PDA

View Full Version : Devin Harris > Dwyane Wade

JamStone
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I was convinced that Dwyane Wade was the biggest flopper in the NBA. I always forget about Devin Harris.

When it comes to flopping, Devin Harris > Dwyane Wade, no doubt.

Flopper
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
yup.

N4th4n
04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
there is no way that harris is the biggest flopper in the nba,,,,,,,,,hes only 6ft tall.

This might be the first clever comment ever made by a mavs fan

dallaskd
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
not so much

RonMexico
04-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad... gets worse when his flopping and pulling down of other players on top of him (J-Rich) leads to a shoulder injury and another cryfest underneath the basket.

nkdlunch
04-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I hate when he flings his off hand like a homo. and gets a foul call

pussyface
04-22-2007, 11:49 PM
is there any platyer in the NBA who is better at getting in position to take a charge?

RonMexico
04-22-2007, 11:50 PM
I hate when he flings his off hand like a homo. and gets a foul call

Didn't get all those calls tonight... and he missed a lot of easy layups in the process? Coincidence? I think not... I believe it's safe to say he gets his power to finish at the rim from hearing the whistle on cheap foul calls.

RonMexico
04-22-2007, 11:50 PM
is there any platyer in the NBA who is better at getting in position to take a charge?

Mark Madsen?

Budkin
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
We just have to face it... flopping is the shitty byproduct of the Euro influence on the NBA. And unfortunately I don't think it's going anywhere unless you can challenge an offensive foul call. It fools the ref into thinking contact was made and they blow the whistle.

RonMexico
04-22-2007, 11:56 PM
We just have to face it... flopping is the shitty byproduct of the Euro influence on the NBA. And unfortunately I don't think it's going anywhere unless you can challenge an offensive foul call. It fools the ref into thinking contact was made and they blow the whistle.

Yeah, the worst flop was the backcourt call on J-Rich.

Slinkyman
04-22-2007, 11:57 PM

who knew Bill Laimbeer was european?

Budkin
04-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Good point but it really became a legit tactic when Divac came into the league. After watching the World Cup last summer it's clear where the origins of this "art form" come from.

RonMexico
04-23-2007, 12:10 AM
At least soccer officials have manned up and said there will be penalties for excessive flopping.

Medvedenko
04-23-2007, 12:22 AM
seriously...the suns have to be biggest floppers this side of Manu. I've never seen a defense revolved around taking a bs charge as the suns do consistently. It's horse shit. I hope they remove this d tactic and just call a no call.

Fillmoe
04-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Manu = Devin >>>>> Wade

N4th4n
04-23-2007, 01:16 AM
seriously...the suns have to be biggest floppers this side of Manu. I've never seen a defense revolved around taking a bs charge as the suns do consistently. It's horse shit. I hope they remove this d tactic and just call a no call.

Bitter bitter little boy. :dramaquee

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Manu = Devin >>>>> Wade

wade doesnt need to flop, he breathes on you and u get a foul

trueD
04-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeah, it's pretty bad... gets worse when his flopping and pulling down of other players on top of him (J-Rich) leads to a shoulder injury and another cryfest underneath the basket.
I'm thinking you didn't see the replay. Richardson landed on top of Harris pretty hard, he hardly pulled him down.

Lebron gets the cry-fest award of the day, he was laid out for hours after turning his ankle before getting right back into the game. Cav's were down at the time, probably the biggest source of his misery. :lol

Fillmoe
04-23-2007, 02:24 AM
wade doesnt need to flop, he breathes on you and u get a foul

this is true, but you really cant blame that one on wade.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2007, 03:04 AM
The two worst floppers in the NBA are Manu and whoever's playing the Lakers.

Fixed.

RonMexico
04-23-2007, 07:02 AM

Ok... you obviously don't watch Luke Walton play

RonMexico
04-23-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm thinking you didn't see the replay. Richardson landed on top of Harris pretty hard, he hardly pulled him down.

Lebron gets the cry-fest award of the day, he was laid out for hours after turning his ankle before getting right back into the game. Cav's were down at the time, probably the biggest source of his misery. :lol

The replay made me realize that Harris did pull him down... that's why J-Rich looked angry as he was trying to get back up and run down the floor - this is the third time in a row I've seen Harris start bitching it out underneath the basket.

Wisconsin!!!

LEONARD
04-23-2007, 10:33 AM
The replay made me realize that Harris did pull him down...

:lol :lol :lol

Wow...

:hat :hat :hat

I'm not saying it was a foul because it wasn't, but...wow... :smokin

LEONARD
04-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Devin is a great flopper, but he can never top Wade's flop on a jumpshot in the finals last year when Jet never touched him but Wade just fell down and got a call. I wish I still had a GIF of that... :lol

Medvedenko
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I do watch Luke Walton play...he flops too...I'm sick of it. That's the phoenix O...take charges....it's fucking pussy.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I also noticed the Nuggets were... well, not flopping precisely, but ANY time they got double-teamed in game 1 they leaned back over the ball and just started spazzing like an ADHD kid on Adderoll. They got a ton of foul calls out of that particular maneuver. As cheesy and pathetic as it was to flail in such a silly fashion, I hope our guys respond to it and play even harder double-team defense in Game 2.

To address the larger issue, I don't think flopping is the fault of the players right now. Officials rarely (if ever) call an offensive foul unless the defender goes flying across the court on his backside. I REALLY wish they would start calling the hook, the forearm clear-out, and the bump-bump-bump-layup on post plays as offensive fouls more often. It would eliminate the need to flop, and players might be more hesitant to do so when it leaves their guy unguarded. In particular, I wish they would call the forearm-clear more often, it's used several times a quarter in almost every game with no call. :madrun

confined
04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
the whole flopping thing is just flat out stupid

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Devin Harris had a half page article in the Dallas Morning News about how he has honed his flopping/charge taking to perfection. They said he even practiced alot in the offseason just on flopping. That bitch deserves to be hard fouled every game for that crap.

thispego
04-23-2007, 08:16 PM
man what a pussy, devin harris barely even knows how to play basketball

RonMexico
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Wow...

:hat :hat :hat

I'm not saying it was a foul because it wasn't, but...wow... :smokin

Ok - watch it again, buddy... they only showed it about 9 times, so it must have been blurry through the tears.

LEONARD
04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Ok - watch it again, buddy... they only showed it about 9 times, so it must have been blurry through the tears.

Wow... :lol :lol :lol :lol

LB7
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
You're a moron. J-Rich got up quickly and threw Harris off because Harrington got the rebound and they were headed the other way. I do not believe it should have been a foul on J-Rich either but I don't see how you look at that replay and say Harris "pulled him down". 2 guys running that fast and in midair are going to collide and fall. No where in that replay did I see Harris "pulling" him down. I know you hate everything Mavs but get over yourself. Richardson was already falling into him before Harris' arm ever came up.

I don't know why we call out only certain floppers. Every team has them and its not going to change as long as the refs go for it. Big deal.

Fillmoe
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
j rich > devin GAYris

RonMexico
04-24-2007, 04:58 PM
j rich > devin GAYris

HAHAHAH - I love that your sig proves everything I've said in this thread: Harris grabs J-Rich about 1 second after he releases the ball - his arm even changes the direction of Richardson's body.

RonMexico
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh man - all of you fucks have to watch this over and over again and realize that J-Rich falls much more quickly because Harris GRABS his FUCKING LEG

RonMexico
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Wow... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Watch it again, cockfiend... Fillmoe has hooked us up.

LB7
04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Watch it again, cockfiend... Fillmoe has hooked us up.
Wow...obsessive much :lol

FYI, that vid was on the first page of this thread.