PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to the airport?

ashbeeigh
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Yah for thread starters! :elephant

My roommate and I are driving into San Antonio to pick up a friend from the airport around 4:30. He'll be sitting there for quite some time and we were wondering what the best way to get to the airport is from Seguin around rush hour.

10 West to 410
or
10 West to 281 South to the airport?

Both can be hazardous (I just hate 410 and 281 you get all that Quarry traffic, right?), so I'd like to hear what y'all think. We'd like to get in and out as quick as possible.

xrayzebra
04-23-2007, 02:58 PM
You might want to think about getting off on 1604 toward
Randolph AFB and hooking up to IH35 South, look at a map.
But it is going to be a mess, lots of construction going on
right there at Airport exit and it isn't going to be pretty.

ashbeeigh
04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
You might want to think about getting off on 1604 toward
Randolph AFB and hooking up to IH35 South, look at a map.
But it is going to be a mess, lots of construction going on
right there at Airport exit and it isn't going to be pretty.

Yeah. I've seen that stuff first hand and is something neither of us want to deal with. Maybe not during rush hour it would be possible. Thanks for the idea.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Take the Red Line downtown to Gallery Place, then switch to the Yellow Line-Huntington and get off at the National Airport stop.

SpursWoman
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
There is absolutely, positively no *quick* way to get in and out of there, whichever direction you're coming from, at that time of day.

Best advice: leave as early as possible, make sure you go potty before you leave...have good music, and possibly something to drink.

:) :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Fly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Take the Red Line downtown to Gallery Place, then switch to the Yellow Line-Huntington and get off at the National Airport stop.

I must say, with my limited use of public transportation, the Washington Metro was damn great.

ashbeeigh
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
There is absolutely, positively no *quick* way to get in and out of there, whichever direction you're coming from, at that time of day.

Best advice: leave as early as possible, make sure you go potty before you leave...have good music, and possibly something to drink.

:) :lol

:D That's exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook some crazy back-assed way like like taking 78 or some crap like that.