PDA

View Full Version : Lost in all the other bad play stats!

Rummpd
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
6'10" Horry = 1 measly friggin rebound in about 25 minutes of play does not make up for the occassional three or slam! Robert was playing hard but Oberto was grabbing rebounds or tipping them out. And another thing, Duncan was playing his only good minutes of the game, when Pop sat him for much too long into the start of the 4th quarter. Duncan and Oberto should have been on the floor the majority of the 4th quarter.

bdictjames
04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Horry was great last night. I dont blame the loss on anybody I think the Spurs will play so much better. Dont overreact to a Game 1, Round 1 loss.

boutons_
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
If "rest" gets us a Game1 loss, I say screw rest.

The Spurs didn't want it, absolutely didn't give FF.

ambchang
04-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I actually thought the game was a good game.
Needless to say, the Nuggets' defense surprised me, they played well by closing down on Duncan, but the Spurs have to make them pay with outside shots.
The positives I saw about this game:
Horry is alive.
Finley played well.
Duncan can still suck in the whole defense.

Some concerns:
The Spurs need to be more aggressive in the paint, giving up a bunch of offensive rebounds, and shooting only 10 FTs showed how weak the interior game was.
Iverson cannot be stopped. Anthony scored 30, but Iverson controlled the tempo of the game, and made some great plays either with himself finishing, or involving his teammates. The Spurs can have Iverson have his, and close on the other guys.
Nene is much much better on Duncan than I thought, I always thought Camby would be the one frustrating Duncan, but Nene had Duncan's number in Game 1. Duncan should be able to bounce back and destroy him in Game 2.

I still predict a 5 or 6 game series, with the Spurs coming out top of course.

Rummpd
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Still no one can be satistifed with 1 rebound. The Spurs were outrebounded by 10 and this was a big reason. Playing hard and scoring is fine, but all around productivity counts too. When Horry and Duncan are on the floor together -Horry is functioning as a true power forward and MUST rebound.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Agreed. Oberto was much more effective on the boards than any other big besides Duncan.

Horry did hit his shots though, which is great.

redskinfan
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
It's Joey Crawford's fault if he hadn't thrown Timmy out last sunday the Spurs might not have rested the big 3 and taken 2 games off! the rust was clearly evident but I am not surprised by the outcome Denver was hungry to prove something out there and the Spurs were lackluster but still had a great chance to win. I know Manu gets angry when he plays shitty and will come out and seize control of this series. Spurs in 6 baby!!!! BTW LOL about comments about Joey

SkunkinDuncan
04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
"Duncan can still suck in the whole defense."

The Nuggets barely doubled on Duncan. A little more at the end, but Nene played him straight up for a lot of the game. I would have to think Duncan won't miss as many easy baskets next game.