PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Elson - Playoff Phenom

timvp
04-23-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm hoping it was just a bad game but looking at Elson's career playoff stats, he's currently in the worst stretch of games of any player I've ever seen. Seriously.

Over Elson's last eight playoff games, his stats are as followed:

106 Minutes
6 Points
20 Rebounds
20 Fouls
2 Assists
5 Turnovers

That is mind-blowing. You're talking 2.2 points per 40 minutes played. I dare someone to find me a player in the history of the NBA who could match that futility.

Oberto in 15 minutes of action outscored Elson's last 106 minutes of playoff action 8 to 6.

Is Elson just in an unlucky streak or is he not built for the playoffs? Do you just ride this wave out or do you start thinking of other options?

Questions.

Nbadan
04-23-2007, 04:00 AM
It's the revenge of Nacho. Elson sucks. If he stepped up his game, 10-10, the Spurs would sweep the rest of the series.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Yup, them's some tough numbers.

Maybe you give him one more quarter to see if he can do anything, then start giving his minutes to Oberto, or Bonner if you want to spread the floor.

We were so absolutely abysmal today that, unless we come out playing like a different team on Wednesday (ie. playing Spurs bball), we might have to consider something insane like going smallball and giving time to White as a one-on-one defender. :madrun :smchode:

cambrad
04-23-2007, 04:43 AM
Frankie Elson is a Nuggets saboteur.

Good luck with that.

kris
04-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Yinka Dare productions?

MannyIsGod
04-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Elson should me nothing today except that he made a great ragdoll for Denver to toss around. You know how bad it was? I was praying for small ball.

Oberto did a damn good job, if shit doesn't turn around quick, you bench him and play Oberto/Horry.

I was also very dissapointed in Bonner's limited minutes because he didn't show me much either.

Both Elson and Bonner were players that seemed to be catching on quite well in the middle part of the season but both regressed a lot as the year wore on. It sucks that the best we have right now is Oberto but Elson flat out isn't cutting it.

MI21
04-23-2007, 06:37 AM
- 2 points per 40 minutes
- same amount of rebounds as fouls
- more turnovers than assists

I'm not sure it gets any worse than that, I mean seriously, that's pathetic.

ploto
04-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Is Elson just in an unlucky streak or is he not built for the playoffs? Do you just ride this wave out or do you start thinking of other options?
I already told you what will happen. :lol

Cry Havoc
04-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Wait 'till JJ Redick makes a playoff "appearance". Then we'll be glad for Elson. :P

Jimcs50
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, but you still would rather have him over Rasho and Nazr...right?

:rolleyes

bdictjames
04-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Id rather have Horry on the floor.

Extra Stout
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Nuggets series aside, keep in mind that the Spurs are more or less counting on Elson to be able to match up with Dirk Nowitzki should the Spurs and Mavs meet in the conference finals.

Uh huh. That's gonna happen.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
He might prove himself useful against the Suns and I hope and pray he can find that season opener magic against the Mavs, but this series he's going to get thrown around like a beach ball. He can join some of the guys who sucked against their former teams in the playoffs like Horry and Barry.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Nuggets series aside, keep in mind that the Spurs are more or less counting on Elson to be able to match up with Dirk Nowitzki should the Spurs and Mavs meet in the conference finals.

Uh huh. That's gonna happen.

Diop was a major non-factor last year for the Mavs until he played against the Spurs, where he gave them a boost against Duncan.

Elson doesn't need stats. He needs to contain Dirk. I'll take 0 points and 6 boards from him if he keeps Nowitzki from detonating.

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
You have yet to wake the sleeping giant.

steppy
04-23-2007, 09:45 AM
There's a reason he was a 3rd stringer.

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 09:53 AM
There's a reason he was a 3rd stringer.

blasphemy!

alamo50
04-23-2007, 10:10 AM
The double figured rebound games are on the way!

cheguevara
04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Nuggets series aside

is this a joke? we need to win this series first.

and Elson better fucking step up or we're fucked.

DarrinS
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Jesus (Oberto) >>>>>>>>> Elson

Extra Stout
04-23-2007, 10:18 AM

I don't see how it could be logically consistent simultaneously to believe the Spurs could credibly lose the series to Denver and yet believe the Spurs have a chance at the NBA title.

T Park
04-23-2007, 10:47 AM
He pulled a Rasho yesterday so what?

Поповић
04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Pray for Oberto's corazon.

leemajors
04-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Diop was a major non-factor last year for the Mavs until he played against the Spurs, where he gave them a boost against Duncan.

Elson doesn't need stats. He needs to contain Dirk. I'll take 0 points and 6 boards from him if he keeps Nowitzki from detonating.

diop didn't check duncan until OT of the 7th game.

boutons_
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
"or is he not built for the playoffs?"

