PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can win the Western Conference Title

carib
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone can win the Western Conference Title

I said this before and I am saying it again, the 8, 7&6 seeds are no joke, they are hungry, more athletic and also match up better with the top seeded teams and have nothing to lose.

Trust me there will be an upset in the first round of the Western Conference.

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I didn't think it could happen. I'm starting to believe now.

Phil Hellmuth
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
everything is right except*

* lakers suck and don't fall into this category of being able to win

carib
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
But there will be an upset; is it

Suns
Dallas
Spurs

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
everything is right except*

* lakers suck and don't fall into this category of being able to win

LOl. I can agree

carib
04-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Is it going to get any easier for the Spurs

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Is it going to get any easyer for the Spurs

easier*

ShoogarBear
04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, the Grizzlies can't.

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, the Grizzlies can't.

duh

cheguevara
04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I still think only very good defensive team will come out of the West.

That rules out the Suns, Nuggets, Utah and Warriors(even though I think they do play defense, but a Duncan or Yao would destroy them).

tlongII
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
The Suns will win the title. I've been saying this since early in the season. Saying they can't because of their lack of defense is BS. They will get it done.

Phonzie20
04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The Suns will win the title. I've been saying this since early in the season. Saying they can't because of their lack of defense is BS. They will get it done.

LOL

Поповић
04-23-2007, 10:38 AM
It'll either be the Spurs or Mavs. Nothing's changed. By Game 3 in both series suddenly there will be a reemergence of articles proclaiming the WC to be a 3 horse race. The media is so predictable and so are most fans.

mathbzh
04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Actually it would be funny (not for the Spurs obviously) if GSW/Denver and the Suns reach the next round. It would definitely prove that "Defense wins playoff games".

The_Worlds_finest
04-23-2007, 10:57 AM
as of 3games;
West
Mavs @ GS 2-1
Suns@Lakes 3-0
Spurs@Nugs 2-1
Utah@rockets 1-2
East
Pistons@ Magic 3-0
Cavs@Wiz 3-0
Bulls @heat 1-2
Raps@Nets 1-2

write it take, take a note, I dont give a shit but this is the future

Snake
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I still think only very good defensive team will come out of the West.

That rules out the Suns, Nuggets, Utah and Warriors(even though I think they do play defense, but a Duncan or Yao would destroy them).

ANYONE who thinks we Nuggets don't play D hasn't observed us closely in our last 20-25 games of the regular season. Or maybe you didn't watch Game 1, OR you watched Game 1 and said, "oh the Spurs were just missing shots."

If you think the Nuggets weren't showing some kind of change on that end... then you're trying to deny you're in for a long series and possibly lose it (I still say Nuggets in 5 or 6) :toast

Snake
04-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone can win the Western Conference Title

I said this before and I am saying it again, the 8, 7&6 seeds are no joke, they are hungry, more athletic and also match up better with the top seeded teams and have nothing to lose.

Trust me there will be an upset in the first round of the Western Conference.

Except the Lakers... and Warriors (I can't see them going further than 2nd rd)

carib
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Please take a look at the energy of the Warriors bench, and the energy on their faces when they are on the sideline, they are having so much fun.
The Warriors remind me of the Pistons back in the days when they were the Bad Boys.

jmard5
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
ANYONE who thinks we Nuggets don't play D hasn't observed us closely in our last 20-25 games of the regular season. Or maybe you didn't watch Game 1, OR you watched Game 1 and said, "oh the Spurs were just missing shots."

If you think the Nuggets weren't showing some kind of change on that end... then you're trying to deny you're in for a long series and possibly lose it (I still say Nuggets in 5 or 6) :toast

It would make me believe the Nuggets play D if they get past the Spurs. Until then, they are just an offensive team even with Camby around.

Don't get me wrong, I still give credit to the Nuggets team for beating the Spurs in game 1.

Samr
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Correction: Three teams can win the west title in a 7-game series. But, almost anyone can win the East title. Chicago, Detroit, Miami, outside shots of the Raptors and Nets.

West, it is still the mavs, suns, and spurs. 7-game series, the best team wins. Do not judge the end by the beginning.

jmard5
04-23-2007, 07:54 PM
West, it is still the mavs, suns, and spurs. 7-game series, the best team wins. Do not judge the end by the beginning.

:toast

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
the spurs will not win the western conference.

Cara De Dedão
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
the spurs will not win the western conference.

Now, that's the spirit.

SequSpur
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Now, that's the spirit.

i'm sorry but vaughn, elson and bonner don't do it for me... did you not see those shitbags in yesterday's game? they had monkey cum all over their faces. Scared shitless of a playoff game....

I would waive all of them right now.

Samr
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
i'm sorry but vaughn, elson and bonner don't do it for me... did you not see those shitbags in yesterday's game? they had monkey cum all over their faces. Scared shitless of a playoff game....

I would waive all of them right now.

Do not judge the end by the beginning.

Sit down, shut up.

carib
04-30-2007, 09:14 AM
There is still an upset in the making.

spursfaninla
04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I must say I am cheering for the Warriors. Of course, I don't think they get past Houston, who should win this matchup. Utah suddenly came alive and might get this to go 6 but Houston should win it.

The road for the Spurs suddenly got much easier...thanks GS!

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I must say I am cheering for the Warriors. Of course, I don't think they get past Houston, who should win this matchup. Utah suddenly came alive and might get this to go 6 but Houston should win it.

The road for the Spurs suddenly got much easier...thanks GS!

Be careful what you wish for. The Spurs should handle them though.

ATXSPUR
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
What if gs really does win the series? I mean how much does that really shake up the conference finals? Maybe an SA H-Town matchup? That would be pretty cool I think. But first things first...we must take care of the suns. Who I think will not present as much problems as denver does.

Mr. Body
04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Dallas gets dumped? Suddenly the Suns are the biggest obstacle between now and the Finals, with Houston and Utah looking like good challenges. We shouldn't overlook Phoenix, however, should we get past Denver.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Dallas gets dumped? Suddenly the Suns are the biggest obstacle between now and the Finals, with Houston and Utah looking like good challenges. We shouldn't overlook Phoenix, however, should we get past Denver.

Agreed. Let's go up 3-1 tonight, close it out in San Antonio, and then gear up for a grueling 5 game defensive battle with the Suns. :lol

In all seriousness, Phoenix will be tough. We're going to have to play very will to beat them.

And I think we will. I'm glad the first two games are in Phoenix... gives us a chance to steal one early.