurs...easily going to 6 or 7 games. Not good when the road to the Finals must go through both the Suns and the Mavs on the road.

Actually--

The road to the NBA Title will go through Phoenix and California (GSW).

SilverPlayer
04-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Anyone else think the week off made the big three a bit too rusty to eek out the win?

That's my call for the game tonight. Everyone else played well enough to win, but the people who took the last couple of games off were just plain pathetic. They lacked flow.

Makes me not worry. We kept the game close.

Man of Steel
04-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Where Is That Maverick Bitch...

Hey Smack-talking Piece Of Shit...

How Did You Enjoy The Maverick Game Tonight, Asshole?!

gilmor
04-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I'll take a little rust for the opportunity to get that much rest going into the playoffs any time.

That's what Pop thinks.. and he has been doing this for the past 4-5 years now.. ditto mavs.. mavs lost the first game due more to stars accumulating more rest than anything else..

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Props to Oberto for showing up.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Props to Oberto for showing up.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50163170/Jumper_Cables.jpg

RADECK
04-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Face it! Spurs team can't race for rings, to many average players on roster.

WalterBenitez
04-23-2007, 05:41 AM

That trophy looks small to be an NBA one, rigth? :dramaquee

SAGambler
04-23-2007, 08:29 AM
tim laid a big fat egg tonight. he seemed throroughly confused by the defense and held the ball too long, got it stripped and just made poor decisions. if he doesn't know what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it, he needs to pass, repost and make a quick decisive move

My thoughts exactly. That jab stepping around while holding the ball out begging to be stripped ain't working this series. Either shoot the damn thing or pass it out. Duncan responsible for way too many turnovers yesterday.

But you have to take heart in the fact that they probably won't have another below 30 percent shooting half. Wasn't they were taking bad shots, just the damn things wouldn't fall. Was afraid they might come out rusty after such a long layoff. Just hope they turn in around by Wednesday. No Fiesta time for the Spurs.

bdictjames
04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey Tim will bounce back, give him a break. He hasn't been on the court for a while he's more prepared for the next game. I think the entire team is more prepared for the next game.

Remember last year's Spurs-Mavs series? We won game 1, but clearly games 2,3,4 and 7 belonged to the Mavs. They bounced back.

wildbill2u
04-23-2007, 09:45 AM
FAce it. denver outplayed us in every facet.

Out Shooting us, out rebounded us, FTs made 21 to 7, and their defense completely befuddled the Spurs, clogging the lane so that Parker and Manu were taken out of their driving game and reduced to shooting jumpers. Meanwhile our defense with two great defenders in Bowen and Tim simply couldn't handle the offense of their two stars.

And the intangibles are that more of our guys hit the floor than their guys. They were beating us up as well as beating us.

We can whine about our guys not playing up to par--but they got beat by a superior team in that game.

George Gervin's Afro
04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Did anyone catch Tim's, and the team's, assessment on who would be the key player in the series? As Dee Lynam was relaying that Nene was he was owning the lane all by himself. Nene pretty much owned the entire Spurs front line and if TD doesn't start comanding a double team soon we are in for a 1st round and out..

ShoogarBear
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
At this point, I have to attribute some of this to Pop giving them the week off.

dbreiden83080
04-23-2007, 10:11 AM
My thoughts exactly. That jab stepping around while holding the ball out begging to be stripped ain't working this series. Either shoot the damn thing or pass it out. Duncan responsible for way too many turnovers yesterday.

But you have to take heart in the fact that they probably won't have another below 30 percent shooting half. Wasn't they were taking bad shots, just the damn things wouldn't fall. Was afraid they might come out rusty after such a long layoff. Just hope they turn in around by Wednesday. No Fiesta time for the Spurs.

Tim is going to have to make his move a lot quicker in this series and i expect him to do that in game 2. He needs to dominate so they start doubling him consistantly and we get open shots. If he lets them get away with 1 on 1 coverage, Spurs are in trouble.

Spurminator
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
At this point, I have to attribute some of this to Pop giving them the week off.

:tu

The_Worlds_finest
04-23-2007, 11:04 AM
"Mello is way better than tony and obviously better than timmy d"

you are officially added to the dumbass list.

One can argue him being better then Tony but Timm, what a fucking degenerate

wildbill2u
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I rmember a lot of folks were saying how smart it would be to rest the Big 3 and not take any chances with getting them injured. So I want to believe you said this last week, cause 20-20 hindsight is always right.

I guess AJ wasn't a smart coach either since he rested his guys too.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I rmember a lot of folks were saying how smart it would be to rest the Big 3 and not take any chances with getting them injured. So I want to believe you said this last week, cause 20-20 hindsight is always right.

AJ didn't rest his guys. Dirk, JHoward, Terry etc played 20-25 mpg in their last few games of the regular season.

I said at the time that I thought Pop should rest his guys for the second to the last game of the season - but they should have all played 15-20 minutes in the final game. Having a week of no actually game time isn't good.

But that's no excuse for how the Spurs played last night.

LEONARD
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM

Full Mavs squad played well into the 3rd in the last game of the season...