He's built to play basketball, but he's too fucking stupid, as 5 secs glancing at his face in a game will prove. He doesn't have a clue about what's going on or what he's supposed to be doing, where he's supposed to be.

Like Nazr, he really doesn't know how to play basketball, has weak/no fundamentals.

whottt
04-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Every player on the team except for Finley, Horry, and Oberto sucked yesterday....

Best to bench Elson before he gets confident...that'll teach him, and it'll show Denver too...because so many other people deserved those minutes.

T Park
04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Oberto doesn't deserve his minutes?

baseline bum
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Id rather have Horry on the floor.

Horry was terrible last night. One rebound, while Nene was having a field day on the glass.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
The double figured rebound games are on the way!

He had three of them all season. You are right that they are on the way - but we might have to wait another 30 games or so before we see one. :lol

Elson might throw a decent game in there every once in a blue moon - but he just isn't a very good basketball player.

T Park
04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Problem is, hes an energy, bench big, playing a role hes not made for.

That simple, and I admitted to this back in January.

alamo50
04-23-2007, 12:06 PM
he just isn't a very good basketball player.

No, he is just not what you want him to be.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 12:12 PM
No, he is just not what you want him to be.
:lol

What do I want him to be? :lol I don't want him to be an enforcer, shot blocker, or anything like that. When the Spurs got him a bunch of people kept saying that is what they wanted to him to be. I kept repeating over and over that's not what he is.

I want him to be able to play defense for more than a five minute stretch without getting in foul trouble. The only time he is not in foul trouble is when he's not doing anything on D.

I want him to run the floor on offense and keep his head in the game.

And I want him to hit a couple shots every once in awhile and get in position to have a chance to rebound. And to box out.

T Park
04-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Thats all i ask, but apparently Francisco can't handle even that :lol

SkunkinDuncan
04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Nuggets fans like Elson because he was willing to deliver a hard foul here or there and he called Garnett 'gay' for grabbing elson's nuts. Other than that, he wasn't that good. On a Nuggets team where Nene was out and Kenyon and Camby constantly had hurt vaginas, Elson didn't really play all that much. He would play 10-15, grab a few boards, hit a couple 15 footers, have no post moves and get owned in the post. As a starter, he's a glaring weakness. I still love Frankie, though.

alamo50
04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I want him to run the floor on offense and keep his head in the game.

And I want him to hit a couple shots every once in awhile and get in position to have a chance to rebound. And to box out.

Oh ok, 'cause that's exactly what he usualy does.

T Park
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM

alamo, i noticed you took out alot of what, a starting center does, what she wants.

ManuTastic
04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Since we got killed on the boards yesterday, Cisco better step up because if he doesn't, who's going to? You think Oberto's going to clean the glass vs Camby and Nene??
Not Fucking Likely...
He doesn't have to do anything else. Just board. Then if Tim and Manu fucking wake up we'll have a shot.

alamo50
04-23-2007, 12:30 PM

alamo, i noticed you took out alot of what, a starting center does, what she wants.

He's learning the rest.

;)

Spurs Brazil
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I've been saying since January: We have NO centers

whottt
04-23-2007, 12:32 PM
It's good to see everyone can take time out from ignorning the worst combined Parker/Duncan/Manu performance in Spurs history to act like Elson was the problem...good thing ya'll aren't the coach.

Meanwhile...Spurs fans still think if a C isn't David Robinson(who they didn't appreciate as much as they should have himself), then he's garbage...

Beggars can't be choosers...

You guys can do nothing but rip every Center we have of the post Drob era, but the simple fact is, that HOF C's don't grow on trees and uneven C's are the norm....

Right now you expect a guy making 2 mil a year to rebound, play great d, dunk.....that's an All Star C in todays NBA who makes 10 mil a year minimum.

Given our owners preference for a trim budget...you guys will probably be less upset if you just start rooting for another team. Because we aren't going to have a complete C unless we give up a lot to get it....

hitmanyr2k
04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Perhaps if the Spurs had better rotations they wouldn't keep hanging Elson out to dry for cheap fouls. I swear this guy gets so much flack for Duncan blowing rotations it's beyond ridiculous. Christ...Duncan doesn't even know how to do something as basic as close the freakin baseline when giving help defense and people are giving Elson lip? Comical.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 12:35 PM
It's good to see everyone can take time out from ignorning the worst combined Parker/Duncan/Manu performance in Spurs history to act like Elson was the problem...good thing ya'll aren't the coach.

Meanwhile...Spurs fans still think if a C isn't David Robinson(who they didn't appreciate as much as they should have himself), then he's garbage...

Beggars can't be choosers...

