PDA

View Full Version : Things to Fix for Game 2

1Parker1
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Ginobili: He needs to stop holding on to the ball too long. He wasn't doing a very good job passing at the right moments and he was forcing the issue several times. His defense was pretty good, though I think I like him better on Melo than on AI.

Parker: He made a good effort in the 4th quarter driving to the hole and getting to the line. Where was that aggression the first 3 quarters? I still think he's the best the Spurs have defending AI because I think Bowen needs to be on Carmelo. Parker did a nice enough job passing (though he too like Manu held on to the ball for too long at times).

Duncan: I don't even know where to begin. Let's start with his horrendous defense which makes me question why I thought/believed he should win DPOY. He also tried to hold the ball too long, made some dumb TO's, got caught up with the refs for some calls. He needs to figure out how to either pass out of the double team earlier, or make his shot/move before the double team comes. He waited too long at times for this.

Finley: Very nice to see him have his shooting stroke back. I though Pop took him out for too long there in the 3rd/4th and the Spurs offense went away from the only guy who was making shots for them all game. As a result, the big 3 often tried and forced too much. Finley's defense/rebounding could have been slightly better but overall I think he played a terrific game.

Horry: His defense was suspect at times in the paint, slightly lazy it seemed. But his energy, rebouding, and offense was refreshing to finally see. My biggest worry is he took a lot of hits and minutes...and this was only game 1 of the first round. If the Spurs make it to the next round or the Conference Finals, I'm not sure how much Horry will have left in him by that time.

Barry: Yuck. His defense was horrendous, his offense was so-so as he looked scared to shoot as usual, and he didn't do much of anything else.

Elson: There's a reason the Nuggets didn't want him. Spurs are begining to see why.

Oberto: Had a great game overall, I would have liked to see him more of him, but with Horry playing well also I can see why Pop went with him down the stretch.

ALVAREZ6
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Testosterone injections

spurs1990
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Elson: There's a reason the Nuggets didn't want him. Spurs are begining to see why.

Saw the whole game but can't understand why no Elson down the stretch. Was he just foul prone or missing defensive assignments? He's too quick not to be utilized in this series, especially with Nene's emergence.

Budkin
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Play Spurs Basketball...