PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fan in Maryland....

florige
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone. Im a new poster here from Baltimore. I've been a Die Hard Spurs fan back since the David Robinson, Willie Anderson combo. Not long as some of you have I'm sure. I have been to alot of the other message boards, and alot of unbiased fans are saying that we shouldn't be too worried due to the fact we only lost by a couple of points on an off shooting nights. This matchup with Denver I have to admit scares me due to the fact they have two proven scorers, and a good nucleus of other players to complement them. I say in game 2 if we neutralize those garbage points from the likes of Nene, we win that game despite Melo and AI having good games. They are both really streaky shooters. I think if we can step up our defensive execution they shouldn't be a problem from here on out. I mean outside of Iverson and Melo, they have no REAL scoring threat where as Dallas and Phx has many others who can score. But we can't live with Melo getting 30, and Iverson getting 30, and on top of that Nene putting up solid numbers too. I just wish Wed would hurry up and get here. I'm eager to see what adjustments Pop will make in game 2. Oh well thats my two cents.... :fro

DarrinS
04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Nuggets have two guys score in the 30's, the Spurs big three have a really bad shooting night, and we still only lose by 6?

I think the Spurs will win in 6.

jaespur21
04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
All valid points. spurs must execute better

and welcom :clap

mardigan
04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome Terp, go SPurs

florige
04-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Thats why I wasn't TOO concerned. The only thing that sucked were that we were at home. I would be nervous if our entire team played great and we still lost. I mean nobody really had a good night at all ane we still only lost by a few points. I still think game 2 will be close, just wish today was Wednesday.

jn77
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Welcome Florge! I am a Baltimore native, living in San Antonio now. I was at the game last night. I am not worried about this match up too much. The Spurs had a poor shooting night. Tim didn't have a point until the second half! You are not going to win, when your superstar is not scoring. Also alot of mental errors last night. They got good looks most of the time, but shots weren't falling. Just rust. It is going to be a better game 2. This series is going to go six games.

florige
04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Welcome Florge! I am a Baltimore native, living in San Antonio now. I was at the game last night. I am not worried about this match up too much. The Spurs had a poor shooting night. Tim didn't have a point until the second half! You are not going to win, when your superstar is not scoring. Also alot of mental errors last night. They got good looks most of the time, but shots weren't falling. Just rust. It is going to be a better game 2. This series is going to go six games.

Yeah I agree. Our Shots fall and we take game 1. And you are right. Anytime Duncan doesn't score until after halftime to be up at any time against Den is impressive. It always seems that we normally take a game off to feel out a team first. But I'm SURE we can take 2 games in Denver. Coming to this board has made me feel better. Even though on CBS, and other boards I've been to the concensus has been that Dallas needs t worry more than SA. Now everyone is starting to question Dirks heart. We ALL know that Duncan is going to bring it. I'm pretty sure even though Denver didn't celebrate last night, I'm kinda sure they are feeling pretty full of themselves right now. If I'm Pop I might try putting Bowen on Iverson some to frustrate him some. I'll give Melo his points.

MoSpur
04-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome

florige
04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome!! I just can't wait until Wed night. Why did they have to make it a two day wait??

ArgSpursFan
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I bet this will happen next game vs the nuggets:manu as a starter again,Oberto as starter or playing at least 25 mins,Bowen going real hard on Melo,and keeping him under 20 pts.+big night 20-15 from Timmy.

florige
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised either if we lose game 2 by a close margin and everyone and their grandmother starts calling us old. Then I think we win the next four, and Karl starts jumping down Melo's throat again. This a just a hunch I have. The Nuggets are good, I won't take that from them, but they are NO way built to take a series from us.

nkdlunch
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I bet this will happen next game vs the nuggets:manu as a starter again,Oberto as starter or playing at least 25 mins,Bowen going real hard on Melo,and keeping him under 20 pts.+big night 20-15 from Timmy.

nope. manu won't start. Oberto might start.

Bowen needs to concentrate on Melo OR AI. only 1.

comeon, he is not a machine Pop, tell him who he will guard, and I guarantee he will guard him well. who cares if 1 of them get 50 points. we will win the game :ihit

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2007, 10:50 AM
feel free to donate me ur 500 vbookie hahaha, welcome