You guys can do nothing but rip every Center we have of the post Drob era, but the simple fact is, that HOF C's don't grow on trees and uneven C's are the norm....

Right now you expect a guy making 2 mil a year to rebound, play great d, dunk.....that's an All Star C in todays NBA who makes 10 mil a year minimum.

Given our owners preference for a trim budget...you guys will probably be less upset if you just start rooting for another team. Because we aren't going to have a complete C unless we give up a lot to get it....

Apparently you can't frickin' read. In every single thread we are saying that Manu/Parker/Ginobili were the problem.

But point out that it would be good for the Spurs if they had a center that can stay on the floor isn't an invalid point.

No one is expecting a HOF.

No one is expecting DRob.

But someone is expecting that a guy can score more than six points in over 100 minutes of playoff playing time.

Someone is expecting a center who can get a rebound in traffic every once in a blue moon.

whottt
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Apparently you can't frickin' read. In every single thread we are saying that Manu/Parker/Ginobili were the problem.

But point out that it would be good for the Spurs if they had a center that can stay on the floor isn't an invalid point.

It's a useless point...all I see people doing for the past 5 years is ripping our C's...

IF Elson was as good as you guys want him to be...you think we would have gotten him for 2 mil a year as RFA?

No one is expecting a HOF.

No one is expecting DRob.

But someone is expecting that a guy can score more than six points in over 100 minutes of playoff playing time.

Well then I suggest you blame Pop...he's the one that takes the C's out of the offense...

He killed the offense of a former NBA scoring champ C...I don't know why anyone thinks other C's are going to fare better....

This is nothing new...everyone ripped on Drob for his offense too...even though all he did was play the system Pop wanted...it's right there after the 97-98 season.

Someone is expecting a center who can get a rebound in traffic every once in a blue moon.

Welcome to the world of 90% of NBA fans....

Drob was still a top ten C in the NBA his final season...look at his numbers, look at what we paid him...

That's what you want...you aren't getting it for 2 mil a year, and you likely aren't getting it for 10...

Hoping Butler or Mahinimi pan out is the best option...Elson and Oberto are what they are...Rasho and Nazr are what they are...I personally am happier with the Elson and Oberto combo...I think they fit the team better, but they aren't ever going to be huge numbers guys. And Elson is a twig...so expecting him to turn into Kevin Willis isn't a realistic expectation.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Why do you keep talking about DRob?

No one wants him to put up DRob numbers.

How about just not fouling so much that you have to be pulled out after five minutes of playing time?

whottt
04-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Why do you keep talking about DRob?

No one wants him to put up DRob numbers.

How about just not fouling so much that you have to be pulled out after five minutes of playing time?

At leas the fouls denote effort...and I agree, he got hung out to dry quite a bit...

IF Elson gets PT I suspect he will have some nice games in this series...but as for consistent production...

Consistency is the difference between a bad player being a good one, and good player being a great one.

He's not going to give us consistent production, and neither is Oberto. And neither did Rasho, and neither did Nazr.

Welcome to the world of just about every other team in the NBA...

Spurs fans are just plain old spoiled...

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I am with Alamo50, %100 on this...since like me, he knows true greatness at the C position and appreciates it...he's proven to be a good judge of talent at the C position IMO...and I agree with his stance on Elson...Elson is a steal for what we are paying him for...but he's going to have his shortcomings, and he's going to lack consistency, but we could be doing a lot worse(and I am not talking about statistical production)...and that's just the way it is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2007, 01:03 PM
To be fair to Elson, I think half his fouls came on plays where Duncan blew a play defensively and Elson had to try to clean up the garbage.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I am with Alamo50, %100 on this...since like me, he knows true greatness at the C position and appreciates it...he's proven to be a good judge of talent at the C position IMO...and I agree with his stance on Elson...Elson is a steal for what we are paying him for...but he's going to have his shortcomings, and he's going to lack consistency, but we could be doing a lot worse(and I am not talking about statistical production)...and that's just the way it is.
Yeah, none of the rest of us saw DRob play except you and Alamo50. :rolleyes

Elson isn't very good. He's not even $2-3M of NBA money good. Hopefully he steps up for a couple games this playoffs. Or at least stays on the floor for more than four or five minute stretches.

timvp
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping it was just a bad game but looking at Elson's career playoff stats, he's currently in the worst stretch of games of any player I've ever seen. Seriously.

106 Minutes
6 Points
20 Rebounds
20 Fouls
2 Assists
5 Turnovers

That is mind-blowing. You're talking 2.2 points per 40 minutes played. I dare someone to find me a player in the history of the NBA who could match that futility.

Oberto in 15 minutes of action outscored Elson's last 106 minutes of playoff action 8 to 6.

Questions.

Oh, I forgot perhaps the worst part ...