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-23-2007, 12:53 PM
AJ didn't rest his guys. Dirk, JHoward, Terry etc played 20-25 mpg in their last few games of the regular season.

I said at the time that I thought Pop should rest his guys for the second to the last game of the season - but they should have all played 15-20 minutes in the final game. Having a week of no actually game time isn't good.

But that's no excuse for how the Spurs played last night.

I agree. I hate seeing a team do that because it really throws a team's rythym off.

I'm sure that was a big part of why they looked so crappy yesterday.

LilMissSPURfect
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Timmy Tony and Godobili :worthy: :worthy: will get their shit together ....Don't worry b happy :clap :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

ShoogarBear
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM

I guess AJ wasn't a smart coach either since he rested his guys too.I'm not second-guessing. I didn't say that it wasn't smart to keep them from getting injured. But everyone knows that's the "rust vs. rest" risk you take. Losing one game isn't as bad as losing one of the big three would have been.

All I'm saying is looking at how bad 2/3 played (Tony's eventually got his game up to mediocre, but only after some terrible blown plays), that I think the layoff had something to do with it. Unless you, like Melo, think the Nuggets defense had something to do with it.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
The entire state of Colorado thinks the Nuggets defense had something to do with it. Even someone here said that the Spurs are intimidated by the Nuggs. I guess game 2 will prove it one way or another.

Three_Rings
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Bowen needs to step up on both Of.and Def. ends.Tim and Manu aint gonna have another game like that,TP did ok.So we are just fine.it´s just one loss.End of the story.Nothing to be scared about.
But I really wanna see Oberto playing 20+ mins P/game.

whottt
04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Bowen needs to step up on both Of.and Def. ends.Tim and Manu aint gonna have another game like that,TP did ok.So we are just fine.it´s just one loss.End of the story.Nothing to be scared about.
But I really wanna see Oberto playing 20+ mins P/game.

Would you get off Parker's jock? He sucked too....

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Would you get off Parker's jock? He sucked too....

I said He did ok,Not great or Awsome.Just another playoff game for him as usuall.He never shows up big time in the playoffs.But Timmy and Manu really sucked.

v2freak
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
They both just had off games, and the Nuggets still only beat the Spurs by a small margin. I wouldn't call it a lack of effort; no one is 100% all the time

01Snake
04-23-2007, 06:21 PM
LOL, DID YOU WATCH THE GAME LAST NIGHT???

YOURE THE DUMB ONE

can you belive this guy?

mello scores the most points in the ENTIRE NBA DOUCHE!!

:lol Idiot

Cara De Dedão
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Who's this Mello guy?

01Snake
04-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Ha maybe you should check out www.nba.com, and compare their stats..

i love timmy but he don't score like mello OR ai....

you're Obviously the fucking idiot.

Yep. Tim sucks! Look at all the players who averaged more points per game this season than Duncan did. He should probably retire! Ben Gordon scores more for christ sake. TD is done!! :lol :lol

2006-07 Scoring Leaders:

Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Gilbert Arenas
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Michael Redd
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson
Vince Carter
Ming Yao
Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Tracy McGrady
Dirk Nowitzki ,
Zach Randolph
Chris Bosh
Kevin Garnett
Rashard Lewis
Ben Gordon
Carlos Boozer
Paul Gasol
Elton Brand
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Martin
Baron Davis
Tim Duncan

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
The average IQ of this thread, not including myself as data, is probably around 7.

VaSpursFan
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
IMO, denver can't play much better than they did. they were clicking on all cylinders. the spurs have another gear, hopefully they go full throttle and take the next 4. i expect the big 3 to have better games. however we need an x factor like an elso or bonner to have a big game.

Cara De Dedão
04-23-2007, 07:40 PM
The average IQ of this thread, not including myself as data, is probably around 7.

Signing in for the IQ-of-Seven-Crew!!!

jmard5
04-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Ha maybe you should check out www.nba.com, and compare their stats..

i love timmy but he don't score like mello OR ai....

you're Obviously the fucking idiot.

Duncan's offensive repertoire is better than AI or Melo. And, oh, maybe you are forgetting Duncan's defensive capabilities too.

Duncan > Melo/AI

Oh, did I mention that Duncan has tons of awards/rings as well? Last night was just a fluke.

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
^^^That was a relevant post.Your face is relevant

:donkey

milkyway21
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
thanks. we expect the spurs to go all out game 2. but for the moment, we're savoring the win. hopefully it wont be a repeat of the series before wherein we won game 1 and you guy took 2-5.

:toast here's to a great series ahead.

just remember

the odd numbers 1999->2003->2005->2007(?) :lol
and;
we lost the 2003 & 2005 opening games

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
umm... it's not okay.

DarrinS
04-23-2007, 08:24 PM
We'll get them!

I just want to say GOOD JOB to the nugs, but it's a 7 game series (SO WATCH OUT!! :rolleyes )

Mello is way better than tony and obviously better than timmy d but, we got bruce and my man manu to bring up the noise!!

WELL GET EM BOYS!

+ the calls were BULLSHIT!

You sound optimistic, but your avatar says otherwise. WTF is that, anyway?

Rummpd
04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Duncan played like a pussy [B]period. He should have dunked 5 times, and the 4th he past up shots.