106 Minutes
6 Points
20 Rebounds
20 Fouls
2 Assists
5 Turnovers
0 Blocks

T Park
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
you guys are right, Elson, alot of times is left out to dry on those plays, and its elson just being agressive.

Hopefully duncan rotates better wednesday night, and Elson can help more on AI driving to the hoop.

timvp
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
whottt is arguing some tangent point. What I'm saying and others are saying is play Oberto if this is Playoff Elson.

Saying you can't expect much from Elson because he has a cheap contract doesn't win a playoff series. Six points and zero blocks in his last 106 playoff minutes says something.

T Park
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Agreed on that, if Elson is gonna play like rasho, then play Oberto and Horry.

Bruno
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I will wait a little before saying that Elson isn't built for the playoffs.

Elson has played two playoffs series in his career : One in his rookie year against Minny where he put similar numbers to his regular season number and one last year against Clippers where he was crappy. I don't remember this serie but it wasn't a good matchup for Elson : Brand is a good low post scorer for Elson who is a bad post defender and kaman is too strong for Elson.

Elson isn't a good player but I find that it's too soon to call him a playoff chocker.

timvp
04-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Elson would be useful versus the Suns and Mavs because of his perimeter defending skills. Against the Nuggets, I'm not so sure. If he wasn't getting physically abused, he was either fumbling rebounds out of bounds or throwing them away.

Oberto outperformed him to a major degree. whottt likes any center who can dunk, but right now I like the idea of more Oberto.

Kevin Blackistone
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I see no reason why Oberto and Horry shouldn't get the mintues in this series. That said, the crucial players who had the worst games are the ones I worry about the least. TP, TD, Manu, and Bowen will right the ship - just a bad game.

T Park
04-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Well Oberto matches up well with nene.

He can keep him off the boards, box him out, and he seems to play well in the playoffs.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM
whottt is arguing some tangent point. What I'm saying and others are saying is play Oberto if this is Playoff Elson.

Saying you can't expect much from Elson because he has a cheap contract doesn't win a playoff series. Six points and zero blocks in his last 106 playoff minutes says something.
'

Can I get a vbookie on whether not you guys rip Oberto before this series is over?

IF you guys had your way Oberto would have been inactive for yesterdays game.

timvp
04-23-2007, 01:31 PM
'

Can I get a vbookie on whether not you guys rip Oberto before this series is over?

Nice try.

Go back and read my posts leading up to this series where I said that I hope Oberto is back healthy because the Spurs will need him versus the Nuggets because Elson has a habit of disappearing in the playoffs and against physical teams.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 01:32 PM
'

It's not secret that neither Oberto or Elson are awesome. The question is just which one you think is a better option in this series.

I am still not sure. One game doesn't mean Oberto is a phenom against the Nuggets.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:33 PM
LMAO if you guys had your way all our C would be inactive...

This is just a different type of Parker hate that you guys often rail against...

The two most demaning positions in the NBA are C and PG...

Oberto is not going to play as good for the rest of the series as he did yesterday...and yesterday, he did get a lot of Elson's minutes.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I am still not sure. One game doesn't mean Oberto is a phenom against the Nuggets.

Exactly....

Oberto is more a game 7 of the NBA finals type of guy :smokin

Kori Ellis
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
LMAO if you guys had your way all our C would be inactive...

This is just a different type of Parker hate that you guys often rail against...

The two most demaning positions in the NBA are C and PG...

Oberto is not going to play as good for the rest of the series as he did yesterday...and yesterday, he did get a lot of Elson's minutes.

So basically you are saying that 6 points in over 100 playoff minutes is decent and no one should complain or think that maybe Oberto is a better option in this series? :tu

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
We might end up playing Elson on Melo before this series is over...since we have no one else that can come close to stopping him.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:37 PM
So basically you are saying that 6 points in over 100 playoff minutes is decent and no one should complain or think that maybe Oberto is a better option in this series? :tu

I think Elson didn't play his best game yesterday, but he was in foul trouble, and since we don't have David Robinson playing C, I don't think it's a good idea to decide who's going to get the minutes for the rest of the series after one game...

Because Oberto isn't David Robinson either.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Elson would be useful versus the Suns and Mavs because of his perimeter defending skills. Against the Nuggets, I'm not so sure. If he wasn't getting physically abused, he was either fumbling rebounds out of bounds or throwing them away.

Oberto outperformed him to a major degree. whottt likes any center who can dunk, but right now I like the idea of more Oberto.

Yeawwn....

Man I like Oberto...I've been one of his major defenders...but he's not consistent, either, and I am not willing to give him the keys to the position over Elson because Elson has the potential to be a devastating factor in this series, on a game by game basis.

whottt
04-23-2007, 01:46 PM

He can be useful agains the Nuggets...

I agree Elson is really needed against Dallas...

But I don't agree that he is key against Phoenix...

Phoenix is the one team that Pop's small ball lineup is effective against, and Finley actually does a decent job on Amare...for some reason.

ploto
04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
The problem is really the make up of the team. People harrassed me when I questioned it because they wanted to say it was all about Rasho, but the truth is the Spurs have no center. They needed one traditional big man on the team and did not keep or sign one. And don't say Butler because it was obvious from the beginning that he was never going to play this year. They went with a bunch of PF's and that is what they have to work with. They gambled on their play-off match-ups and lost. They got too full of themselves and believed that all they had to be built for was against Dallas and Phoenix.

whottt
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
ploto...I agree that Rasho was wrongly maligned by Spursfans..but get real, we won a championship against a team playing a conventional lineup, with his ass glued to the bench.

Tim Duncan is our traditional C...and Robert Horry has been sidekick PF on 6 Champions...

Our problem is not the C position, at least not in this series...it was not why we lost yesterday, and it will not be why we lose this series...

Oberto was one of the only reasons we were in the game yesterday.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
:lol at ploto's calling the series finished.

The real way that Elson contributes to the game is increasing the pace and putting pressure on the opposing team's defense in transition. That will always be nullified to some point in the playoffs because the game almost always slows down, but this matchup in particular presents a problem because Camby can keep up with Elson better than most centers out there.

Elson is a bit of a square peg in a halfcourt game, just as Rasho isn't a good fit against a small ball lineup.

smeagol
04-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Well Oberto matches up well with nene.

Because he is Argentine and Nene is Brazilian? :spin

diego
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
i think the bigger issue is that half of our bigs (oberto and elson) are foul prone and the other half is duncan and horry. so we really need horry to play well because it is clear that oberto and elson are not going to be able to play more than 35 minutes combined (most nights at least), whether they are contributing or not.

TMIMITW
04-23-2007, 02:20 PM
http://app3.websitetonight.com/projects/4/4/4/6/444668/uploads/MIM_painted.jpg

When I lived in Havana, I had a servant named Francisco.

-The Most Interesting Man In The World.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
On the whole, Elson has done fine for his $2.5 million price tag, but if he opts out this summer or is part of a trade I won't shed a tear. Skinny Cal centers apparently grow on trees and we can get one who is eight years younger if we need to.

http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1999_draft/Players/images/elson.jpghttp://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/pac10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/123332.jpeg

whottt
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I want to see Mercer at the point

whottt
04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Because he is Argentine and Nene is Brazilian? :spin

Brazil>Argentina

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Few things Elson canīt do:
Canīt score
Canīt rebound
Canīt guard Dirk
canīt pass the ball
things he does:
turnovers
Dunks the ball
blocks a shot here and there.

I reather have Oberto in one leg on the floor tham this Geico wanna be.

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Brazil>Argentina

Argentina & Brazil>team USA.

whottt
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Argentina & Brazil>team USA.

2/5 Team Argentina(Manu Oberto) + 1/5team USA(Duncan) < 1/5 Team Brazil(Maybner) + 2/5 Team USA(Melo and AI)

Therefore....
Brazil>USA>Argentina...

It's like that.

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
2/5 Team Argentina(Manu Oberto) + 1/5team USA(Duncan) < 1/5 Team Brazil(Maybner) + 2/5 Team USA(Melo and AI)

Therefore....

Argentina...Brazil>USA(fixed)

It's like that.

timvp
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
whottt is disgracing the legacy of David Robinson by trying to compare Elson to him. David Robinson five years from now would be a better basketball player than Elson. Get real.

First he admits to being David Robinson's most hated enemy's number one fan, now this.

http://www.familyhelper.net/heart/heartgifs/heart4848.gifhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c0/Sjavie.jpg/180px-Sjavie.jpg http://www.familyhelper.net/heart/heartgifs/heart4848.gif

http://scoreboards.aol.com/images/basketball/nba/players/100x150/60154.jpg = http://www.brooksinternational.com/images/davidrobinson.jpg

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm Brazil's bitch

Fixed...

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I hate winning playoff games, that's why I hate Joey Crawford and Steve Javie

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
timvp, would you mind enabling the search function so I can find that thread where you compare Elson to...David Robinson?

It's the one titled..."I'm sorry" or something like that.

Thanks, in advance :tu

SPARKY
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Javie?

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes Javie...

timvp
04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
I hate David Robinson.

I love Steve Javie.

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
FWDT...would you mind an assist here? I would but the search function is disabled.

The Bavetta and Salvator lovers needs some edumicatin'

SPARKY
04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
There's a special place in the bowels of the at&t Center where a doll bearing the likeness of Javie is pricked with a hundred needles before it is immersed in a bowl full of goat's blood when Javie is part of the officiating crew for a Spurs' game.

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I want to fight Tim Duncan

I still hate winning playoffs games

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
There's a special place in the bowels of the at&t Center where a doll bearing the likeness of Javie is pricked with a hundred needles before it is immersed in a bowl full of goat's blood when Javie is part of the officiating crew for a Spurs' game.

What ever...you need to check our W-L record with him as an official in the playoffs.

Only Danny Crawford and Joey Crawford rank ahead of him....

SPARKY
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
What ever...you need to check our W-L record with him as an official in the playoffs.

Only Danny Crawford and Joey Crawford rank ahead of him....

Most of the games he reffed he probably couldn't fuck up.

Infamous
04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Elson wasn't even attempting to box out Nene last night, he isnt going to be a factor in this series.

whottt
04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Most of the games he reffed he probably couldn't fuck up.

You completely misspelled, "I've never watched a Spurs playoff game reffed by Bennet Salvatore".

SPARKY
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm surprised you don't have Bennett's nuts on your chin. I guess he's next up.

DarrinS
04-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Jesus on the court.

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1204/nba_g_dailydime_268.jpg

ploto
04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
ploto...I agree that Rasho was wrongly maligned by Spursfans..but get real, we won a championship against a team playing a conventional lineup, with his ass glued to the bench.

Again, I laugh, because your only response is to try to malign Rasho- when in truth he played very important roles against Denver 2 years ago-- especially in games 3 and 4.

In 2005, the Spurs beat the Suns- not conventional-- and a Detroit team with a 6'9" center. Not nearly the same as a Denver team with Camby and Nene. And where did I say it had to be Rasho-- I said the Spurs need A center-- some center. But the Spurs only cared about Dallas and Phoenix- what if the first round match-up was Houston?

T Park
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
And where did I say it had to be Rasho

Give me a fucking break, thats what you've been bellyaching for all year.

Quit with the Rasho agenda, and go back to the raptors board.

ploto
04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
One thing that has not been mentioned is that despite Oberto's nice rebounding numbers, he never played when both Camby and Nene were on the floor. He was in there a lot when Najera or Kleiza came in, so how will his effectiveness translate against Camby and Nene?

whottt
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Again, I laugh, because your only response is to try to malign Rasho- when in truth he played very important roles against Denver 2 years ago-- especially in games 3 and 4.

In 2005, the Spurs beat the Suns- not conventional-- and a Detroit team with a 6'9" center. Not nearly the same as a Denver team with Camby and Nene. And where did I say it had to be Rasho-- I said the Spurs need A center-- some center. But the Spurs only cared about Dallas and Phoenix- what if the first round match-up was Houston?

Tim Duncan is our traditional C...and Robert Horry has been sidekick PF on 6 Champions

That's how we play in the traditional lineup.

angel_luv
04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
He pulled a Rasho yesterday so what?

If Elson had played as Rasho did in the Raptors first game, Elson would have had 10 rebounds and 3 assists and a blocked shot instead of only 4 rebounds and no assists or blocks.

angel_luv
04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
As for Elson, I am rooting for him to succeed.
Come on Cisco. :)

T Park
04-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Uh Angel.

Rasho was going against the Nets who have a far inferior front line than the Nuggets.

So your comparing apples and oranges.

Pulling a rasho is starting, being scared and a wuss, and not doing much.

pretty much what elson did.

angel_luv
04-23-2007, 06:59 PM
:lol T Park.
You've posted enough baloney to feed a whole third-world country twice. I'm not even bothered.

bigdog
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
His role is not to provide offense, but with that being said, he should have more points than that. Really the only thing that is bothering me is all these little stupid fouls. He needs to stop.

gilmor
04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Uh Angel.

Rasho was going against the Nets who have a far inferior front line than the Nuggets.

So your comparing apples and oranges.

Pulling a rasho is starting, being scared and a wuss, and not doing much.

pretty much what elson did.

Tpark, not good to go against the hottest girl in SpursTalk.. :nope

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Pop is starting Elson against his former team. Elson wasn't even their third option.... the Spurs have no chance with this guy getting minutes.

VaSpursFan
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
i'm convinced that elson has the b-ball IQ of a rock. over the back fouls going for rebounds he can't possibly get. always a half a step slow on rotations and a half a second late on his attempts at blocks. it's painful to watch because it's so fucking frustrating. the only thing that he brings to the table that i like is his ability to run the floor. i want to see him sprinting out more and getting buckets in transition, then maybe something will click and his defense will get better.

Pugglekicker_21
04-23-2007, 09:37 PM
i look for Elson to rebound tremondously in Game 2.

but not that kinda rebounding....

td4mvp21
04-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Elson fucking sucks, but like I said in another thread, he is so much more aggressive than Rasho ever was. That's the only thing I really like. Other than that- Elson can't do much. It's disappointing because it looked like he was going to play good defense in the postseason but NOPE. I say keep him as a starter, play him no more than 20 minutes depending on what type of defense he is playing. Let Oberto and Horry come off the bench to give us a lift/spark.

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
seriously.. Elson sucks... I don't think I can watch another game if his ass plays...

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 11:10 PM
A 50 year old Mutombo > Elson

whottt
04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
What about Kevin Willis?

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 11:17 PM
definitely

cambrad
04-24-2007, 02:44 AM
Trade him back. We'll give you a 2009 first round pick. unprotected.

RADECK
04-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Elson SUCKS!!!!!! He's not C of Center, he can play in D-league only(10min)!

MI21
04-24-2007, 08:04 AM

Deal :elephant

pad300
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd take that this off-season...

Kevin Blackistone
04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
The Spurs are lacking a true center. That does hurt, and Rasho would have been a much bigger factor against the Nuggets this year than he was against either the Kings or Mavs last year due to a better matchup for him (and Nazr). The fact remains - Rasho was way too expensive to keep for spot duty against teams with big front court players.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2007, 02:37 PM

106 Minutes
6 Points
20 Rebounds
20 Fouls
2 Assists
5 Turnovers

Questions.

Looks like Elson sucks. He's so erratic and foul prone, he reminds me of crack hamster Jihad Muhammad, Cincinnati's point guard a couple years ago.

SPARKY
04-24-2007, 03:19 PM
When you're offering $2 mil per for an athletic big, he's who you get.

T Park
04-24-2007, 05:14 PM
When the bigs available this offseason were in short supply, thats also what you get.

ArgSpursFan
04-24-2007, 06:40 PM
When the bigs available this offseason were in short supply, thats also what you get.

thatīs not true.They couldīve signed Scola for $ 3 Mp/year last off season and they didnīt.Eventhough Scola is not a center.He couldīve been much more productive tham the Geico(Elson)to guard guys like Melo or Dirk,and to provide some scoring in the paint zone.

cambrad
04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I love how you blame the least-talented player in your starting lineup for your troubles. Hell, probably the 7th or 8th most talented on your team.

You guys are hilarious.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I love how you blame the least-talented player in your starting lineup for your troubles. Hell, probably the 7th or 8th most talented on your team.

You guys are hilarious.I love how you can't read.

T Park
04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
thatīs not true.They couldīve signed Scola for $ 3 Mp/year last off season and they didnīt.Eventhough Scola is not a center.He couldīve been much more productive tham the Geico(Elson)to guard guys like Melo or Dirk,and to provide some scoring in the paint zone.

good god Scola can't guard Melo or Dirk.

Also he hasn't done anyting in the real league, the nba, to warrant the contract demands.

ArgSpursFan
04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
good god Scola can't guard Melo or Dirk.

Also he hasn't done anyting in the real league, the nba, to warrant the contract demands.

And tell us what the fu** did Elson do in the Real league???????????????????????????

and to your knowledge Scola did guard Dirk and other NBA big men in the Olympics and World Championship,and did way better tham Elson.

cambrad
04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I love how you can't read.

kalfjdlkf kljfa lak jdao ajflkad.

lkafjlfk! jfjla

-fjaleiw

thousandth
04-25-2007, 06:16 PM
And tell us what the fu** did Elson do in the Real league???????????????????????????

and to your knowledge Scola did guard Dirk and other NBA big men in the Olympics and World Championship,and did way better tham Elson.

Scola isnīt a good deffensive player and didnīt guard other NBA big men in the Olympics an Wordl Championship. Oberto did guard him in the ArgentineīsTeam.

mardigan
04-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Elsons playing like shit to start this game

ArgSpursFan
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Scola isnīt a good deffensive player and didnīt guard other NBA big men in the Olympics an Wordl Championship. Oberto did guard him in the ArgentineīsTeam.

HUHHH?????? :nope

Typhoon
04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Elson sucks so bad, Rasho is so much better than Elson is not even funny...I bet you miss Rasho very much.
:downspin: :downspin:

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
put a fork on that motherfucker!!!

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Elson blows, Elson blows... Elson blows

SuperManu!!!
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Too much crack? :rolleyes

pad300
04-25-2007, 10:22 PM

106 Minutes
6 Points
20 Rebounds
20 Fouls
2 Assists
5 Turnovers

Questions.

Game2 - 10 Minutes, 5 Rebounds, 2 pts, 0/3 shooting, 3 TO's, 0 PF. The rebounding is good. The Offense is clearly bad (6 wasted possessions, 1 foul drawn - made both FT's). I didn't actually see the game, so hopefully his D was reasonable. An improvement over game 1. He still needs to do more offensively if he wants to keep starting.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
nope. he was horrible again.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Man, he was really, really terrible. Two turnovers in the first minute of the game, couldn't sniff good defensive position. He did a good job of chasing AI into flubbing the layup. That's about all the good I could find. Props to Pop for not just pulling him right away; trying to salvage his confidence may help later in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Oberto or someone else other than Elson needs to start.

timvp
04-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Props to Elson. With those two points, he tripled his playoff average over his last eight playoff games.

:lmao

Seriously, this guy not only isn't very good during the regular season, he's a playoff choker. I don't think we need to see any more evidence.

xamila rey
04-26-2007, 12:34 AM
so timvp how long are u gonna keep that avatar????

timvp
04-26-2007, 12:35 AM
so timvp how long are u gonna keep that avatar????

Good question. It hasn't exactly been an Elson good luck charm . . .

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1602360&postcount=684

Obstructed_View
04-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I think it's time to retire that one. If you are going to hex someone, at least hex someone who isn't getting PT. :)

ploto
04-26-2007, 12:44 AM
I told ya'll that he would last into the play-offs as a starter about the same number of games that Nazr did. I even predicted that it would begin with his quick third quarter exit, a la Nazr.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I told ya'll that he would last into the play-offs as a starter about the same number of games that Nazr did. I even predicted that it would begin with his quick third quarter exit, a la Nazr.

http://rossbeyer.net/gallery/d/4210-2/cookie.jpg

timvp
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM

Way at go out on a limb and predict Elson would suck.

timvp
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
The sun will come up tomorrow.

ploto
04-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Way at go out on a limb and predict Elson would suck.
No- I did not predict that he would suck-- I predicted EXACTLY what and how it would unfold with regards to Pop. Elson did not belong in the starting line-up when the playoffs started, and he did not earn it at all by the way he played. Giving him time with the starters to magically figure out how to play dd not work for him anymore than it did for Nazr. Pretty soon Pop will say that he is concerned because the rotations are not affording Horry enough minutes so they better start him.

timvp
04-26-2007, 12:55 AM
No- I did not predict that he would suck-- I predicted EXACTLY what and how it would unfold with regards to Pop. Elson did not belong in the starting line-up when the playoffs started, and he did not earn it at all by the way he played. Giving him time with the starters to magically figure out how to play dd not work for him anymore than it did for Nazr. Pretty soon Pop will say that he is concerned because the rotations are not affording Horry enough minutes so they better start him.

A) You were about seven months late on the "prediction" that Elson wouldn't work out.

B) The next in line to start is Oberto and not Horry.

ploto
04-26-2007, 01:19 AM
A) You were about seven months late on the "prediction" that Elson wouldn't work out.

B) The next in line to start is Oberto and not Horry.
I told people Elson would not work out the day he was signed-- and people said it was all about Rasho.

As for Oberto- he'll start one game that the Spurs will lose on the road and then Horry will start.

thousandth
04-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Too much crack? :rolleyes

Yes. :smokin

And yes, you overrate Scola. :dramaquee

Scola is a good defensive player? In ACB say no!!!
look to Madrid vs Tau last night.
Scola? defense? no. But I like him.

alamo50
04-26-2007, 01:38 PM

Maybe you can drop it (including the sarcasm) and see what happens next series (what he was signed for).

ArgSpursFan
04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes. :smokin

And yes, you overrate Scola. :dramaquee

Scola is a good defensive player In ACB say no!!!
look to Madrid vs Tau last night. Scola? defense? no. But I like him.

Jezz,did you know that TAU is on the EUROLEAGUE finals 4??????thatīs the real league in Europe not The Spanish ACB domestic league.Go back and check Scolaīs stats in Eurolegue and them comeback and talk.See ya!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW.He has good chances to be the MVP of the year,in Eurolegue.

thousandth
04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Jezz,did you know that TAU is on the EUROLEAGUE finals 4??????thatīs the real league in Europe not The Spanish ACB domestic league.Go back and check Scolaīs stats in Eurolegue and them comeback and talk.See ya!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW.He has good chances to be the MVP of the year,in Eurolegue.

:dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee
Jezzzzzz

But, I like him(Scola and Oberto)

and Nene, and Varejao and... :lol give me a break!! :devil

ArgSpursFan
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
:dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee
Jezzzzzz
(Scola and Oberto)

and Nene, and Varejao and... :lol give me a break!! :devil

What does Nene and Varejao have to do with what i said anyways.To your knowlegde the Scola/Oberto tandem defeted more tham once the Brazilian Varejao/Nene Duo.
BTW I respect Nene and Varejao,they are great players.